Changi Village Hotel for solemnisation?

hitsubi

Hi Ann
Yes, I just touched down 2am plus ytd... or rather this morning.

So how's the new job? Hope that you're coping & adjusting fine =)

My room was 624. Hee.
Eh, me wanna ask, how come u got a huge room? Does it come with the solemnization dinner package or did u ask for an upgrade?
I saw the photos, so cool the room!! Ours is a standard one, but they upgraded a wee bit to a wee bit bigger room but still small room. And the sheets are not red. =p

Oh, I only met Dan. The rest never, but I think they might hv met up with our main co-ord, I was busy busy dunno doing what. Haha! But Irene came by and I spoke to her.

Oo, running late for ceremony ah? But good that all went well.

Oh, liquor on empty stomach is always not good!
Poorthg to hv tt hangover feeling the next day too.

Aiyo, ur hubby might be travelling again?
Yes lor!! We are in same boat!! Bawls!

Hi Eugene
Yup, sure do! Hehe! =)

Hi Jack
Haha, yes you're right, puke puke like merlion =p
Spurt~~~~~~~

For mine I think our bros & sis didnt manage to take much but I will go thru them and sort to upload the photos once I settle my errands today & stuff.

Oh yah, one thing abt the poolside at night... after dark then cant see anything already.

Ur wife's frens sound so hiong! Haha!
The corkage is shocking! Reli drink wine like water!! Cannot imagine the amount of wine!
Oh, equinox...

Yes, u better train up ur brothers... definitely need their help~

Hi Hui
Thanks dearie!!! HUGZ!

Hi Quack
Thx to you too dear! Yes it was indeed a BIG blessing! ^o^

At times hard to ban liquor leh, esp for dinner. =p But jia you! Hhehehehehe!

pannie

Hi hitsubi.
So glad you are back. *Hug Hug*

How's your trip? Fun?

My new job is ok.. just started this week so still in honeymoon period.

I think there was a promotion when I sign up, if I use UOB credit card to pay then have free upgrade to Premier Room plus free wedding favors.

What colour was your sheet then? Red looks opiang to me but with the cute pictures, it doesn't look so bad to me afterall. Haha!!

I didn't meet Dan that day, only my hubby meet up with Dan for work coordination cause he know that I was exhausted. I was lying in my bed when the MUA came. I was whining and whining but my MUA say I got to start doing my make up or else I won't make it in time for my ceremony. Haha!!

Yah... had a lot to drink.. even on Monday, when I thought of the incident, I felt like puking again. I tell myself never to drink like that ever again. Terrible.

That night alot of food left lei. We told them we had 36 pax but we actually have 42 pax and yet, the food was still unfinished. Is it the same for your case? If I know, I would have reported 30 pax. Haha!!

Next Tuesday is my birthday. My hubby will be travelling from 17th to 20th Oct to Phillipines again for work. Luckily he didn't travel on my bday or else I will annul the wedding. Haha!! Just joking.

hitsubi

Hi Ann
Hee! *hugzzz back!*

My trip was really relaxing, it's the type of nothing to do, go & nuah type of trip. Haha, I guessed my hubby & I both needed the nuah-ing so yup, it was pretty good. We are thinking of planning the real honeymoon next yr... thinking of where to go, maybe NZ.

That's good to hear, honeymoon period in work is always good. =)

Oh, no wonder, there was a promo. Lucky girl! =)

Oh, our sheets were just normal plain white sheets lor, but we also got the card & glass coasters placed on the bed.
Acutally I avoided getting red sheets for my own bed coz I also find it obiang, but it does look pretty good in ur photo, yes. Hee!

For Dan I met him coz when we arrived he received us and led us to our bridal room lor, that's why I saw him.

Aiyo poorthg you were so tired. Hee. So funny! You whined & whined! Hahaha, hard to imagine that. I wanna lie on my bed but I cant lor... haha, got up at 4am plus that day then just all the way cannot rest redi. Haha!

I know that feeling of not wanting to drink again.
It's quite icky & sick the feeling. Next time can drink la, just dun drink so much lor.

