Hilton Hotel

sk2

hi sun96,
thanks for the update.
Yes, he will reach my place ard 8am and we shd head straight y 9am and 10am solmz follow by tea for both side and lunch

summerala

Is the ballroom in Hilton pillarless.... becoz i attended my graduation there few yrs ago... can't rem whether it is a ballroom or just a function room... just know that there 's a few pillars blocking my view.... and i think the food that is not that great...

icechoco

summerala,
The Grand ballroom is not pillarless. There are 3 pillars. However, the function room next to the Grand ballroom is pillarless. You can arrange the tables in such a way that it doesn't block the view. Food wise, i had my wedding already and my guests commented that it was very good. I find it value for money. If i have the chance one day, i would like to have my anniversary there again. Maybe one day, i would even plan my parent's Gold anniversary there.

sk2

hi summerala,
i was told tat there are 2 cameras that will project what is happening on the stage so tat none of ur guest will miss wat happen.

sun96

hi summerala
254664.gif
w SK2, there r 2 cameras capturing n projecting wat happening on e stage so dun worry abt it...

food wise, so far no negative feedback fr my frenzs or forum users who had attended wedding @ hilton... they commented portion is huge n tasty...

btw, when's yr AD?? u oso interested in hilton ballrm as well??

young_bride

Hi,

I'm also a Hilton bride. My AD is in May '05. I'm taking the grand ballroom.

Just wanna check if we need to prepare for the slides shown in the LCD TV @ the reception area.

Hi Faith,
I seen the ballroom set up in Garden theme before. It has a mini fountain in the centre of the stage. However, as the flowers deco along the aisle is concentrated at the bottom, the whole deco seems a bit too empty.

I had originally wanted the garden deco, but after viewing it, I changed my mind. Already told June that I want to meet up wif the florist to discuss about other deco styles.

sun96

hi theresa

254925.gif
aboard!! May i noe yr AD & nbr of tables so i can update to e table...

i rem june did mentioned tat only few slides will be repeated showing on e LCD TV @ e reception area, mayb u wanna chk w her in details... n let me noe too...
254926.gif

u r now tinking of which theme for yr ballrm, right? btw, how many theme r available for us to choose huh? for e ballrm deco u'll be discussing direct w e florist instead? not thru' june meh?

sk2

sun96,
you havent tell me how do u update your information table to be so small and tidy. Can teach me?

rosewood

I have just met June last week and she told me that the format for the LCD screen can be any typical pc format like powerpoint slide or jpg files.Yes, we need to prepare them.

young_bride

Hi Rosewood,

Thx for the information. I'll get my FH to do the slides up. Tat's his project..hee..hee...

Hi Sun96,
My AD is 14 May '05. I have about 30 tables.

We can have a choice of 3 themes for the ballroom deco. Red roses theme/garden theme/white & beige roses theme.

Yup. I voiced out my concerns with June about the deco, n she suggested telling the florist to meet me in the hotel when I'm there for food tasting.

sun96

<table border=1><tr><td><font size="-2">Wedding Date</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Nick</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Venue</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">No. of Tables</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Co-ordinator</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">14/05/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">theresa</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">11/09/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">nes</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">48</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">01/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">sadnil</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Inn of Happiness</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">20</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">stars</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">38-40</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">10/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">dodo</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">25/10/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">rosewood</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">28-30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">06/11/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">sun96</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30-35</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">26/11/05</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">akemi15</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Vista Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">20-22</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">08/01/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">SK2</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30-36</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font size="-2">19/02/06</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">rainne</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Hilton Hotel</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">Grand Ballroom</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">30</font></TD><TD><font size="-2">June</font></td></tr></table>

sun96

hi rosewood

did june mentioned any size limit for e file to be display on e LCD?

hi theresa

ic, u'll be having yr food tasting soon? did u view e actual layout for e 3 themes??

sun96

hi SK2

i've tried to PM u but u didn't enable yr PM...
can u enable yr PM or u prefer me to send via email? let me noe,
255153.gif

rosewood

Hi Sun96,

No leh, she didnt say. I assume LCD TV is like like our normal monitor display. "What you see is wht you get" . The strange thing is that I have been to the vista room for quite a number of time ,and I have never seen any PC. Maybe we let Theresa to enlighten us when her turn comes
happy.gif

young_bride

Hi Rosewood,

The LCD TV is at the reception area, outside the function room

Hi Sun96,

I've not viewed all 3 themes, only saw the Garden theme. Will let u know if I managed to find out more.

jozy

how is the new themes like now? The garden one nice not?

