Orchard Parade Hotel-Club Chinos

louie

Hi all....

I'm new to this thread
happy.gif
Can anyone update me the latest price for OPH? And what the difference holding the banquet at CC or the ballroom? Which is better? :p

thanks
happy.gif

belle

Hi Sweetiee

Thanks for all your info. ;> tink i will ask my hubby to trim his guest list further. Ai...i thou the projector can be borrowed leh. Tot every hotel will have. So far, I 've been to a few hotels for seminars and d&d, they all provide..Hope can negotiate with "passive" Eric. haha...i find the gals in here all very cute. :p

sweetiee

Hi Belle,

No prob at all...
happy.gif
Oh btw I think it won't be possible to get the projector from OPH at all. You know how we liaise the banquet thingy thru' CC? CC is just a tenant at OPH in the sense. So to get the projector, think you got to pay the rental at $500 or sth... Do ask around your friends and see whether there's any possibility of borrowing one. All the best!
happy.gif

Hi OPH Bride,

Ha, it's funny how you describe abt Eric's expression-less face. Now I can imagine...;p

Erm, sorry, maybe I made a mistake then abt the price of the beer...

Hi Louie,

There are 3 packages and the price should be $600, $680 and $750 per table for weekend. Minimum of 25 tables. For weekday, I'm not exactly sure. Should be ranging from $540 onwards. Hope this helps.
happy.gif

B

blue_ocean

Hi ALL,

If u r a member of theWeddingFair.com, u can have $888 discount for at least $10K spent in Tung Lok Group restaurants.

But must meet the following conditions:
- Valid for bookings made before 31st Dec 2002 (for banquets on or before 31st March 2003)
- Applies for menus of at least $468/table.
- Applies to Wedding Banquets of 20 tables or more.

You can view the details at www.theweddingfair.com, click on Promotion.
Membership at theweddingfair.com is free.

Alternatively, the voucher can be found in this month's Her World Brides issue (inside the CD cover).

meimei

Hi blue ocean,

I made my booking last year before the promotion so I was wondering if we can still use this $888 discount when we pay for the rest of the dinner costs. I am able to meet the above conditions.

Thanks.

sweetiee

Hi Meimei,

I dun think so you can do that. I also got a $500 voucher after booking with them but the promo only started after I signed up. Perhaps you can check with Eric. But you know how he's like...
lame.gif

snowcat

Ya lor that Eric damn kuam siap. Very hard to negotiate with him.

Belle, do let me know if u manage to source for a reasonable projector.

tomato

Hi ,

I booked with CC in Mar this yr & found out about the $888 cash rebate for theweddingfair.com members after that. I also wasn't aware of the 15% discount at the wedding fair held in Suntec.

Thus, I emailed Eric to check. The response not too good saying that the offer is only for sister restarants &amp; not CC. In addition, he said that since he had given free flow of beer to us, we are not entitled to the cash rebate. He added that he was very sure that he has explained that the 15% is not applicable for CC when we placed the deposit with him (but this is not true). Lastly, mentioned that its not CC intention to deceive customers or that the promotion is a gimmick. :<

sigh....... a defensive guy on top of a passive guy.... hic!

owl

Hello brides,

Can I check whether you gals gotten the free 1 nt stay in the junior or delux suite ? We are given the junior suite but is worried that it will be too small if friends are to come early &amp; visit us at the hotel room.

Anyway, we tried to bargain with Eric but he said can only upgrade us if we pay extra??

O

oph bride

hi ladies,

I also feel that Eric is quite a difficult person to talk too. I asked him to bring me to see the hotel room. He brushed it off by saying he has another appt. What an attitude!

Anyway, since CC is only a tenant of OPH. I guess he has no say in upgrading the room for us or xtra nite for us. So we have to pay OPH if you are asking for an upgrade.

joanne

hi gals
u can upgrade ur room to a deluxe if u pay about 150 dollars extra.
i have asked him about this b4 cos my friend upgraded as well.. in fact to me .. that room is also not that nice... it is just big... but not so well furnished....small tv...at the living , 2 toilets, very spacious,,, but yet...i just dun like it...

regd
joanne

belle

Hi Snowcat,

When's your wedding? Me will start sourcing 4 the projector prob nxt yr cos my wedding is sep03.

