Chin Leng or other moderators, please take note

pebbles

Hi Chin Leng,

I have a small problem that i hope you can help me. I have experienced the same problem as Abrinas. However, even as i am taking steps to follow your advice, i realise that i have lost my password.

can you advice me what to do?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pebbles,

Just send me an e-mail using the e-mail address that you've registered your account with. A new password will be generated and e-mail to you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pebbles,

The reply had been sent. Please feel free to e-mail me if you require any further assistance.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

Q

querie

Hi Chin Leng

How do we go about trying to be on the cover of the month? Do we send the pictures to you?
Does both the bride and bridegroom need to be Singaporean?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Querie,

Just send me the pictures at [email protected]. I'll then forward the pictures to the editorial team for selection. The couple need not be Singaporean to qualify.

Please include the names of the bride and groom, wedding date, bridal boutique and photographer of the photo.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any further queries. Thank you!
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

cody

Hi Chin Leng

I sent you an email; can u pls check?
(actually its a repeat mail, i sent you one earlier on 3 Mar but there was no reply.)

thanks, cody

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Cody,

I've replied to your e-mail already. Please let me know if you've not received it. I'm sorry that your earlier e-mail was not responded but I've checked my e-mails and I've never received it.

I'll provide more info to your request when I've them.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

B

bom bom

Hello Chin Leng

i understand that u are the in charge & pro here..can help me pls? I am Bom Bom and I made a posting under the topic Nov 2003 Bride. Tonite Upon checking under " the last 3 days new messages", I noted that the Nov 2003 brides did respond me, but when I clicked and tried to trace the replies, I couldn't locate them (although I have looked thru the archieve folders as well). can u kindly help me ? Your kind help /advice is much much appreciated. TKS a lot

B

bom bom

Chin Leng

sorry, I forgot to put down that I did the postings on 30 March 2003 and I can only see postings from 31 March 2003 onwards. Checked the archieve on 26 March 2003, found nothing. Then I clicked the arrow at the New Messagelast 3 days, also no success. Tks Chin Leng for your kind assistance.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bom Bom,

I think the postings you are referring to are actually in the "Archive through March 31, 2003". Just click here and you should be able to find the postings.

Please feel free to contact me if you require further assistance.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

B

bom bom

Chin Leng

just one more Q from me can? Last nite I stumpled over a forum topic where it gives away the website address for Chinese Alamnac, now I spent hours and couldn't find it. Do you have any ideas under which forum topic to discuss such? TKS a million!
happy.gif
happy.gif

B

bom bom

Chin Leng,

I found it!!! Just ignore my prior mail, TKS A LOT! This is really a great website and TKS A LOT A LOT!
happy.gif

F

fyi

Hi Chin Leng,

Just want to bring to your attention on a particular posting on the "Culling of stray cats by AVA - Animal lovers : what are your views ?" thread. It was posted at 4.59pm.

Surely we should conduct ourselves in a more proper manner?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Fyi,

Thank you for your posting. The message you highlighted had been removed.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

F

fyi

Hi Chin Leng,

Just to bring your attention to this Publishing72 person that Justice Poa is talking about in the various threads in "Home and Deco".

P

pearl1

Hi chin leng,

may i know how long does it take for processing the registration?

I signed up last thursday as Pearl. The nessage on the screen was to wait for the email for instructions. Till today. I still haven't receive it.

DUnno my email address got muy typo or not.

[email protected]

Hope u can activate my account soon. THanks.
happy.gif

REgards, Pearl

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pearl,

Uusally, you should receive the activation e-mail witin 5 minutes. I've checked your registration and there was a typo in your e-mail address. That was the reason why the activation e-mail was not received.

I've re-registered your account for you and you should receive the new activation e-mail. However, we've feedbacks that a small number of hotmail account users did not receive their activation e-mail. We do not know the cause of it but if you did not receive the activation e-mail by today, please feel free to contact me again.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

bonjon

Hi Chin Leng,

I had updated some changes to my profile sometime ago but these changes are not done. I kept receiving notification of postings. Can you kindly look into it.

I had also sent you an email requesting the change of my email address. Nothing is done as well.

Appreciate that you could get the above done soon. Thanks.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bonjon,

I've looked at your profile and it has several e-mail notification functions enabled.

For example, if you've enabled "Replies to my posts" and if you've posted in topic "A" before, you'll still receive notification of postings in topic "A" even though you have disabled the notification of topic "A".

You may like to consider unchecking both additional E-mail notification settings of "My own posts" and "Replies to my posts".

I would appreciate if you can verify the e-mail address currently in your profile. Your e-mail address change request was received on 24 September 2003 and the change was completed on 29 September 2003 after we've verified the ownership of the account.

When the change was done, we've also sent you an e-mail informing you of the completion of your request. I've resend the e-mail to you for your reference.

Please feel free to e-mail me if I can be of further assistance. Thank you.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

tulipsun

Hi Chin Leng,

Just pop in this thread then realise you have been promoted to a father. Congrats to you!!!