If discuss with florist, then must we pay additional fee?

young_bride

Hi Rainne,

I personally dun favor the garden theme...but it all depends on individual. It's not very lush, thus u get the kind of "empty" feeling...

Dunno if e need to top up for the deco, I'll talk to the florist first &amp; let u all know...

sun96

hi cadaryne

yr banquet is at hilton?? june most likely will tell u some vdr's contact who they work w for printing ba...

sun96

hi theresa
must update us aft yr meet up w e florist on e theme n any additional fee for any add on of flowers etc...
255295.gif

jozy

Hi Sun,

Not yet ah, I have yet to choose which BS, coz I'm busy preparing my ROM this May first....
Then after that house renovation....

Perhaps will shop around later part of the year or so.

sun96

hi cadaryne

i get to noe tis vdr in AMK fr SB forum tat their rate r quite reasonable but dun noe where i've noted down... i'll try to find n let u noe

sun96

hi rainne

ic... where's yr venue for yr solemz?? at ROM??
now u r busy preparing yr ROM dress, wedding band, MUA, bouquet etc etc... rite??

btw, where's yr lovenest?
255544.gif

jozy

Hi Sun,

My Rom is on weekend, so have to hold it outside Registry. Am having ROm at Hilton also lor..last minute find.

I am now searching for ROM dress lor, then have to finalise wedding bands by this month...

My lovenest is at kallang. ; )

elinwokk

Funny how people marrying in 2006 are already meeting with coordinators?! Must be very kan cheong ba?

Anyway another friend of mine has gone into Hilton to check out their packages and once again the feedback was June was a very rude person to deal with. This woman is absolutely unprofessional. Apparently, my fren had made an appt and June was no where in sight when they arrived. Making instd her assistant to show my fren ard. This is despite having made the appt 3 weeks ago. The assistant didnt seem to know much either. Then a few days later, my friend emails to enquire about some details which she was not sure on and June doesnt respond?!

And this is Hilton for you?? Gosh!!

summerala

hi

Thanks for letting me know that Hilton actually has so many positive feedbacks.... Me still planning my AD with Bf... tinking of either mid or end of next yr.

am considering Hilton ballroom becoz find the place to be quite posh..and their weekday rate is quite reasonable...just worried about the food...

just wondering.. how long in advance do you ppl actully book the date for your banquet with the hotel? is anyone of you having your solemnisation at the same time as well

elinwokk

I think summerala, feedback is only feedback at the end of the day. you will hve to personally meet the personel to know if its positive or not. if during your graduation the food was not so great. you'd better be certain you are okay with food stds this time as this is your wedding banquet, once in a lifetime, yah

sun96

hi rainne

ic, u mean Registry close on sat &amp; sun?

which part of hilton u holding e solemnz? at e ballrm? or by its poolside?

u can hv a look at Allure Charix @ tanjong pagar for their dresses... i find their design quite nice n trendy...

hope u can find something u lyk!!!

sun96

hi summerala

when's yr AD?? 2006? well, if u hv fix yr AD n find e venue u lyk, u can cfm immediately... u can make e booking in a yr or more than tat...

as for me, i cfm my banquet w hilton one yr earlier... sort of KS but u'll feel much relieved once u've cfm... at least one of e main stuff settled n u can source for yr BS, AD photographer, videographer etc etc...

my solemnz was over last yr so am not having 2gether on my AD...

