Park Green

P

pg

Hi Ah Eng,

The bank told us that we do not have to pay penalty as it will be absorbed by the bank. Dunno how true, cos from wat the lawyer said, we have to pay....

Sakura,
Would you be having any customary wedding? Why not, you can have your solemnisation during your wedding dinner? Just like me lor..... now I still sourcing for restuarants for our dinner. An not forgeting, my bridal package! Got lots to plan, but no way are we going to stress ourselves too much over wedding preparations. Alot of couple frens quarrel during this period, so we told ourselves not to overstress ourselves. Anyway, the most impt thing is the blissful marriage life after the actual day!

Or you can consider going to nearby hotels like Oriental Hotel where they have reasonably priced high-teas. I went there to eat with my bf before. I tink it's about $15 per head. May more people, they might give better price.

chinnie

Hi All,

I'm a new owner of Park Green, bought it only about a week back
happy.gif

Anyway, I went down to the showroom to settle some documents on Sat. They told me that the TOP date has been postphoned to the 3rd or 4th qtr 2004 (they told me it's Jun 04 when i bought the unit)due to the frequent rain and also complaints about the noise, which means that construction can no longer be carried out on Sunday.

A new showroom to be located in one of the blocks near the LRT track will also be ready in June 03
happy.gif

BTW, did anyone write in to the developer asking them to make some changes to your apartment (adding wardrobes, hacking walls etc)?

A

ah eng

Hi Chinnie ....welcome!!!

Will the developer entertain such changes?? And will there be any charges for such changes ?
17968.gif

chinnie

Hi Ah Eng,

Actually I'm not too sure, the sales people say we can write in, but subject to approval.

Generally, if you ask them not to install something (such as wardrobe, WC etc), it will be FOC. If you want them to install something extra, they will charge, charge, charge!!!

A

ah eng

oic...chinnie,

But not to install anything is a bit waste money leh. Afterall, we paid for them, u know. Think I m satisfied the way it is....heehee. A good excuse cos we do not have the budget to do much amendments too
lame.gif

chinnie

I wanted to make a few changes initially, to accomodate a bigger wardrobe in the master bedroom
wink.gif
But because of constraints, bo pian lor.

i will only ask them to hack away the toilet bowl in the WC. The WC is too cramped with the toilet bowl inside, i would convert it to a washing area instead
happy.gif

A

ah eng

And one lesser toilet bowl to wash too !!!...keekeke
rofl.gif

I bot the 108sq m unit ....so no WC area
wink.gif

happy

actually, my fh & i dun like their wardrobes.... but to hack them off will be quite a waste.... most likely we would redo the wardrobes for our master bedroom only.....

juz out of curiosity, how many of u guys have gone thru customary wedding? as for me, i juz romed & our customary will be in 2005...

missylan

Sorry hah.... I don't quite understand.... our Park Green EC come with furnitures???

Can someone tell me whether the kitchen cabinets, wardrobe, cupboards etc come with it?

Pls tell me more as if I bought this unit and know very little.

Thanx

longmarch

hi ah eng

i bought a unit on blk 6. facing the pool. low level.

i called the lawyer today says that the developer asking for 1st payment on 1st april. heard it lol, cos it's april's fool day. told the lawyer not to pull a fast one but he says no kidding. letter is on the way. dun know y u guys paid already. which bank u took loan from?

chinnie

I was thinking of hacking off the master bedroom wardrobe too, but in the end dismissed the thought as it would mean more money spent
sad.gif

Well, thought I'll just change the wardrobe if i need to a few years later, can get a new look and make the most out of the wardrobe anyway.

Btw, happy, if you want to change your wardrobe, you might want to write in to the developer (if you have not done so) and ask them not to install it. Hacking will incur extra cost on your part.

Me not yet ROM, not yet customary... There's still time I guess

A

ah eng

Missylan....u very sotong leh...kekeke
crazy.gif
U really sounds like a rich woman ....bought a EC and still do not know wat comes with it ....*joking ...hehe*

What u see in the kitchen, toilets (showroom) is wat u will get (except the electrical appliances and towels), and u will get the wardrobes in the rooms....

