Noble House

wenn

flowee,
with regards to using credit card for payment, just call the credit card company on what is to be done for increase of credit limit for wedding purposes... citibank said to write in w copy of wedding banquet contract..

hope above helps
happy.gif

pinkie

i hope they change the dummy cake also, coz it really like quite ugly.. i'm considering a real wedding cake but dunno if it'll be very messy to give out after that..

if pay by credit card then got to bring back all the ang bao money, quite troublesome also, rite.. but of course on the other hand, sit there and count the ang baos to pay them after the dinner also sounds jia lat..

gwen,
when the exact date of ur big day?
happy.gif

flowee

wenn

tks 4 ur advise...
din koe tat can use citibank credit 2 do the outstdin payment...
onli koe tat with uob credit card u can pay the balance by installment...

piggy

Flowee,

"fbo"=??...

can use UOB credit card to pay balance by installments meh???...got interest??

me oso worrying abt having to count ang baos after dinner le..since we can hv karaoke that nite, can enjoy a bit w close frens first...hehe...i heard abt frens accounting for the ang baos (ie. write in a book, record all amounts and names)...dun tink can do like that within one or two hours.....

wenn

piggy,

FBO = female brides online ... there's another forum there
happy.gif

i think the UOB one is interest-free installment

err,, not all angbaos got names written on it,, can't record mah.... for me, would let my dad's frens use the karaoke rooms,,, my frens might not wanna use them
biggrin.gif

piggy

it's ok, Flowee...

is it??!!...ok, will go check it out!!...since we hv the card, might as well, use it...kekeke....

E

ex noble hse bride

Hi all,

Regarding the awful pink wedding cake... you could actually rent a fake wedding cake to replace it... I rented mine for abt $100...it looked very real and delicious cos it was covered with real icing... decorated with real roses too...

wenn

hi ex nh bride,,,

the cake looks rather nice.. care to share where u rent it??

oso, did u do up the backdrop or is urs provided by nh??
thanks!
happy.gif

E

ex noble hse bride

I rented the cake from Cake Avenue. Can't remember the tel. no. The decor was done up by my friends. My frens were my MCs. I thought it will be more personal to use my own frens.

wenn

Calling Gwen,,,
happy.gif

Are u using ur own MC or NH's?? heard that their MC isn't very good.... his english pronunciation isn't clear...

If possible, try to get the MC script from NH few days before ur dinner,,, so that ur MC can get prepared .... or else last min, they will ask u to change to their MC....

happy.gif

A

aquarian

Cake Avenue Pte Ltd
426 Upper Bukit Timah Road
The Rail Mall
Singapore 678053
Tel : (65) 6877-9008
Fax : (65) 6877-0308

Office Hours

Monday - Friday : 9 am - 6 pm
Saturday : 9 am - 2pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

For sales/enquires - [email protected]

gwen

hi pinkie,

My wedding day is on 2 Mar.

hi flowee,

Thanks for letting us know that UOB offers interest-free installment payment. That's wonderful news!!

hi wenn,

There's a MC script from NH???? *scratch head*
I didn't know about that.
I'll be getting a friend to be MC. Couldn't trust any restaurant's MC. Have seen one before and it was a bad experience. Super cheena.

hi gals,

Now my next dilemma is the name to put inside the wedding card. Hope to find the best solution soon!

wenn

hi gwen,

heard from a recent noble house bride over at female brides forum that there is a sample script for mc... maybe u can check it out w them??

flowee

ladies

gwen

no prob i found out when i signed up durin their bridal show...
its best u double check with them again if u intend 2 pay by installment...

wenn

i checked with my colleague who juz got married in sept 02 @ noble hse...
he also feedback he dun hv trouble with usin his own mc...
i asked him 4 the script he said no script coz its all done when the lady mc is on stage...
the mc is a lady frenz of his mrs...
i asked abt the person in charge durin his time...
the manager is eric tan...
mayb the NH bride's co ordinator aint eric...

ex bride

tks 4 sharin with ur cake n deco...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

mi hvin thots of gettin a real weddin cake instead of a dummy 1...

Aquarian

tks 4 the cake rental contact!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

wenn

flowee,,
i think hippo or some other gal mentioned that the new coordinator is joyce... dunno who else are acting as coordinator...

aiyah,,, even though eric went over to imperium,,, he's too busy to tok one,,,, kept telling us to tok to the banquet manager instead
sad.gif

flowee

wenn

mine is veronica...
nt sure if she will b runnin the show durin our weddin or nt...
anyway will check again when my date is nearer...
no pt gettin worried over the mc thing @ this pt of time... :p

E

ex nh bride

Dear all,

You could use yr own MCs...just tell NH abt two wks b4 yr big day...ask them to fax the script to you...on the actual day, talk to yr coordinator to mk sure that both parties are working along the same line...they are actually veri accommodating...

