Changi Village Hotel for solemnisation?

pannie

Hi momo.

My hubby & I were the last couple to check in. Even coordinator, Dan, had to call to see if I MIA liao.
happy.gif

The room was really a surprise and a plus. I didn't expect them to give me such a room beautifully decorated. Toilet was real big too but didn't had the time to take a dip in the big bathtub till the next day.Hehe!!

Romantic only awhile loh.. 5 mins later, my flower girls, my brother & my hubby starts to mess it up liao. Haha!!

I didn't pay extra for the keychain. No point cause your guests might not even use it. So I would not advise to do top up for favor.

jackjoryne

wow.. been a whle since i log in here
was away right after my wedding
haha. okie here is what i went through
i had the pool side ROM on level 8.It was greathaha. but it was over in like 10 min. then i had the wedding dinner at the ballroom.
was okie. less the food.
parents complain about the food.
Ann u mention u got petal for your suite.. our didnt have.. and our refreshment also didnt come.
but we did had a good time even though there was some hipcup here n there and some most guests complain about the food and some misc stuff.
so overall.. i would say it really depend on what u want.

momoqq

hi elsie,

what would u like to know? mine's at the lobby level poolside... 100 pax... erm... not sure whether it will be too pack anot. as for the level 8 poolside i guess u've gotta ask Miss Ann.
happy.gif

pannie

Hi momo.

Will the hotel be giving u free favors? If they do, just take it cause they will not change to anything else for u. Actually I also did wrist corsages for all the girls attending my ROM & brooches for the elder ladies. ^_^

Hi Jack.
Yup there was rose petals. My room was beautiful. Haha!! I would have thought I went to the wrong room if it wasn't for the coordinator who showed me my room. Go to my multiply.. www.annannp.multiply.com to take a look.

I think hoh.. different couple given different type of rooms lei... that day, another couple who ROM on the same day as me.. got a plain simple room. Different from mine.

momoqq

hi elsie,

the soleminisation package(dinner buffet) is 88++. u can check out their packages at www.changivillage.com.sg

i actually took up the lunch one... but i'm having outdoor so its kinda hot, in the end change to dinner.

jackjoryne

ya i guess soo.
Did u know that when we drove up to the entrance with my bridal car. THEY ask me to drive to the carpark with my wife in wedding Gown. i was soo mad .If feel like running down.
and other misc stuff that i think was not communicated to the hotel staffs.
I choose that place cause i propose to my wife there. So i thought it would be great if we held our ROM and dinner there. but if u ask me.
and if given a choice again I wound have went with another.

jackjoryne

ya i guess soo.
Did u know that when we drove up to the entrance with my bridal car. THEY ask me to drive to the carpark with my wife in wedding Gown. i was soo mad .If feel like running down.
and other misc stuff that i think was not communicated to the hotel staffs.
I choose that place cause i propose to my wife there. So i thought it would be great if we held our ROM and dinner there. but if u ask me.
and if given a choice again I wound have went with another.

pannie

Huh?? Really?

When I reached there, porter were at hand when we arrived. I informed the porter I am holding my solemnisation in the hotel. Porter helped me to unload all my stuff from the car and push into the hotel.

I thought my hubby had to drive to the car park to park but apparently a valet help him to park the car and somemore in front of the hotel where bridal car normally parks.

But I am neither in gown nor our car was decorated. How come so different treatment one?

jackjoryne

dont ask me.
apparently when i was there. someone had park thier SUV there. should be one of the staff there.
but i had insisted that the front poach was reserve for us. in the agreeement..
that why i said. mostly likely a miscomm on their side..
but it over already so. nothing much can be done anyway.

huhu

hi everyone,
Its been a while since i posted. My rom in june is approaching (11 weeks time!!) and I am getting jittery! Is it too early to call CVH now? I haven heard from them yet till now....

pannie

Hi hui.

Actually call in April will do. Now most impt thing is to get yourself ready. JP booked liao? Filing done liao?

huhu

hi ann,
JP got le but haven got him to sign. The rest all not done yet hahaha.

Hi creamyz,
Yup, mine is a dinner recpetion.

creamyz

hi Hui,

did CVH give u any perks like wedding favour or upgrade ur room? i booked mine for hi-tea...they havent call me to sign the contract yet.

did anyone been to their quad room b4?

huhu

Hi creamy,

I am not sure if its an upgrade but the quotation they send to us state one night stay in superior room but when we go sign contract, they indicate as Junior Suite Room. We did not request for it, my coordinator at that time (who already left) just give.
We did not request for anything else also. The only console is that when we book that time, its $68++/pax for dinner. Now they increase to $88++/pax liao... too ex....

creamyz

ya..i booked my hi-tea is now $58++ per pax liao..so ex...but i love the venue so no choice.
wanna take dinner, but $88 per pax is really over my budget. My coordinator is Dan Touw.

yuner

Hmmm, CVH sounds interesting.. Anyone have any pictures to share? Am planning my ROM in Jun 08.. But haven't source for venue yet! OMG... getting pacnicky...