C

cat13

Hi Sweetie,

How r u? Hv not chat with u for a long time. Been busy with my preparation. Juz like to check with u d OPH hv the projector screen? When d u confirm with Eric the no of tables - b4 or after the fd tasting? Thanks a lot for the help in advance.
happy.gif

sweetiee

Hi cat13,

I'm fine... thanks for asking.
happy.gif
Yes, they had the projector screen for us... I confirmed the tables with him after the food tasting... in fact we only went for the food tasting one week before the wedding.;p

No problem... you can email me anytime too. All the best in our wedding prep... soon you'll be busy with the RSVP thingy. Take care and continue be well rested!
happy.gif

taurus

Hi all,

Any idea if there is a promotion or discount going on for wedding banquets at Orchard Parade Hotel in end 2002 and 2003? Thanks a lot!

dol_phin

Hi all,

I'm new here, having stumbled onto this website just a few days ago.

Wondering how the service is like at OP? I did call one of the contacts given to me, however she didn't sound very nice and accomodating on the phone.

The pulling factor for me is the food and ballroom. Heard that both are very very good and beautiful respectively.

So the only thing is the service. Can anyone help out in this?

Thank you so very much!

happy.gif

sweetiee

Hi Dol_phin,

Actually I must say the servicing person - Eric, I dealt with was really quite lukewarm and expressionless.
lame.gif

But on our actual day, most of our friends commented that their (the waiters/waitresses) service is good... and I must say that the banquet IC - Jospeh, was very helpful too.
happy.gif

If you can make do with less proactive service from the co-ordinator, OPH is really a good choice. Good food at value for money and of course, cosy ambience too. Just note that try not to pack the ballroom with 27 tables and above... It will be quite cramped. I had 26 tables.
happy.gif

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

dol_phin

Thanks Sweetiee!

I will try to view their ballroom within these two weeks. The person I called actually said they have a wedding on and that she will email me the dates. But I have not received the email yet, so am wondering if I can just walk to the ballroom and take a look?

But thanks for the reassurance. Am looking too at other hotels before making up my mind.
happy.gif

hwee

Hi Dol_phin,

I juz had my wedding dinner at OPH 3 weeks back. Overall we are quite pleased with the service, but u can't expect to have good service from all the waiters/waitress as most of them look like part-timers. So it still depends on your luck.

As for the Banquet Mge, Eric. We find him quite okie. He sound friendly over the phone. But in person, he may look a bit expressionless.

They juz have a new florist too and the new deco is really a lot nicer than the old one. DO check them out!

dol_phin

Thanks Hwee!

I don't think I'm dealing with Eric though... hmmm. At least that wasn't the contact that I was given.

I'm planning for June 2003, so I hope it isn't like, too late! Reading many replies from this forum that many pple have already booked for next year. Getting a bit kan chiong.

meimei

Hi Hwee,

Could you elaborate more on the new deco in OPH ? My wedding is in Nov this year. Who is their new florist ? What kind of flowers for the stands and stage deco are they using ? How abt the VIP tables ? The last time I heard from Eric was that they are using Wes Justin as their florist.

mint

Hi Hwee,

To add on to Meimei's questions, can I ask how you liased with the florist? Do we need to tell them what type of flowers we want or will they just do it for us?

hwee

Hi Meimei,

The floral stand has been changed from a straight vertical stem to a "S" shape stem. Along the stem are 4 candle holders where they placed tealights. No more "cheena" ribbons on the floral stands. The stage deco is still more or less the same as the old one. I was really pleased with the new deco.

Wee Justin is no longer their florist. I can't really remember the new florist name, but it located at Demsey Rd.

Mint,

I think the florist is contracted at a certain price. I think as long as u keep within this price, the florist will not charge u extra for changes of flowers. U can get the florist contact from Eric but I strongly encourage u to take a look at the new floral deco cos it's really a lot nicer than the old one. I'm quite a fussy person and in fact I'm very pleased with it.

Calla,

The sound system is normal. But that night, one of the mike is a bit soft. So the event mgr actually told us to use another one.

meimei

Hi Hwee,

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they have also changed the flower deco on the VIP tables and if they still have any sash tied around the VIP chairs ? What type of flowers did you select for your flower stands ? I remembered that they used to use lilies with other flowers on the stands.

Did any of you go for food tasting ? Is it chargable ?

hwee

Hi Meimei,

I think the floral arrangement on teh VIP tables are changed too. Now, it seat on a tall floral stand instead of on a pot. I chose the white floral theme. I think they use white lilies and white daisy.

My food tasting is chargable at 50% of the table cost. I did nto go for it cos I think the std will differ when they cook for 1 table compared to 25 tables. I juz get some feedback from a friend who attended a dinner ther previously and make the changes. I only changed the cold dish and the fish.

kittycat

Hi Meimei,

I'm having my wedding dinner at CC next Saturday. My food tasting was for 10 persons and it was complimentary. It was quite good but I guess the standard will differ on the actual day.