Oh, I didnt see whether a lot of food left or not leh. Oh but one thing, our food I heard was slow to top-up. Like some ppl left or done eating redi then they top-up. Sigh. That was quite bad.

Nvrm la, at least you have more than enough food, better than not enough food for your guests, so nvr report less in numbers also alright. Hee!

Oh wishing you an advanced Happy Birthday!!!
Have fun with ur hubby b4 he flies.

pannie

Hi hitsubi.
Glad to hear that you enjoy your trip.

Plain white sheet? Oh..ok. So dunno me lucky or not cos me not really into red stuff. Haha!!

Thanks for your wishes.

So your pictures ready yet?

hitsubi

Hi Ann

Yup, plain white sheets, but comfy to sleep in! ^o^
Haha, nvrm la... looks alright on pictures can liao. haha!

U're welcome =)

Oh, not ready yet leh... then hubby flying tmr... so I guess will only get to see it after he comes back... hubby will only be back next sunday....

pannie

Huh?? How come you only get to see it when he come back? He's the photographer meh?

I saw some of the photos which my grandparents took with their camera.. aiyo.. I am bloody fat lei... which I am in the first place. Hopefully Eugene can trim the fats away.

hitsubi

Haha, Ann, ur reaction very funny!
Coz photos not done... then think wont be done so soon also. Hubby coming back this Sunday... so sld be only able to see after hubby's back too mah. Hee!
And would also like to see it together with hubby rather than alone.

Eh? Reli? You lost a lot of weight redi leh you said. Must be you too critical of yourself! Haha, so funny the way you talk abt Eugene trimming the fats.

pannie

Hi hitsubi.
I see... Today I'm older by 1 yr old.. Officially, 27yr.. But I'm not upset. Haha!!

No girl will mind triming more fats from the photos. Haha!

By the way, my company send me to get a driving license for Powered Pleasured Craft like yacht. I don't even know how to drive a car and they expect me to be able to drive a yacht. Haha!!!

jackjoryne

hmm happy birthday ann..

my brother.. only 2 can drink like me
that rest.. one glass and u see them. red n high.
hahaa
now getting abit stress.. 10 more weeks and it the big day. i know i am missing something buti cant rem what

pannie

Hi Jack.
Thanks. I know how you feel.. felt like something missing but can't pinpoint what. I felt like that before my ROM. In the end, I didn't forget anything afterall. Haha!!

Don't think so much about it. It will comes to you. But make sure when it comes to you, do jot it down in a book or something. I always had a book with me when I am preparing for my ROM.. Whatever thoughts that came to my mind, I will write. Haha!!

Hi Eugene.
Thanks. I will try to enjoy before he flies which is tomorrow. Haha!!

jackjoryne

haha. i been planning for my frens wedding soo many time. but this time when it come to mine. i keep feeling that i am missing something. and guess what....
I MISS THE GUO DA LI portion
hahahahahahahaahaha
lucky got still got time
hmm think week end got to go run run abit

hitsubi

Hi Ann
Hee! Good la! Not upset is good! Still young! =)
Hope that you had a great time with hubby on ur bd today!

Tt's true, trim fats is ok with us. Haha.

WAHHH, how come nd to go learn how to 'drive' a yacht?? Cheem siah!!

Hi Jack
Aiyo, jialat, only 2 bros can drink like u do ah? Must ask the rest to jia you, either that or that 2 to jia you lor! =p

Ditto what Ann said to you! =)
I guess it's always diff when it comes to your own wedding. Hehe, the jitters & all.
OHHHH, guo da li! Hee! Good that you remembered it!

U gg to train up is it? Run run? Hehehe!

pannie

Hi Jack.
Glad you remember it in time. It's one impt thing. Never forget impt thing.

Hitsubi.... I wanna cry out loud.

It was a disappointing birthday yesterday. My hubby did remember and wish me at 12.01 which I was glad. He even ask me out for dinner & make reservation. Which is very good. Great!! I knew he won;t do anything else and it stops right there but just wanna push my luck further cause I thought having a bouquet of flowers would be nice.

