Hotel Fort Canning

baabaab

Just helped my friend with her wedding at HFC last weekend.
Service was VERY POOR.
All considering HFC should seriously re-consider the decision. my friend took up their entire ballroom, 36 tables!!!

the AV throughout the night was very bad.. highlighted to the manager from the START of the wedding but nothing was done.
already the FIRST march-in, the music that was played had problems.

the first video did not have any music accompanied, and the AV did not even do any contingency actions by playing some form of background music.

no support from the hotel came down to attempt to resolve the issue; even though it was highlighted to the manager many times.
from the 1st video to the LAST video, totally worsen on AV side.
the AV side totally screwed up; ultra blur images for ALL videos and montage, and some projectors got NO SOUND AT ALL.
the band could not sing at the start cos the mic not working.
the AV got from bad to WORSE through the entire night.
totally ruined the wedding night for the couple.

AND the manager had the cheek to brush it off as merely a technical glitch!
(so roll eyes. if the glitch cannot be resolved from 8pm till 1130pm, it is called a PROBLEM)

From my table and feedback gathered from my other colleagues who sat at another table:
  • Slow, had to repeatedly ask the service staff to refill CHINESE TEA (let's not talk about wine even!)
  • food served was inconsistent; some guest already finished dessert and about to leave but others havent even finished the 2nd last dish
  • food served was also not hot enough; timing control regarding food was poor

the worst thing is that their service recovery from the hotel is VERY BAD.
to the point where the hotel is not even willing to apologize and admit that responsibility for the screw-up lies with them.
they even tried to PUSH THE BLAME to the couple and us (the couple's entourage).

apparently the ops manager assigned to the dinner had only worked 1 WEEK at the hotel.
which he conveniently tried to use it as an excuse.
totally ZERO apologies from the staff.

heard high reviews from the couple after they spoke with the sales and decided on the hotel.
but too bad the hotel COULD NOT DELIVER.
highly likely all talk only.

SERIOUSLY ULTRA POOR experience with HFC.
i would NEVER even consider them for my own wedding next time.
Will also advise all my friends to NOT consider this hotel at all!

dreylan

Just helped my friend with her wedding at HFC last weekend.
Service was VERY POOR.
All considering HFC should seriously re-consider the decision. my friend took up their entire ballroom, 36 tables!!!

the AV throughout the night was very bad.. highlighted to the manager from the START of the wedding but nothing was done.
already the FIRST march-in, the music that was played had problems.

the first video did not have any music accompanied, and the AV did not even do any contingency actions by playing some form of background music.

no support from the hotel came down to attempt to resolve the issue; even though it was highlighted to the manager many times.
from the 1st video to the LAST video, totally worsen on AV side.
the AV side totally screwed up; ultra blur images for ALL videos and montage, and some projectors got NO SOUND AT ALL.
the band could not sing at the start cos the mic not working.
the AV got from bad to WORSE through the entire night.
totally ruined the wedding night for the couple.

AND the manager had the cheek to brush it off as merely a technical glitch!
(so roll eyes. if the glitch cannot be resolved from 8pm till 1130pm, it is called a PROBLEM)

From my table and feedback gathered from my other colleagues who sat at another table:
  • Slow, had to repeatedly ask the service staff to refill CHINESE TEA (let's not talk about wine even!)
  • food served was inconsistent; some guest already finished dessert and about to leave but others havent even finished the 2nd last dish
  • food served was also not hot enough; timing control regarding food was poor

the worst thing is that their service recovery from the hotel is VERY BAD.
to the point where the hotel is not even willing to apologize and admit that responsibility for the screw-up lies with them.
they even tried to PUSH THE BLAME to the couple and us (the couple's entourage).

apparently the ops manager assigned to the dinner had only worked 1 WEEK at the hotel.
which he conveniently tried to use it as an excuse.
totally ZERO apologies from the staff.

heard high reviews from the couple after they spoke with the sales and decided on the hotel.
but too bad the hotel COULD NOT DELIVER.
highly likely all talk only.

SERIOUSLY ULTRA POOR experience with HFC.
i would NEVER even consider them for my own wedding next time.
Will also advise all my friends to NOT consider this hotel at all!

