Pan Pacific Singapore

corica

Hi Cleo

I got 2 night stay cos i booked 55 tables. I booked the grand ballroom at the first floor (supposedly the new one). But the LCD screen is also at the end, but apparently, there's a LCD screen at the centre as well, so i have a choice.

I think it's nice to have a video presentation. Something that most people like to watch if not the dinner would be very boring. I think you shldn't forgo it. Most people can see it - only whether it's clear or not so clear.

So how much did you book your table for and for how many pple? Hope you don't mind me asking...and when's your wedding?

S

ss

Hi Cleo

Did you have any anniversary stay beside the 2 nite stay

SS

cleo

Hi Corica,

We confirmed only 25 tables @618+++ per table for weekday.

Wedding is on 8 Jan 02.

corica

Hi Cleo

Uh huh, that is quite a good deal you've got. I thought it should be more expensive. Have you gone for your food tasting yet? I hope the food is good and presentable. Have a great day.

cleo

The price is the normal price for weekday & it is valid till Sep 01. Food tasting might be in Dec.

C

cast

Hi,
I'm thinking of Pan Pacific too.
Anyone tried asking for only eight course dinner?
Coz mine is on a weekday so worried that ppl might leave earlier.

corica

Hi Cast

I think you can negotiate with the catering manager about the dinner. I believe they will be able to arrange for it. They are quite flexible. But seriously speaking, there's not much diff b/w 8 and 9 course. More worth it to take the 9 course.

All the best. ANything, feel free to ask me
happy.gif

C

cast

Hi all!

May I ask what is the LCD screen & video presentation thing? Is it the one where you convert photos to a vcd?

Corica,

Yes, they are willing to waive $50/tbl for 8 course. And wow! 55tbls, dats alot. Btw you have any anniversary stay beside 2 nite stay?

Cleo,

Can I know more abt your package coz mine is a weekday wif lesser tbls(30) too.

cleo

Hi Cast,

I agree with Corica, since we are paying the same price. It's more presentable. 'coz most other hotels only offer 8 course for weekdays, so pple tend to think that it is cheaper.

I guess u can exchange it for the LCD. The hotel will not do the presentation. U have to get your videographer to do it.

U can email me so that i can email u my contract.

corica

Hi Cast,

By the way, the LCD is like a normal projector screen which allows you to link it to your laptop and you can show a presentation to your guests at your wedding dinner.

Yes, i have an additional night of anniversary stay bsides the 2 nights.

I think it's more worth it to go for 9 course, since it's only $50 more. 8 Course is basically only 7 dishes + 1 dessert.

So which theme do you gals think is nice? I like the garden and candle one actually. No chance to see the candle theme 'live' yet. Any comments from you gals?

Have a nice weekend.

C

cast

Well, I spoke to Wai Leng and she's willing to give me $650/tbl nett for 8 courses (taking away the pork ribs) and 20l+20l barrel beer. Is dat worth it?

If I have a vcd converted from photos, how do I "play" it?

What songs would you gals be playing? Any suggestions for chinese songs?

Corica,
Personally I feel dat the candle theme alone would suit the ocean ballroom better coz the ceiling at the pacific ballroom is too high to have any "impact".
As for the garden theme, it look great at the pacific ballroom coz of the gazebo with the smart lights.
I actually prefer garden but might be getting both coz candles give me a romantic feel.
Combine both if you are not sure, PanPac is known for its decor so no worries!

cleo,
Really appreciate your help. You can email me at [email protected]
Btw, pacific1&2 is nearer to the entrance rite?
Will you be having a "neighbour next door"? Guess I will be having a "neighbour". sigh!

corica

Hi Cast

Well, i think $650nett is reasonable considering it's Pan Pac. But is this for weekend or weekday? And how many tables is that for?

You mean we're allowed to combine 2 themes? This is something new...i wasn't aware of this. Hmm...if that's the case, then it'll probably make my job easier. No need to crack my head so much over which theme to choose.

As for the VCD show, i think you have to bring along a VCD player and plug it in to their LCD projector before it can be shown on the screen. I'm not exactly sure, so it'll be safer if you chk with the mgr.

As for songs...no idea yet. H2b and myself are scouting around for wedding CDs to gain some insight. I don't think i'll play an Chinese songs...doesn't really blend in with the ambience leh.

So what songs do you have in mind?