My actual prog is like this...

1st march in, cut cake
After 2nd dish, go to change gown
3rd dish, slide show, 2nd march in, yum seng
After 5th dish, photo taking, mingle with guests

wenn

hi ex nh bride,
thanks for the info... u r a great help [muak]
happy.gif

hi flowee,
i guess u r rite,, no point worrying so early
happy.gif

flowee

ex nh bride

u had reali been a great help 4 us...
will take note of the above info...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

wenn

lets get our engine goin 4 tonin up n also our WG n EG design...

E

ex nh bride

Dear brides-to-be,

Don't mention it...glad to be of some help...yeap...don't worry too much...be a happy and pretty bride on yr big day...

pinkie

allo, flowee

i thought of getting a real cake also... coz fh and i tink it's really funny to cut a dummy cake..
we share share the contacts and price to get the real cake, okie..
happy.gif
actually i thought of not telling the cake shop that we are getting a wedding cake, just say want a 3 tier cake.. coz everything with the word wedding will inflate the price..

are u'all serving alcohol for your dinner in NB? I'm thinking of not serving alcohol coz we are Christians.. also dun want people to get drunk that kind of stuff..

flowee

hihi pinkie

u also game 4 a real cake???
i m weighin the pros n cons over the real cake...
after we cut the cake, no 1 else will b eatin it so wat shd we do with so muz of cake???
2 tier will b a better choice ( though i m a cake lover )...

will b servin alcohol durin the dinner coz accordin 2 my parents n in laws, this item cant b missin out from the dinner...

wenn

hi pinkie & flowee,

i won't be getting a real cake. instead, will be getting more wine to serve my guests
happy.gif

flowee

wenn

u r servin both beer n wine izit???
mi thinkin changin the bottles of wine 2 beer n top up the balance lor...

wenn

flowee,

me only using 1 barrel of beer. only my dad side, they drink beer & stout,, most probably bring a couple bottles of brandy & whisky,, was thinking of getting 2 to 3 boxes of red wine for my mum's side, frens & colleagues,, now my dad's frens & my colleagues drink mostly wine at weddings,, will be asking my colleague to help me get wine & compare other prices too
happy.gif

pinkie

my FIL's bz frds are all BIG drinkers.. and my colleagues are 'professional' drinkers as well, that's why we were thinking of not serving alcohol. In my opinon, drinking a little to celebrate the joy is great, but if some of them drink so much to the extend there's a possibility of people getting drunk, then it'll be really bad and also defies a Christian wedding celebration..

wenn

pinkie,
u checked w ur FIL yet about not serving alcohol??

if not then just open 1 30L barrel of beer ??

flowee

wenn

oredi stock up some bottles of hard liquer durin my trips...
nt sure if we can brin in duty free liquer...
hv 2 check with them again...

think yi get some bottles of wine under consignment...
mayb u can check with her...

pinkie

mi also aint keen 2 c ppl gettin drunk on our weddin date...
though its our big daz, its best 2 check with ur in laws n parents on ur decision of nt servin liquer...

pinkie

i think my in-laws shld be ok with it.. mum-in-law will confirm support the idea as she's Christian oso, so just need to get her to convince father-in-law.. as for my parents, i don't think they'll have much to comment also..

pipi

hi gals,
Glad i found tis tread.
We r getting NH for our big day too!!
Pinkie,
I think it's not advisable to get real cake for your dinner coz most of your guests will be filled with e food n i thk e cake will be left aside end of the day. Think twice..
Our deposit is $2060 coz we are holding our wedding jan 2004.
14746.gif

flowee

pinkie

since ur weddin date is still mths away, dun worri 2 muz abt the liquer issue...
will solve things 1 @ a time...
dun worri 2 muz b a happi bride 2 b ok...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

pipi

welcome 2 the threat...
congrates 4 ur forth comin weddin...
settled ur bridal???

wenn

hi pipi
happy.gif

welcome to the thread.. we paid $2060 for our deposit too.. so,, are the jan 04 dates filled up yet??

pinkie

hi, pipi

welcome welcome...

how come they ask you to pay $2060 for deposit, so much? for mine we paid $1030 for deposit when we booked, but later we went back to change date so they said must pay another $1030 extra for deposit..

pipi

hi flowee, wenn n pinkie,
Thanks for the warm welcom!!
Soli for not been able 2 respond these few days so tied up..
Actually, we are making decision over Imperium, seafood gallery n Nobel House..
16035.gif
,so me n my hubby went 2 e Tunglok Wedding Fair tis afternoon n finally settled our banquet's thingy.
We were asked 2 pay $2060 coz they said it's a new policy n also e stupid 4% GST loh..But end up paid $2080 instead..dunno y coz my hubby do e toking..
16036.gif
hee..
E lady who served us was veron. She's a nice lady
16037.gif
!!

wenn

hi pipi!

