Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

lkf

absolut curant

glad to noe tat ur dinner is a success. i wld think tat coordination from the hotel staff is impt, esp when the couple wld be very nervous n excited on their big day. from your posting, i noe i am in safe hands.

did u got the suite on the higher floors? thanks for sharing.

absolut_curant

Hi lkf,

I managed to get my suite on the top floor (8th) which is the same flr as the pool
happy.gif

hi Gourmet,

I have 38 tables. Yes some of them are blocked by the pillars (can't really remember how many) but still think short aisle will provide a better view.

G

gourmet

thanks absolut curant..

glad to hear that your wedding is a success.. it will at least make us feel more assured..

sorry for the trouble, care to share the names of your dishes...
happy.gif

absolut_curant

Hi Gourmet, here are my dishes:-

But I can't remember the exact name..

1) Cold dish
2) Sharks fin with crabmeat and shredded chicken
3) Double braised kind of mushroom with vegetables something like that
4) Steamed sea bass in nonya style
5) Crispy chicken
6) Deep fried egg noodle
7) Drunken live prawns
8) Yam paste with gingko nuts

pink_grapefruit

Hi all,

anyone would like to share how HIPV do the first dish presentation, which song is used? we r considering if we want the first dish presentation or not.

absolut_curant

Hi pink_grapefruit,

For our first dish, the waiters and waitresses stand on the stage and some below the stage and it took quite long to serve. The song is up to you to choose.

serene

Hi All,
Mind if I join in ...disappear for awhile cos busy with hse renovation and photot-taking
My wedding is in Oct03 this yr, Anyone having it in Oct also
happy.gif
??
Hmm..I just collected my wedding card (for printing yesterday).
Can I check with the ex-HIPV brides, did you all use the printer recommended by HIPV. I was thinking of using inserts rather than printing on the cards cos save $.

What else to prepare besides printing cards and selecting songs? I will not be having my food tasting cos I use it to off-set my actual day since everyone commented that the food id great
happy.gif

Seemed like I have alot of things not done..plus hse not fully done up...
Getting tired before the wedding...

pooh

Hi Serene,
i use Hi tech for my cards printing. Mine is hot stamping. Agree that the inserts are cheaper. For me my granny wan hot stamping so no choice.

Other things to prepare are things like guest list, table setup. Regarding ur banquet things the wedding consultant will give u a check list so dun worry.

yan

Good morning

Serene, I am also deciding between inserts and hot stamping. As the card has 3 parts, I don't know if the inserts should be printed and folded in 3 parts or 2 parts. Find it a bit difficult to arrange. So I thought hot stamping is better since I don't have this problem. Any other suggestions?

absolut_curant, Happy to hear that your wedding was great! It really makes me feel confident of the hotel.

pink_grapefruit, I am also searching of song for first dish and march in. Any recommendation? Do you all intend to have your own music for the whole dinner?

seraphim1970

Hi Serene, I had inserts instead of hot-stamping on my wedding cards. The cards were red, the insert I used was pink with red wordings, came out nicely.

Hi Yan, for my first dish presentation at HIPV, the hotel provided a few songs and my hubby chose one of them, for the rest of the evening, I used my own music cos I wanted a latin (bossa nova) jazz theme.

absolut_curant

Hi Yan,

Yes for my friend who had his wedding at Apollo, the wedding card is also 3 part and he printed on a 3-part insert.
What he did was to slit 2 openings on both sides at the centre, and use a wide ribbon to put across the insert. The bow will be on the front of the card. Quite nice lah but abit ley chey. Else you can use silver strings to tie like those song books

pink_grapefruit

Hi yan,
i will ask eugenia for her song collection for first dish. As for march-in, yesterday i asked my friend to source for me. 1 thing less to do. Wait for her to recommend me then i can recommend you. hehe! Will be asking her to help with sourcing for music during the dinner too. Alternatively, you can ask eugenia for help.

