CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

levynn

good morning babes!!

wah, Ant... u really bought a lot of things leh. the donuts stil taste good when u brought back? like all the big bottles very heavy... your luggage not overweight ah? n hor, i thot wat is that maybe strawberry wafer thingy u brought back until i read they're your toes... alamak...

ckw1011

good morning babes

wow ant, wat a fruitful shopping trip 4 u!! eh sorry babe, so many nice pix, but the one tt caught my eye was the seafood platter, SHIOK!!! see already hungry liao p the nails look quite bad, aiyoh

schnauzie

morning babes!

ant - welcome back! wah u realli maciam shopping trip leh then u still dare to complain so much..the chocolate looks so yummy. tt time my sis came back for vacation also brought back krispy creme yummilicious. so ur toe got give u problem or not?

ur pic all look so nice until see ur toe..nearly fell off the seat.

pinkbunny

morning babes. ant, your toe looks scary leh. haha levynn, strawberry wafer!

i love krispy kreme....

today what's going on? see papers la
happy.gif

my ah ma in hospital for long time liao, since before CNY, and now she's on 100% oxygen. very scary. hope today can finish early, then can go hospital to see her. sigh...

skylar

Morning!!!

Wah lau eh.. ANT!!!!
I salute u leh.. broken nails u also take ah.. aiyoh... oouchhh.. so how is it now? still pain bor?
Ohhhh..... I MISS Darell Lea chocs!!!!
how u bring back those donuts ah? handcarry ah?

Pink,
wat happened to the news??

yongee86

ohaiyooooo...

swarmed and well buried under my work today.. super busy...

yest alr removed the nail polish n hubby help me cut away the remaining bits of the broken nail. now one of my toe is nailess...
sad.gif

lev, to think my nail is strawberry wafer is quite disgusting leh.. eeeeeee.. ur imagination damn good lor!!

lina, the seafood platter looks good rite? it is oso quite pricey.. it is meant for 2 persons to share but end up, 3 of us and yet still can't finish.

krispy kreme is marvelous but super fattening! heheh.. yup, handcarry up the plane n get the air crew to put in their fridge. darrell lea chocs r super yummy.. heheh...

pink, wat is the news? got no newspaper lah.. u tell us lah.. hope ur granny will pull thru..

btw, ask u a qn, does the black bikini look very old n aunty???

n yeah, not gg to malacca tis wkend.. coz sl*t can't make it.. whew! nxt wk alr got excuse can't make it... heheh..

ckw1011

wah biang ah pink, no time 2 c papers yet, quick juz tell us lah ~
sorry 2 hear abt ur grandma babe, hope her condition will improve. u dun feel too down abt this, ok?

ma yi, u did tried on the bikinis b4 u buy them rite? so long as u look good in them & u like them eh sai liao lor. babe, one man's meat is another man's poison.

pinkbunny

my experience with bikinis is that when you put them flat and take photos, they don't look as exciting as when you put them on

err i can't say anything thru the forum that's so work related, sorry.

my granny, i dunno yet. later will go see her

levynn

ya, Ant... agreed wif pink abt the bikini. u lie them flat only like 2D mah... u must wear, then take photo for us to see... then we can decide auntie or not... keke...

btw, me won't b ard in the afternoon. going sports day today!

skylar

Wahahaha.. okok.. Ant.. wanna see u in bikinis!
then we can tell the diff ya.. ahahah..

Levynn,
u dun bluff lah.. wat sports man?

Pink,
how ur granny is fine!

yongee86

wana see me in bikini???? join me in swimming lor! hahah..

lev, so shiok, got sports day! dun hide under the tree k..

btw, the chinese sinseh tat u toked abt last week, is she good in bone related problems???

ckw1011

poor ma yi, always hv 2 jio swimming kakis here, hehe, go skylar go, go skylar go go go!!!
btw, ma yi, wat's wrong wif ur bones?

whahahahaha, ah pink, that's a good one!

me gg 2 watch 300 tis evening. skylar, i think u'll enjoy the show as well. violence, & real blooooooody ...

pinkbunny

300? simi?

i just got another cold call.

