CHINESE SOUP RECIPES

levynn

lina... i said better than Ma Guang meh?? keke.. cannot rem... but definitely much cheaper. me n my sisters had been seeing her since we were young. we used to go for regular tui na for our sinus.

Econ Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture Centre
Address : Blk 3 Lor Lew Lian #01-62 Singapore 531003
Telephone : 6286 1256

u can call her "Mai4 Yi1 Shi1"

can say i recommend u one la... but dunno whether she will know which one or not... coz apparantly there is another little girl wif the same chinese name as me...

levynn

skylar...
i also dunno wat happened la. the cold juz came one day n refused to go away. took western med liao but still no use. so gotta go see chinese doc lor. i also not sure wat can the chinese doc do... but most likely acupuncture. coz the last time i got a blocked nose, she used acupuncture on me... then got these 2 needles sticking out fr either sides of my nose... haha...

but dunno wat she'll do this time. coz this time round, my nose keeps running non-stop... machiam like a spoilt tap... flow n flow n flow...

ckw1011

skylar, u muz b so excited tt it's the end of the working week tt u kee siao liao, =)

okok levynn, thx ya. tui na for sinus problem? hmmmmm, interesting.

schnauzie

lina - nv go lah..2 days ago my tt tuina massage now my body still aching ah.

levv - y u so poor thing? must take care of urself!

these few days our thread can change to chinese medicine thread already

skylar

Levynn,
wah... got needles sticking out of ur nose ah? scary man! keke.. but if it works then its good ya.. but btw how much izzit ah?

Lina..
ekekeke.. me doing spring cleaning at my ofc ah.. kekee....

skylar

Levynnn,
where izzit near ah? got any branches bor? seems like very far from me leh... whahah.. some Durian place ah? keke..

pinkbunny

i'm home! hehe. time off.

hey babes, got a question: can give suggestion on what veg to cook? cos i'm very sian of kailan and cabbage and lettuce with oyster sauce... btw what is heng cai called in english? and if cook with ikan bilis is it just fry?

sch, they CAN hor cos my colleague was there and he saw it with his own eyes. and not just internet, even what you're typing in your word doc, what programmes you have open, they can see everything in the server room. he came over to me to tell me what i was doing on my comp!

they don't do it la (check what you're doing) but can if the need calls for it. just the thought is scary enough

wah levynn you very brave, go for acu. i dun dare!

skylar

Pink!!!!
MISS U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love heng cai! kekeke... u can fry heng cai with some ginger garlic bits. I love heng cai with some sliced fishballs, ikan billis & some of the gao ki.. nice!!

ltr I go over ur hse eat ok? Set!

yongee86

i just came back from an event.. so tiring, was at mt faber.. sian tat i gota come back to ofc. was initially planning to go home after tat but coz boss around, so bo bian. sighzz.. saw the winners of project super star whom i never knew b4 today.. ahaha.. young little kids, feel so old.

lev, think coz weather is recently v weird tat's y sick bah.. flu takes very long to heal one.

skylar, i never ask u to go n bash ppl up hor.. i only jio u to swim n if someone irritates u, u can bash her up, no issue with me! hahah..

everyone pls pray hard for me tat tmr early morning raining n lots of thunder.. wahahah..

lina, water retention usually means u got too much salt in your body. try winter melon.. suppose to be very good to remove water retention.

pink, how about tau gey with salted fish? sambal kangkong? sambal sweet potato leaves? heng cai is fry with ikan bilis, very nice. but damn ma fan to pluck so i dun like to cook tat.

levynn

yo babes... back fr the sinseh.

skylar... not far fr our place la. u know the paya lebar methodist church? juz opposite only... underneath those blocks of flats.

anyway, today no acupuncture... got pple Q-ing up. usually if juz see the doc, less than $20. if acupuncture, must depend on which part n which type of needles used. got those very short ones to very long ones. but for the 2 times i did it, abt $20 plus only. coz it's priced according to the needles.