My loan is from UOB and i m using their free lawyer service.

Chinnie....i sama sama as u ....thinking of hacking the wardrobe. Also facing budget constraints. Felt that it is a waste too. Most ideal is a walk in wardrobe....but master room is too small for one.

Happy, I m a mother of 2 kids ....needless to say, i hv gone thru my customary already ^o^

sakura

Hi all! Glad to see this thread so active

PG, i initially thought of having dinner and solemnization together too, but a bit too stressful cos there are so many details to take care of! So now, I just concentrate on the ROM reception first, customary later. Tentatively to ROM early 2004. Thanks for the suggestion, i will check out Oriental Hotel and other hotels for high teas. Think someone in other threads mentioned Hotel Rendevous. And yes, thanks, ah eng, for helping me keep a hearout too!

Me and my bf also dun like the wardrobes, cos the colour is all the same. We thinking of changing the exterior of the doors, maybe ask our contractor to put another piece of formica of a different colour over the door. Can be done quite easily, but i see if we have extra cash to do this after renovation.

Hi Chinnie, welcome to the thread! which block do you stay in?

happy

Hi Sakura,

we juz had our rom reception at oriental hotel.... the food was so so.... but the charges are very reasonable.... if u r an ocbc credit card holder, u do entitle to 15% discount.... if i'm not wrong, they do tie up with a few credit cards... do call them at 6331 0082 to find out.... alternatively, u can also consider Teahouse by Tunglok at chinasq charging at $15nett....

longmarch

I m staying in Blk 6, too high too expensive also kwa boh,
Too low maybe too noisy
so I bought the in between with the balc in the liv rm.

missylan

Alamak.... my husband and I really don't know that wardrobes and kitchen cabinets come with it.

I don't like like that leh... Thinking of getting our own styles. If the material is not good etc or not suit, most probably will hack them down.

What about the living room? What will be included?

Thanx

P

pg

Nothing in the living room will be included, except for the flooring. Missylan, you really har.... never do homework.... but tink it's very easy to earn your money though!

I've signed up for a bridal package already. At least 1 headache gone for now. We went to look at 2 bridal during exhibitions, and the final 3rd one at the bridal shop. Felt tat all packages almost the same. Now trying to find the venue for our wedding dinner.

I'm quite ok with the wardrobes in the bedrooms. Quite simple colour. Light grey right??? I just dun like the fact tat the windows are sliding windows. Prefer pushed-out type of windows. But it would be too expensive to change windows.... heee...heee.....

Can't wait to move in.... my bf promised tat he would grow nice flowers in our planters, cos he knows tat i've always wanted my own garden. So the planters are a very good substitute.

My unit also dun have the WC in the yard. It's 112 sqm.

A

ah eng

Actually I am also okie with the kitchen cabinets and room wardrobes. My hubb and myself always prefer something simple and light coloured.

PG, which bridal package did u take up? Btw, I thot all 112 units come with the WC in the yard??

P

pg

Ah Eng

I booked my bridal package with Bridal Concept at Bugis. We felt tat all packages are almost similar. But we told the bridal shop tat we emphasize alot on quality of service.

No, my unit doesn't come with WC in the yard. We didn't realise until when we book the unit, then we went to see the floor plan more carefully, then we realise it. Anyway, nevermind lar. Tink the WC would "eat" into the 112sqm we have.

P

pgsengkang

Hi all,

May I know how they price Blk 6.
How come a different in prices.
The Park view is more expensive than the Pool view - I agree with this.

