Cooking Recipes as promised

yypp

hi winnie thanks for your receipes. will try those interesting ones when free.
happy.gif

blush

wow! the mooncake u gals made must be really good...poor thing, eat until sore throat....drink more water!!

winnie, i realised that i forgot to ask you for your recipes. can send to me when you are free? thanks!! [email protected]

mint

Hi winnie and sandy,
wah... both of you so on ah? make some more mooncakes... hehe! so how was it?

keruri,
must take care. like me lor, still haven't fully recover. sigh!!

keruri

thanks, Mint!
happy.gif
hope u recover soon too.

wonder what happened to Shirleybride. hee.. haven't heard from her for some time liao. hee..

binbin

hi hi ladies....i am looking for recipes for baked rice. those kind sold in swensen's e.g. chicken baked rice...anyone has pls? thanks so much in advance...
happy.gif

crayonshinchan

hi girls,

reading through the postings, i realised all of you are very hardworking pple.. cook from scratch...

hee.. i am more lazy.. I usually buy the instant mix/sauce from the supermarket.. they have a great variety now.. they have hokkien mee, hainanese chicken rice, soya sauce chicken etc... some we prepare our own chicken, others come with it...

my mother tells me tat they are not good.. cos got preservatives.. but they put no preservatives.. so what do you think? healthy to eat those long term?

blush

hi lilacz
normal vinegar is rice vinegar. it's made from fermenting rice, i think.

hi bin bin
i usually use the campbell's can soup and a bit of water, and mix with rice (cooked). top off with grated cheese before baking. erm, don't have proportions, usually agar-agar....

crayonshinchan
erm...i try to stay away from these, unless short of time...i think they contain msg, which i don't like to have in home cooking. not too sure about preservatives. but i agree that they are very convenient and foolproof. i use these when i'm cooking several items, for a bigger group of friends. so no time to do from scratch for everything!
happy.gif

binbin

hi blush....wow....good idea leh......u use the cream of mushroom? what grated cheese u use? parmesan? so perhaps i can also add roasted chicken or stuff right? hehehheee....and how long u baked at at what heat ah? never baked rice before...thanks so much!!!

blush

hi lilacz
no problem!

hi binbin
i have parmesan at home (for pasta topping), so i usually use that. but if you want, can use mozerella (er, dunno how to spell). this will give you a sticky, chewy cheese. nicer.
use cream of mushroom or cream of chicken depending on your taste. personally, i prefer cream of mushroom. don't really like the canned chicken taste.
i use the grill function and just grill until cheese looks golden brown. hehe, agar-agar one. erm...estimate 20 mins? but just keep an eye on it hor! it's my easy-to-cook, one dish meal....
happy.gif

if you add chicken in, slice it thin, so that it will cook. cos everything else is cooked already...

binbin

hi blush, thanks!
happy.gif
yep i have mozzarella cheese too, so wondering which one is better.
happy.gif
hehehee....i was thinking of perhaps grilling the chicken first, or frying it....then put it in....hmmm......it'll be fun! agar agar how much of the campbell can do you use for one pax? prob 1/3 of the can right? hehhehee...thanks!

hippie

hi there,
sorry to butt in..

i jus like to share my version of baked rice. I used the canned chicken meat (oredi cooked) & drained out the water, arranged them on the cooked rice. Then i thawed some frozen brocoli & put them on the rice too. If sometimes i'm not lazy, i will put in some sliced button mushrooms too.
After tat, mix in the can of mushroom soup (i usuually used the whole small can for 2 pax), sprinkle some grated cheese on it, then bake for abt 20 mins loh. If u prefer it to be more browned, leave it longer but monitor it to prevent getting burnt.
Baked rice is real easy & yummy, tats y i like to cook this. Enjoy!

lilacz

Sorry that i have "copied" the chicken baked rice recipe too.:p Cuz when i tried cooking it, i need to bake it for 1.5hrs!Is it cuz i cover it with foil in the oven and i baked at too low a temperature?I baked at 350F and i did add water to the soup so its abit bland.Do i need to add anything to the soup at all cuz its all lumpy...