Can email me at [email protected].
Thanks in advanced!

huhu

hi momo, I haven heard from them since i signed the contract last year though our rom is in jun. But think the coordinator is Dan ba..

Hi creamy,
i never seen their Quad room b4 but seen the superior room. It's really small... my pg stayed there b4 and also complain their room very small.

Hi YunEr,
I email you the pic liao. Which day in jun is your rom?

momoqq

ya... their rates are rather high...

but i really love the place, near my place, and very meaningful to me & FH.

wonder how their delux room look like.( i was given this room in the package)

momoqq

rather nervous too...

recently out of sudden will rain, hope it wont on my soleminisation... or else gotta use the back up function room already.... *pray pray*

huhu

ya lor.... i also scared tat it will rain on my rom day. but since weather is not within our control, no use worry about this too much also...

CVH back up place for wet weather plan not bad also lah. one of the better one i've seen as compare to other hotels...

huhu

hi creamy,
I was shown the backup room. Its actually not a room but a private area near to the lobby. Those capsule thingy near to the Jap restaurant.

Its not very very private but i like the ambience with the dimmed light. Got a different feel lor...

momoqq

hui> mine's on 10th may...

oh ya, last sat just met up with the florist to discuss the deco... their standard package kinda plain, after that ask wanna add this wanna add that($$$)... haiz!

i took the purple theme... add another few things, so gotta fork out another 100 over dollars.

creamyz

when i was there to see the venue, they told me the backup room if raining is the Quad Room at Lobby area. how come urs is the area at Jap rest?

huhu

hi creamy, dun noe leh... maybe they changed?

hi momo, they call you to go down one or? I am waiting for CVH to call me leh. Mine on 7 Jun. Is the florist at defu lane?

momoqq

hui> yup, florist called... have to go down to their side... its at upper paya lebar. i guess they will call you around may, since yours on june.

oh ya, btw... you took the 8th floor pool for for solemn?

momoqq

waaa... all 8th floor... mine's on the ground floor, as 8th floor was fully booked on my date.

heard that priscilla chan & alan tern's wedding also held at the ground floor, saw their pics in the mag, so romantic wor...

creamyz> in the 1st place, i wanted to get the hi-tea package too, but when i went down with FH at that timing... it was very hot and shine, so we decided to change to dinner instead. Moreover yours at the top floor, i guess it would be more hotter. anyway perhaps you can check with the hotel, whether they can provide those standing high-power fans anot... so that everyone will feel cooler.

huhu

>> creamy,
hmm.... hope your rom day will be cooling and no rain so you and your guest will enjoy
happy.gif

>> momo,
I tot the dinner buffet spread is all set as per the contract? Can choose the dish one meh?

momoqq

morning hui, there's a menu for us... for dinner we can choose 21 dishes out of it.

dan called me yesterday, want me to email the dishes over today.

momoqq

hui> did you arrange for meet up with the coordinator before your date is nearing for discussion? before (example: timing for march-in, when the music will play etc.)

huhu

hi momo
happy.gif

mine is all stated dishes in the contract.. cannot choose one. They only allow me to replace the beef dishes to other meat dish...

I have not heard from CVH yet and is totally cluelss on what to do leh. Will Dan advise us on all these details?

bluecloudz

Hi,

Interested in choosing CVH as the venue my solemisation followed by buffet dinner. Went to view the place and it is really nice. Anybody can share their solemisation package details with me? My email is [email protected]

Thansks =)

momoqq

hui> all stated meh? mine was 3pages of dishes, then choose 21 from it. mind sharing your dishes with me?

dan did called me couple of days ago, only to ask me to email over the dishes that i choose and to double confirm the num of pax. i'm also totally clueless on what exactly i should do on that day.

anyway, if there's still no news from him in another 2weeks or so... i'll call him to arrange for me to meet up with the coordinator, captain or whoever assigned to me for discussion... and also to remind them about the set-ups, food etc. Don't want to expect any hipcups on my impt day.
happy.gif

creamyz

i went to sign the contract on sat..in the end i choose to have my hi-tea at the Quad room (more cooling) as i dont want to risk of the weather..i love the pool side at level 8, but for hi-tea, i think will be very hot...
Dan said CVH will increase price next yr...Hi-tea $68++, Lunch $78++ dinner $98++

momoqq

hui> don't know whether you or other brides here felt the same way as me anot. i find that dan's kinda "beng beng" one, he's quite helpful.. but i felt he don't really take the solemn thing seriously.

when i met up with him for the very 1st time, he bring us to the venue to see... tell us how the set-up will be, etc.

Then i ask him.. we want to have a small march-in... which entrance can be use. and you know what he ans me?! he say... "march-in? i don't think there's a need, yours is only solemn, not customary... anyway solemn is just a fake wedding, only customary then is real one."

i nearly show him my middle finger! what's the meaning of "solemn is a fake wedding"?! i think he knows me n hubby fed-up liao, and as soon as he finish the last sentance... he say "well, can do can do... we can arrange" and put on a big smiling face.

after the discussion ends, hubby told me to look for other venues(he's very pissed off). but in the end, we still took CVH... cuz i fell in love with the venue, and CVH is meaningful to both of us.