JP - Dr Phua Tan Tee

acorna26

yeah same sentiments azaleas, i have messaged another JP. Mr patrick tan. he seems really friendly! and he replied to my sms like within 30 secs!

hey jus, u can find dr Phua under single constituency.

pollymiao

I've booked him for my rom also. My elder bro engaged him as JP for his wedding also in July 2011. He's good, multi-lingual.

bibao

I had my rom on 8 Oct 2011 on the same day as my wedding... He was late so theres some delay and my guests for dinner waited for quite long and i missed out mingling and taking photos with my parents and guests. But no doubt, he is a good JP. He created laughters and tears.... i booked him one year in advance.

smilem

yes.. min.. he is good.. i went to attend my frien's weddg on 08/10 at other place whereby they engaged a lady JP..
woa.. she finished within 12mins & needs to rush off.. hmm.. i felt like so rushy..

crypaz

Hi, convenient to share roughly how much ang bao you all bao for Dr Phua? Do you all provide him complimentary parking or reimburse his parking/tpt?

shannat

sigh~ actually manage to get him as my JP but he is only available at 4pm on my AD.. but i want my ROM in the morn!! >.<"

berry_ash

Hi,
For those who engaged Dr. Phua for their ROM, can I know if he will arrive early and brief you on the procedures or he will just arrive and start the ceremony immediately?
TIA!

smilem

Hi Berry

During my ROM, he didn't turn up early to brief us but befor ROM date.. we communicate thru phone &amp; he told my hubby wat to prepare.

Yes, upon his arrival, we start the ceremony immeidately.. thru the event, you jz sit &amp; follow his instruction.he will guide u perfectly

dawnljh

Hi,
I can't seems to find his details on the ROM website. I even search under the Single Constituency but couldn't see his name.

Has his license expired?

berry_ash

Hi Smilem, thanks for the info! He did not tell us anything. I guess we will just go with the flow.
happy.gif

mck

Hi Berry,

There is nothing to worry about. The usual flow is like this:

Mr XXX Ms YYY, am I to understand that you are here on your on free will (nobody forces you), for the purpose of becoming man and wife.

*Both reply YES*

Before you are joined in marriage, it is my duty here, to remind you of the solemn and binding character of the vows you are about to make.
Marriage according to Singapore law is the union of one man and one woman, voluntarily joined together with the exclusion of all other others.

*Face Each Other &amp; Hold hands*

Mr XXX, do you take Ms YYY to be your wedded wife, to live together in the legal estate of matrimony.

*Reply YES I DO*

Will you solemnly promise that you will love her, comfort her, honour her and keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, staying faithful to her, for as long as you both shall live.

*Reply YES I WILL*

Ms YYY, do you take Mr XXX to be your wedded husband, to live together in the legal estate of matrimony.

*Reply YES I DO*

Will you solemnly promise that you will love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, staying faithful to him, for as long as you both shall live.

*Reply YES I WILL*

Mr XXX, please take the ring that you got for Ms YYY and place it on the 4th finger of her left hand.

Repeat after me.

*Vows*

Ms YYY, please take the ring that you got for Mr XXX and place it on the 4th finger of his left hand.

Repeat after me.

*Vows*

As the both of you have solemnly promised and given your consent to me, I now pronounce you man &amp; wife. You may kiss your bride.

*Signing of documents*

berry_ash

@smilem: thanks! My solemnisation went very smoothly with the help of Dr Phua. He is really very good! All my guests had a great time laughing at the jokes that he said and some silly stuff which we made... =)

@MCK: WOW! this is a very impressive and detailed flow you have here! How you managed to remember all these? Unfortunately we did not face each other and hold hands while reciting our vows... a pity though... If I had seen this earlier..... =(

tgk

dear all,

does it mean i have to file for my rom on the website then contact mr phua personally.. or we can seek his help via the rom website when we file for the date?

thanks!
happy.gif

gabelle80

Hi Cherish03,

U have to file for ROM on website then contact Mr Phua personally. Scroll to earlier entries, you can find his contact (email and office number).

gabelle80

I invited him for my solemnization on the 10 Jan and indeed HE IS REALLY GOOD!! He made our solemnization very heart warming!! Two thumbs up for Dr Phua!

ddsy

hi all,

I am thinking of asking Dr Phua on his availability. My AD is in NOV. However, does anyone know his chinese zodiac sign as we do not want any clashes.

Thank you!

We didn't ask him about his chinese zodiac sign. I feel it is too restrictive if you even consider JP's chinese zodiac sign.

Dr Phua is popular and you better check on his availability 3 months b4 your AD.

singaporean

Hi, I am keen on getting Dr Phua to be my
JP. However heard from my friend who engaged his assistance, and friend told me that Dr Phua has limitations in certain timing for weekdays. And I'm fretting coz my wedding is on a weekday. Omg, I pray I can get Dr Phua as I think he is really good!

Anyone has any ideas if Dr Phua's limitations in timings?

Thanks
happy.gif

yes, please email him to book early (3mths in advance), any earlier he will not be able to confirm with you. Any later, you risk the chance of him booked by another couple as he is very popular.

kopisoh

Hi All

Do you all email or call Dr Phua to ask him?

Will he ask for a meetup prior the wedding or ROM to sign the form? or we just email him will do?

Thanks

reen85

Hi All,

can anyone advise the rates for angpow for Dr Phua? because i read in another thread, some JP do have a minimum rate..

mmng

My rom date wil b in dec. n I have email him 2 mths ago as I know he is very popular. But he can't giv me an answer. I was ask to email him 3 mths b4 my rom date again... So dun hv to email him too early...

wkle

Michelle, I afraid he will reject me even I email him 3 months before. Then I will panic, don't know who to find. You got any alternative jp?

kopisoh

Finally got the confirmation of Dr Phua to be our JP for our ROM in Dec.. We emailed him 5 mths in advance. At that time, he mentioned that he would pencil down the date first and ask us to check with him 3 mths before the ROM.

Was overseas that time and forgot to email him on the first few days of Sept, and he took the initiative to email back and ask if I still need his service. He even offered to fill in the consent form and sent to us by mail.

He is a nice JP and I am really happy that we have him as our JP

wkle

How long does dr phua reply? I sent him an email yesterday, but he has not reply me. I'm a bit worried that he can't make it and Im not able to find alternative. Anyone can advise a good and recommended JP?

poohbear8383

I believe every couple who choose Dr Phua to be JP will be happy. He is indeed very popular and can make the guests laugh =)

Just had a chat with him about work over the phone and we ended up laughing throughout the conversation. Simply nice fatherly guy.

stb_bride

Hi,

I have just engaged dr Phua as my JP. And was informed that the min token of appreciation is $100. Can someone advise me on how much shld we give?

Arigato!