Orchid Country Club

wendycsk

Hi Ryan & Melissa, my contract stated there at about 6.15pm.. I told OCC to let me have the room at least 15mins early.. haha.. intially they put as 6.30pm wan.. Cos it is FOC so they hardly give before 6pm de.. It will be just before the cocktail reception. =)

muthusamy

Hi ryanmel,

i wanted to hold my wedding at peach garden OCBC, but it's too small. so happy that it opens 1 in OCC. can you kindly email me the package for peach garden at OCC pls?

thanks much!

ryanmel

Hi Muthusamy,

Due to some 'last minute' changes in their menu, its better that i give you the mobile # of the one incharge of OCC peach garden wedding banquet.
You can contact her directly.
happy.gif

Do PM me.

Cheers, Melissa

ryanmel

Wendy,

Haiz... not yet signed.
Was prepared to put a deposit that day when we went down.
But as their restaurant is newly opened, alot of details not ready yet.
So now waiting for the in-charge to contact me back.

How's your preparation?

Melissa.

wendycsk

Hi Melissa,

I had signed my banquet, photographer, videographer.. Not sure what else to do.. haha.. My gown fitting in July and my sg photoshot in Sep =) I just did my photoshot in Bali too and i love the photos.

mscarpediem

Hey Wendy and Ryan & Melissa,

You've got e-mail/PM (respectively).

Thanks and have a joyful time preparing for your respective weddings!

wendycsk

Hi Carpe,

I swa your email. I think Melissa will have an updated quote as my quotation was for rental of ballroom only. =)

By The way guys, OCC is is having a wedding show! Thinking of going.. haha..

Date: 12 July 2009, Sunday
Time: 12.00pm to 6.00pm
Venue: Grand Ballroom
Social Clubhouse - Level 3
Admission: $10 nett per couple (OCC Member)
$15 nett per couple(NTUC Member)
$20 nett per couple(Guest)

Seats are limited.

For registration / enquiries, please call the S&M Department at 67502166 or email: sales&[email protected].

ryanmel

OCC wedding show??

Hmmm... you think it will be of any use to me?
cos i already signup with a BS, OCC ballroom/function room not applicable to us (cos we have 25-28 tables only).

What will be the wedding show about?

Thanks wendy, maybe we can meetup there. lol

melissa.

wendycsk

Hi melissa, i also think no help, cos wedding show got alot of things throw in or discount i think.. since we signed up.. haha.. but i am thinking to whether they will show the theme, favours etc. The wedding show got food tasting also! I will called Serene to ask.. hehe..

ryanmel

Wendy,

Just to update u, i will not be holding my banquet at Peach garden.

Went down to yishun safra's Pin Si restaurant today,
it was awesome! High celling, no pillars and with lots of perks and great menu.
Hehe, guess i will signup with them.

R u the one, whose mil wanted Pin Si catering at OCC ballroom?
Any feedbacks on their food?

Thanks, melissa.

wendycsk

Hi Ryan and Melissa, yes.. my mil wanted pin si catering at OCC Ballroom thus we just rent the ballroom only.. =) The food is good.. that why she wanted it. you know how many tables the pin si at safra can hold?

ryanmel

Hi Wendy,

Pin Si restaurant itself can hold max 25 tables,
as the restaurant is linked with safra's ballroom, it can hold 50 tables and more..

Melissa.

mscarpediem

Hey Ryan & Melissa and Wendy,

Thanks for your message on this forum. Sorry, didn't see them until I come back to the forum. :p

Wendy, np
happy.gif

Ryan & Melissa, appreciate your continued correspondence via e-mail. It was so encouraging talking with another bride who is going through the same struggles as I am.

mscarpediem

Wendy: Just checking, how is Serene as the wedding co-ordinator (WC)?

I have so far been liaising with another WC but because he's not Chinese, I wonder how much he knows about what we need? So am thinking of liaising with another WC.

mscarpediem

Sounds good, looking forward to meeting her this weekend.
happy.gif

Not yet, Orchid Country Club is actually 1 of our 3 choices, so it's really to go down to see what they're willing to offer us. We may also only signing the contract with them after their wedding fair so that we're aware of the perks they're offering then.

