Hi, girls, will like to recommend this healthy soup to ur...Papaya fish soup
1 papaya - 900g
1 fish - 450g
(can be any fish but of cos must b fresh)
peanut - 38g
ginger - 2 slices
water (suitable amt)
1) Peel and remove seeds from papaya. cut into big pieces.
2) Remove skin and gut the fish (whole fish) or if is fillet, slices the fish.
3)Heat oil and add oil. put in ginger slicers and fry the fish until both sides turn light brown. pour in water and bring to the boil. put in papaya and peanuts. cook for 1 hour. seson with salt.
**for my, i used the lazy method, which is:
I fried the fillet fish till light brown and i throw everything (Fish, peanut, papaya, ginger)all in the slow cooker and cook for 3 hour.
mmm....it is a delicious & healthy soup. Hope ur can try.
You mentioned about some spicy recipes last night in the chatroom.
I've a recipes here on Japanese Spicy Tuna Roll.
4 cups sushi rice *rice and sweet vinegar mixture
4 sheets of nori (dried seaweed)
1 tbsp sesame seed
1/2 pound fresh raw tuna
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp togarashi (Japanese hot pepper)
1. Chop tuna and mix with mayonnaise and togarashi.
2. Put a nori sheet on top of a bamboo mat (makisu).
3. Spread the sushi rice on top of the nori sheet.
4. Sprinkle sesame seed on top of the sushi rice.
5. Place the tuna mixture lengthwise on the rice.
Roll up the bamboo mat, pressing forward to shape the sushi into a cylinder.
Press the bamboo mat firmly and remove it from the sushi.
Cut the rolled sushi into bite-sized pieces.
Hey, I have some more spicy recipes, let me compile them & I'll email to you.
Makes me drool jus looking at all the wonderful recipes here, anyone knows how to make yam cakes?
I'm not sure if that's what u call it, the type of steamed white kway with sliced chinese mushroom, dried shrimps, chinese sausages(lap-chiong).... Think it's quite simple to make, fry the ingredients then steam with the flour mixture but don't know what kinda flour to use...:-(
Just tried making this Herbal Drunken Prawn yesterday. Not bad leh. And very easy. I used the lazy method lah.
- 2 can of Chicken & Scallop Broth
- 1/2 KG of Live tiger prawns
- 1/2 cup of Whiskey or Shao Xing Jiu (Chinese Rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon of soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon of Gei Jee.
- 5 pieces of thinly sliced Dang Gwai
Marinate the live prawns with whiskey and soya sauce. Cover the bowl. Leave it to soak for 10minutes or so.
Boil the 2 cans of soup. Add one Gong of water. Add alittle salt if you want it more salty. When soup is hot put in the gei jee and dang gwai. Cook on slow fire for 15 minutes. Then turn up the fire so that it is boiling. Dump the prawns and the whiskey it was soaking in into the pot.
Cook until all prawns red. Takes bout 10 minutes... You can serve the prawns with soup. The soup is pretty delicious too.
- 10 chilli Padi
- 5 big chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- juice from 2 lime
- (Optional) lime rind
Blend all above ingredients
Serve with soya sauce/fish sauce/ little bit of stock.
Sure I'll sent you all the recipes on Spicy cooking, but still compiling, meanwhile, let me share with with one of them.
(An easy recipe but spicy & delicious)
Stir Fried Spicy Prawns:
-500g large prawns (slit along the back of
unshelled prawns to de-vein, trim off whiskers)
- 1 pcs ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
(seasoning sauce): blend together
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly grated pineapple
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
1. Heat oil in wok, add prawns & fry over high heat for 2 mins on each side or untill done. arrange neatly on a platter.
2. With remaining oil. add minced ginger & garlic, brown lightly. Pour in sauce & stir to thicken.
3. Pour sauce over prawns.
4. Granish with chopped spring onion & serve hot.
Monica, try this & let me know if you like it.