Wat about the unit facing the pool. should not they price the same?

chinnie

Hi PGSENGKANG,

I think all units are priced differently even though they might be in the same block. Unit 8 & 9 is more expensive than unit 13 (even though unit 13 face the pool directly) because unit 13 has west sun. Unit 8 cost more than unit 9 becos unit 8 faces the water feature directly while unit 9 faces the path way. Not forgetting that "8" is a popular number, so they charge more; just like the price difference between level 7 and level 8 is much higher than the other levels becos level 8 is charged at a premium.
If you look at the unsold flats, i think a lot of them has the number "14" in it, like unit "14" or level "14"

P

pgsengkang

Besides Park Green EC, I have consolidated other ECs, Can u guys help to fill up the list. Just want to know what are the ECs available.

1) Florida
2) Floravale
3) Nuovo
4) Eastvale
5) Rivervale
6) windermere
7) Lilydale
8) Simei Green
9) Yu mei Green
10) Chestervale
11) Woodsvale
12) Northoaks
13) Esparis
14) Whitewater
15) Westvale
16) Eden
17) Whitewater
18) Bishan Loft
19) Pine Vale
20)........
21) .....

sakura

Hi, PGsengkang, may I know why do you want to consolidate the list for? Have you bought a unit at Park Green? I think you can get the list from HDB's website, cos they are the one who offer land for executive condomnium development. Go check it out.

i am staying on the 14th floor too...actually i only know 13 is a sensitive no, but dunno abt 14. Anyway, it is the only high floor unit left, so bo pian for us. =P

Hi PG, did you book your wedding package during bridal exhibition at suntec? heard there is a exhibition there.. feel like going there, but worried we will be pressurised to sign up on the spot. kekeke want to take my time to see see look look.

I went to my fren's wedding at Alkaff mansion yesterday night. The view and ambience was terrific! We got to mingle in the garden under the stars before proceeding to the marquee tent to have dinner. There is a small pavilion too, nicely decorated and my fren sang a song there for his bride. So touching and romantic. PG, can consider having your wedding there. =) The only bad point is the food, feel that it is only so-so.

chinnie

Hi Sakura,

13 is only an unlucky no. for ang mo, not chinese (think 13 for cantonese is alive).

Anyway, if anyone wan to save money, might snap up the 14th floor or unit 14 when they give further discount, understand that they will be doing that if there are still some units left. Dunno when will that happen though
happy.gif

missylan

I thought of having my wedding at Alkaff mansion... not only the food is so so, there is no air-con! If you wanna have the air-con, beri expensive no worth it!

chinnie---- But I thought EC(government) cannot have further discount?

P

pg

I have finally booked my bridal package. After going to 2 bridal exhibitions, my bf and I felt so tired listening to those sales pple talk and talk about their packages ... blah blah blah.... So we decided tat all packages are almost similar. We asked married frens and relatives, and they all advised against spending too much on bridal packages, cos the album would always end up in the cupboard or storeroom and collect dust. And I noticed something too. Most of them say tat bridal shops always very ncie at first, then quite bad service towards the end. Very scary leh....

We went to the bridal show (Bridal Concept) today at Apollo Hotel. Won a buffet dinner for 2 at their lucky draw. Never felt so lucky before....
happy.gif

I went past the Park Green construction today again. For Missylan's block, it's already constructed up to 9th level! Wow so fast!

P

pgsengkang

Hi Sakura,

there is no such thing as 14 unlucky, 13 unlucky, 8 lucky or wat. wat is more importnat is that the person must perform good deeds. I have a friend who bought a unit in Palm Graden 14-14. he gets 10 mth bonus working in a reknown bank and has no worries about money. Health wise also good. The thing is that you must be happy in the things u do.

BTW, i checked with HDB,, Redas on the list of condo but they could not provide. That's the list I got from my friend. Just wan to know
what are the ECs around so that in five years time after TOP, can check whether our PG can sell at a competitive price. I bought a unit in blk 6. Facing the pool cheapest among the thatlevel. In fact 4th level.

Hope u guys enjoy the weekend.

P

pg

Hi all

I tink for auspicious numbers for homes, it depends on individuals. Some people take the number 4 very well. I remember Jack Neo's house number has 44 (as shown in newspapers). And he has a really ingenious method - he put the word "shun4 li4" after the 44. So it becomes "everything go smoothly". He's earning big bucks now, and even GCK talks about him!

longmarch

Hi ah eng,

my law firm need to be reprimanded. the paregal just send me the details that the developer send to them in Nov 6. I just got it a few days back.

