How to lose weight effectively the natural way?

xinyue

how to lose weight without going to slimming centres, without any detox program, massage creams? what form of exercise helps to lose weight the fastest?

huiying17

Can try bodyweight exercises which help to build up muscles - they help to cut down the fats real fast but need to watch diet too. Can google for Turbulence Training. It helped me lose 3kg before I hit a plateau but I've not been v disciplined too. Alternatively u can try getting a personal trainer in a gym. It worked for my fren.

noknok

Skipping!!! I lost 2 kg in two weeks and total of 7kg in 2 months jus by skipping and cutting carbo intake to half. Nv gain e weight back for 6 years now.

I used to skip for 20 min every morning. repetition at 100 per min. Must use plastic ropes as cloth one too slow.

Skipping is a higher impact exercise then running... skipping for 10 min equal to jogging for 20 min. But initial stage will be tough though. I remember when I first started I can't even skip continously for one min. So take a lot of determination. make sure you wear proper sports shoes too as it might injure your joints.. do try to land softly.

One thing about weight training is that should jus do light weight, dun go for heavy one as you'll build up muscle and become bulky.

xinyue

ladies.. thanks alot for the advice.. :)

Am cutting down on carbos intake and same time, exercising.. but am getting unmotivated at times as I am exercising alone..

coolie28

Hi belinda: ya..Agree with you lo!! Exercising alone unmotivated..Need a companion la..
heeee

For me,execising now work for me de..therefore i go for acupunture slimming lo..

withualways

Belinda,
Im a Nov 2010 bride, im working hard too, in two years ever since i started working, i have gain 5kg in my work place. Haha. NOT GOOD AT ALL. Im trying to loose to my original weight of 55kg.

Currently i started gym every Mon, Wed n Fri during lunch time, head down to gym for 20-30min and shower n come back to work. When i gym, i don't take lunch, only a good breakfast, after gym, i will eat fruits. DO NOT EAT WITHIN 1hour after your gym n drink plenty of water. I also cut down on my carbo n smaller portion for dinner. Rem, u r not only preparing for ur wedding, u r also preparing for a healtier lifestyle for ur FH n future baby if u plan to carry one after ur wedding.

I know i can't exercise after work, because my consistance will break once anything came in so i decided to put into my work schdeule. Initially u will feel tire after ur gym but after time you will have more energy and slp better at night. Currently i lost 1kg in two weeks. Lesser food and exercise need to work together to get a result.

Hi Coolie28, can advice on the place u go for acupunture slimming and the price?

coolie28

Hi withulways,

Gym is not working for me de..Maybe I need to spend $$$ only will put down some weight..
I took this acupunture slimming for 3mth..Stop for 10mths de,but still can maintain de..
Thanks for all the consultant & doctors ya..

Withualways,
Please drop me a mail at [email protected], i forward you the contact/details..
The price is depend on individual body analysis.

Thanks..anything can ask me in email or can add me in MSN as your slimming frds..

Cheerss...

xinyue

hello MemorableChocolate,

Thanks for sharing.. Where do you live? I was thinking, maybe we can exercise together after work? Like a run in the park? Since I have already cancelled my gym membership..

May I know why 'do not eat' within one hour after gym.. Yup, have the same mentality as you - to e prepare for a healtier lifestyle for hubby and future baby.

fat_ger

I agree that by exercise can help to lose weight, but over exercise will cause us to lose our muscles.Furthermore i does not have the time to exercise, hence i choose to go acupunture slimming too. I have already completed the program for almost 1yr and currently i am able to maintain it. Feel so happy for it. Total i lost almost 10KG, any slimming buddy can add me @ [email protected]

coolie28

Hi Mrs C Tan,

sorry for late reply wor..was away for holiday de?? so nice..heeee

Oh..i went to marine parade for acupunture slimming. I total lost 10kg through this acupunture slimming..THanks to my consultant who transform me..

This program about detox+acuputure & dietary plan too..Acupunture can help to maintain mar..i have stop for 11mth lioa..still can mainain..

yaya,i drop you the details lioa!! check my mail de @ [email protected] .. I added you in my msn too..

Thanks...

chrisashriel

Hie coolie can I have the address of the acupunture too which part of marina parade? I just need a little slimmin n toning... Quite interested thou ;) as I need to prepare for my next year wedding ;) thank u in advance... my email add : [email protected]

coolie28

Hi Chris,

OOooh...Welcome to this thread!
Congrats to leh..wedding soon ya..