icechoco

hi sun96,
think you got the wrong person.
biggrin.gif
I had my wedding last year in 2004. It's over already. I actually had my dinner at the Grand Ballroom and my tea ceremony in hilton as well. I don't know what are the new themes this year. But i think all their decor is nice including their wedding favours. I had a marquee at my stage. Becoz i cannot have an outdoor wedding, so having a marquee at the stage was pleasant thing for me. Regarding the LCD display outside of the ballroom, i did a powerpoint slides of my wedding photos and some instructions regarding my wedding. The 2 big projectors were also used to show actual projection on stage when we're on the stage.
Elin Wokk,
i don't know really know about the exact story of miscommunication your friend had with June. However, i can tell you that June is NOT rude and she is in fact a VERY NICE person. She even attended to all my needs even right up to my wedding night. She was there to check to ensure everything is well prepared before my dinner. And she is very professional in handling matters. Don't forget hilton is regarded as more towards business hotel. All the staffs in hilton were great in providing their service especially not knowing what is going to happen during my wedding. So they were professional in handling matters. They still provided me with after service even after my wedding dinner.
Summerala,
Not to worry, during the food tasting, you will be given a paper to write down feedback. On that paper, you can write down anything what you feel is lacking or wish to add in a particular dish of your menu. The chef will take note when he cooked up that feast during your wedding dinner. Don't worry, they will do their best. I actually also had hilton baked my wedding cake. And i can tell you it's one out of the ordinary. So, i guess, the pastry chef must have been pulling his hair out to bake my cake.
ok.. talk so much, now i feel like having their cakes. Will probably dragged my hubby this weekend to have their cakes.
proud.gif

jozy

Hi sun

yap, from April onwards right, they are operating on 5 day work week, so no longer open for solemnisation for Sats liao.

Am having it in a function room. Prefer air-con leh, given the heatwave recently. Aiyo.

How much does allure charix charges for their dress?

sun96

hi SK2
u got
255851.gif

hi elin

no harm for pple to get prepare n noe more stuffs for their wedding ma... anyway, start early is always safer n u hv more time to play w...
255852.gif

mayb june last min has something important tat need her attendance so tat's y she can't attend to yr frenz... who's e co-ordinator tat attend to yr frenz? is it jac? i tink she's w hilton for quite some time so she should be quite familiar w everything ba...

u can ask yr frenz to call up june to clarify her enquries... i did called june on wed to chk w her on my banquet stuff, she ans all my queries so i dun really tink her attitude was 'rude' ba...

btw, which banquet hv u cfm w?

sun96

hi rainne

ic... thks for e info...

i've been there to browse &amp; try on their WG n EG... e pricing for WG is btw $399 - $599 as for their EG is fr $299 - $499 (not sure, e pricing still remain coz i went last yr) depend e details on those gowns... as for their teadress/ROM dress, i'm not quite sure lei...
suggest u drop by to hv a look, staffs there r very attentive n friendly...

sun96

hi cadaryne

You can contact Hi-Tech at 64589455.
And i think their address is: AMK Techplace 1 #03-01/02
M-F : 9-5.30 Sat: 9-12

u can call them to confirm the address n chk out their rates too...

sun96

hi ic

wat u chose as yr wedding favour?? wat flower u use for yr marquee?? u hv pic of tat to show me?? or can i view yr AD fotos if u dun mind??

how many tables u hv? u choose long or short march in huh?? if i choose long march in, some of e tables need to arrange in e way tat it'll be block by e pillar... as for e short march in, tables can be arrange no blockage but i tink a bit 'short' lor, not shiok lei...
255896.gif

pai seh to 'bomb' u so many qns... ke ke

elinwokk

early by one year? wah but then you sure started early in the forum hor? *lol* anyway, long ago when i tried to consider hilton, i rem ringing and ringing and getting voicemails all the time. front desk even ended up giving me the wedding line to try directly in the end bec they also were clueless on whatsgoin on.

i read in a few threads before this many other genuine couples were unhappy with the food &amp; the response time of June. proven so by my fren who in her original intent had considered hilton.

i spoke wth june TWICE myself and on each occassion (called at least 6 times then got her once) she was curt and sounded impatient.

keeping a fair mind, when my fren wanted to do hilton for their banquet i even directed her to person in charge. still, the outcome - the same. RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL.

actually i have a voice mail i kept frm her which was rude and curt. it reminds me why i am not considering hilton for any of my functions now.

actually i find it rather weird how the hilton thread compared with other thread seem lacking in infor sharing. most hotel threads have a good share of good and bad comments, and also talk on many other stuff where couples help one another.

this thread constantly only revolves around a one person making small talk. i wonder .....

icechoco

hi sun96,
what's your email address? I'll send you the link privately.
Elin wokk,
Sorry to hear that you have to experience such things from hilton. Anyway, i experience such things as well from other hotels when i make enquiries. If not happy, then just take business elsewhere lor. No need to make an issue. What i did was since i don't want to entertain issues with vendors or come across such ugly moments while preparing for a wedding, i hired a wedding planner. Just a suggestive note to future brides. No point complaining....