On top of that, there was another letter with the inclusion of the purification system/

Ni suo kai bu kai pei mah?

Fortunately no nee dto pay for penalty cos left pocket out left pocket in. I took OCBC bank loan.
The CPF deduction will only come on 1st April.

Cock up right.

Never call them(law firm) they never do anything.

Let me know of any disbursement in teh future. Thanks.

Have a good week ahead.

P

pg

Hi longmarch,

Wondering if your law firm is SMT. They messed up my application, putting me as "Mdm" when I haven't married yet, and keep sending legal documents to my home address instead of my bf's home. We told them several times, yet they still not up to standard. No professionalism at all.

And when they said we need to pay penalty cos of late deduction, I fumed up, cos it's not our fault at all. We never want to call them again. We now told our bank officer to liase with them. So disappointed with them. Till now, SMT still owes us the whole set of legal documents.

chinnie

Well, its because of people's superstition that the developers priced it this way. So if you don't mind, of cos you get to gain. For me, i dun mind as well, i just took an unit that i like and that's about it. However, there is also a thought about the resale value, even if you don't mind, who know whether the next buyer will?

Missylan, the EC is not entirely a government project. The developer is allowed to price it any way they want. Take for example, EsParis is 85% sold, and they are now offering 10k and 20k ang pow to get rid of the remaining units. So if you buy your units towards TOP, you might not get much choices, but you get a lower price.. Therefore, its really up to you. But for Park Green, I realise that the sales for the bigger units (Type C) is not selling that well, so if anyone intend to get those more expensive units, it might be worth waiting a while and try their luck. In any case, NTUC does not expect the development to be sold out any time soon, dats why they are building a new showflat after they tear down the present one
happy.gif

longmarch

Hi PG

U r right Pat especilally. try to act cute.
Spoke to her in English then she tried to speak to me in mandarin.
PG, it's okay at this moment if the CPF deduction is late cos the interest loan rate is lower than the CPF ordinary Int rate.

I scolded her say that any latest correspondence received, better pass it to me.

And i hope this thread will help cos we are
aware . Bet u SMT will still cock up.

Cock up Law firm. No wonder my friend's sister
who is a corporate lawyer says that the firm is not up to standard.

Let keep each other inform. Thanks.

P

pg

Hi Longmarch

Yes, let's keep each other informed. Pat is ok. I just can't stand tat "SMT".... so cocky when he speaks to us. My bank officer told me tat im not the only one who complained about SMT. He got another client who complained too. Perhaps you are the one????
happy.gif

Anyway, guess we might re-finance our loan in few years' time. A good chance to change lawyer. We gave them so many chances to amend whatever mistakes they made, like, wrong address, wrong info typed.... etc.... argghhhh..... makes me fumed when i tink about it.

A

ah eng

Hmm....looks like SMT can close biz soon...with so many complaints! Well girls, I think so long as they do not ask u to pay for the penalty, u still can keep one eye close. No choice rite??!! ...anyway is this SMT firm used by OCBC or u had seek the firm yourself. So if SMT is used by OCBC, even if u refinance ur bank loan, u are still being stuck with SMT. Unless u get a new loan from another bank. GOOD LUCK!

I am using the lawyer firm of UOB. As this is a law firm by the bank, any info in and out will be updated fast. Actually, they are fast in getting their disbursements. We also have not received our leagl documents yet...*sigh*

Longmarch,
U said something about another letter with the inclusion of the purification system. Wat's it all about? I thot that the purification system is included in our unit right from the start?? U will start only paying in Apr03?? ...wow, then i am already done with almost 6 instalments leh!!! ...Does tat mean I can get my unit 6 mths earlier ??...
biggrin.gif
(just joking)

Agree with Chinnie about the figures superstitious thingy. To add, I think that fengshui and the morning/afternoon sun thingy also contributes to the cost factor....

longmarch

Hi Ah eng,

I will catch up with you. As for the instalments
It does not matter cos the ord yields more interest than the loan rate. after the second year, then it's time to pay back most of the loan.
anyway, u will get not get the unit earlier tahn me, hehehe but u will pay off faster than me.