I total lost 10kg through this acupunture slimming..I able to maintain for 1yr lo..
This program about detox+acupunture+auricular therapy+diet plan lo..

Ha..you need to slim a bit and toning nia..
Aiyo..I think you better book to call for consultation with my consultant. Do a body analysis then you will know your total fats need to lose ma..

I will send you my consultant contact and the program details.. Check my mail at [email protected]

Add me in MSN too..

Okie..

coolie28

Hi Chris,

Send you the details lioa..
Check my mail [email protected]
Btw how many kg you need to lose wor?
Anything still can ask me in email or chat with MSN..
Hope the info enough to feed you lo..

Mrs C Tan,took the program lioa..She has good result lo..Always appreciate me in MSN yaaa..
Pai Seh lor..but just a kind sharing ma..
I also want ppl to look slim lo..
Understand how they feel if they are obesity..

fat_ger

Hi Chris,

Welcome here, congrats to you. Still got a long way to your wedding, started to search for the PS? How much you need to lose? You sound very slim to me..
happy.gif
Anyway this acupuncture slimming is a overall program which mean not only help in term of slim down but also improve health condition. It help to solve my constipation and irregular menses. I also lost 10KG and still maintaining for the past 1yr. Add me as slimming buddy ([email protected]).. My friend Slimslim also lost more than 10kg.

coolie28

Hi Chris,

I added you in my msn too..
Anything still can ask me about my acupunture program..

I think I provide enough information bah...
Actually,you only need to firm and toning abit lo,but you dont know how much fats need to lose ma..check it out from my consultant ya..

Thkss..

yakieyaya

Coolie28 & Fatger always comes in together to talk about accupuncture slimming in most slimming threads in this forum... same person?? or sales pple??

bugzz

Like i share in other threads...
My frd jus told me she is aware of this place that they r referring to here. her sis took up the program and did lose weight. it's not totally slimming center, instead they called themself health management center.

it is a MLM kind of thingy, during the 3 mths program one got to be very self discipline and ability to maintain. if not, everything will be back to square 1 or gaining even more weight than b4.

seriously looking around this forum to find some way to lose weight, and of day, nothing seems to be more real than having a balance diet, eating right and doing exercise.

yakieyaya

end of day, the most natural way is to eat right and exercise more... think we all are here due to wanting a result fast to be seen... however, we have long forgotten what we wanted was: the natural way. Thanks Xinyue & BugzZ for thinking alike..

xinyue

hello yaya..

thanks..
agreed with your comments.. generally, we want a fast and fuss-free result.
singapore, being a food paradise, it takes determination and motivation to resist the nice but generally unhealthy food.

for me, i would like to lose weight and maintain, then lose weight and maintain all the way. rather than, lose weight, maintain for a certain period and then weight ballooned..

sshg

Hi... me n my sis went to this same place for slimming too... the one at marine parade... i should say it is effective during that 3 months... cos ur diet is being monitored but after the 3 months when u stop all their products (or rather so call health supplements) the weight bounced back... thou my is not that bad... still weigh lesser than my original weight...

but my size has gone from M (before the program) to S (during the program) and now back to M again... can u imagine all the money that i spend on the program and new clothes for the S size has gone to waste now... haiz... so wat i think is as long as u have the determination... control ur intake, stop all carbo food... u will attain ur ideal weight eventually...

fat_ger

Hi Kani,

Are you searching for acu program from collie? We are under the same program,i can send you the details if you want. My email is [email protected]. I shed off 10KG with the help of this.

caressa

If it's really NATURAL that you're going for...

I'll suggest doing an exercise plan to reap the most benefits - remember your body needs to rest and for muscle to repair, so I tend to do relaxing/meditating yoga or walk the dog for "Rest Day"s. Do a mix-up of work-outs that you enjoy - like Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Walk for days when you really don't feel like working out; Cardiovascular / Sculpting(kickboxing - Turbo Jam; 10 Minute Solution); Interval Training (Jillian Michaels, Kelly Coffey-Myer's New You Coming), Flexibility / Toning (Crunch - Burn & Firm Yoga Pilates blend; MTV Power Yoga). You get a good range to prevent boredom, and it helps you achieve toning and losing weight in all the right places. What's best is the endorphins you get from exercise - for someone who has NEVER exercised in 30 years, I can really put my foot where my mouth is. It is also amazing how your body adapts and transforms. My body's immune system improved tremendously, my insomnia eased, my moods elevated.

