Hotel Fort Canning

yugal

mine was not perfect either. the lighting i requrested for the first march in was not turned on.
sad.gif

Otherwise it was a successful dinner. Received plenty of +ve feedback; credit also goes to the live band I engaged.

yugal

Overall is still very nice. Dun think anyone noticed yah? everyone focusing on the beautiful bride and the handsome groom, otherwise the delicious food.
happy.gif

sbh

I m looking at 3rd quarter of 2010 in Legends ballroom, any reviews? Also, anyone heard of any news on the development of the boutique hotel, is it scheduled to be completed by mid 2010?

icelemontea07

Hihi.

I'm planning to hold my banquet at The Legends' marquee. I have come across negative comments about the marquee's temperature and was a bit worried. Therefore, I would like to ask: for people who held their weddings or attended weddings before at the marquee and found the place warm, do you mind sharing the month of the wedding, the number of tables at the wedding, and where were you sitting during the wedding?

blur_crab

last heard frm the co-ordinator was that they will only start renovating the plc in May10 with air conditioned marquee with the boutqiue hotel concept..

is this venue gd for wedding? seem to have a lot -ve comments..Ive got guests who are muslims and vegtarians..

payment wise - izzit hassle?

retrodotie

Hi Anyone holds weddings in the legends Ballroom? Any review on that? I heard that the ballroom will be renovated as well. Not much review about the food there, any comments?

yugal

Heyo, sorry I have not been coming in very often since my wedding in Dec'09.

icelemontea>> It is advisable to hold your wedding at the end of the year if warmth is a concern. I do not think the coolers they are renting out will help much in any ways. IMHO.

ladyvodka

blur crab> u mean the marquee will be air conditioned? do u know how long it will take for the reno? btw who's yr co-ordinator? mine is anges, but she has left the company & now is Adrian.. (already the 3rd change)hope they dun change anymore.

happylilone

Hey hey gals.. I'm thinking of doing a poolside high tea for my solemnisation. Anyone here has done the same before?

Saw their dessert buffet and canapé menu and thot it's rather affordable. Does anyone know if the pricing includes the setup? I have emailed them, but there's no response as yet.

Thank you gals.. in advance for any advice!

blur_crab

happylilone: is there a pool side solemnisation in Fortcanning?

JT: ive forgotten when they said it will be ready, coz mine is next year.

Ive not signed up wif them, still reviewing them.
The lady who hv attended to us is Sophia, quite a nice lady.

maybe gng to their wedding show to view more.
what do you think?? will this plc mk a memorable wedding?

happylilone

Hey blur_crab, I remembered seeing a picture of poolside setup.. That is also why I'm asking.. Cos I'm really unsure as well...

Still crossing fingers in finding my ideal solemnisation place!!

ladyvodka

blur crab: thks.. think i will check with my co-ordinator again.. hopefully it will be completed by this yr so my guest wont have to suffer the heat..
yugal: bad experience with anges? she seemed nice & helpful.. anyway she has already left..

flaz

Hi anybody can share experience for the marquee? Are they going to fix air con for the marquee? and is the renovation done? I visit it once over the weekend. It seems pretty hot.

blur_crab

heard that the air con proj may not be there, intend to air con but not gtee...so will temperature be a big issue?

can anyone share coz i dun want my guests not able to enjoy the event tho.

will be gd that you verify all these wif the co-ordinator.

so from earlier msg, are there really hidden charges?

yugal

As mentioned earlier, " It is advisable to hold your wedding at the end of the year if warmth is a concern. I do not think the coolers they are renting out will help much in any ways. IMHO."

I will say the Marquee is a nice place to hold a wedding dinner. I chose this place because I wanted something different from the "traditional" restaurant or ballroom dinner. All of my guests gave me very positive feedback at the end of the day. But of course it also depends on how you want your dream wedding to be like e.g. I hired a live band.

tosamtan

Hi JT

Need a favour from you... can you please provide an update on the food quality once you have gone for your food tasting please? Cos I'm considering The Legends too. BTW, is yours a sit-down dinner or buffet spread? Thank you

ladyvodka

heard from my coordinator that the ballroom will be under reno during july to aug. no idea on the design as im holding it at the marquee.

tosamtan

Hi JT

Just to give you a heads up... I was there last evening to peek at the venue and coincidentally there was a wedding at the Marquee. The effect is not too bad cos of the fairy lights. But personally, I was rather disappointed with the decors provided. In fact, I feel the centrepiece on the guests' tables is rather pathetic looking. I think last night's wedding theme is Garden. Also, I observed that the table cloths provided for the cocktail tables look rather old and "dirty" cos the colour is faded. Maybe you can scrutinise these areas. I plan on getting my own decor people to do up the place cos I feel ambience plays a big part.

ladyvodka

Back from food tasting, just to share my opinion of the food:

Five Treasure Combination

Roasted Duck, Topshell with Thai Sauce, Dee Fried Prawn Roll, Jellyfish with seafood, Gold Coin Barbecued Pork.
(Going to change it to suckling pig instead as the roasted duck looks little & unevenly sliced, making the layout of the cold dish pathetic overall)

Soup

Braised Shark’s Fin with Crab Meat & Dried Scallop
(quite ok only, but not the starchy type)

Seafood

Poached Live Prawn with Herbs
(sizes of prawns uneven some very big some very small, but overall the taste is ok, just have to make sure they don't overcooked it)

Vegetables

Braised Sliced Abalone, Black Mushrooms & Vegetable with Superior Oyster Sauce
(ok)

Fish

Steamed Garoupa with Superior Soya Sauce
(Fish meat is too hard, even worse than kopi tiam. Think it was frozen fish & they overcooked it.)