pink... actually i also dun dare at 1st... but my mum physcho me lor... coz that time da yi ma very very very long never come. n then the sinseh showed me those places to poke is those fleshy parts, then ok la.

my mum then steady ah... that time her little toe got caught by the swinging door, then swollen... she went for acupuncture for that leh. even she said very pain until tears came to her eyes, coz the little toe there not much fats...

pinkbunny

thanks ah. keep telling me you like heng cai *which i already know by the way*, but i asked what it's called in english hor, sky! keke

i still don't understand why heng cai must pluck btw...

how levynn pain or not? i scared leh. i also da yi ma long time no come. missed 2 liao leh. and pregnancy test is negative. if don't come soon, i think i go for this la. did it work?

wah your ah bu so brave....

lina, you must drink more water. it sounds ironic but it's true - your body retain the water cos it needs it to keep cool but if you don't drink enough, it will just keep retaining. liao gai bo?

now i got face mask on then cannot wear my bak gia so typing with my face very close to the screen haha

schnauzie

wah pink - misss u recipe mama! i like to cook bean sprout with tow gua, just add some cut chilli and soy sauce then nice liao! but must pluck bean sprout

instead of those 2 dish 1 soup, y don cook those 1 dish kind,,like chicken rice, laksa, mee siam, pig leg etc..change change and can eat 2 meals hehehe

y u missing ur menses? funny..ur preg test kit not spoilt right?

so happie its friday!

pinkbunny

wah biang i've taken FOUR preg tests lor. first one was neg, second one got no line, 3rd one neg, 4th one doc made me take to confirm not preg so can give me medicine last week for my cold.

i somehow prefer 2dish 1 soup leh. dunno why. very seldom i do one dish meal hor?

ckw1011

wah, levynn's post on the LONG & SHORT needles is so informative, nvr noe the charges r based on the length of the needles, si bo huh? so now levynn, dun tell me u hv 2 boil the med? tt is so not a fun thing 2 do 4 the weekend

kamsia skylar, ant & ah pink 4 ur advice on getting rid of water retention =)

eh, v shiok 2 c the thread so active leh

4 preg tests i think more than enuf kwah, even if one is spoilt, the rest shld b accurate mah. 2 dish 1 soup meal well-balanced mah, got meat, veg & soup. sch mentioned those one dish meals, v time consuming 2 prepare, unless use those pre-prepared pack, just add water boil boil can liao, hehe

gg off now, bye babes!

skylar

Pink,
wat do u mean by u missed 2 liao? as in 2 days or 2 mths le? then confirm not preggie meh? but how u feeling overall? If still no come then really think u gotta go get doc's help le.

Yes!! I like heng cai! whahaha..
btw just curious how is ur Ah Huat today ah? coz we all keep shouting Huat ah.. today.. whahaha..

Levynn,
so if body aching etc also can go see lah.. must Q for long bor? I very scared that kind one.. kkekkeke

pinkbunny

2 periods leh! :S

now i understand what you girls mean by must peel off the skin of heng cai. ah lao dun like me frying with ikan bilis
sad.gif

haha ah huat is fine
happy.gif
any of you are one of the two lucky toto winners? not me. 1 number also no haff. basket

pinkbunny

okie the pics i owe you:

heng cai, fu yong egg (very strange, the recipe got gravy one, but quite nice!), fish ball + sharksfin melon soup
460825.jpg

curry chicken, dao gay
460826.jpg

schnauzie

morning babes!
wah ah pink ...i ask u heng cai is it kang kong? y ur fu yong egg got so much gravy? i like ur curry chicken!! u use pre-mix or wat? nice?

pple i am very tired..yesterdae i got guo da li at 9 am then parents drag me to give out invite and xi bing plus pig leg to all my relatives (abt 12 houses i think..lost count ..all over spore. then last night again got insomnia..losing my appetite too..think i am too stressed..