Have you gone for your gown trial, Wendy? When's your photoshoot?

muthusamy

hello all!

may i know when you choose OCC as the venue, will peach garden be serving the food? i heard they have in house caterer as well.

wendycsk

Hi psying,

Here are the details:
Date: 12 July 2009, Sunday
Time: 12.00pm to 6.00pm
Venue: Grand Ballroom
Social Clubhouse - Level 3
Admission: $10 nett per couple (OCC Member)
$15 nett per couple(NTUC Member)
$20 nett per couple(Guest)

Seats are limited.

For registration / enquiries, please call the S&M Department at 67502166 or email: sales&[email protected].

wendycsk

Hi muthusamy, their in house caterer is Peach Garden. I am getting external caterer Pin Si to cook as my MIL insisted to have them.

charlotte09

Hi.. Anyone knows if OCC have any other outdoor location for weddings other than the pool side venue? I remembered I saw there was a garden in an old thread.. Has it been removed after the renovation?

I'm looking for an outdoor venue for banquet.. Anyone have any photos of the pool side wedding to share? Email me at [email protected]

piggylover

hi Charlotte, has u went to their wedding show yest? i saw there are outdoor wedding which they set up at the T-garden, hope it is wat u wan ya!
happy.gif

strawberryger

Hi,

Got a banquet @ OCC to let go, paid deposit of $5K, willing to let go at a discount.

Venue: OCC Ballroom (min 35tables for wkdayz; 40tables for wkend)
Date: Open Date

Booked during wedding show on 12 Jul with Great Perks negotiated on top of the normal package.

Any1 who is interested, kindly email me at [email protected]

piggylover

hi Andrea, ur coordinator is Emily? i got to talk t her twin, very friendly n helpful lady. is our assign SC fix? anyone req for chg before?

hi strawberryger, u r letting go of ur pkg? i went to the show too.
happy.gif

strawberryger

Hi Piggylover,

Ya, wanting to let go... coz aft booking, had a hard time with family mbers as they more hope to hold it at a hotel place @ town area instead.

My auspicious date is on a wkday, so afraid tat relatives & frenz might hav probs in coming.

Wat abt urs?? U booked too @ the wedding show?? A wkend date??

psying

Hi all, i booked my banquet at OCC at their weding show too..too bad i didnt get emily.

the price for the occ banquet is much better..cheaper also..for 2010 they going increase prices..argg..

bobochacha

Hi I also signed up with OCC Grandball RM..AD this Oct..I was served by Emily at first then later pass to Karen. Karen is helpful also.

Our menu was originally from Yishun Lake..then change to Peach Garden but only 8 dishes with the same price as the 9 dishes from Yishun Lake. Then dont quite like the menu from Peach Garden but my sis said Peach Garden food is nice..end up we took back Yishun Lake menu with chef from Good WoodPark hotel..

Wedding cards are unlimited?? but the inserts u have to go to their supplier to make..we had 250 cards..then the printing + ribbons..came up $200

most impt is that the changing rm must be near to the dinning area..

piggylover

hi strawberryger, oic.. so nw u r looking at town area hotel?

my wedding fall on end Dec09 is a weekend, booked wit OCC early last yr de.

hi PSY, OCC price as compare still consider high when me n htb doing comparing. aft consideration cos i like the ballroom n he like the food n most impt most of our guest r frm north side, so location wise still okay for us.

hi chris, me too facing the same problem as u. tok to them during the wedding show last wk, they told us we can chose to remain the menu from Yishun Lake de but the chef mention will be their in-house OCC kitchen chef cooking instead. hw come u got chef from good woodpark hotel?

r u getting the extra guest room which is connected to the wedding suite room? im planning but not sure abt the chrges.

jojo81

Hi, my AD falls on Nov 09 this year at OCC too. Booked last year, wonder what`s the new rate for weekend grandball room during the wedding show