C

cast

Hi Corica
Its for weekday with min 30 tbls.

Yup, I was allowed to choose both theme. Check with your co-ordinator. It should be ok, coz if i am not wrong, the decor are all recycled items so it shouldn't add any cost.

How do I go abt getting the slideshow that you lots have?

As for the songs, I think I will be playing 'I finally found someone' by bryan adam. (1st song I dedicated to him...... actually, he dun bother..... good for you h2b scout with you.)

Do you mind if I can have a copy of your contract for reference? and I read from some other link that we have to pay for the cocktail reception, is that true?

corica

Hi Cast

OIC, i'll chk with the catering mgr then.

Basically, the slide show is a powerpoint where you scan all your photos in and then make a little presentation. Shouldn't contain too many photos or people will get bored looking. Perhaps just some from childhood, to teenage, to dating and marriage. Get a friend who's IT savvy to help out. Then you can have more time to do other important stuffs.

No, you don't have to pay for the cocktail. It's part of the package. Better clarify with your catering mgr.

C

cast

Hi Cleo,

Thanks alot. I received it and read through the items, but dun really understand what are the exclusive items, maybe you can highlight them for me?

Frankly speaking, I actually feel that the package is really very negotiable. Many items are already in the costs, its juz a 'if you ask for it, I'll give you, if you dun, I'll not offer' case.

I read through many forums and actually found out that most ppl have the 'yours is a special case, so I hope that you can understand and not disclose to so and so ......' but when the truth is out, the "exclusive" items are really similar. Like, for example,
- the anniversary stay convert to 2nd nite stay
- day use room convert to nite stay, top up $$
- food tasting for maybe even 10pax
- waiver of first 12 bottles wine, subsequent $$
- complimentary extra barrel beer
- more car park coupon, invitation cards etc....
So, gals, we should really open up and let everyone know what are the things that are really negotiable. Its to our benefits, rite?

But anyway, although they have this 'sales tactic', it is still better than this Copthorn hotel where they actually tell me 'our hotel is not a place for you to bargain like a market...' I felt so insulted and left upon hearing that.

Guess that it really depends on your luck, and also the no of tables you have.

kit

Hi,
have anyone deal with Amanda See as their wedding consultant at Pan Pacific. how is she? Can we ask for more things from her? Thanks a million

natalie

hi kit

i signed with Pan Pac with amanda. Overall, I feel that she is easy to approach and she listens patiently to your needs. I think she is rather flexible too, though she couldn't make the decision on the spot, she will make sure she get back to you ASAP.

Natalie

C

cast

Hi Kit & Natalie,

Any good deal that you two got to share?
I'm still in the midst of confirming with them, so I'm hoping to make it a better deal b4 I confirm with them.
Spent alot on renovation and still want a 'grand' wedding, so no choice lah, got to be more 'cheapo' and ask for more things.
Hope you dun mind sharing.
Thank you!

kit

Hi Natalie,
Mind sharing what did you manage to get from Amanda? Is it possible to get a reduction in the package price? Thanks

twinkle

Hi All,

What makes you gals decide on Pan Pac? Mind me picking your brain a bit? I'm actually on the initial stage of choosing a venue for the wedding dinner. Currently, have Hyatt, regent, marina mandarin and Pan pac in mind. Will be going to view the ballroom next week.

corica

Hi Twinkle

I basically chose Pan Pac over the other hotels because of it's mordern decor and convenience. It also offers 'theme weddings' which not many hotels can offer.

Personally, I feel that Regent is really out of the way, cos it's tucked at the end of Orchard Rd. Hyatt seems ok - this was also one of my choices but ultimately, did not go for it cos i heard that the food wasn't too good.

I know Marina Mandarin is offering a free flow of beer promo if you book b4 Sept this year. That will help to save quite a lot of money if you expect your guests to consume quite a lot of beer. I think you should go take a look at all your shortlisted venues and then make up your mind. Anything else regarding Pan Pac, feel free to ask me
happy.gif

natalie

Hi kit n cast

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes i think it is possible to ask for a reduction or rather a nett price for each table if u have more tables to bargain for. The followings are some of the things we bargained:

1) S$815nett per table for the S$738+++ menu on saturday. we still manage to "upgrade" one of the dish.

2)amanda oso throw in the LCD FOC for us. ..

3)She oso allowed us to combine the garden and candle theme if we want...

