Curtains

steff

Hi Tulip,

I do not have the quotes. Give them a call. You can tell them what materials you want. They will go to your house and do measurements and then give you the quote based on the material u choose.

Hope you will call them
happy.gif

roooller

tulip,

track allowance = space needed for ur window furnishing.

that will depend on what type of furnishing u lookg at.

curtain track will need more allowance compared to roman blind.

tulip94

beside goldenleaf, Jimmy Textiles and miragebf.are there any other shops? i am hoping to get from warehouse (provide installation also)...think they should be charging cheaper since we do not need to go through middleman..please advise..

sysa

Hi tulip,

Mirage brings in their own fabrics and so is not a middleman. In fact, Mirage supplies to many shops and ID firms.

roooller

it's the same as getting contractor or ID to do ur renovation.

somehow, to me, both quoted me abt the same price.

so i chose the latter.

same goes to curtain, also depend v.much on the fabric selection.

also, i see alot of furniture during exhibition who claims they hv their own factory. but end of the day, their price seems to be market rate.

i will suggest to get a few to quote lor.

just my personal opinion.

blessed

hi yami,

i'v read so much abt Jimmy textile, n i agree their price is quite good. but I find Lucas very "disinterested" when i talk to him...gives me a feeling he doesnt want my biz. Do u encounter that?

honchin

I went to do my curtains at Your's Furnishing along River Valley road. The lady, Cheryl is very friendly and professional. Price is also very resonable. Maybe can try them.

hcp88

If anyone need to do roller blinds, i will recomand you to go to this shop at Jalan Besar, because down there you can see all kinds of blinds, me and my friends house was done by this shop. They are very professional in indoor or outdoor blinds. They are located at New World Centre #01-04 look for Patricia.

zenithlite

my hubby just got a quotation from a dunno wat curtains maker.

Quoted $680
1 set living room day n night full length
1 set mbed room day n night full length
1 bedroom night half length

rods n brackets will be using ours which are brought from ikea.

is tat ex or cheap???

preci0usm0ments

hiya blessed,

i faced the same prob as you!! after reading so many good comments on Jimmy Textile, hubby and i went over for quote last weekend.. din get the guy's name but i am quite pissed off with his attitude... he took samples for us to see.. did the calculation, showed us then walk away, go do his stuff... din sit down to explain or give much suggestion on wat we can do even when we asked..

maybe because we are not spending alot?

preci0usm0ments

on the other hand, i think tots n teens (sister company to jimmy textile, next door) is better.
Fion is much more friendly and would give suggestions when we asked her to help match the colors...

not sure abt the price difference, but i definately feel better treated and willing to spend there
happy.gif

preci0usm0ments

hiya Melodie~

u did your curtains recently? i love the purple one they displayed! ordered them right one the spot.. gives such a romantic feelin
happy.gif
i think red version will look elegant too.. will brainwash my hubby to have it made
happy.gif

melodie

hi lilacblur

yah, got them 2 weeks ago... I did panel blinds for my living rm & purple organza day and nite for my mbr.

r u talking abt the purple curtains with beadings and using 2 diff materials?
happy.gif

preci0usm0ments

err.. sorry, but i wanna ask a funny qns... are all shops having the same material?? as in if i see a nice material somewhere.. can i get that material from other shops as well??

there's one i like in a relative's hse.. but dun wanna ask where they got it :p dunno if i can get it at tots n teens :p

roooller

shellfish,

price varies alot fr the fabric chosen.
just like clothings.
even with similar design but different fabric, can cost a big diff.

unless u r comparing apple to apple.

kimmie

hi, dunno if anyone can help. I got a very competitive quotation from HM Deco at Tg Katong Complex so far the best compared with Jimmy Textiles, anyone done curtains with them can let me know their reliability and quality of work?

katherine

hi kim,

gotten a verbal quote from HM Deco before,agreed that they are quite competitive....but in the end, i tailor made from ikea instead cos they have the fabric tat i want and it's cheaper, also bough ready made from ikea
happy.gif

kimmie

hi katherine,
thanks for responding. in the end I signed up with HM Deco cos more convenient and most competitive of those firms i enquired at - they have just installed it this week - service and price pretty good.
happy.gif

lavande

Hi!! can ask for opinion?? Will it be funny if i install fabric curtain in the living and dining room, and roller blinds for all the bedrooms?

Thank you!!

chrysanne12

Hi All,

I went to Jimmy Textiles to get curtains done for my house.

Now I'm confused whether shld I use roller blinds or venetian blinds for my 3 rooms? I'm doing a full length curtains for my hall.