Meat

Deep Fried Crispy Chicken
(ok)

Rice/Noodles

Wok-Fried Rice with Assorted Meat wrapped in Lotus Leaf
(Everyone said this taste the best, the wok-fried rice has the fragrance of the lotus leaf & its not too oily)

Dessert

Chilled Cream of Sago with Mango & Pomelo.
(didn't expect this will be bad, still can see "white dots" in the dessert as the cream/milk was not blended evenly) requested to change to yam paste but they told me there'll be extra charges)

quite disappointed overall, made us wait for more than half hour to have the food serve. coordinator also din come to check with us to see hows the food tasting went.

roomfulofstars

Hi, posting on behalf of a friend.

Open date Legends at Fort Canning. She signed during the show so plenty of good perks. Transfer price (originally at $6K) negotiable.

Reason for letting go: have to postpone but cannot fix a date at this point.

If interested, please email [email protected]

ladyvodka

For info, my coordinator informed me that there wont be any aircondition installed for the marquee.
Also there will be no more marquee from next year onwards, as its no longer selling..
Realised standard from the legends is dropping unlike previous good feedback about them.

tosamtan

Hi JT

Who is your co-ordinator? If there's no marquee from next year onwards, what will happen to the bookings? Cos I already locked in a date with them.

blackcanary

Hi Samamtha,

Just confirmed with my coordinator that the marquee will be removed from 1 April 2011. All banquets before 1 April 2011 will still have the marquee. When is your banquet?

ladyvodka

Samantha mine is Adrian. Even for the hotel room stay previously i was told it will be ready in May, then postpone to Oct, now i saw it was posted in singapore hotels that it will only be ready in Nov..

jean07

Hi,

So there will not be any marquee? Cos from their 2011/2012 wedding dinner package they sent me, there seem to be still have marquee?

malibu15

hello! any update on this?
because im interested to have my wedding in the marquee in 2012.
and the website doesnt show anything?

thank you

ladyvodka

Yup, thats what my coordinator told me when i held my wedding at the marquee earlier this yr.
I guess their pkg list tat they showed was the old copy & was not amended. You can drop a email to them to check on this.

jonx

Hi Malibu and all who are holding your wedding here,

I suggest you ensure that whatever is agreed beforehand actually comes to pass on the actual day. Best if you have everything in black and white.

Hi all, I'm looking at the Legends ballroom in the new Hotel Fort Canning. Seems that it's so new that no one has had any experience there. Anyone been there? Pictures or comments to share?

yijing82

I'm currently in discussion to hold a wedding lunch in Hotel Fort Canning in Dec 2011.

This is some information for the rest of the brides-to-be.

The marquee will be tear down by Apr 2011 as per NEA rules as NEA ruled that it does not belongs to HFC.

The Legend ballroom is not new although HFC is new. The rooms are new & has an open concept. there's still works ongoing now & thus there's some problems of using the open concept rooms for now. but it will probably be better by end-of-yr.

on the other hand, the Jasmine rooms & the Living rooms (small area for ROM or 8 tables sitting...) are really pretty and the promised water fountains outside will add onto the view from these rooms.

sign before or during the wedding open house & you get an additional night's stay which you can convert into a seperate room if you have guests to house.

yvetteteo

Hello all,

I'm a 2013 btb (super kiasu, book the venue 2years in advance) and my wedding venue will be at HFC Legends Ballroom.
Let's all make this thread lively
happy.gif

bingqiling

Yvette...

I am another kiasu BTB. Went down yesterday on the wedding show and booked the Legends ballroom as well. =)

Did you manage to get extra perk other than listed on the booklet?

Who is your planner?

Must share more. =)

bingqiling

Btw, what feeling HFC give me so you choose it? Cos from the forum, it seems like this thread is not very active and not many people mentioned about it. I am really worried that my guests will think it is not really supreme that kind of feeling.

yvetteteo

bingqiling,
my coordinator is Maggie, i think she is rather responsible and well-versed in her work. When i went for the first time to view the hotel room, i brought along a group of friends who are also getting married. They bombarded her with questions and she managed to provide answers for all. My friends who went with us all agreed that the hotel is not bad and price is reasonable.
We are entitled to the extra perks as long as we booked by 3 April 2011 so yea, we got it.

I went for a few hotels hopping that's within my budget but feel in love with HFC immediately when I saw it. I like the reception area and the exclusive feel that it's at the "hilltop". I think cause hfc is new, the decor is more modern. The only cons about hfc is that the ballroom is relatively long and i'm worried that my guests who are seating near the door might not be able to see clearly. But since there is live-feed (and i most probably place my parents' friends who i'm not close with there), i think it should be alright. And i don't really like the ballroom lights too - hope by then they will renovate and change it. Hahaha

The next on my list were Crowne plaza (but the ballroom not really enough to accomodate and relatively "far away", also not really good to hold outdoor solemnization due to the noise) and Furama (but need minimum 35tables which I don't think i am able to, besides i think this is really common hotel for ppl to hold wedding which i dun really like)
So after weighing all, i have decided to go ahead with hfc
happy.gif

bingqiling

Yvette

I am so glad that you respond to me =) How many tables do you have? Mine is 25 tables.

My coordinator is KongWeng. Kinda disappointed and felt upset with him. When I was happily posted the previous comment just to find out that the date we chose on 3 Apr during the open house is taken.

Well, upon placing the deposit, he checked and told us its available. =( Personally, I feel that there is other couple who has more table than us and choose the same date as us. And the hotel want to get bigger fish.

So I have to look for other venue. =(

yvetteteo

bingqiling

omg, that is really sad to hear. I thought they will take the book and write down the date was taken etc?
what bout the deposit you paid?

Don't be dishearten, there might be other hotel that suits you more than hfc
happy.gif

What other hotels are in your list?