4)we have 02 nights bridal suite stay by forgoing the 01 anniversary stay.

5)Free waiver of corkage charge for all hard liquor and 1st 10 bottles of wine brought in, subsequently at $10+++ per bottle.

6)Lastly, we have complimentary 2x 30litres barrel of beer.

We have a friend holding their dinner nxt yr may2002 and theirs is on weekday, they manage to bargain for S$600 nett for 55 tables.

Hope these will help..

C

cast

Hi

Any bargain that you gals got to share?
As for myself, I've managed to get:

1) $650nett for eight course on a weekday

2) Allowed to combine all the theme(mix & match)

3) 2 nite stay forgoing anniversary

4) Day use room for co-ordinator

5) Waiver of all hard liquor & 1st 12btls wine, subsequently at $10/btl

6) 2x20l barrel beer

7) Beer charges: 20l-$450++, 30l-$600++

8) Food tasting for 10pax

Again I was given the 'Yours is a special case, I hope you will not disclose to so and so......', so gals these are for us only, please do not mention to the panpac fellows ok

Btw, mine is on a weekday with 33tbls, anyway I have not sign with them yet coz afraid to lose bargain power (hubby still bargaining with them on the phone) But I will be going down on monday to confirm with them.

Natalie,

How many tables do you have? 2x30l barrel beer quite alot rite?

shane

Hi Ladies

Your should 'bargain' for more freebies, etc... I heard that they are really desperate for business. They are way off their sales budget, so they can be very flexible.

If possible, try to get free flow of beer instead of by the barrel, usually, the hotel staff will tell you that you have already consumed 1 barrel during the pre dinner cocktail and just 2 courses throuh your dinner, you would have used up the other! All in all, they will make you purchase another barrel????

As for day use room, you can always try to get it to be a night's stay.

As for corkage charges for wine, it can be waived too, it's just up to them to be flexible. If you are willing to pay, ask for a nett price instead of paying $+++, right?

As for LCD projector, it should be FOC, coz' it is an inhouse equipment, they shouldn't charge it, imagine if they can provide FOC to their seminar guests, why can't they do the same for wedding couple? You are paying a bomb in total for just one dinner compare to a seminar event.

Anyway, try your best to get the best package at the most cost efficient price. Good luck and best wishes, gals!

C

cast

Hi all,

What do you think of squeezing 35tbls into pacific1&2?

M

mt

Hi Dell, u mentioned that price is $822nett. is it wkday or wkend price?

Also, I have heard some negative comments regarding the food. u gals have any comment on this?

whiterose

Hi mt

I have booked Pan Pacific for my wedding in 2002. I have not gone for my food tasting so don't really know how good is the food, but I have heard that the food is not bad cos their dishes are from one of the famous restaurant in Singpaore. I can't remember the name. I think is "Hai Tien Loa" something like that.

Anyway, mt, I think most important you must see what is your piority. If you you're more particular about the ballroon decoration, ambience and the package price range fall into your budget then food is secondary factor loh. Unless the food is really that bad till so many people complaint about it, then you'll have to consider about it.

Have you seen the actual ballroom decoration?

Whiterose

corica

Hi mt

I also booked my dinner with Pan Pacific for 2002 and i agree with Whiterose that you must consider what's your priority - ambience of food.

Generally, hotels don't serve fantastic food but usually, they are better in terms of ambience (according to friends and forums). But i must commend that Pan Pac's ballroom is very nice - unlike the normal red red colour kind of decorations.

All the best!

yvonne

Hi Cast,

i was a bit upset after reading this forum
i tried to bargain with WaiLeng for $650/- a table..but she gave me $680/- (coz hubby told her our budget is $680/-). i admit tat we dun have the bargain power coz we sort of committed $680/-..but if she's really helpful..surely can reduce the price rite?
the wine is $18+++ (1st 12 btls waived)..i went to c her yesterday..went back home n read this thread...very upset tat she can actually give such a good deal to other couples n not mine!
i really like the ballrm..but i also really hope tat she can give me $650/- per table..n perhaps to lower the charge for wine (since i think the rate of consumption of wine is higher than beer in my case)

Cast, how do u find her?
i dunno leh..she is quite unfrendly..doesnt seem to keen..n when she sits..abit "yaya" pattern..leaning back n hands resting on the top of the chair..i'm not comfortable with her..she is very "stingy" even though we told her tat we r quite "tight"..
n hey..u even managed to get 2x20litres beer free..urs is 33 tables rite?
i have 45 tables n she is still so stingy with me!
sad.gif

can we actually request for another co-ordinator?
i really like the PP's ballrm!

whiterose

Hi Corica

You booked pan pacific for your wedding in 2002 so which ballroom did you book. Mine is at Pacific ballroom 2 & 3. Which theme decor. did you choose?

