Goodwood Park Hotel

conditionred

coco, can I ask if you paid any fees for copyright issues for playing march-in songs and background music for your banquet?

also for your montage, how did you handle the music for it?

thx =)

Red: nope i do not need any copyright fees. I think Seriously GWP is not very particular about this copyright thingy. Background music i used the hotel's compilation, march in music i have the original cd so not a concern for me. But i know my coordinator had told me many times the hotel is not particular.

Montage and express highlights, my VG purchases the copyright licence so no worries for me.
happy.gif

conditionred

Haha ok that's quite strange because my co-ordinator seemed quite particular about the copyright thingy =x

Thanks for your very helpful and informative reply =)

the ballroom pics are not very well taken because these were taken from friends and family. The stage pic was take after the end of the even so pls ignore the 2 VIP stands that is relocated to the foot of the stage. Just for your info, this pics are not GWP standard stage decor, these are done by my florist and not GWP's florist.

conditionred

Coco, thanks very much for sharing your pics with us. Your stage deco is very unique =) Food wise I think most of your dishes are similiar to mine so I guess the pictures you took will be what I am expecting on AD.

pqpq

Valentine: Is 250 chairs tie with ribbon & flowers = sash? Coz I thought sash is only for 2 VIP tables..

Red, for your wedding card printing, should the chinese words on the left or right of the card?

appledumpling

I had my wedding 1 day before Coco. My florist was JM florist. I am very happy with the suggestions given by Dolly. An advantage is JM has a cold room on their premises, so you can always pop by there to decide on what you want and from my experience, their flowers are fresh. Will try to upload my deco when I receive my photos from photographer.

piglet: hi there.. GW only have 2 VIP tables that have sash. i engage own florist to have the rest of the chairs tie with ribbon and flowers.

coco: thanx for sharing ur pics.
happy.gif
)

conditionred

piglet: I used Jusvy for printing of inserts and the chinese words are on the right. Do be careful to check on the wording of the inserts before giving approval for printing =)

GW pricing for banquet has increase.. AGAIN. it is getting kinda ridiculous. price keep increasing but perks never. dun even have additional stuffs or better dishes. -_-

pqpq

Thanks Red!

Valentine, recently increase again mah? The last price i know is $1268++ for wkend.. That 1268 had more variety of dishes + peking duck during recept compared to the previous.

Yes.. Now no more perks liao. Wedding show over. Last month i enquire price is 1338++. This week is 1368++ when i going to pay my deposit. They refuse to give me the cheaper package. I feel they not consistent. Rental of poolside also.. Now is 1k instead of 800... FH abit unhappy. He thinking of hyatt the gallery liao..

conditionred

I signed a contract with GWP last year and the contract states that my 2 night stay can be broken up into 2 seperate occasions (my anniversary). Now 2-3 weeks before my AD, my co-ordinator suddenlt says that the hotel no longer gives out vouchers and don't allow the 2nd day hotel stay to be consumed another night..

Written in my contract already, they can just don't honour it? 0_0 Anyway, apparently this is now "pending approval from managegent" -_-

strikingreality

A contract is a legally binding agreement between the buyer and seller and if the seller choose not to honour it, you have every right to take them to CASE or even sue them for breach of contract.

minjigirl

Hi BTBs... i have 10 carpark coupons leftover from my dinner reception held in July2011 at Goodwood Park and would like to sell it. Purchased each coupon at $4.50. Planning to sell all 10 coupons for $30 (negotiable).
The coupons are valid for use till 30Sep2011.
PM me if interested. Thanks.

conditionred

piglet, thanks very much for your well wishes!!

Wow I wanna say that last Sunday was the happiest and most action packed day of my life and happy that everything went smoothly. My banquet manager was Colin and omg he was so super duper excellent. The jiemeis dressed up as angels for 1st march in while my xiongdis were superheroes for 2nd march in and he co-ordinated everything well. He also had very good suggestions on the program (like advising us to put the morning express highlights AFTER 2nd march in instead of BEFORE so that we can enjoy it with the guests)

His timing was also excellent. My dinner manage to start at 8pm and end 10.15pm with time for table photos and mingling with friends.

My bridal suite was very near the Windsor ballroom and I booked a room for my xiongdis and the room was just across the corridor from the bridal suite so we had a lot of fun just crossing over and chit chatting while we washed up in the afternoon.

pqpq

WOW!! I'm so excited just reading how much you enjoyed your day!

Red, did you have the discussion with banquet mgr before AD or just on AD itself?

You mean your dinner ended at 10:15pm? That's very early!

conditionred

piglet:

My dinner was supposed to start at 8pm, only met the manager at 4.30pm but yet he was able to organise everything nicely. Super professional and experienced.