Anyone can advise

strawberryger

PiggyLover - actually was deciding betw Meritus Mandarin & OCC in the 1st place, finally choose OCC at the wedding show... but juz 1day aft paying deposit regreted coz my dad v against it... nw he dun talks to me le
sad.gif

Wendy - read previous thread... sama situation, got prob w elderly... hahaah :p

Nori - Sorry ar, me dun hav 2009 rates, only hav 2010 rates

Any1 can advise - OCC needs how long to draft the contract. Coz aft paying deposit @ wedding show, my contract not out yet. Almost a wk le. Really wish that OCC can refund my deposit.

piggylover

hi strawberryger, oic.. is real sad to knw tat. i been to afew hotels in town but ended going back to OCC. cos i can get tis huge n nice ballroom with long aisle outside other den OCC le.

psying

hey strawberry, i signed up at occ too...till now no contact..no nothing from them.did they send u the menu for 2010 ? the prices increased. this year price is so much better..

strawberry if u wan to concel better do it fast see wat they say as in refund or not..but i think normalli they dont do that in full..

piggylover

hi PSY & Strawberry, last time i wait abt 1 to 2 weeks for the contract to be mail to me by post. as for the refund according to the sales whom we had sign up with, they will not do any refund once sign up but can accept transfer if the other party date is available. do giv them a call to chk on it directly.
happy.gif

strawberryger

Hi PSY & Piggylover, tks for ur advice.

Actually have checked w my co-ordinator, as wat Piggylover said - cannot refund but can transfer...

Also, juz a word of compliment - for those who's co-ordinator is Serene, don't worry.. she's kinda a good co-ordinator coz she really did her best to assist me on my package wori thou I have given her abit of probs asking tis & tat... hahaah :p

wendycsk

Hi strawberryger, dun be upset k.. only can transfer the contract.. No refunds. The contract for me takes ard one week for OCC to draft out.

Hi jojo81, the rates is higher in 2010 for most hotels including OCC..

Hi piggylover, I will be getting guestrooms for my overseas guests as well.. I had reserved around 2 suite rooms.. i think.. =)

bobochacha

Hi Piggylover..they told me the dishes will be cooked by their OCC Banquet Kitchen Team (Chinese Master Chef is from Ming Jiang -Goodwood Park Hotel)

christinatyt

Hi Chris, I am in the same situation as you and my Coordinator also Karen. So I can choose to remain with the Yishun Lake menu we were originally offered right? cause I dont quite like the Peach garden menu too.

bobochacha

Hi Christina..as customers, we have the right to change if we dont like their requests..it's not like for bday or what..it's for wedding..demand will be more..when they told us they change to Peach Garden and when i saw the menu it's look ok to us..when i discussed with my family..they said it's only 8 dishes compared to Yishun Lake 9 dishes and is the same price also..and also Peach garden is using Seabass instead of Yishun Lake Groupa..seabass is a cheap fish..hehe..although Peach Garden food is nice..but for wedding it's totally diff thing..

my Emcee told me OCC grandball rm sound system not tat gd..so must arrange AD earlier to test all the sound systems etc etc..

piggylover

hi chris, thanks alot for ur info! wow.. sound gd!! hehe..

yup yup!! me too agreed! i prefer the actual menu as the total course diff. htb is unhappy cos peach garden menu fish is using those cheaper fish not sea fish.

bobochacha

hehe..ya..actually Peach Garden food is nice..dont mind they change..but at least hv also 9 dishes and exactly the same menu as Yishun Lake..if not 8 dishes but got abalone in it etc..but the difference is way too much..tat's why we rejected them..gotta let them know..u know old folks will complain the most..food not nice etc etc..

bobochacha

am i the next one to hold at OCC?? got any earlier on dates then me?? mine is at oct..if not i will update u gals what are the things to take note..hw is OCC like on the AD etc etc when i'm done with mine..hehe..but the selection of theme at the ballrm not tat much..we took the starry nite theme..then Karen said when the 1st dish out..the waiter or wat will perform fire stance or wat..my Emcee also advise 1st march in no need to take the budgy car..coz 1st march in has to be slow..let the guests admire the bride n groom..maybe 2nd march in then sit their budgy car in..