Hi Lagikpo,

Thanks. Removed.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

roooller

Chin Leng,

One suggestion.

All the topics to be further classification.

Eg currently, Anything Under the Sun, it's too general. Can it be further break down into different classification eg. Furniture, Renovation, Fengshui ... and so on.

Also, under Boutique and Bridal, can further into Bridal Studio, Photographer, Banquet, ROM, Customary ... and so on.

Just a suggestion. I would be happy to forward u some link which I find easy to surf.

qing

hi chin leng sorry can u help me to delete the thread on "Brand New PM puzzle for sale (with photo)...." at marketplace

thank

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Roooller,

For Furniture and Renovation related topics, it should have been posted in "Home and Deco" category instead of "Anything Under The Sun".

For Photographer, Banquet and ROM, they have already their own topics currently and they are separated from Boutique and Bridal.

Thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate them.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

roooller

hi chin leng,

can the notification be set by thread i've read, instead of topics i've selected?

cos not all the threads within that topic i'm interested.

taurus

hi chin leng,

if i want to delete my email address from the personal profile how should i go about deleting? can you pls advise me? thanks.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi roooller,

Yes, the notification can be set by threads instead of category selected. Just click on the category you want when you are in your profile, a new window will pop-up for you to select your threads.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Taurus,

I've edited your profile so that your e-mail address is no longer viewable to the public. If you would like to make your e-mail address viewable in future, you would be albe to do it by editing your profile.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ob-rider,

I've replied to your e-mail. Let me know if you did not receive it. Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

roooller

hi Chin Leng,

Thanks for the explanation and I got it!

But I would like to suggest further enhancement the search criteria.

I can see under HOME AND DECO, there's 3 threads under ROLLER BLINDS. Under Paint, there's 4 threads talking about it.

Just a suggestion, to further breakdown into eg.
FURNISHING,
ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES,
INTERIOR DESIGNER,
CONTRACTORS,
WINDOW FURNISHINGS,
LOBANG and
MARKET PLACE .... and so on.

Just a suggestion.

laughing

Hi Chin Leng,

I wonder why you remove a few postings under the thread "Where to source for a good printer"

I posted information on the prices of various printers I researched on, explained to Cookie's gal the difference between offset & digital printing, and gave my personal reasons for my final choice of printer.

I thought the information would come in useful to all fellow brides sourcing for printers. I had spent days getting that information and wanted to pass it on to help fellow brides ease the heavy burden of wedding prep. But I was disappointed the few postings were selectively deleted.

I do not know your reasons for doing so, but suspect it was becoz i did not speak too well of one of your advertisers. But I would have thought this being a forum we brides use for getting/sharing information on various vendors of wedding services, whether or not we speak well of your advertisers should not have any bearing on whether you allow or disallow the post.

Part of the success of this forum hinges on the fact that we are able to recommend freely and give true personal accounts of the vendors. If you had imposed the restriction right from the beginning, I am sure this forum would not have seen the success it is enjoying today.

Just my thots

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Roooller,

As SingaporeBrides is still mainly a wedding portal site, our focus would remain in discussions related to wedding preparations. As such, we won't be further sub-categorising the "Home and Deco" section for the time being as this may lead to having too much topics in the forum.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi La La,

I believe there is a misunderstanding which we need to clarify.

As you may know, there have been incidences whereby services providers, who are non-advertisers, have registered an account in the forum and promoted their services through the forum. Some of these service providers even posed as wedding couples to-be and promoted their services.

There are also incidents whereby some service providers harvest the e-mail addresses of users here and sent them unsolicited e-mails.

We strongly discourage such practices and thus would not encourage any further discussions about these service providers in the forum.

Incidentally, your postings contained a service provider which have violated our "Terms of Use". We apologise but we have no choice but to remove your messages. Please be assured that your postings were definitely not removed because you've made unfavourable remarks on one service provider whom happened to be our advertisers.

However, we would also like to emphasise that there are many other reasons why messages are removed in the forum. Messages are also removed time to time due to maintenance, low activity in the topic, requests of the originator etc.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jenjen

Chin Leng, I noticed there's this guy who is always re-opening old matters of the heart thread and posting some comments, which I personally think is not very constructive to the person seeking for advice. It's kind of irritating to see his name in almost all threads of matters of the heart when I click 12 hours. Is there anything you can do?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi J,

Thank you for highlighting the posting. The message has been edited and sanitised.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

I

irritated

Hi Chin Leng,

As a user of this forum, I find it very disturbing that other users are using "numbers (eg.1)", "symbols", to get their topics to be "first" in order to get attention.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Irritated,

We understand your concern. We've been both renaming and removing topics which uses numbers or symbols in order to get listed on top of the topic listing.

As we notice more oftenly, the topics which the tries to get listed on top of the listing usually are topics of items for sale. We'll be opening more categories in the "Marketplace and Exchange Corner".

Hopefully, with these measures, we can reduce the number of such occurrences. Ultimately, we would appreciate if users would cooperate and do not deliberately try to get the topics listed on top. This would not be helpful to the maintenance of the forum. We would appreciate everyone's cooperation. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jenjen

Chin Leng, in view of irritated's concern, I will like to suggest that maybe you can come up with a set of Rules and Regulations for posting in the forum and always place it at the top of the forum page for new users to read before they start posting. New rules can be added as and when needed in the same thread, which only the Admin (i.e. you) can post. You can "stick" it at a prominent place and name it something like "Rules and Regulations - New Users, please read before posting!"

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jenjen,

Thank you for your suggestion and we'll give it a thought but we don't know whether it is going to be effective.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

jenjen

Chin Leng, yes I know it may not be effective. For other forums, it is effective because they have points to maintain. But in the case of SB forum, a note like that will definitely be more "highlighted" than for new users to scroll through all your announcements/improvement posts before they know the trouble they have caused to the moderating team. Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bit_bit,

Thanks! The postings have been removed.
happy.gif

Appreciate your notification.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

lilacz

Hi Chin Leng,

I duno is this thread the right place to locate you.I posted a thread on "tempur pedic" around 6+am this morning.Uusally i will check for new posting by hitting on the "last 12hours" button.But my posting is still not shown there.Is there a problem with the system?

lilacz

Yah i can find the message under the topic, but not when i click on "last 12hours".Anyway saw it now!U r efficient!Thanks!

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wan,

Thanks for highlighting the inactive topics to us. Threads that have not been active for two years or more are usually removed. We'll usually do it once a month. The last time we did mainteance in the "Beauty, Health and Fitness" category was last month (September). Therefore, only threads before October 2 years ago were removed. Some of the threads you highlighted were last active in October and November 2002 respectively and they will be removed when we next perform maintenance this month and next.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

tealeaf

Hi Chin Leng,
I am unable to locate the thread Herbalife (under Beauty Health and Fitness). Has it been removed?