Hi,
Can find out from you, which ballroom was the wedding held at?

baabaab

I'm holding my wedding there. But my friend just went for a wedding there. Was okay leh.

yeah you better PRAY that it is ok.
because their service recovery CMI. (like seriously really CANNOT MAKE IT... near to zero. so far the couple had not heard a single apology from the banquet manager..)
this is very bad.. they failed to understand that they are essentially in the service industry.
what does service mean to them?

i mean, noone will want their wedding day to be destroyed by hotel's incompetence!
good luck to you!

Snowy

Hi, i like to ask if anybody had held or attended wedding banquet at The legends before?

How is the ambience & food like?
I'm eyeing there. But dunno to take their ballroom or outdoor marcquee. Cos both are equally nice.

Hi,

I have a 2013/2014 Hotel Fort Canning package to let go. Are you interested?

Interested, please email me at s[email protected]

Thanks
Snowy

ohjulie

One of my girl friend's wedding was held there in September 2013 in the B1 ballroom. The capacity is about 25 tables +/-.

Good points:
The setting was cosy.
The manager was attentive.
The lawn where newlyweds can hold their solemnisation at is super pretty, almost fairytale-like with the trimmed carpet grass and the hotel building as the backdrop.
The reception service was good. They managed to hold the guests for an additional hour or so (there was a mistake in the timing printed in the invitation).
Good place for post-wedding photoshoots, especially the outdoors. Beware of the mozzies, though.
My friend got a suite in the package, and an extra day-room for the preps.

Bad points:
The ceiling is low, slightly claustrophobic.
The lighting can be improved.
If you're sitting to max capacity, there's going to be a tight squeeze in terms of moving around between the tables, because chairs will be sticking out from no where. Very tricky if the bride has a humungous ballgown.
A lot of steps. The lift locations are so tricky, I didn't bother to look for them.
The food is, at best, palatable.

Down deposit only.... Open date until we choose a date. But quite a few choices for us coz we r opting for lunch in the marquee. What abt u?

Yeah it did! It's still the same if u hold ur AD by August 2014, but I don't think anyone signing in April will choose to get married by August. :p
I will prob have mine in Jan 2015. Good on u. It went up by abt $20 per table.
Hv u done ur food tasting and deco discussions with the hotel yet?

dreylan

Food tasting to be done in sept. the deco I didn't like any of the themes this year. I wanna get last year theme. Prob talk to the manager first. :) but we upgraded the menu. Changed e first dish to with lobster. Have to add $80++. Haha.

Food tasting to be done in sept. the deco I didn't like any of the themes this year. I wanna get last year theme. Prob talk to the manager first. :) but we upgraded the menu. Changed e first dish to with lobster. Have to add $80++. Haha.
Do they give u a timeline to settle all this stuff by? Just wondering coz we haven't actually even gotten back to them about the date...

HFC is having another wedding show on August 17th. U can go see.
Anyway the full bridal prospectus (with package prices etc) is available on the HFC website. ;) I just saw.

yans

Hello,

I just sign up with them for my sole+AD Lunch. however mine was at lavender room ( personally i don really like the room bcos of the ceiling,but my htb don mind -_-" ) anyone who had also book lavender room, care to share with me their layout?

strangegrapes

Hello,

Anyone had lunch at the marquee before? My concern is that it'll be very hot and stuffy, since the air condition units are the portable types.

Possible to share your experience?

dapxy

Hello,

Just wondering if there are fellow HFC brides to be here that have done their food tasting or will be doing soon.

Just went for our food tasting on Monday and would like to share feedback. If you did, please let me know. We wanted to know the feedback for the dishes which we did not try.

Cheers

I personally had a good experience, but then I don't really have very high expectations. It is truly a beautiful hotel and trust me u'll love the rooms. I wanted the marquee initially but took the legends ballroom in the end. The banquet manager was experienced and knowledge. It's just that if u hv some special instructions regarding seating etc u'll need to be v specific.
A couple of stuff that I didn't like though? The wedding favours and wedding cake. So fake looking.