Whiterose

sue

Hi mt,

just to let you know - I just had my wedding dinner at the Pan Pac slightly more than a month ago, and my husband and I were very pleased with everything. The guests said that the food was good, the ambience was really nice, decorations were done up well. In fact, we didn't have any complaints! In case you're wondering, we chose the candle theme - and I liked it a lot.

corica

Hi Whiterose

I booked the ballroom downstairs (the new one). I don't exactly know the actual name for that particular ballroom.

I haven't decided on a theme. But i pretty much like the candle and garden theme. Don't really know which one to choose also cos all are so nice.

Hi Sue

I heard that the for the candle theme, Pan Pac actually re-used old candles? Is that true? That's what i read from other brides forums. So who was your co-ordinator? Congrats to you! By the way, if you don't mind, can i have a look at your photos? So that i can have a visual image of how an actual wedding will look like with the candle theme? My email addy is [email protected] if you want to email me. Cheers!

corica

Hi Yvonne

Request for Candy. She will perhaps allow more room for negotiations. She is my coordinator and i didn't have much of a problem trying to bargain with her. In fact, most of the things i requested for, she actually gave me i.e. like price per table, wine corkage, free beer, more invitation cards and car park coupons. You can call her directly at 4348248.

I agree with you that PP's ballroom is really nice so why give it up bcos of one lousy coordinator? You have a choice to choose who you want. Tell Candy your problem and she'll probably be nicer
happy.gif

yvonne

Hi Corica,

thks for your reply.
if i were to call Candy..like not very nice rite?
wat should i say? tat i'm served by WL n tot of changing co-ord? or dont even tell her abt WL n take it as a fresh enquiry?

corica

Hello Yvonne

I think you should just call Candy and tell don't mention anything to her. Just pretend it's a fresh enquiry. I doubt WL and Candy will share notes so should be quite safe. If you're worried, give her your Chinese name instead of your English name lor.

I think you don't need to feel too obiligated. It's fair and square in sales. If one provides better service, of course she'll get the sales.

I believe you can bargain for what you want. Just give it a try. No harm right?

All the best!

Cheers
happy.gif
)

sue

Hi Corica

That's what I had heard too, that the Pan Pac re-used their candles, and it got me a bit worried before the wedding. I actually asked the co-ordinator (Wai Leng) and she assured me that they didn't, that they only used new candles. I thought everything looked fine for my wedding. I would love to show you photos, but they haven't been developed yet!!! Too busy lah! Can email you if I get them done soon!

corica

Hi Sue

Sure! Can't wait to see them....u know those pictures in the Pan Pac website is so small i can't even see a thing. I have only seen their garden theme before cos i attended a friend's wedding. Balloon theme is a bit too kiddy for a wedding right? So i think it's now between the candle and garden theme.

By the way, which bridal shop did u book with?

Have a great weekend
happy.gif

yvonne

hi corica

we have decided on MM liao...will be making the payment next mon. (coz me too lazy to go thru with another co-ord)
thanks anyway.
happy.gif

btw, when is ur wedding date?

corica

Hi Yvonne

No prob, all the best and i'm glad you're happy with MM. I'm sure you'll have a beautiful wedding
happy.gif

My weddings on 18 May. What abt yours? Have you booked your bridal package yet?

T

tnp

Hi Corica,

my wedding is also in May'02.
happy.gif
hope we'll be happy Pan Pac brides.

cheers

yvonne

hi corica

mine is 24/9/2002...so urs will be earlier than mine! i'll make sure i update myself in this forum n do post us the comments after ur dinner the next time okie..
i have paid $500/- during a furniture fair to Paris Bridal..havent really gone to the shop to confirm..
its not those famous shops like Ted Wu, Wedding Present..ect..but the price is ok loh..i have a posting there under Paris Bridal Package..
how abt urs?

tnp - too bad, cant join u gals in this PP brides..
but i found a lot of MM brides..

anyway, just hope tat things will turn out well for all the SB brides here in this forum!
happy.gif

corica

Hi Yvonne

No prob, i'll keep you posted once my wedding is over. Maybe can even show you some photos
happy.gif

I booked my package with White Link at Marina Sq. I haven't gone for any appt yet, but shld be soon cos they need to do my gown.