'hello miss pink bunny, you have just won a free make over'

'can i ask how you got my number?'

'it's from your friend'

'ok, who is my friend'

'it's actually recommended by your friend'

'yes but what is my friend's name? which friend?'

'sorry but our management says we are not allowed to say'

'ok then can i not be interested?'

**CLICK**

so rude. really wonder where they get our number from!

schnauzie

levv - u so noti! must be go n see boys in shorts drool over all the muscle..

pink - hope ur granny's fine!!!

ant - if not u go swimming then ask sl*t if it is nice...maybe she right away go n buy something tt look exactly the same again

schnauzie

lina - i kep wondering y u call ant ma yi..finally realised ant = ma yi..so slow!

lina watch the show liao remember to review and give rating hor!

ah pink then u nv call back n scold her..&(&($(^$#*@_#*

skylar

Pink,
I got those too man.. u know wat before they can proceed further, i just tell them I am not keen.
whahahha..

Lina..
300 ah!! okok.. let me know ah.. nice bor
i was watching protege last nite.. kekeke.. the scene where the gal die with rats er xin lor..

anyone into Prison break?

levynn

i think nowadays no free milo for sports day leh. i go b photographer ah... think go there relak ah. this afternoon so hot somemore... then must walk ard n stay in correct position to capture shots. really stinky n smelly wif sweat after the whole thing.

ant... i'm not sure whether the sinseh good wif bone problems or not leh. or can call n ask lor.

btw, me going to watch 300 tmr evening.
happy.gif

pinkbunny

thanks for your concern babes, my granny is ok lor. she got oxygen mask on then the oxygen made her very sleepy so she was asleep most of the time i was there. her 'neighbour' very naughty. don't want to eat, then pinch and beat the doctor and misi

sch, i dun wan to call her back and waste money la! sky, i try to be nice lor cos after all they are also making a living. but sometimes they sibeh kuai lan!!!

ME INTO PRISON BREAK!!!!!! my boss lent me the VCDs. wah shiok. watched season 1 in 3-4 nights hehe. 1/2way through season 2 now
biggrin.gif

pinkbunny

howdy gal pals,

i finally tried the herbal chicken! yay! but i used chicken breasts with bones. very nice! the other 2 dishes are chilli prawn (very easy to make) and cabbage soup

462895.jpg

and this was long time ago, salmon with white wine sauce and dill + asparagus

462896.jpg

yongee86

tdy very tired.. went swimmin yest n tdy.. whole body aching man.. cooked lunch n dinner tdy.

lunch:
stir fry 4 angled beans, peanuts soup and steamed spareribs.
462960.jpg

dinner:
sambal belachan veg, peanuts soup, marmite chicken wings n ngoh hiang.
462961.jpg

dessert:
papaya soup with almond n white fungus. very good for skin supposedly..
462962.jpg

pink, the chilli prawns looks damn shiok. eh! whenever u cook spicy food, ur ah lao can take it ar? thot ang moh can't take spicy food.

schnauzie

morning babes!

ah pink - me into prison break too!!! got the dvd at home. how come got season 2??? tot not available yet??

wah nice leh..pink y ur herbal chicken don have the aluminium foil one?

ant - the dessert looks good. my mum gave me a box of white fungus..can give me recipe? eh but i don like taste of almond wat other thing can i put ah?

yongee86

ohaiyooooo...

hmmm.. seems like everyone is into prison break! i only caught a few episodes when i was in aust.

sch, white fungus can go with alot of stuff leh. u can cook with chicken soup n some herbs. can cook with bai guo. i must go home n search my recipes catalogue to see. but should learn to like almonds. coz it is super good for whitening and very good for skin. just don't eat it lor, drink the soup n other ingredients bah.

yongee86

recipe for papaya soup

ingredients:
small papaya
'nan' xing ren
'bei' xing ren
white fungus

1. cut the papaya into small pieces.
2. Add 10g of nan xing ren n 10g bei xing ren.
3. Cut white fungus into small pieces.
4. Wash everything n dump into a pot and filled with water.
5. Cook for about 1hr and then add rock sugar.
6. Jiak!