A question to the rest:
must we confirm the actual number of table before collecting the invitation cards from them?

absolut_curant

Hi Pink_grapefruit,

You don't have to confirm the actual number of table. They will based the % of cards on the tables that you initially book with them.

serene

Hi Yan,
heee...now you mentioned it..then I realised the card got 3 portion..maybe will ask the printing company to recommend. So are you using the printer recommended by HIPV or sourcing for own?

Hi Seraphim1970,
thanks for the suggestion..can consider use pink inserts for the red cards
happy.gif

Hi Pink_grapefruit,
I just collected my cards from Eugenia, just let her know how many cards you want..she will give additional 5 cards each color
happy.gif

Now also trying to source for my walk-in songs..

seraphim1970

Hi Serene, you're welcome, I just share share what I did lah ... heh heh, I chose the red card with the 2 chinese dolls infront, when I brought it to my uncle's printing company, he suggested the inserts cos he said that direct printing would not be as clear and nice cos of the contrast between gold and red.

The songs I used: -

1st March-in
'I love you for sentimental reasons' by Laura Fygi

2nd March-in
'Unforgettable' by Natalie Cole

Champagne pouring
'S'Wonderful' by Diana Krall

Wedding couple dancing
'If this world were mine' by Luther Vandross & Cheryl Lynn

As for songs during the dinner, I used: -

Bossa Nova - Soothing sounds of Brazil CD 1 and 2
Ono Lisa Best 1997-2001
Bebel Gilberto - Tanto Tempo

Happy wedding preparations to you and the other ladies!!!

A

at

Hi

I'm new in this forum. I'm interested to find out more details about HIPV wedding package. May I know the contact person and email address from HIPV?

Thanks

yvonne

Hi AT,

The HIPV package is already sent to you. Actually, the prices for the package are good attractive. I have not view the ballroom yet. There are some ppl who comment that the ballroom is old and I think it depends on individual. You can always call the consultant and make an appointment with her, probably september as there is no wedding on-going this month. Enjoy your weekend.

A

at

Hi Yvonne

I've received your email. Thanks a lot!
Wow, the set-up for the ballroom looks great from the pix.
Yup, the price is reasonable and is within my budget. I'll discuss with my hubby first.
Most probably, I'll contact the consultant and make an appointment with her.
Doing renovation for my house at punggol now!

Enjoy your weekend, too!

Cheers
Doggy

seraphim1970

The Crystal Ballroom looks great actually especially with the chandeliers, very grand looking. They have another smaller ballroom on the basement next to Tandoor Restaurant which I heard was renovated end of last year.

Big recommendation AT(doggy), you will love the place, the wonderful services and yummy food they provide, till this day my consultant, Eugenia Gn and I are still great buddies till today!

pink_grapefruit

Hi AT,
really recommend u to go down n view their ballroom. Best time is when there's a wedding setup. It's really pretty! We booked HIPV cos of the chandeliers! Eugenia is very proactive, she will call u to confirm details. Suit people like me who prefer to receive calls than to call. :p

A

at

Hi Seraphim 1970 and pink grapefruit,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Wow, I'm really excited to take a look at the Crystal Ballroom, but need to wait for my hubby's return from business trip!

By the way, is there a LONG march-in for this ballroom?

As for the menu, any good recommendations as to what dishes are yummy? We're pretty health conscious and prefer STEAMED dishes....

Cheers
Doggy

seraphim1970

I did the long march for mine. My wedding was last Sept so I am not sure if there are any changes in their makan. I am currently not in Singapore and have no access to the menu, I think most of the dishes are steamed, however they were yummy according to my family and friends.

pink_grapefruit

Hi AT,
they have both the long and short march in. More tables will be blocked for long one though. We still have not decided which one to take. Have a nice time viewing around!

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Seraphim1970,
i'm considering whether to take the long or short aisle, but i'm afraid that the pillars will block the view for some tables.
Any feebacks fm ur guests that their view are not so good?

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Seraphim1970,
would like to check u, are there any feedback fm ur guest seated near the pillar that they are blocked and cun c the stage?
I'm considering btw the long and short aisle, cun make up my mind at tis point of time.

serene

Hi Seraphim1970,

Which wedding favours you chose? Chopsticks or chocolates or a mix?