Can anyone give me their opinion, pl.

whiteveil

Hi all,

anyone heard or used BCH curtains before? they are located level 2 Marina Square. Appreciate any comments, thanks!

fatcat

Lavande: It doesn't matter coz living room and the rest of the rooms are seperate, i'm doing this way too .
Chrysanne: My own opinion is roller blinds are easlier to maintain, if you have maid to help all the housework, than it really doesn't matter.

lucan

Something abt JT that i got to say. Went there for quotation in jan this yr for my whole house @ $1300. Went back recently for serious comfirmation, came out to $2600!!! I almost fell off the chair. Both quotation from 2 different person...

Beware guys....

fatcat

I did 4 sets of roller blinds from Golden leaf at S$1100 and will install tomorrow, service is good, will post again after installation.

pinkbear

Hi fatcat,

My FH friends got good service and recoomendations from The Golden Leaf...care to share more who did you liaise with? and wheny you installing the curtains..?
happy.gif

Hi Lucan,

who did you liaise with..? that quote the highhigh price?I went down lst week and a gal talked to us..she was veri friendly and says pricing is negotiable leh..hmm...

fatcat

Jenny: The guy who serve me is called Jason, very nice guy, give lots of helpful suggestion, they have nice fabrics and lots of selection which i was quite surprise coz the shop looks old fashion and locate in Whompoa market, you know when i first visit the shop i feel not so comfortable and afraid they will do very old fashion stuff......Just don't judge from their look, I strongly recommand their service.

pinkbear

HI fatcat,

Hmm..seems to heard of Jason before..think my FH friends oso recommend him...

so Jason is the one who will do up all curtains for you or..?how much is your total cost?..
happy.gif

saw their website ..not bad leh..

pinkbear

Hi there,

went down to The golden leaf...tink the materials are quite nice..maybe mostly using using them for the curtains ..
happy.gif

any other comments anybody wld like to thrown in..?

bookworm

Hi Fatcat,

u mean we have to go down to their shop for the first visit?

I am deciding to go Jimmy textile and golden leaf? did u instal any roman blinds or roller blinds?

blue_genie

hi,

all my roler blinds are installed by Golden Leaf...was attended by Jeffrey for quote and installation done by Jason and him..gd service and attitude...no regrets.

pinkbear

Hi Blue Genle,

how much were you quoted..?I know there is an Eric and Jason there..

how you find the materials..?
happy.gif

can share more..thx

blue_genie

Lucan: can't remember the exact price..think its ard $860 for all my windows for roller blinds. mine is a 4 rm, 92m sq flat.

jenny: pls see my reply to Lucan abt the quote. Think Jeffrey who previously quoted me has left the company liao...the material for my roller blinds are gd i wld say at my pt of view, so far the system did not give me problems since the day it is installed. normally it takes 2 wks for them to come and install after confirmation.

interrace

Dear all,

what's the diff btw roller binds and roman blinds ?

i intend to have curtains in my living room full length and maybe blinds for my other rooms...any other cheap and good lobangs to recommend ?
they need to measure on site ? cannot measure from the floorplan rite ?

blue_genie

interrace: dunno how to describe to you the diff...can say roman blinds got gathers but roller blinds dun have when pull up...

actually it is best to measure on site, more accurate in a way...as beams might not be reflected in flr plan...this is what i feel loh

biba8169

hi interrace,

roman: using metal rods in b/w & when u draw the curtain, it'll fold in at the rod. It's in fabric & hv a softer look in the living rm. Use velco & not hooks like normal curtains(day/nite)Cons:difficulties putting back rods after watching & velco back the curtain in place.

roller: the name says it all; every inch is roll-in when u pull the blind. easy to maintain(coz not fabric type),wipe,no washing needed. no need to fix up again. neater feel.

pinkbear

Hi Blue Genie,

thanks
happy.gif

Hi Interrace,

can measure using floorplan but actual site even better loh..
happy.gif

Hi biba,

so you personally feel roller is better..?
happy.gif
so washing that time for roman one is harder means?

biba8169

hi jenny,

For maintenance & hassle free, some may opt for roller. but it depends on which area u r concern,either maintenance or e suitability to ur hse concept.

My hse concept is resort, hence roller does not match. my ID suggested roman,so we had roman blinds. if there's problem in fixing, my installer can help me.hahaha...

pinkbear

Hi gals,

yeseterday went to The Golden Leaf to make and confirm curtains..cos comments has been good so far ..oso FH colleagues made from there and got good feedback and after sales services..will install next mth..
happy.gif

PS: Eric was the guy who serves us..