the recipe indicates should cook it the doubled boiled way but being the lazy me, i just dump everything into a pot n cooked like soup lah.

skylar

Wei.. Pink or anyone .. can u all remember the Japanese guy who likes to do the hip movements & who likes to go.. wwoooohhhh...

ckw1011

good afternoon babes

me on mc today, boo
sad.gif

started LS severely (& gastric pain) from fri 3 am till sun noon, wat a great way 2 spend my weekend! nabz, almost had 2 sleep in the toilet hugging the toilet bowl on fri & sat nites . more details - visited doc on sat morn, the LS continued after taking the med, cannot tahan so went to c another doc at the KKH 24hr clinic on Sat nite, got more med. heng the LS stopped on Sun noon cos if it continued the whole day, the doc at KKH said i hv 2b admitted into hosp liao, phew. my diet the past few days v interesting - glucose water, barley water, plain porridge wif a bit of pickles, steamed fish, soya bean water, plain white bread wif nothing!!! wah biang, i've nvr been so obedient 2 watch my diet so carefully b4, grrrr

today still feel weak, so took a day off 2 rest at home. now i can only look at ur food pix but cannot eat, v v sad
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

ah pink, glad tt ur granny feeling's beta, & yes, finally u tried the herbal chicken

lev, wat i think of 300? hmmm, there were a couple of disturbing scenes, like sending the helpless young ones to the wilderness 2 c if they can survive & having 2 abandon them if they are not born healthy & complete. alot of blood & violence. i was surprised to see nipples, were u? a few sexily dressed women, good thing the dressing was done in beta taste than the gim huey show. my hubby likes the show beta than me & he made the comment tt watching the half naked men go to war is like watching the WWE wrestlers! overall rating, i wld give it a 6.5 to 7 out of 10 lah. wat abt u?

eh, all like prison break ah? the show quite good lah. but i dun like the faces of the 2 bros, esp the elder one.

skylar

Aiyoh.. Lina.. what happened to you?? u ok bor?? better stay home & rest ah.. dun ever drink milk stuff leh. so u on MC for how long?

Levynn.
ahahaha.. ya ya.. hard gay! whhaaha.. now that i remember..

levynn

lina... i was also surprised at the half-naked women scenes. i think not really necessary... personally, i feel the director juz wanted to show off he can do it artistically. but although i think the oracle part is unnecessary, have to admit that it was done quite beautifully. made me thot of those shampoo commercials... haha...

but overall, not too bad la. my hubby liked the fighting scenes. men!

also, the part where the queen stabs that stoopid man... then after that, no more abt wat happened liao. but fr there, can really see how they show favouritism to men over women at that time... really quite bad...

yongee86

lina, alamak! are you feeling better now? take more isotonic drinks like 100plus to replenish the loss of water and salt in your body.

recipe for marmite chicken wings:

ingredients:
chicken wings
marmite
sesame oil
flour
egg

1. season chicken wing with marmite and little bit of sesame oil. let it stand for 30mins.
2. dust with some flour and dip in beaten egg.
3. Deep fry.
4. tuck in.

schnauzie

pink - simi si marmite?

levv, lina - so overall the shows worth watching or not?

lina - u ate wrong food is it? sounds like a bout of food posioning leh...u take care leh..can walk or not?

ckw1011

i also dunno lah skylar, ate something wrong maybe. but i didn't really eat anything tt taste bad, strange. i did tried this brown rice tea sachets (on thu & fri) tt my col passed me lah, but it was supposedly all natural ingredients wif no side effects, so ...??? 1 day MC, tmr gg bk 2 work liao.

hahahaha levynn, u noe hor, my hubby commented tt the oracle's breasts were like a little boy's chest, flat flat one. u also joker lah, simi like shampoo commercials.

at least they let the queen address the whole council mah, also the king himself respects his wife alot, so quite good. i feel it's not so bad lor, at least not like some countries where women hv 2 cover themselves from head 2 toe. & can't walk side by side wif men, muz walk behind THEM!! i tell u, tt is real bad

ckw1011

hey ant, the marmite chicken sounds easy 2 cook, okok , next time when i dun feel lazy i'll try.

