Christian Brides

mich55

SotongLet,

sent to your email
happy.gif

You got the church already?? I have not call up yet...The first 1 I call - Grace Methodist, not opening for weddings anymore:|

shilo

can bride sing praise & worship also if cannot find suitable one to lead? i personally love to sing for the Lord. pls advise
happy.gif

sparkless

Hi Ocean Claudia,

I read from a handbook sometime ago regarding Kua. It is not advisable to wear kua with dragon and phoenix motif. Got to do with some myth and legend.

As for praise and worship, you can lead if you want. i heard before the groom and bride actually led the whole worship session on their holy matrimony.

shilo

Hi Tulips,

thks for reply,. But the kua i wear is just for 30 mins for tea ceremony. would that be alright?

how many jiemei and xiongdi u have for yr wedding? seems like for christian bride we have more than usual?

dodolet

Ocean, I read somewhere that the dragon is the symbol for satan or something like tat. So better not to wear bah... Maybe u can change it for a cheongsum or a tea dress? I only have 3 JMs and 5 di xiongs (we decided that there are more to tekan and someone has to man the pig.)

Michelle, yeah I am using my own church. If yours is a popular date best to book your church too... When I was doing my booking afew of the churches I wanted was booked.

What I did was to get the list of churches and their contact number from the website (I am a methodist so i just go to the methodist churches of sg and chinese methodist churches website can liao.) and start calling them for availability, charges, size cap, how big is the reception, other restrictions and conditions we need to fullfill... etc. From there do a check list and location check on the web site before deciding the place. Hope this helps....

twinfairy, how's ur planning so far.. must be pretty well planned and executed out liao bah..

shilo

hi Sotonglet

only 8? does it include those who sing praise and worship? driver? anyone helps with changing the slide?

dodolet

Ocean, oh that one is for my gate crashing.

For church, I have 2 emcees (1 of the jm, also doing backup singing, other my guitarist), 1 panist, 1drummer (finding still cos my drummer went to fracture his arm.. >.<), 1 worship leader. 2 recept ladies(1 of the jm, the other getting my cousin), 1 backup camera man(yeah church mate helping). 1 tech/audio cum song changer (using ppt mah so ezier, also he is my buddy). Oh 1 overall church co-ord for the day.

sparkless

Hi Ocean Claudia,

I think it's either u wear the kua or don't wear the kua. The length of time u're wearing the kua doesn't make any difference.

I'm not taking the kua even though i'm cantonese. Will be taking a tea dress or cocktail tail, will see what's available.

Hi sotonglet,

On contrary, my wedding preps didnt go very smoothly. The church I want is only open for booking next year March/ April. Bridal, yup confirmed but havent got time to make deposit.

The rest, haven't really touch on it. But doing MPC now. My pastor going to spread the sessions so he can journey with us during this wedding preparation.

Oh... Sotonglet and Ocean claudia, I haven't thought about the jiemeis and xiong dis. Haven't started looking for worship team.

But i thought usually the church will have a specific person to be the AV/ sound crew, cos they know the system better.

dodolet

Oh, I am also a cantonese, but I did told my bs since day 1 i only want to wear a kua without any dragon motif. Else, I would need to have a red tea dress or cheongsam. Since my bs have none of my requirements, they gave me another WG to make up for the tea dress.

Twinfairy, Oh, which church is that, with such requirements... At least u settled ur BS, so who did u end up with???

MPC is very important and through the counselling, it allowed both of us to voice afew of our inner thoughts that we found it hard to share with each other. Now my Bf is recommending MPC to everyone he knows getting married. >.<

My wedding is in this Dec, I should have all the necessary personel by now bah.. ^^.. I am using my own church, and my buddy is the church Tech AV incharge. So I asked him to do my AV and ppt the same time... 2birds 1 stone.. ^^v

sparkless

Hi Sotonglet,

I am enquiring Faith Methodist. But I understand most churches are waiting for their new church event calendar to be out first before opening to non-members.

But it's a little unsettling even though my wedding is next year, cos we only intend to have a church wedding, no banquet. So if the church cannot confirm us, we might run into problem finding alternative.

I am going for Vaughn Tan for my gowns. So looking for pre-wedding photographer, at the same time, actual day as well.

eunicet

Hellooo! I've decided to visit this forum again...Realised it's been so active!

*Waves* Hi SotongLet! :p You're here too!