I need a favour from you. Seems most of the brides to be might need this help. In my past experience, we have trouble of getting design and it will be exp to keep buying magazine. Just wonder we can encourage your alias to share a few design or cutting on the web for the bride?

Enclose the link to share my example.

http://wedding.weddingchannel.com/fashion/gown_bride.asp

This was recommanded by my colleague during my preparation for my MTM grown.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mic,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll check with our clients if they would be interested in featuring more gowns online. However, there are actually a few issues that we may need to overcome first.

The most important factor is the cost of featuring the models online. This cost can be quite substantial if many models are used.

However, we'll definitely look into your suggetion. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

T

take note

Hi Chin Leng - Not sure if someone is trying to push a moisturiser on the Olay Effects thread. Posting by Zeng. Sounds like she is marketing the product in the guise of recommending it on the thread.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Take Note,

Thanks for the feedback. There has been an increase of messages in the forum promoting products and services in the guise of recommendation. We've been spending our limited resources and time in investigating similar postings. This is not a healthy trend as the time spent is in expense of the further development and improvement of SingaporeBrides. We really appreciate your help in letting us know of the postings.

We hope that the forum will not be abused by others and become a classified ads. We hope that the forum will remain a place for genuine wedding couples and parents to participate in the forum.

If there are any other similar postings which require our attention, please feel free to highlight to us. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

I

isabel lee

Hi,

I am a newcomer to the forum. Sorry for being ignorant, just want to ask if new msgs can be posted to the thread if its closed? If not, then how else can pple share info on the same topic?

Thanks for answering my query!

I

isabel lee

Pardon my ignorance, but to elaborate on my query, for eg under the wedding banquets thread, some threads pertaining to certain hotels are closed. So if for eg, we wish to discuss further on a particular hotel, and the archived info may be outdated, should we start a new thread?

Kindly advise. Thanks!

qing

hi chin leng,

i cant seem to go to the anything under the sun forum

whenever i click on it and a window pop out say error ask me to restart my internet explorer

is there a problem with my pc?
thank you

peng

Hi Chin Leng,

I hope this thread is still active!!! I am from the most active 2005 wedding preparation thread, all our archive disappeared this afternn, thread also lost at 'check msg' screen even there are continuous posting, can u help check please?

I

isabel lee

Hi Chin Leng,

Was wondering if you can advise me on my earlier query earlier about how msgs can be posted to a thread which is already closed, but for which sharing will still be beneficial?

Thanks!

sallen

chin leng

the post was on 1217am dated on 7 may 2004.please help me cancel the post...thank alot alot....

qing

hi chin leng,

can u delete those thread which is very long ago like 2002 which nobody is replying to it

coz is taking up the place too much and the thread is very long have to scroll down alot

thank

anissa

I second that, qing. It makes no sense to keep those old threads. The pages are taking forever to load these days

miserable

Hi ching ling

May I request you to remove the thread under Matter of the Heart - MISERABLE & all the postings posted bt me. Just doesn't wana to discuss this anymore & create anymore misunderstandings.

Thanks

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Isabel,

Sorry for the late reply. The archived threads are just a collection of the past messages posted in the same topic. The old messages are collected in chronological order. However, the main topic by itself is not closed and new messages can be posted.

For example, you may notice that we have an archived folder on top of this topic as well. The archive messages are the previous 60 messages posted last time. Even though the archive is there, you can still continue to participate in this topic by continuing to post here. There is a continuation of discussion.

It is not necessary to start a new thread even though the messages are archived. Just continue to add your message in the current thread.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Angela,

Just PM me your new e-mail address and we'll make the necessary changes. However, please also send me an e-mail using the new address so that we can verify that it is working correctly. Thank you.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sallen,

Do you still want the post to be removed? Let me know, thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Qing,

Do you still encounter the problem? It is not normal as you should not be getting a new window pop-up. It could be some problem with your Internet Explorer or PC.

Let me know if you still have the problem and I see if I can make any alternative suggestions.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Peng,

Yeap! The archive has been restored by us after seeing your message. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Qing,

Which category are you referring to about the 2002 threads? If you are referring to "Anything Under The Sun", the reason for the long list of topics is because new topics appear at a faster rate than the old topics are removed.

We are currently removing threads that are inactive for two years in "Anything Under The Sun".

We'll continue to monitor the category to see if we need to remove threads that are inactive for 1.5 years instead of 2.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Anissa,

May I know which category has the slow loading time? Let us know and we'll investigate further. Could you also let us know if you are using normal band or broadband to surf?

Thanks.

Regards,
Chin Leng.

miserable

Hi Chin Leng

There are also a few postings by me under Matters of the Heart - Duno, can you please remove it as well?

Thanks

anissa

Hi Chin Leng,

I am using broadband to surf. At the present moment I only patronise 'Matters of the Heart', 'Anything Under the Sun' and 'Hotel Banquet'. Usually I experience the most problem in 'Matters of the Heart'. Anyway, loading time seems to be fine yesterday and today. Will let you know if I should encounter anymore problems.

Thanks!