I'm gng for the white floral theme too - can't really remember what kind of flowers - but it is on a stand with many tealights curving down the stand. Quite pretty.

meimei

Hi Hwee, Kittycat,

The new deco does sounds really nice. I will probably drop by to see their wedding deco during the weekend. I called Eric and he said that they have switched to the florist Green Acres at Dempsey Road. What other colour theme do they have ? I remembered they used to have the red, gold and white theme. Is the VIP table cloth following the theme ? ie. White table cloth for white theme ?

Kittycat,
Do give us your comments on the new deco after your wedding.

My food tasting is also 50% chargeable. So far, I heard a lot of good comments on their food so I may just skip the food tasting.

Hwee,
What cold dish did you change to ?

hwee

Hi Meimei,

I choose the white floral theme and gold backdrop. The table cloth for non VIP table was green and white while for VIP, it was red. Tot Eric would have changed it to gold since I got the gold backdrop, but he didn't. So if u want to change the table cloth to gold, better remind him about it.

For floral theme, they only offer red theme or white theme.

I changed the fish to Steam Sea Bass with preserve radish. For the cold dish, I changed the pork shank and chicken to salad prawns and mini optopus.

meimei

Hi Hwee,

Thanks for the reminder about the table cloth. I prefer the gold table cloth for the VIP tables too.

snowcat

Hi Dol_Phin,
I think if you want to book OPH for June 2003, you better do it fast, coz' someone who booked same time as me, I heard from Eric that they book in June 2003, Sat. Now I'm thinking if I should shift OPH to their new restaurant Imperium. Looks nice from the picture, but I don't really like the idea of a mere discotheque converted to restaurant.

orchid

Club Chinois is really nice... but i didn't book it cos no one in my family could pronounce it properly! hahaha...

dol_phin

Hi snowcat,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm having mine on a weekday, so I hope that it's not too late. I feel rushed as it is already!

Actually went down to take a look at OPH, but the thing now is, I may be having 30 tables. And then the Antica ballroom may be quite squeezed and view may be blocked by the pillars.

What do you think?

piyo

Hi gals,

Did you gals booked through CC itself or through OPH? Is yr $600 per table the nett price?
What can i ask for more? Anybody have their package to share with me?
Pls email me at [email protected]

sweetiee

hi piyo,

We booked thru' CC, not OPH. CC will liaise with OPH to get the use of the hotel ballroom. Other than the $600 menu, there's also $680 and $750 menu should I remember correctly. But we took the $600 menu and thot we enjoyed the food a lot. Good enuf for us!
happy.gif
Oh the price quoted is not the nett price... need to pay additional taxes.

I guess you can check out from CC direct to get the latest package details. Can go to tunglok.com to find out more.
happy.gif

dewdrops

Hi all,

i have just book my banquet at OPH in 2003...tung lok was having some kind of promo @ Suntec. besides free flow of beer that was offered...we really didn't know what else to bargain for...did any of you manage to get the cockage for red/white wine waive? it's at $15 per bottle now...any comments reg the deluxe suite?

anyway just to update...the $600++ menu is still around and according to them...they will maintain it for the next year
happy.gif

piyo

Hi Dewdrops,

I went down to Suntec on Sat to take a look too.
Was recommended to choose Arena Country Club.
Is yr package $600 nett during the promo?
When's yr wedding date?
I wanted to book CC also. But did not do so.
Can i know how much per table did they offered you during the Suntec fair? Thanks

dewdrops

Hi piyo,

no $600 is not nett, subject to 1% cess and 5% GST next year

we haven't fixed the date yet, prob the last quarter of next year

kittycat

Hi Dewdrops,

I juz had my wedding at CC. The deluxe suite that they gave us was surprisingly big and quite nice. It's got a huge balcony too. I think you shld be getting the same one too.

happy.gif

O

oph bride

hi Dewdrops,

just kpo, which flr is the deluxe rm located. Is the deluxe rm comprise of a living rm and bedrm?

joanne

hi kitty cat
u mean the deluxe room have a balcony??? did u upgrade it ??? cos i went to one that my friend had, it dun have a balcony although have 2 toilets.

regd
joanne

dewdrops

Dear OPH bride,

I also dunno which flr and hw the deluxe rm look like...haven't seen
sad.gif
dunno if can ask Eric to show us the room or not?

kittycat

Hi Joanne,

I din do any upgrading. But I booked the room one day before the wedding (which we paid for) to dump all our stuff and that was the same room for our wedding nite. Perhaps they've 2 different types of rooms.

jopej

Hi Hwee,

I read that you jus had your wedding dinner at OPH. So did you arranged for any projector show? did u have any speech prepared for urself? did u engage an emcee?

pls give me some info on these, i had book mine in OPH as well.
thanx...