So how's everyone's planning going? My wedding is in Dec as well. Am still thinking of who's going to lead worship for that day (though I do have a 3-piece-band...)...And haven't quite decided what I want for my church deco...

jadeite

hello
happy.gif
so glad to find a community of christian sisters getting married too
happy.gif

as for the dragon kua, my view is the same as written in corinthians...if it does not affect your faith in God, then it does not hurt. but if by wearing it, you would shake other people's faith, then do not do it..

if you are not comfortable wearing it then by all means don't wear it
happy.gif

getting married in orchard road pres
happy.gif

verena

hey jadeite, i'm getting married near u...at wesley methodist church....=)

am looking for march-in songs ideas...anyone have thought of it already?

jadeite

hey verena! yup i come frm a musical background so i'm thinking of having my friends play in a string quartet.. pachelbel's canon in D... for my march-in. other songs can be Mendelssohn's Wedding March, or Wagner's Bridal Chorus. often used in church weddings. Trumpet Voluntary is also used..

dodolet

I am using stephen curtis chapman's the parent's prayer, for the marchin and ode to joy, the chorus part for the marchout. ^^.

sparkless

hi girls,

haven't come in for quite a while. see you gals have already thought of your songs. what about special item? anyone having that?

jadeite

wow... just checked out the SCC song... it's really really meaningful! i'm going to have to work it into my service somewhere :/ thank you for the info
happy.gif

potatochips

Hi, I'm new here. Can I check with you on the proceduce on church wedding?

I need recommandation for church weddding caterer as well. I have email to afew caterer but only Rasel has responed. Anyone here has past experiene with them? They seem quite popular and even has telecast on "Buffet Buffet" feature.

mich55

Hi sotongball,

got this from this forum previously:-

1. THE BRIDAL MARCH
2. WORSHIP
3. MARRIAGE VOWS AND SOLEMNISATION
4. EXCHANGE OF RINGS
5. SCRIPTURE READING
6. EXHORTATION
7. BRIDAL COUPLE'S 1ST COMMUNION
8. SIGNING OF THE REGISTER
9. BENEDICTION
10. THE WEDDING MARCH
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif

ORDER OF CEREMONY ¥—ç’ö˜.doc (22.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

potatochips

Hi Michelle,
Many thanks for your info. Appreciate it.

Jadeite
I have order CJS and stamford before. My experiene with them on my company order was:-

CJS - Late for almost 1 hour, leaving my director so pai seh. You know ang mo talk abt face value one, when I call them up to check on the delivery timing they kept saying on the way already. How can on the way for 1 hour? My colleague who recommand on their food got scolded for half an hour. Worst part is food is cold and not tasty. Won't dare to use them. Imaging if they are late for my wedding, GOSH!!! Terrible!!!

Stamford - Food so so only... Their sales person not very active in replying my enquiry. ASk me go to their website for menu and it's all inside. I think it's rude lor, personnal services importance especially it for big day sure got question right?

Anyway that's my point of view only, maybe they don't treat everyone equally. *Touchwood* for those who has book them.

dodolet

Just had my wedding last weekend. I had used Rasel both for home and church. Their sales person is nice and will help to suggest items to help in your planning.

The food and cakes are nice. The laska, ice cream puffs are the talk of the day. The vegs is abit salty for me though.

For my home, I had asked them to deliver at 12:30pm but they had come at 11:10am and the JMs had to stop the gatecrashing for the food to come in. LOL.

For my church, they had come in about 3:30 pm to 3:45pm there abouts to deliver the solemnisation table and reception table (we had requested for them) and set up the reception area for my reception at 5:45pm.

Hope this helps.

jadeite

Heya, seems like there are a lot of mixed reviews on CJS...quite worrying
sad.gif
thanks for the feedback on CJS and Stamford! I've worked with CJS before for company and school functions and never had much problem...maybe it's an on-off thing. Stamford I've only tried the food, never worked with them.

The problem is that I don't want too "Chinese" food, in the sense that I don't want the standard beehoon, mee goreng, fishballs etc... am looking for more western fare. Most of the other places offer the standard stuff. I feel that it's not so presentable at a wedding because I'm not having a dinner and the high tea is my only chance to feed my guests. Need it to look a bit more atas
happy.gif

Any suggestions?

superfly

hi jadeite, you may want to try purple sage (http://www.purplesage.com.sg). they offer quite a lot of western and fusion choices in addition to the "standard" fare. they are a little more expensive though. I've ordered from them for a few corporate functions in the past and the food is not bad.

oh btw, happy 2009 everyone!

superfly

oops, just saw from your above post that you are already aware of purple sage. can't think of any other suggestions right now, but will let you know if i think of other caterers that offer western fare
happy.gif

verena

hi all...the thread is revived..=) like Michelle, I've also shortlisted Kr*ston, Rasel, Mum's kitchen and Stamford. Went for the Kr*ston wedding fair at Hort Park couple of months ago...food's not bad. I needed to taste and see their food variety before making decision so I'm sure of the other caterers whether they have their own wedding fairs?

sparkless

Hi all Christians BTB,

Do you approach someone to do a special item during the Holy Matrimony or wait for people to volunteer? What's the practice?