I oso paid $2060 when we signed up in Oct 02. But it doesn't matter, just $1060 less to pay up on banquet nite
happy.gif

So u confirmed which date with Noble House??

flowee

pipi

i booked my dinner with NH durin their 02 bridal show @ imperium...
paid a deposit of $1030 ( their policy then think nw had changed )...
btw wats the perks 4 sigin up durin their bridal show on 19th???
care 2 share with us???
n which tunglok rest u had chosen over the 3 u had mentioned n ur weddin is in 03/04???

had imperium in mind 2 but its a bit costli 4 a rest...
the lady tat we liase with is veron 2...
nice lady hor...
happy.gif

gwen

Hi pipi,

Welcome!! =>

Hi flowee,

Think we can bring duty-free liquor. That's from i understand from the conversations with them. I've just collected the invitation cards. My co-ordinator, Amy has been very nice. Good service provided.

pinkie

hi, gwen.. ur wedding drawing near huh.. excited or not?
happy.gif
have u given out ur invitation cards? how long do NB tkae to print out the invitation cards and which design did u chose? i think the one with the sea shell seems to be the nicest tha last time i saw when i went thru the cards thay have. dunno if they got new designs nw or not..

their invitatin cards provided is inclusive of printing, meaning to say we dun have to go oytside and print to pay extra, rite?

wenn

Hi Gwen,

Really ah? Can use duty free liquor? So far, I've only talked to Joyce. So not sure who will be my coordinator...

Hi Pinkie,

Noble House will provide printing for the inserts. If u wanna print ur names on the cover, have to pay $30 for the printing plate & each card have to pay 30 or 50 cents,,, can't remember liao.

gwen

Hi Pinkie,

I chose the card with leaves at a background, cream colour. Dun think they have the shells design. It seems that they change the design from time to time.

As Wenn says, the printing of inserts is included. But you'll have to pay for additional cards should you want more afterward. What I did is to blow up the number of tables i intend to have. Eg. I plan to have 28 tables but I tell them 30. Then they'll add another 2 tables' worth of cards (for backup), which comes up to a total of 70% of 32 tables.

Definitely excited about the wedding as there're lots to do. Have to settle the catering also. =>

Hi Wenn,

Quite positive that duty-free liquor is allowed. Joyce should be your co-ordinator. Coz we spoke to Amy the first time and subsequently, she's the one who liaised with us for the invitation card and stuff.

pinkie

hi, gwen

can you blow up the no of tables when in actual fact you don't take so many tables eventually? won't they charge you for the 'back up' tables? what's their policy on this?

sorry to ask so many qn.. i very blur lah..

flowee

gwen

hows ur preparations 4 ur forth comin weddin???
mar is nt 2 far from nw liao...
muz b excited n also buz with ur preparations...
remember 2 share share ur studio pixs n also ur actual daz pixs after ur weddin hor...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

gwen

hi pinkie,

Hee, that's what i did, actually. I blew up the number of tables we intended to get. Eg. if we plan to have 30 tables, tell them we expect 32. Then they give 2 tables' worth for extras. In the end get 34 tables' worth of cards!

They only need the table count 2 weeks in advance. Any time before that, they will not charge for number changed.

Hi flowee,

Only slightly more than 1 month before the wedding. Very stressed!! Somehow feel that I'm not ready for it. =P And most of the time, effort is still concentrated on the house. How about you? Still a few months more. Spending more time to prepare for the wedding?

Will be getting the pics in Feb. No worries, I'll remember to let you look at the pics. =>

flowee

gwen

aiyoh dun b 2 stressed up...
else u wont look pretiti pretti liao...
hv more rest n think positiveli...

as 4 myself, nothin muz 2 concentrate on as my gowns r oredi settled liao since dec 02...
will b hvin my 1st fittin in earli mar...
currentli pretti relaxed with my preparations...

paiseh 2 keep remindin u on ur nice nice weddin foto...
cant help it!!!

bonbon

hi ladies,

Wow, this thread has been most informative so far.

My FH and I are also seriously considering NH for our wedding as well. Have fixed an appt with Veron this Fri to discuss the packages available. So far, I know have to pay $2080 for deposit, can bring duty-free liquor, the backdrop has improved, etc.
happy.gif

I'm very bad at negotiation and bargaining... anyone has any tips for me?

blush.gif

wenn

Hi bonbon,

the new deposit figure is 2060. maybe u can negotiate for more free wine or 1 free barrel of beer?