Within the first 45 minutes post-exercise that lasted 60mins or more, there is a “metabolic window.†This means that enzymes that replenish muscle carbs are at their highest levels. Plus, insulin, which rebuilds protein stores, is at peak levels. So eating a carb-and-protein mix (peanut butter sandwich, yogurt with fruit, bagel with cream cheese, or a handful of nuts) at this point will maintain muscle, replenish glycogen stores and reduce the amount of fat your body stores.

Missing the metabolic window is bad news: If you delay refueling, you slow carb replenishment by 50 percent and protein repair by 80 percent. And that means that you may be sluggish and fatigued during tomorrow’s workout. I personally like protein whey shakes (Optimum Nutrition).

Take foods that naturally boost metabolism like chilli, capiscum, jalapenos, curry (anything spicy - up to 8% increase), green tea, caffeine, iced water during meals (thermogenic process), grapefruit, yogurt, broccoli, oatmeal, soy milk, spinach, apples, turkey, beans, almonds. Opt for 4-6 small meals a day.

When I was really obsessed about working off the weight gained from excessive, extended steroid use for my asthma, I managed to lose 10kg in a month, and 10% body fat, bringing me to an althete's body fat percentage, with this 7-day plan - I wasn't even very fat to begin with, I could still fit into a S but am normally a XS. I couldn't even walk up the stairs without having to use my inhaler, so you do really feel good about yourself, your stamina, knowing your body is strong and capable of doing things like moving furniture instead of just looking thin for your wedding pictures. I think a positive and confident mindset shows in the way you look too, compared to someone who had starved themselves to their ideal weight. A really good article you can google for is "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle".

All the above workouts I mentioned are easy to find online and can be done in the privacy of your own home. Pick other stuff that you enjoy like bellydancing, salsa, hip hop - there's workouts designed for every interest. It's important to keep yourself motivated so the workouts should be fun. Even fancy gear helps, like new Asics shoes, a new yoga mat etc.

I only worked out for a month and can honestly say that it was "difficult" for me to gain weight months after, whereas my crash diets in the past always failed once my depravation kicks in and I binge. The high metabolic rate stayed for months after that ONE disciplined fitness regime but I've now slackened and am hoping to pick it back up soon (it's been more than 6 months since I last worked out~)

Take good care of yourself during this time too, it helps keep you on track - have a weekly food indulgence like the tiramisu you've been eyeing all week, weekly/monthly facials, manicures/pedicures, moisturise face and body every night, weekly body scrubs, collagen eye masks, hand masks, taking the time to read a book uninterrupted, splurging on a gorgeous coveted bag, etc - they all add up because they're all in line with a singular goal - it's all about making you feel good about yourself.

I know my post is long, but I really hope it helps you girls out there. It definitely did for me
happy.gif

beaties

Try Ashtanga Yoga. It works brilliantly for me. I lost substantial, just in time for the wedding photoshoot. Thank goodness for my wonderful instructor who worked equally hard with me so that I can shed pounds in time to be a beautiful bride. If anyone may be interested, please visit www.ohmsantih.com. This is her site.

beaties

What does this wrapping does? Please do not torture yourself that way. Why dun you try yoga? It definitely work! Long term effect furthermore.

royalprincess

Struggling with your weight?

Health program to help you loose weight effectively. No slimming wrap. No starvation. No tedious excercise. Reduce pure fats. Increase muscles. Proven results. Affordable price.

Free body fat analysis pls call Jessica 96329620
http://trasuccess.multiply.com/

mary_gw

I changed my eating habits like no carbohydreates after 7.30p.m and stop all oily food . in a way i feel much more comfortable this way as well . Then ,i sign up with the Gym for twice a week acrobatics classes and work out from there , taking kick boxing after acrobatics i think . Currently i have lost about 2kg per 3 weeks =)

sj7980

Hihi..

I had tried alot of ways to slim down. Determination play a part. The one at Marine Parade I went before and completed the session. Lost 10kg and gain more after that. I currently going to start my new diet as 2014 will be photoshooting session. Haha.. Really need more determination.