I don't know if it is uncommon or even rude, ifthe bride requests someone to do a special item?

jadeite

Hi tulips,

for my case, my Bible study group always does a special item for members of the group who get married...cuz my group all can sing. In fact my group always expects to be asked to present an item. I think if you have close friends who have a talent, such as playing instruments or singing, they would be glad to do something for you. You can just ask nicely if they would like to do it and if they are not comfy then ask someone else
happy.gif

Best for a singing item, then if one or two drop out or add in, it's not much of a difference.

mich55

wildwood, think you can look out for adver in wedding magz...so far only come across Kr*ston fair leh...

Tulips, depends on your church prac ba...for me is to approach pple from worship team whom I am close with...

sparkless

my cell group people are all older than me. they all have kids, so i dun think i will trouble them.

am thinking of asking the pastor's wife, since we worked a few times together for the choir.

another question - the special item is concurrent during the signing of marriage cert?

jadeite

It's really up to you... I've had friends who had the special item before the bride walks in. Also some had the item in the middle of the ceremony, before the signing of the cert. Both reasons are because they don't want to to take the focus away from them signing the cert together.

If you want something to happen during the signing, maybe you could have someone to sing without standing up in front, so that the congregation can hear the voice + item without getting distracting from watching you and hubby sign the marriage cert.

sparkless

what about showing a photo montage during the signing?

I feel that during the signing cert period, suddenly very quiet, abit weird.

But then, I have to check with the church I'm using, not sure what's their policy and also my solemnization pastor.

poohbear80

Hi Ladies

Anyone having a church wedding and dinner banquet?

I feel the program very tight cos with the tea ceremony in the am. the church wedding in the pm and dinner in the night.

anyone has the actual program for the flow that I am having on AD? I am going crazy
sad.gif

My AD is in early August

mich55

Me...my AD is in Jun....

I havn't draft out my program yet....but I won't have the tea ceremony on AD as I having Msia wedding as well (a week before Spore AD), so all tea ceremony in Msia...

I feel that u can either have the tea ceremony when everyone is having the buffet lunch or before the wedding dinner...i must agree that not much rest lo...

wildwood

strawberry,

my AD is in dec.. also planning to have tea ceremony, church wedding and dinner all on the same day..

so far the rough plan is sounds rather hectic.. bt i doubt there's any other way of planning the program le..

dodolet

I showed a photo montage during my solemnisation and it took like 3 mins to finish my solemnisation and we have to wait for the montage to finish. I think music or some soulful solo singing will be lovely idea though....

tulips, so did u manage to get faith methodist?

blessed_1

hi, dearies..
Just to check with u gals.. do u all noe of any place where i can purchase christian art at a reasonable price? looking for paintings or some art work to hang on a very bare wall in the hall and one near entrance of home?

teng2

Hi Senja...

Do visit the following website :
http://www.breakthroughmissions.org/SVCS_bookshop.html

From website :

"Set up in June 2005, Breakthrough Art Craft &amp; Bookroom is a Social Enterprise that was set up with the provision of formal drug addicts in mind. It provides employment opportunities for our residents who have completed our programme, enabling them to reintegrate into society with greater confidence. It also helps to equip them to bear witness for God and spread the Gospel in the community.

At our store, we wholesale and retail a broad range of gifts and Christian resource such as:

- Christian Music CDs
- Life testimony VCDs
- Handicrafts
- Oil paintings
- Framed artwork among others

All profits will be channeled to the ministry work of Breakthrough Missions Singapore."

---> There are lots of choices there and at the same time, you will be contributing towards Christian drug rehab work too :) Happy choosing ya!

blessed_1

hi, sis.
i checked out their website. gr8 to knw tht e money spent goes towards a bigger n worthy cause. thanks for the link. will most likely check it out this weekend =)

pwincesssamsam

Hi all,

Need some advice here. Both my fiance and I are Christian but we don't attend a particular church regularly. We really hope that we can get solemnized by a pastor and blessings from God.

May I know if there's any JP pastor who can solemnize couple outside of church? My AD is on 15th Aug 09.

Thanks in advance! God bless!

pwincesssamsam

Hi Jadeite,

Thanks for that. I do have the list but not sure which JP is willing to NOT solemnize in their own church.

Correct me if im wrong. Most Pastor will only solemnize those who attends their church and in the church only.

Is it true?

And if i dun attend any of these churches then where can I get a Christian JP to solemnise me outside church?

*lost*.....

Thanks for your contributions!!