Noble House

happylilone

Sze sze: phew... I called Darren and he said only 2012 onwards refunded.. Any new plans for u? Cos it's so tedious to really find a new place that u really like right?

pickyguy

Hi I called Darren too, yes, they are not taking weddings for 2012. So those booked in 2011 are not affected. So don't worry..... I am not sure how many couples are affected in 2012, but don't have to be upset. You still have lots of time to source for other venue. Rationally, you can't blame them too, I am sure they don't want this to happen, it is not beyond their control.

happylilone

Avatar: Yup.. In a way cannot blame them.. That's true cos it's UIC that wans to redevelope the building.. However, I was discussing this issue with my bf the prospect if we were to be affected..

Having gone thru the troubles to travel everywhere, just to find a place that both of us like was tiresome.. And the fact that we have told our frens is noble house for us.. In fact all our frens were excited abt it!

On top of it.. From then to now, prices for banquets may alr have gone up.. So that's extra cost for something that was not the top of our choice..

I could imagine couples being angry.. If we were affected, we would too! My bf esp since time was wasted and me stressed up all over again just to find another venue..

I was relieved this morning.. On the other hand, I put myself in the shoes of Sze sze.. And wad I would have done of it really happen to me..

Sze sze: me and bf discussed puttin forward the date if it happen to us.. Maybe if there's no constraint on your side, u can consider that?

annisan

Hello All...

Any updates? This Thread needs to be active...

Oh no my wedding is getting nearer and nearer... another 4mths left...Goodness"

shuyen

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some shots from a wedding held at Noble House.
http://is.gd/gnBCw

I really like the interior of the restaurant and the bubble machine. The old arches over the multi-storey car park outside provides really nice lines for framing.

Hope the pictures gives an inspiration for the type of pictures you want taken at Noble House.

crazyshopper08

>Shuyen - Thank you for the pictures, I have always wanted to see how my wedding would be.

so I want to ask if anyone is buying their own favors ? and any interesting things to do at the reception ?

happylilone

Shuyen: nice pics! Hahaha.. Im excited already! But I guess I'll add on to the existing deco..

Crazyshopper: im getting my own favours.. In fact I'm doing my own invites too..

annisan

Hello All...

crazyshopper08> i will just stick to their wedding favor...
happy.gif
i will just buy balloom to add on at the reception...
happy.gif

ShuYen> Thanks for the pictures...
happy.gif

shuyen

Hi wingsxofxlove,

I'm not too sure which theme was set up at Noble House for the wedding. Sorry about that.

What were the themes available?

wings_of_love

Hi all,

if you want something more special, can top up $1 per pax for the personalized stamps.
happy.gif

shuyen: i think they have 2 themes.. 1 lilac which is purplish and other red which is more oriental.. Darren told me that the purple theme is features on one of the wedding mag..

momomummy

Hi all BTBs,

We just signed up for the banquet at Noble House during the event last wkend.
happy.gif

Crazyshopper: the stamps can be posted out locally and it's the kind of normal 26c x 2pcs excluding 1 pc which will have our choice of own photo printed on it, and If I'm not wrong the one with the pic can't be posted out.

winnie83

hi all..
i am a noble house bride who held my wedding dinner last month.
some negative feedback to share with all here.
1. projector resolution very bad. very blur. my montage resolution is super good but appears damn blur when projected...i m super disappointed.
2. screen too small.
3. if you are using the whole area, be mindful emcees cannot be heard for those seated at the sides. nothing being heard!!! my colleagues say might be structure of the place.
4. sound system poor. cannot alter the bass.
5. waitress/waiter needs to be reminded by guests to change plates...they are not active in changing plates.
6. Female toilets flush system super lousy. pressure not strong.one flush doesnt clean away the waste. for our wedding, i think 2 female toilets breakdown and long quene for my female guests to utilise the remaining toilets. very bad!

7. Our table number was also re-arranged wrongly. luckily the bros checked and we had it rectified b4 dinner started.

though there are many bad points...i must say guests all feedback food was good and portion big. even the light dim sum at the reception was yummy....All of us would wan a perfect wedding where everything goes well so for you girls who have not held your wedding, please bear those negative points in mind and wish all of u the best.

annisan

Hi Winnie83> thanks you for feedback...