tomoro i got an chuang but may need to work late..dunno how already. feelin so drained i just feel like taking leave but i don feel like stayin at home...well..just here to rant

levynn

good morning babes!! back at work today...

schnauzie... heng cai n kang kong is different leh. hmmm... dunno how to explain leh... later see skylar can explain better...

levynn

ok, start another new post abt the acupuncture.

if u wan to go for acupuncture, better to call n make appt 1st. she can multi-task... no problem. coz she got 3 examination rooms. but it's still better to call 1st, coz usually my acupuncture session takes abt 30 mins.

pink... for my da yi ma, that time she acupuncture for me liao, then i still waited like 1 wk b4 it finally came.

lina... for her med... dun need to boil one. at least for me so far. all in the bottle kind.

but hor, the med she gave me on fri really powerful leh. i was telling u all my nose was "leaking" like nobody's biz?? then i went to see her, took her med once, twice, then no more "leakage"... haha... that's y sometimes i prefer chinese sinseh than western med... but their MC not recognised leh...

skylar

Good morning babes!!

Sch..
heng cai is totally diff from kang kong ya!! heng cai is more job leh like to peel off the skin/veins of the vegg lor.. but after cooking, heng cai is definitely better than kang kong coz alot more softer ya.. kangkong is more of the crunchy kind but not heng cai ok? got it?

Levynn,
okok.. another post abt acupuncture ah, if say got flu then bodyache etc can go for acupuncture bor ah? wahh.. sounds like ur that shi fu really not bad ah.. okok.. can try ya.. must call to make appt first ah? if quote ur name got discount bor ah? whahaha...

skylar

Sch,
heng cai is hokkien lah.. u got market u tell them heng cai, all will know one lah.. think u tell them english name they also dunno ah.. whahah.. like no english name leh..

levynn

skylar... if like your case, i think better ask the sinseh can acupuncture or not. ok... i tell the sinseh, if got pple go quote my name, ask her to poke u wif 2 extra free needles... hahahaha....

bear

Skylar, if I am not wrong, heng cai is call round spinach in english. If you go NTUC, you will find 2 kind of spinach...one is call phay leng and one is heng cai. So the one that says round spinach should be heng cai.

pinkbunny

yoohoo. heng cai i think it's pronounced like this: heng3 cai3. like di san shen in mandrain 'ying', but it's hokkien words. liao gai bo?

i asked the lady at shop and save if got heng cai and she gave me a packet, and it said spinach bayam. if that helps? or just ask for heng cai la! hehe.

sch, i dunno why the fu yong dan so much gravy leh. i think the recipe was from some ang moh website then they got diff idea of fu yong dan maybe? hehe. but anyway the gravy was nice. and the curry was shiok! premix??? oi don't see me no up leh. wa si ding ding da ming eh recipe mama hor!!!
angry.gif
it was from a simply her recipe long long time ago. next time then i post.

so far, i still very kuai hor, at work cannot access, at night still come and report hor?

schnauzie

morning babes!
okie thanks bear i will go ntuc to see the veggie.

ant! how is sydney? got go swimming or manage to do any shopping or not? must attack the 5 storey supre there leh.

pink - thks for the advice. yeah under a lot of pressure now..so decided to take 1 more day's leave to r&r.

oh yeah last week i told u all i went for the tuina massage right? but now my neck is v stiff again and sore/...give up liao! dunno wat to do!

skylar

morning babes!

Wahhh.. Pink ya ya.. u very guai ah.. good good.. ekkek.. so its spinach ah.. for heng cai, steady lah u still got han yu ping yin ah.. whahaha...

Bear,
thx for ur info ya, so Sch u liao gai bor? just ask for heng cai lah.. no nid to seek for ang moh name ya.. whahaha...

Levynn,
one of my colleague went to the accupunture leh.. she say she make appt liao but still hv to wait for very long ah? say that the yi shi is very friendly but she dun really like the overall treatment leh.. say she kena poke with those electric current then quite uncomfortable, after that she is left alone in the room for like 15 mins before finish.. then she kena shine the dunno wat bright bright light until she starts to feel feverish.. whahahahaha...
joker man..

is liddat one ah?