The purification system was not in teh initial T and C. Subsequently It was included in November.

In fact if u have notice, cos I have been staying around this area for almost 12 years. Those units facing the pool will not get any sun.
Looking at the Map. U might have thot the West Sun shines on the block facing the pool. But in actual fact, the sun tilts at an angle, so those facing the pool will not be affected. I have
a friend staying in rivervale, this is wat he told me.

OCBC rateis the most attractive cos based on disbursement on the first two years, principal is low and interest rate a few % point will not play a part. Third year onwards is important. OCBC rate of 2.55%(2.95 below prime) in teh 3rd year is very attractive. 4th year on, not attractive. Therefore will refinance after two years. ABN AMBRO MAYBANK and citibank rates are good. But afterall they are foreign banks. do not know what arethe policies on Foreign Bank in the future.

Anyway if u guys are interested. I have photos from Day 1(before park green is allocated theland by MUKIM) to present, just give meyour address(email) and I will send to you.

P

pg

Hi Longmarch, can send the photos to me? My email is [email protected]

Anyway, is the water purification system included in the total cost? Or is it additional payment? We bought our unit in early Nov 2002.

Shall we have a contacts list of all of us? What info shall we have in our contacts list?? Just a thought.....

A

ah eng

Longmarch ...I hv not recd my email leh...how big is ur file ...more than 2MB ...cannot send to my hotmail a/c liao

chinnie

Hi Longmarch,

Can you send me the photos too? You can send to [email protected]. BTW, i know unit 8 & 9 will not have the West sun. But wat about unit 13? It's directly facing West right?

Anyway, just out of curiousity, interested to find out if the price of parkgreen has fluctuated since it was launched. How much discount did you all get when you bought your units? Mine was 12%, minus stamp fees, then minus 6000 for Type A, 8000 for Type B and 10,000 for Type C. What about the rest of you?

happy

hi longmarch,
i have received the pix.... tks a lot......

hi chinnie,
i bought unit 13 too.... not sure whether it will be directly facing west...... when we used our own compass to measure, the north facing was different from the booklet... so, quite confused over this... until now, we still cannot figure out the facing of our unit..... as for the price, it still remain unchanged when i bought it last dec....

longmarch

The price is the same as before. No fluctuations.
If the unit can't be sold they will probably rent it out or sell a bit cheaper, so will not drop much. unit 13 will unlikely get the sun.

Mind all of u stamp duty was not absorbed at all.
The absorb word has been used blatantly and it need tobe checked. after all we are the one paying teh stamp.those facing the park(a few of them near therivervale link) will get the afternoon sun(dependin on the time of the year)

A

ah eng

Thanks longmarch ...i recd the email already.

Btw....unit 15 will face the any sun? The agent told us that unit 10 and 15 got better fengshui for the front door ...dunno true or not.

When we bot the unit, there is a choice for u to choose whether to deduct from the stamp duty from the purchase price or to pay full purchase price & the stamp duty will be paid in cash to u. Considered absorbed liao ??!!!!

chinnie

Hmm, when i bought the unit, they just deduct the stamp fees from the selling price, so i'll like to think of it as an additional discount rather than being absorbed
happy.gif

As for the West facing, I'm not too sure. Actually i thought of taking (in fact i reserved it at one time) unit 13, high floor, odd level, quite cheap and facing the pool. But when i went down and ask the sales agent, she told me quite frankly that I will get the afternoon sun, whereas the unit that I have now (unit 8) will not get the noon sun. I did not go check the compass and just took her word for it... Aiyah, never mind, anyway bought oledi, afternoon sun or not also boh pian.