Crazyshopper08> oh yours is next mth, do give us ur feedback too and see if they did make any improvement on the above mentioned negative points.
happy.gif

pickyguy

My wedding is going to be in december. My package is subject to GST and no service charge impose on me. So I won't quibble about super service since I did not have the intention to pay for it. As long as reasonable service in my opinion , good food and ambience are provided, what the hack!!!! I am going to rent a separate screen and projector to be placed elsewhere as I know the screen is too small. As for sound system, I just have to bear with it. I have attended a wedding recently last week, I thought it was pretty ok.
If I expect super service from Noble House, perhaps I may consider paying a 10% service charge, then if not delivered, there is something to brag about.

annisan

Oh yah, btw my Wedding will be on Feb 2011. Food tasting is normally 3mths before our Wedding right? as most of the time i have to ask and check then Darren will then reply back to me... till now Darren din call or email me regards to my food tasting date lo... zZz

happylilone

Wint: thanks for your feedback.. Really help loads..

Would u be able to guesstimate the size of the screen? So that if we were to rent a screen.. At least it's substantially bigger.. Thanks!!

pickyguy

Hi all. I got the contacts for audio as follow: Source-One/67453466 and Impact/63830025
Impact have done it at Noble House before. They have recommended that I take a 8ft by 8ft screen for both sides and rent two projectors projecting it simultaneously. Food tasting I thought we have to call them??? I will do it 10 days before my wedding so that I would really know the consistency of food. Trying to avoid the festive dates...
happy.gif
I am sure they would not accommodate me too
happy.gif

happylilone

Avatar: thanks! 8 ft seems reasonable.. But I think I hv to stick to 1 projector.. Cos we are using the proj my bf's buying for his office.. So just need screen bah.. Any idea if 1 8ft is enough?

wings_of_love

Crazyshopper08: Go
od! I was ald prepared to go n rent..

Annisan: if you ask VG to do your montage, shouldn't they give it to you in dvd? Coz mine is..

annisan

wingsxofxlove> oh, i din know that... im very blur de... oops... Thanks for informing me...
happy.gif
once my VG done with the montage i will go and test it out at Noble House. Yup im getting my VG to do the montage for me...
happy.gif

crazyshopper08

Umm sound wise, if you taking about the projector volume, some areas cannot hear too clearly as there are pillars other then that is was fine..
Mike wise I have to tell you after my wedding.. haha

crazyshopper08

Everything went well during my wedding, places that cannot see the montaage are as expected the sides and sound wise a but soft at the side but the rest of the areas it was good.. but this was expected due to the layout. The wedding went really successfully due to the staff of noblehouse. was really lucky to have them to assist throughout the event.

macam

Hi
Wanna ask,
For Malay Guests, is by table or per person serving? Which means can sit them anywhere?

If i have estimate 30 tables do you ladies reckon that we need extra projector?

happylilone

Chc: if i dun recall wrongly, Malay guest is by serving.. Means if u hv 9 Chinese guests and 1 Malay on a table.. U have to pay for a usual Chinese table for 10 and extra amt for that single serving...

Not sure abt the projector part though.. I reckon I need to know that too... The last we estimate, the number of tables stands at 40.. Anybody knows if we need extra??

wings_of_love

CHC & happylilone: I did check with Darren regarding this. He says the main portion can sit up to max 32 tables. So if your number of tables fall below 32, there is no need for additional screen coz everyone can see. Maybe except for the 2 to 3 tables right in front.

I did consider placing 1 more proj & screen at the back but seriously they do not have space for the screen to be placed.

I also ask my friend to go down and recce should i need to place a proj on the left where the additional guest will spill to. He says proj screen might be too big coz of space contraint again and he suggested lcd tv.

But it would cost like thousand plus to link up all this screens and sound system. And they have problem linking up with the sound system at noble house.

This is for your reference only.
happy.gif

annisan

Dear All>

My Wedding just over on 26/02/2011 @ Noble House.
Everything went well and smoothly, Their stuff is very experienced and Lee Hua the overall in charge on that night is very nice and really take good care of us through out the night. tumbs up to their team work and service. :D

I've a total of 35 tables and open up the left section. Main Hall uses NH's projector screen while the left section i've contacted impact supplier (Darren Intro us) to set up a projector screen so that the left section guest can see the montage and morning highlight as well... Price is resonable, i've rent a projector and screen for left section at an extra charge of $250.
happy.gif

Food Wise some feedbak is nice and some feedback stardard drop... we cant satisfy everyone but overall feedback is still good so not to worry much.

The only negative point is that the sound system not really good kinda soft... the rest all okay... :D

Above is just my personal point of view and hope it helps yah...
happy.gif