Do not overdo as it will ruin our health. Jiayou to all sisters here:)

lemonzil

lose weight effectively and moderately. Not more than 5kg a month otherwise hormones will go crazy...

esiotrot84

Hi all! There is an improved version of the TRA, a health management program (also known as The Right Approach). It's called the TR90 and it is available for pre-order only THIS WEEK. After this week, it will no longer available until June 2014. The price will also increase 20%. Besides 3 times more effective than TRA, TR90 is also a regime that is easier to maintain and adhere to. I'm able to pre-order 10 sets and I have 2-3 sets left. Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if you wish to know more. Cheers!

Winifred Tan

Hi all, there's a weight loss contest organised by this fitness-cum-wellness company called "MWS". It's a program that puts participants in weight management consultation, health scans and healthy meal planning, exercise/training regimes guided by trainers, and also uses Herbalife products to help the participants' diets. They have just finished their 118th weight loss contest and there will be a prize giving ceremony on 6 April 2014 for the top winners who manage to lose weight most successfully. The prizes are in the form of cash. Please do email me at [email protected] (with your name) for more details as I am unable to attach the picture of the brochure here.

Cheers!
Winifred :)

JuzDream

hihi how often do u do per week and do u keep to a strict diet?
I do it about 3 times a week and did not have strict diet as I love food.

The only amendment I made to my diet is not to eat such heavy dinner or no dinner except fruits sometimes.

I would still eat my breakfast and lunch as normal

It can make you sweat hell alot during that 1 and half hrs of workout.

If you want faster effect then you can work on your diet and exercise at same time

cherryame

I do it about 3 times a week and did not have strict diet as I love food.

The only amendment I made to my diet is not to eat such heavy dinner or no dinner except fruits sometimes.

I would still eat my breakfast and lunch as normal

It can make you sweat hell alot during that 1 and half hrs of workout.

If you want faster effect then you can work on your diet and exercise at same time

i actually cant quite do bikram as i have low blood pressure, gets giddy very easily. tried once and cldnt complete the session. so i do normal hot yoga.

thanks for the great advice! guess im gonna start hitting the studios more often and have a cleaner diet. heh :)

Minkishly

Supplementing cardio with strength training really helps! I've lost 7kg so far from purely exercising at home and changing my diet (no carbs, no sugar except on cheat days). Still got a long way to go, but at least that's some progress. I have a pair of dumb bells at home so I do strength reps with those + body weight exercises (eg planks, push ups, dips). I usually use the Jillian Michaels 30 days shred workout (free on youtube, haha!) as a reference and modify / add some exercises to increase the intensity. I like that workout because it combines cardio, strength and core exercises in a short period so it's quite time efficient. I have an elliptical / cross trainer machine at home which I much prefer to a treadmill and do HIIT (high intensity interval training) sessions on it for cardio (which suck, but are very effective). There's a free phone app for HIIT sessions as well, that will help you to count the time for each interval.

Strength training is very important because it helps to sustain the weight loss results. Also, muscles will help to passively boost your metabolic rate. If you're a bigger girl like me, it's important to gain muscles and tone up while losing weight to avoid having loose skin. If you lose a large amount of fat from cardio without toning up at the same time, the results can be quite dreadful (which I learned from my previous weight loss attempts). For those doing strength training, I'd suggest using a measuring tape instead of a weighing machine to check your progress. Muscles are heavier than fats so initially, you won't see much of a weight reduction; in fact, you might even see your weight going up. I promise you though, the inches will go down. Another thing about pure cardio without strength is that although you'll lose the weight quickly, unless genetics are on your side, you'll gain the weight back quickly too once you stop or backslide.

The most important thing about any kind of weight loss regime is that it has to be sustainable. I used to clock a lot of hours in the gym, but after a while, it became way too time consuming and I couldn't keep it up. Not to mention that those classes are quite a social activity; which is good, but if you're on a time crunch, chatting takes up so much of your workout time. Plus depending on which gym you go to, it can be really expensive in the long run.

Mathilde

Hi everyone,
To lose weight the natural way is very simple. I am a Health Coach and I help my clients do this too! I've been on a month long cleanse myself after really indulging on our honeymoon in Italy, and I simply cut out all processed food, eggs, dairy, alcohol, wheat and grains and ate some fish, but mostly plant based. I have lost 2-3 kgs in 3 weeks. I also have done a one day juice cleanse, which you could incorporate!
If you have any questions, you can contact me :) Good luck beautiful Brides!!