JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

stb_bride

Eve, states something along That line on transportation for abt $100 + appreciation amount... so now I'm at a lost of how much to giv. initially was planning on giving $88. now not sure how..

stb_bride

Eve, states something along That line on transportation for abt $100 + appreciation amount... so now I'm at a lost of how much to giv. initially was planning on giving $88. now not sure how..

stb_bride

But $128 is a lot isn't it? I saw some other forums they said they usually give $68 or $88. I was quite shock when $100 was mention. Hmmm...

benlpt

i was advise the same way, min $100 and A token of appreciation. But nope of mine frenz that ROM outside pay that high for Angpow

stb_bride

yup. so in the end we decide to give $108 Ba.. I told my friends they say it's very high alrdy... usually only give $68..

wkle

Just had our ROM on 1st Jan'13. I would recommend Dr Phua to all the bride-to-be. He makes all my guests laugh a lot. I received a lot of good comments from my relatives and friends about him.

We gave $108, and it may seems a bit high. But we regretted not giving more in token of appreciation.

I'm touch by all his words, it melts my heart. I can feel he is sincerely wish us a blissful marriage.

All the bride-to-be, you may want to consider him.

alphabeth

Hi BTBs, Thank you for sharing all the good experience you had with Dr. Phua. Im new here, and may I ask if its important to check on the zodiacs for our solemnizer to see if it "clashes" with the couple?

Hi Evelyn (wkle), may i ask apart from English, does Dr Phua speak mandarin/ dialects?

Thank you
happy.gif

wkle

Hi Alphabeth, yes. For mine, he used English, mandarin and hokkien, as we have grandparents attend.

love_molly

i was also quite shocked when he mentioned $100 for the transport + another token of appreciation also...initally like candice i also planned to give $88...soo now i also dunno how...u all plan to give how much?

wkle

Mollmolly, I gave him $128 which I regretted giving him so little. At first, I was shocked but after the event I think it worth giving him more. He's really a nice jp.

love_molly

Hi Evelyn, i discuss with my bf and decide to give him $168 as our ROM will be during CNY period so hoping to give him heng heng also... :D

dancing_b2014

Hello all,

Yes, Dr Phua is still a JP! He came down for our solemnisation on 2 Mar, and was super cute and funny throughout the ceremony. And he conducted the whole thing seamlessly in English, Mandarin and Hokkien for the benefit of my grandma.

But he does take a while to reply the initial email. We emailed him four months in advance and he took about 2-3 weeks to reply? But he will only confirm 3 months in advance if he can make it.

misstiny I hope you still have some time before your big day!

misstiny

I read alot forums alot BTB mentioned cant get him as well. Not sure if he is still doing. I have decided to go for other JP.

Jason Chee

Thanks to Dr Phua Tan Tee to remind us to update our Facebook account from "S" to "M" during our solemnization ceremony. Not "SMALL" to "MEDIUM" he says... but "Single" to "Married" . LOL.

Great Solemnizer put us all at ease with many jokes.

Have seen this thread and would like to thank all of you for the recommendations.

For the brides to be/ groom to be, please email him.
It's worth it

mintdesu

I booked him like 3 mths before the ROM (a lil bit kia su) but all I can say that I love to use his service :)
He made me cry a lot...lol... Touched by his kind words, advices and Laughed with his jokes...
Everyone were really enjoy our short yet intimate ROM session..:)

dinding84

Yes he is still a JP. We have just gotten his duly signed consent form via postage. Our wedding is on 22 Dec. We approached him in Mid June, however, he asked us to come back by Sep. And, we emailed him again last week and he came back to us less than a day for the confirmation. We are so blessed and lucky. He is really efficient!

klaz

U r lucky! I am unable to get the timing I want, my dates on 28dec and though I asked him in may and aug again, someone still beats me doing that :(

dinding84

Hey Klaz, you can try again now. Think he will come back to you with a positive answer as now is nearer to your wedding date :)

klaz

Yup I tried, last week .. He was prompt in replying but the timing I wanted he's not available :S a bit disappointed, any other recommendations ?

wm910

Had a rather not pleasant experience with Dr Phua. To cut the story short Emailed him very early but ended up was surprise with the reason he gave. I would not go into details as he is very popular and maybe he is too popular here. Anyone whoe wished to book him please plan with a backup. Cheers

jas_yeo

I've email Dr Phua roughly about 5mths before my date and he told me to get back to him 3 months before. In between, i did try my luck emailing him but his reply is still the same. I'll say his reply is very fast, usually within 5minutes i've gotten a reply back.

Anyway, i did email him again 3 months before and he told me he have some work to do so in the end, didnt manage to get him.

JudyX

Our wedding is on Jul 5th. And we approached him on May 5th, as we heard he only took appointment 3 months ahead. He's very quick in reponse to emails, usually within a day. Also, he would email you a long list of things that you need to prepare. I'm looking forward to a great solemnization with him being our solemnizer. Just wondering how much shall we prepare for Ang bao? Anyone got any idea?

MissHong

hihi... I also approached Dr Phua for my JP on 22 june. He is very fast in replying.. but he sound very strict in timing..
I think him rate is $128

ryan1314linda

Hi btbs , im intending to engage dr phua for my solemnisation as well. Can i check, do i still need to find a back up JP just in case he back out last min ? Does he make funny speeches as well! Thanks .

klaz

I didn't use him in the end as he was not available on the date for my wedding last year after trying to get him monThs in advance..

I attended a few solemnisation by him and personally felt that his jokes kept repeating for years until it's no longer funny.. In fact for a friend's solemnisation I thought he was being overly long winded and sarcastic in his joke or speech as the brides mum arrived late due to traffic jam ...

How long is Dr Phua's solemnization? He advised me to get someone to solemnise my marriage at my preferred auspicious time on my big day. Does everyone choose an auspicious timing for solemnization?? My case is very rush as I am having my tea ceremony before my solemnization, followed by luncheon. Please advise :(

kelzsandz

I didn't use him in the end as he was not available on the date for my wedding last year after trying to get him monThs in advance..

I attended a few solemnisation by him and personally felt that his jokes kept repeating for years until it's no longer funny.. In fact for a friend's solemnisation I thought he was being overly long winded and sarcastic in his joke or speech as the brides mum arrived late due to traffic jam ...

hi klaz... can pm me which JP u used?
thanks

Sandy

mInQi83

Hihi.. does anyone know how long is Dr Phua taking for solemnization ceremony? I'm having a tight schedule..

GerWoo

I thought it was sincere, only had i realised that DR Phua's speech is nothing but a script. SAME AT ALL THE ROM! how i know? because my photographer told me what to expect prior and it was word for word. guess what after? he asked for a MINIMIUM amount for his ang bao. like wtf. i thought its up to the couple? we had to rush the ang bao for him at the carpark after his LONG WINDED SPEECH causing SO SO MUCH inconvenience to the families due to my tight wedding dinner schedule!

GUYS SERIOUSLY THINK TWICE BEFORE GETTING HIM. i totally regretted!