Ya he timed the dishes nicely such that we had time to mingle and still able to finish at 10.15pm

Here are my superhero xiongdis coming into the ballroom during the 2nd march in

1784456.jpg

pqpq

red, how long was e discussion w banquet mgr? did u haf rom prior dinner? my rom is at 6, max i'll only haf 1hr to discuss if we start discussing at 430

conditionred

piglet: Discussion I think took about 20-30 mins. My ROM was at 6 also, ROM ended at 630 so I think the manager arranged with my emcee, band and 1 xiongdi about the march in after it.

If you can request for Colin, he is super great. Even with all the stuff I had packed into the evening, he made everything go super smooth, without having me to worry. I just had to do exactly what he said and it was nothing to stress or worry about.

conditionred

piglet: Hope your wedding dinner turns out great =)

Remember to ask your AD photographer to take lots of pictures of the ballroom and deco as well as you and your guests!!

jacinthaloke

hi guys!

just had my wedding, it went great! Colin and Mei Fung was great and yes, they handled our banquet very well. Colin suggested that the morning express montage to be played only after my second march in, which was a great idea.

Guests complained that the food was too much! haha, but they enjoyed everything about the dinner.

phew and glad that it is over.

oh ya, the bridal suite, wow, it is HUGE! it is way bigger than the one which was shown during the road show.

overall, i totally enjoyed my stay!

conditionred

princessjy: I used the florist which the hotel gave me (not sure which florist to be honest), wife and I just chose what flowers we want and what colour etc and the hotel does the rest =)

jacintha: glad that you enjoyed ur wedding.. which bridal room did they give u? mine was rm 191 and the helper room (which I booked myself) was rm 164 just across the corridor so it was very fun for wife and me and our xiongdis and jiemeis to just walk across and chit chat with each other during the day time

jacinthaloke

Hi Red,

they gave me 453, the sister's room was 452 and i booked another room which is just the first room (401 or something).. and yes, it was definitely convenient.

i had my ceremony at the poolside (mayfair), things went fine, the deco was good..

Hi princessjy, actually, i feel that there is no need to get another florist or topup, with what they are offering, the qty of the flowers are really quite good! like that also save money and used it on more impt stuff.

conditionred

nykolee: Helper room is "subject to availability" and I was only told 2 days before my AD that it was available. Room use is only 2pm-7pm. So I ended up booking another room out of my own pocket.

ruoyi

My GWP contact is Rahman. Is he good? I worry he not really know what we want as he is not Chinese. Can we change? I haven't signed any contract yet.

waterbird

Hi Red, you're on last evening (14 Sep)'s Shin Min Daily News! Your wife's neighbour thought your Superheroes entourage was very interesting, so he took a photo of it and sent it to the press!

ruoyi

Can we bring home those wine provided by the hotel? Especially those unopen wine?

Who is colin n Mei fung? Sorry a bit confused here as currently Rahman is the contact person. Can I request Colin n Mei fung aft that?

appledumpling

@ ruoyi - Colin is Banquet Manager. Mei Fung is wedding coordinator, same role as Rahman. My wedding coordinator was Michelle. She is good too. Hope this helps

conditionred

amryllis: I got 1 room that lets us check in 2pm and check out next day 12pm. There was some weekend promotion so I paid less than 300sgd for it. My xiongdi who stayed overnite liked it.

waterbird: Yup I saw myself and my xiongdis in the news =) My wife and I were really excited about it haha.

nykolee

hi all,

I have got another question.

What format do u have your montage in? E.g MOV...
What format do you have your music in? E.g. AIFF

I'm asking this because my coordinator told me that their player do not run on AVI, MP3 and MP4. But still.. I do not know what format runs on their machine.

Or... did you guys simply bring along your laptop or macbook to play straight from QuickTime and iTunes?

conditionred

My advice is.. For the background music, pass them CDs.

For your video montage, bring along your own laptop and make sure it has the video codecs that can play your video clip. If you are using a Mac, let the hotel know in advanced so that they are aware and can provide you with the adaptor to connect it to their system.

nykolee

Hi Red, thanks for the advice. Just one more question. If we uses laptop/mac, do we need to get one of our friends there to play the music and video? Or the technical guy in the AV knows it all? Thanks... Sorrt for asking so many questions.

conditionred

Its ok, good to ask questions so that you have less to worry about.

Yes you need to station one of your friends near the laptop to take care of it. =)

discreed

hello all! can I ask how was the process of selecting your wedding invitation cards like? Would GWP be showing you the samples, or do you have to go down to dreamweavers to select? thanks!