Hey, no probs, always feel free to drop by this thread. Or we can even keep up via email. Technology is so advanced these days
happy.gif

Hi tnp

Yeah, i'm sure we would
happy.gif
My colleague was just talking to me about a friend's wedding she attended last yr at Pan Pac. It sounded so magical...and hers was a candle theme. Hmm, i think i'll probably go with that theme as well.

What about you? Any ideas yet?

whiterose

Hi Corica

Corica - The ballroom downstair is called Pacific Ballroom. They're pacific ballroom 1,2 & 3. Mine is pacific ballroom 2 & 3. Ya, agreed with you that both the candle and garden theme are very nice. For me, I like the garden theme cos there is this gazebo on the stage. I can have my solmnation under the gazebo. Anyway, how many table did you book?

corica

Hi Whiterose

Yeah, now i remember....
Oh, so you'll be having your solemnization there too? I won't, cos i'll have my ceremony in church. Ya, i also like the gazebo. Very romantic...
happy.gif
I booked 55 tables. What abt u?

C

cast

Hi all,

I just came back to this forum and am surprised to see this tread growing.

Yvonne,
I hope this doesn't come too late. Actually, you should have stick to pp instead if you really like the ballrm so much. Well, let me clear all doubts you have first ok.

Firstly, $650 was for 8 course dinner but eventually I confirmed $670 for 9 course and yup she gave me 2x20l barrel beer. Frankly speaking, I doubt she will give you such a deal cos, you know what, my wedding is exactly one year before yours (which is coming soon) and I just confirmed with her recently, so can say my confirmation is an added bonus to her, so the better deal lor.

Still, you can try talking to her. Trust me she is actually very nice to talk to. I personally don't find her yaya leh in fact I find her naturally, you know the way you chat with a friend, you wouldn't sit up straight right.

In term of work, she quite pro also, gave me the same good attitude after confirmation and always manage to do follow up.

To solve your problem with her, maybe you can express to her your level of interest and becos MM is able to give you good offer thats why hubby and you are holding back. Tell her that your main concern is those wine and your budget of $680 is inclusive of wine consumption and therefore ask if she could waive or lower the charge, tell her the truth that if she can't do that then you'll really have to consider MM cos of the free flow beer, you can use the 'so call' free flow beer money to pay for the wine. Maybe after hearing all this, she can better understand your postition and who knows, you might be surprised.

Also, its better to talk to her over the phone, so that she can check with her colleagues and feedback later, and best of all, you wouldn't feel so pai seh right. I myself bargained with her so many times that she tell me "tou long lah, please dun bargain already ok, pai tuo, pai tuo." hehee.

Sorry to offend anyone if I did but I feel it wouldn't be too nice to change the co-ordinator cos they will come to know abt it eventually. exp 1, Waileng will block that date which you requested untill someone request for it and if Candy got the request, Candy will first check with Waileng if her client still need the ballroom and therefore they will somehow get to know that they are dealing with the same person. exp 2, Tell Candy straight that you spoke to Waileng and didn't like her attitude and therefore you requested for her to help you and if she accepted your offer, she shouldn't be someone nice too.

Anyway, if you have confirmed MM, I'm happy for you too. Remember though, do bargain hard before confirming anything ok.

Hi Corica & tnp,
I've confirmed the mixture of candle & garden theme and was given a choice to use either one single 12" long gold candle in the midst of the flower centrepiece or several tealights candles surrounding the flower centrepiece. Which do you think is better? Also what colour flower do you think is better?

Wow! very long-winded hor.

corica

Hi Cast

Wah...i believe the mixture of the 2 themes would be very beautiful, with the lighting effect. I prefer several tealight candles, instead of one single candle. More romantic feel, i suppose? But of course, 1 candle by itself may also look very pretty. I can't really imagine. And i think flowers choices also is very important. I like white coloured flowers or pretty pink - to represent purity and sweetness.

So when's your exact wedding date and is it a weekend or weekday?

Do keep me posted on the food, ambience etc etc after your wedding ok?

Congratulations!!!