ANT!!!
*Wave!*

ckw1011

good morning babes

sch, when u sleep, rest ur neck on ur pillow as well, that'll help support it. try and buy those contour pillow instead of a flat one. or, maybe u really nid 2 go c a chinese sinseh. go 2 the lor durian one lah, look at levynn's posts, tt sinseh like got gunghu one leh

yongee86

now sittin in mtgs tat is totally non of my biz.. mine has juz completed.

skylar, *WAVE BACK*

sch, weather is getting colder, not much sun and lots of rain. din have time to go swimming n only had 2 hrs to shop yest. when i finally found a shop tat sells bikinis, the shop is getting ready to close n they don't let me go in. grrrrrrrrrrrr...

last wkend, never go exercise wif irritating couple! yeah! but still went swimming, but is with hubby..

tis wkend, they are planning for tat malacca trip again.. c wat new excuses i can come up with lah.. hahah...

sch, i think it could be your pillow or sleeping position. maybe change your pillow?

levynn

skylar... your colleague went to the same one? anyway, i also have the electric thing. it's like using the crocodile clip to clip onto the needle then hook onto the machine to send out electric pulses to the acupoints. for my case, dun feel any discomfort leh.

as for the light thingy, she used it once on me b4 only. it can get a little hot lor...

schnauzie

yeah think i will try to get an appt to see my chiropractic this lunch...scare she scold me..coz halfway thru the treatment i felt great and stopped goin ;(

levv - the light thing is uv light or wat?

skylar

Ant..
huh? u gg ahead with the Malacca trip liao ah? thot u not gg le? so is that irritating couple going with u ah.. kekeke...

Levynn,
ya I give ur contacts to my colleague lor.. so she went last nite. she was saying that the light thingy shine on her till she gg to pengsan liao.. wahahaha.. damn funny!

Sch..
the light thingy is called heng cai light.. whahaha..*SCRAM*

skylar

OMG!!!!!

My entire ofc building is shaking!!! GOSH!!!!
Anyone got any news on that??
I was standing & thot I got giddy spell leh.. that I gotta squat down to ease myself!!

yongee86

skylar, malacca trip not confirmed coz no news whether tat condo being sold alr or not. it will also depends on if i wana go or not. i feel tat i'm falling sick so if by the time i return to SG n is not feeling well, 'project' shall be aborted man! hahah..

earthquake??? in SG?????? what happen?? building collapsing due to lousy structure is it? or which area gana earthquake? or another tsunami?

ckw1011

there's a 6.6 earthquake in sumatra. tremors r felt throughout s'pore & m'sia. good thing is there r no casulties found so far

levynn

no la... not UV light. it's actually also not really a light... it's like kind of sth that will heat up n then will warm up the part of your body which it is pointed at. if too hot n cannot take it, can tell the sinseh mah... if chao tar, how?? haha...

ckw1011

skylar, i juz called SQ to check. so dumb their booking system, u can only print out the boarding pass online immed after doing the internet check-in. once out of the page, cannot liao

the other way the lady advised me is to log in using the Kris Flyer no., cancel the 1st internet check-in, do a re-check in (but no guarantee u'll get back the seat wor), then print out the boarding pass. wah biang, cannot find a system more dumb liao lor, nabz

think it's my xin li zuo yong, like can still feel slight tremors liddat, aiyoh

skylar

Lina..
wahhh... really ah... then too bad lor.. kekke.. anyway tat boarding pass also no use one lah.. still gotta Q wat.. dun waste time lor..

tremors? still got meh? no lah.. dun scare me leh.. heheheh

pinkbunny

good mornig. is it me who report first today? hehe. at work la. just that today it seems my comp can work. dunno why. cos yesterday i complained that it took damn slow (like 10 minutes to open one email kind!) then IT fixed it, and ta da! it's so much faster now :D