Another question, if i want to cook salmon in the morning, should i thaw it in the fridge compartment the night before?Will this spoil the salmon?

Thanks alot for anyone's help!

blush

bin bin
i usually decide how much rice i want, then mix in the soup until looks about right....it's really up to you...
happy.gif

lilacz
yup, i think you don't have to cover with foil. i usually leave it open, so that the cheese will brown nicely. add just a bit of water, so that the soup is not so stiff, but not until it's like mushroom soup. how much did you add? mash the soup and water together, until the lumps go away (more or less, won't be 100%). also, you can raise the temperature slightly. you are baking at 170C. i usually use about 220C. it should take maybe 20 mins to half an hour?

lilacz

Hi Blush,

First time i added one can of water and its too watery, second time i added half can of milk instead of water but too bland.I added in abit of salt too, did you?I will try baking at higher temp without the foil.Last time i din know took so long, me and hubby was soooo hungry waiting for it to be ready!
happy.gif

Do u know if i can thaw salmon in the fridge compartment overnight if i cook it in the morning?

blush

ohh, one can of water is too much lah. that's like making soup...
happy.gif
use milk instead of water if you want it more creamy and thick. but i find water is sufficient, because there's still the cheese on top. and i don't usually add salt, but that's up to personal taste.

haha....i have been in your position many time before. underestimate cooking time, until starving and have to snack while cooking!!
happy.gif

salmon...i guess don't eat it raw the next day :p
it should be ok to thaw in the fridge, cos it's still reasonably cold, and you are cooking it in the morning.

lilacz

Yah lor i was actually trying to make it into soup before using it.Now that i have more info on how to perfect it, think i will try to make it again this wkend.Hope this time we dont have to starve before enjoying it!hehe.Thanks!

binbin

hi blush, thanks thanks....feel like trying it out this weekend...hehhee..thanks.
happy.gif
lilaz, thanks for sharing too, at least now i noe i dun need to add too much water, i tot i needed to hahaa...

chatterbox

Hi blush,

I tried yr version of baked rice over the wkend.... The rice become quite sticky n soggy...

Any advice? I find it too creamy and thick after adding the cream of mushroom.... Any other recipe for baked rice to share?

jellytots77

hello gals... wow think u all are really great chief... me nuts on cooking.... so pai sei....

well maybe i should come in here more often to ask professional advise ya...

hmm... me love to try cooking and baking... but bery lazy leh... think of the washing part... no form to really try it out...kekeke

well think by the time i getting marry i should start to cook... so my FH will love to come home and sample my food... kekeke...

well gals.... so for a beginner learner like me... wat do u think i shall start with hur... got something simple and easy or not...

jellytots77

yo chatter...ya lor come here to ask the experts ard mah... so who has receipe for me...

wow winnie... u on popular demand by the ppl down here... got nice nice receipe to share with us isit... can i also hv a copy if u dun mind... thanks... email to [email protected]

pooh_ger

hi chatterbox
so long no c u hee huh?

yo jelly,
i'm not on popular demand lah it's jus that my recipe is on popular demand lah!

Hi all
i'll be sending the recipe to all ur mail boxs shortly!

chatterbox

hi winnie,

haha.. I'm always arnd, juz secretly peeping lah.... Nothg to contribute, still brushing up my skill, need the shifu here for advice mah...
happy.gif

jellytots77

hi winnie... u are so nice... bet u must be really a good cook... hmm... me need to polish up my skills man... when i always think of the cleaning part... really put me off... kekeke.... so u hv been happily married for how long... ur HB is a SINFU man.... think my FH will envy one... kekeke.... so which part of S'pore are u staying...

i will find time to go through ur receipe... got new one remember to share with me too... even i not expert...

yo chatter... so how ur knife... polish to wat standard already hur... me so lazy will try to cook when i get marry next yr... omg...kekeke

chatterbox

yo jelly,

my ah lao "bai zha wo dao xia" liao....
whahaha.....

juz kidding..... nowadays hardly cook leh.... mostly eat out.... but is gd noe, now when I cook huh, not very nice, he also say nice. coz he sick of outside fd liao.... hahah...
"gao ciao" rite!!!

pooh_ger

Jelly,
I'm actually dat winnie in sep 2005 bride so i'll only be geting married next yr, i'm oso a sep 18 2005 bride! Does it ring a bell? I'm staying in AMK!