can drink 100 plus huh? i dun dare leh, cos the doc said only barley, glucose, & soya bean water. shit, & there r alot of coke in my fridge tempting me, HELP!!! ladies, pls gif me strength 2 resist the temptation.

yup sch, today beta liao, can walk. ur qn abt 300, if u like war shows, fighting scenes, & can take violence, then it's worth watching. if it's ur ah lao who likes tis type of show, then also lan lan hv 2 go watch wif him mah. if not, forget abt the idea.

kam xia babes 4 all ur concern =)

yongee86

lina, isotonic drinks can lah. i gana very bad LS last month remb? i took lots of 100plus to gain some strength.

sch, marmite is just some black black thing. duno how to describe but some ppl eat with porridge. some chinese zi char oso sell marmite flavoured pork ribs.. v yummy too..

levynn

schnauzie... i thot it was quite a good show la. if u like those war shows, that is. i heard fr my fren that it's based on true events.

lina... must take care ah. still wan to drink coke??? can... drink lor... then maybe u can continue to LS for another mth... keke...

pinkbunny

hi guys

hey lina hope you feeling better. better take care wor. drink plenty of water ya? cos LS will get degydrated one

the herbal chicken i used breasts cos i don't usually buy thigh, and cos one whole chicken like too much for us. um ya i never use foil
happy.gif
still turned out ok. quite nice. i like the herby taste!

yup ant, my ah lao can take spicy. the prawns very easy to make, and very shiok. just marinate with baba brand chilli powder, that's all. for about half hour to 1 hour then fry onions, then prawns for a while, then add water until prawns cooked.

earlier today met contractor. at first go through page 1 of the quotation, i saw $6+ i thought wah so cheap. i really kio dio, man. THEN she turned to page 2. really kwa kwa kwa sia.... 25k ah! geh kiang go and add in all sorts of nonsense like MARBLE VANITY TOP FOR $1k! siao. so now we got to make amendments to the quotation and get back to her

pinkbunny

wah yesterday we went on super shopping trip. bought hood+hob+backsplash+sink (thanks for the kang tao, skylar!), fridge, TV. bought fridge from harvey, then thought ok la, look see for tv. ah lao see until i so bored, went to watch monsters inc on one of the tvs haha. in the end we decided not to. but spur of the moment, went into IT show and we saw the same model at $100 cheaper so we bought hehe. 5 minutes before closing time!

levynn

pink... wat TV u bought? plasma ah? u shld have gone to this shop at alexandra (maybe u would know) to buy electrical appliances mah. it's very cheap there leh. they can slash the price even more if u paid cash.

contractor will always add in the more expensive stuff in their quotations. coz if they come across those "cai tou", blur ones... can straight away "chop"! usually will need to made changes to the quotation for a few times. some things also better ask them to state in black n white... some of them very "smelly" one... later turn back n say u never say.

btw, u decide to use laminate flooring or parquet?

schnauzie

ah pink - levv is right..u must see quote properly..if u see some item too exp ask them to lower price..some things cheap ask them to give u f.o.c. but i feel yi fen qian yi fen huo..some quality stuff cannot scrimp lor..

yongee86

ohaiyooo...

pink, it's best to get a few quotations before deciding on 1 contractor. and most importanly, do not pay 100% upfront. must keep at least X% unpaid til they finish the work for u to your liking. some very bad, once paid full, give u sloppy work.

schnauzie

hey lina - how r u feelin? LS stop yet?
ah pink - don just stick to one contractor..better meet a few, talk to them, get their views on material and stuff, design advice and compare the unit price quote before deciding and bargaining

skylar

Morning!!!!

No prob lah Pink! ekekeke..
so wat else did u all buy man.. whah.. really shopping trip ah!

Where is Lina? Hopefully no more LSing for her ah!

ckw1011

thx babes, yup, stopped LSing liao. still dun feel fantastic lah, but at least much beta than the past few days
happy.gif

hey, do u all noe of any fruits tt i can take huh?

yongee86

lina, if feel weak, best take mc n go home n rest.. takes time to recuperate lor..

n nooooooooo, don't take any fruits is the safest! if nt, u LS again den jia lat man...