Dont know how to advice my friend...

Dan B

A close friend came to me for advice but I am unsure how to help him out other then tell him to talk to a lawyer before going any further...
His wife has given birth and the boy's DNA is not his. After confronting her, she confessed that she had an affair with another man. She claims it is over and honestly did not know she was carrying his child.
My friend wants a clean divorce and does not want this love child to bear his surname or legally be recognized as his. Above all, he does not want to pay any alimony or child support since it was her adulterous actions that led to this. But the issue is that Singapore family courts operate on a no-fault divorce system and Women's Charter can deliver some unfair and unexpected consequences to the man...
Any legal professionals or anyone been through this here before? Thanks...

insecure_me

H
A close friend came to me for advice but I am unsure how to help him out other then tell him to talk to a lawyer before going any further...
His wife has given birth and the boy's DNA is not his. After confronting her, she confessed that she had an affair with another man. She claims it is over and honestly did not know she was carrying his child.
My friend wants a clean divorce and does not want this love child to bear his surname or legally be recognized as his. Above all, he does not want to pay any alimony or child support since it was her adulterous actions that led to this. But the issue is that Singapore family courts operate on a no-fault divorce system and Women's Charter can deliver some unfair and unexpected consequences to the man...
how long is your friend married? If less than 3 years can only file for seperation. In any case, seek legal advice

Infernolord

Si bei sad.. I feel him.
SG Law do not side Man. When such thing happened, any man can lost as just much as a lady. They lost their pride, time and most of all his asset and finanical saving. Start all over is easy said but can he risk again for another relationship ? The scar is there.

Si bei sad.. I feel him.
SG Law do not side Man. When such thing happened, any man can lost as just much as a lady. They lost their pride, time and most of all his asset and finanical saving. Start all over is easy said but can he risk again for another relationship ? The scar is there.

Yes, it seems like he's swindled into a marriage. He can get legal advise. But keep the dna report.