No problem i'll always share whenever i compile new recipe!

Btw we're having a gathering this sunday, i'll be the chef for that day so will u be interested to join? there be ppl from this forum but of diff thread!

pooh_ger

Jelly,
Sorry i missed out dis, if u wanna join can sms me for the address of our gathering location! u shld hav my no. if not can PM me for it! hope to c u ya!

jellytots77

yo chatter.... isit... hmm... my FH is the other way ard cos fm young his mum nbr cook so he use to outside food since then... then he would commend me leh... not like ur FH... dun shy lah... think u sure got standard then me one...kekeke....

yo winnie... oh... pai sei... until today then see ur post... guess got to give it a miss... nxt time remember to tell me okie... hmm... aiyo actually i nbr see any of ur reply here until today then u said u winnie then i know lah... kekeke.... wow nbr know u are sure an expert...

muppy

winnie, can share with me your recipies too? i want to impress MIL and make it seem like macam i have been cooking for long time hehe.

wah girls, you all try mooncake and tiramisu one ah? so 'gao shou' already? *gulp*...

pooh_ger

yeoh jelly,
u say until i like expert make me so paiseh i oso half past six skill only lah!

melaine,
I dun mind 2 share my recipe but u neber gimme ur email addy how to share wif u leh!

joymmt,
i'll send it 2 u when sending to melaine ok!

chatterbox

winnie - u got receipe for home-cooked food bo?
Those I got it from u previously like involve more preparation time...

BTW, got a simple recipe to share with all. I got it from my filipino colg and tried it out ytd... Friend commented very NICE
happy.gif

Cream pasta (but more like macaroni soup to me :p)
1) Macaroni
2) Chicken breast meat (for chicken stock)
3) Carrot
4) Cabbage
5) Evaporated milk
6) Salt to taste
(up to own's creative for ingredients)
- can add brocoli, hotdog, etc.....

Instruction:-
Chicken stock
1) Put chicken breast meat into a pot of boiling water. Add salt to taste.

2) Cook macaroni, drain n leave aside.

3) Remove chicken breast meat after stock is tasty. Add in cabbage n carrot. Cook until soft.

4) Shred cooked chicken breast meat.
Put the shredded meat back to the stock.

5) Add evaporated milk to stock.

6) Lastly add in the cooked macaroni.

Winnie, for the above recipe, if I wan to make the soup less watery like those cream of mushroom soup, can I juz add in cornflour mixture like wat we normally do for chinese dishes?

jellytots77

yo winnie... hmm... no need shy lah... bet u sure a better cook then me... kekeke.... so how's the gathering yesterday.... bet u all sure hv fun... so sad miss it.... nxt time sure join u all one...

wow chatter... so good hur cook macaroni yesterday ya... btw isit necessary to add the evaporate milk.... like eating slice fish bee hoon leh... kekeke...

chatterbox

jelly - is nicer with the evaporated milk... Taste a little like creamy pasta lor...

If you don't want to add, it's nice also but like normal macaroni soup lah :p
Yalor, I was cracking my brain how did she cook that, then suddenly I tot of our fish bee hoon.
And I juz tried it out, and it tasted exactly like how she cook hers
happy.gif

chatterbox

oops, forget to add somethg...

For myself, I keep the macaroni and stock separately and din not add in the evaporated milk to the stock.
Here's what I did:-
1) Heat up the wok
2) Add some butter
3) Add some garlic to butter
4) Scoop some stock to the wok
5) Add in the cooked macaroni
6) Pour some evaporated milk. (more if wan creamier)
7) Salt to taste

If u prefer less watery, thk can add in the cornflour mixture ba
proud.gif

jellytots77

opps... chatter... paisei... u are cooking pasta hur...kekekeke i thought is u are cooking macaronic soup.... opps... wow dun faint okie....