So fast..another 11 weeks to my wedding.

seraphim1970

Hi Sept 03 Bride, non of my guests complained about the pillars blocking their views maybe because I had only 20 tables and had alot of space for them to place the tables.

Hey serene, I chose the chopsticks cos it was new during the time I got married. Chopsticks seems more meaningful, 'kuai zi' - have son fast & 'xuang xuang dui dui' - double double pair pair. Sorry ah, my chinese is whacked, now living in US, even worse ... hahahaha.

Happy preparations girls!

* Did Eugenia ever mentioned about a singing bridegroom? If you have heard from her about it, that is my hubby! ... ha ha

chenoa

Hello Seraphim,
Do you have any of your wedding dinner photo that you can share with us to see your wedding setup?

Maybe Serene and other current brides with HIPV can answrer my next question:
how many themes do they have? Thought that the pics showed a rather dull decor.

orchid

Hi,

There's only the chinese theme or the western theme. you can choose the table cloth - whether you want table cloth with runner, or without, beige or with patterns. u can also choose whether you want the VIP tbl to have red tbl cloth and chairs with white covers and gold ribbon bow or normal beige.

Generally, the long aisle will have more blocked seats than the short aisle. we had the short aisle cos only abt 2-3 seats were blocked by the pillars. it wasn't too bad.

My wedding favors were chopsticks. we actually took out all the packaging and tied customised ribbons around the chopsticks - the ribbons had our names & wedding date on them. more unique i guess. also more meaningful than chocolates.

orchid

oh, forgot to add..

i also had tables with 11 settings and quite a few tables with baby chairs - no extra charge. those with 11 settings are the groups where there's 11 ppl and can't put 1 in a different tbl; or 3 families - 4 in one, 4 in another and 3 in the 3rd family.

need to inform the banquet coordinator at least 3 days before the actual dinner. so which table has 11 settings, which table needs baby chair. etc.

absolut_curant

Hi Sept03, my guests do complain of blocked view because i hv 38 tables. If u do not hv so much then no worries. Remember to ask the emcee to really talk loudly. My guests at the back can't hear a thing although we can hear it loud and clear.

Agree that the ballroom is really nice for a 4-star hotel like Holiday Inn. A lot of nice remarks from my guests on the food and decor.

freesia

Hi Ladies
Want to ask Seraphim1970, are you still able to walk around with 38 tables in place?

Also, did you all bring in any wine or liquor?

bear

Hi Freesia

I had my wedding this year March, i had abt 40 tables

yes, to help Seraphim 1970 to answer her question, u be able to walk around with 38 tables, Though a bit squeezy....

I brought in my wine and liquor to the ballroom

absolut_curant

Hi Freesia,

Seraphim didn't hv 38 tables, I had
happy.gif
Yes you are still able to walk around, no problems. Dun get too many people to do table to table with you, just parents if possible.

I also brought in my wine and liquor... left alot.. wasted so now my hubby and I have alot of drinking parties at home
happy.gif

seraphim1970

Hi Freesia, I had only 20 tables which is why we had alot of playing space. Since my hubby is a foreigner, we didn't need so many tables.

Yeps, we brought in our own wine and liquor too, anyway people tends to drink more wine now especially red ones.

chenoa

Hi Orchid and Seraphim,

Thanks for sharing the photos and information on arranging the guests. Did any of you had muslim and vegetarian guests? How much to pay per pax (approx.) on top of per table charge if I were to seat them together with my "normal" guests?

The ceiling is not as low as i thought.
happy.gif
quite wonderful, though a pity they don't have theme setup. During the first meeting with Eugenia, would she show pictures of the various setup they have done before?

Seraphim, i agree that the ballroom looked spacious with 20 tables. Still, two tables were blocked? Can't they forgo the space behind the column and squeeze the tables nearer the front? I'm looking at about 25 tables. Any idea if i can avoid having blockage by the pillars?

Orchid, where did you get your customised ribbons with printed names? R they X? Is the standard packaging by HIPV as Seraphim's photo?