OYHZ

I personally had a good experience, but then I don't really have very high expectations. It is truly a beautiful hotel and trust me u'll love the rooms. I wanted the marquee initially but took the legends ballroom in the end. The banquet manager was experienced and knowledge. It's just that if u hv some special instructions regarding seating etc u'll need to be v specific.
A couple of stuff that I didn't like though? The wedding favours and wedding cake. So fake looking.

Hello stilettoheeled, any particular reasons for choosing the ballroom over the marquee in the end? I attended a wedding at the marquee recently and thought it was pretty unique, garden-like.

Mine was a lunch wedding, so I went by to have a look during someone else's lunch time wedding, and it was stiflingly hot. The bride and groom were all sweaty and oily even before their wedding. So my husband and I decided to forgo the marquee.
I was actually pretty disappointed abt that, coz I initially wanted to hv a garden feel. But it was just waaay too hot to be acceptable.
Plus the marquee costs $5k more as well.

OYHZ

Mine was a lunch wedding, so I went by to have a look during someone else's lunch time wedding, and it was stiflingly hot. The bride and groom were all sweaty and oily even before their wedding. So my husband and I decided to forgo the marquee.
I was actually pretty disappointed abt that, coz I initially wanted to hv a garden feel. But it was just waaay too hot to be acceptable.
Plus the marquee costs $5k more as well.

Thanks for your reply! Didn't know the marquee cost more. Hope I'm getting the venue correctly, cos the wedding dinner i attended had the air-conditioning way too cold. The girls at our table had to ask the staff to turn it away from us..

yans

Hi Stilettoheeled, care to share more of your experience? Mine will be at lunch wedding and booked mine at lavender ballroom (i don really like the ball room bcos of the pillar but legend room was not available). My coordinator was Cindy, she seems nice just that after reading lots of reviews, majority of them had just an average experience at HFC.

Thanks for your reply! Didn't know the marquee cost more. Hope I'm getting the venue correctly, cos the wedding dinner i attended had the air-conditioning way too cold. The girls at our table had to ask the staff to turn it away from us..

I was there last July, so perhaps they fixed up the air con. Which is good! But then maybe night time is also cooler, I was there at noon. And yes, it's $5k extra!

Hi Stilettoheeled, care to share more of your experience? Mine will be at lunch wedding and booked mine at lavender ballroom (i don really like the ball room bcos of the pillar but legend room was not available). My coordinator was Cindy, she seems nice just that after reading lots of reviews, majority of them had just an average experience at HFC.

I guess it depends on ur expectations. My husband and I are pretty easy-going (or lazy) people so we had no big complaints. I think what they offered was a pretty standard package, but I chose the place coz I loved the old colonial setting. It's obviously not as big and sparkling as a brand name city hotel. My service standard was acceptable. There were some things they didn't oblige, but by and large my requirements were met.
Is there anything specifically you want to know abt?

sjunzz

I guess it depends on ur expectations. My husband and I are pretty easy-going (or lazy) people so we had no big complaints. I think what they offered was a pretty standard package, but I chose the place coz I loved the old colonial setting. It's obviously not as big and sparkling as a brand name city hotel. My service standard was acceptable. There were some things they didn't oblige, but by and large my requirements were met.
Is there anything specifically you want to know abt?

Hi stilettoheeled, how was the food may i know??

hi Sujunzz i book the garden Terrance this dec too! may i know when is ur big day?
@Stilettoheeled yes how about the food?! is it ok or so-so

The feedback I got is that the food was good actually!
But bear in mind I went for the western 4-course, and not the Chinese food, so it was prepared by the chefs from The Glass House itself, not catered externally.
The drawback is that being a 4-course meal, some guests felt it wasn't enough.

yans

wait, i didnt know for lunch we are able to chose the western course, because for me, i had no choice ,they oly give chinese food ):
which ballroom did u take?

wait, i didnt know for lunch we are able to chose the western course, because for me, i had no choice ,they oly give chinese food ):
which ballroom did u take?

I took the Legends ballroom in the end.
Yes I was given the choice of Chinese or western set courses or buffet. I had no idea it has since changed, my wedding was only in Jan!