During dinner, I dropped hint and told him that my boss asked me whether my hubby will gives surprises like surprise me with gift or flowers. My hubby just smile. Then when we went to the cashier counter to pay for the meal, he ask me to hold the unbrella for him while he sign the receipt, I took the umbrella from him like I'm piss. He asked me what's wrong. I pointed to a bouquet of lilies at the cashie counter and told him pple get to hold flowers but I get to hold umbrella. He laughed.

Then as we walked out of the shop, he asked me should we go and buy thing for the dog. I nearly smacked him.. buy thing for the dog. So I am not even worth more than the dog.

After that I was even more pissed and I told him in the face that I am bloody damn piss now. In the end, he went to a florist shop and bought me a bouquet of purple roses. I dunno to be happy or even more upset but I chose to be even more upset. The roses are turning brown kind. My face showed that I am even more damn pissed.

On the train back home, I keep quiet and dun wish to speak to him. I don't even wanna touch the flowers. Then he told me that why not he send me home tonight to make up for the mistake he had made. I looked at him wide eyed... I nearly cry in the damn train. So he has the intention of not sending me home tonight. It's my bday for god sake. Not any other night. He even got the gut to ask me " Was he supposed to send me home tonight?"

I told him to get off at his station. He insist that he could send me home.. I told him that he had already done alot of damage. Dun do anything more to make things worse.

What have I done to deserve this??? I must have done something wrong. Maybe it was just too much to expect on a bday from your own hubby.

hitsubi

Hi Ann

Aiyo... come come *pats pats*
Aiyo I dunno what to say... hmm... perhaps he has just gotten too used to you already? That's why he didnt get flowers nor wanna send u back.
I thot that he sld at least send u back without having the initial thot of not sending u home. Agree tt it's not very nice to let birthday gal go home alone, let alone wifey leh.

But on the flowers, is ur hubby the romantic type who will get flowers?

Mine's not and I know it so altho I would love to have flowers I don't expect any from him. Thus far he has only given me one bouquet before and that was a surprise. I kept telling him that if he gives me flowers, the sky wld drop. =p

Cheer up k? Hugz!

cutecat

hey people

i love the ambience at CVH but any of you guys also having luncheon or dinner there on the same day? can let me know?

I will prefer to do rom/luncheon (on the same day)..

huhu

Hi Gabrielle,
Just asking. Mine is 7 Jun 08 and it's gg to be a dinner recep. We can discuss our planning progress here since our dates are quite near!

jyt

Hi,

We plan to take up the Tranquility Solemnization package. Anyone knows how good is the ambience, atmosphere and their basic decor at the poolside?

rubberducky

Hi everyone,

My wedding at CVH was a complete fiasco. So many things went wrong that to tell the complete story would take several long paragraphs!!!!

Basically, this is (only)the WORST of what happened:

1. Mo microphone the entire night. We had to shout all our speeches!

2. The sound system did NOT work. Music was either BLASTED or non-existent. At one point during dinner, the speakers were playing nothing but static, but not a single member of the staff at CVH bothered to switch the speakers off - until my GUEST went to tell them to do so.

3. No sound from the DVD player/speakers. We has 2 montages which we spent a bomb on. BOTH had to be screened SOUNDLESS.

4. CRAP service. As the bride seated at the bridal table, I had a PRC waitress ask me in mandarin, "Ni hui jiang hua yu mah?" (Can you speak mandarin) when I asked for a refill of wine. - I can't imagine the level of (lack-of) service the rest of my guests must have received.

Most of the wait-staff stood about like dummies throughout my dinner. We had to repeatedly request for basic service, like the refill of drinks etc. At one point, I actually had to stand up and walk to the waitress just to ASK FOR WATER. At my own wedding.

5. REALLY CRAP PLANNING. The champagne pouring ceremony: A waiter came up to ask if we wanted to do the champagne pouring. We said 'yes', shouted our speeches (no microphone) and turned around to pour the champage.

LO' AND BEHOLD!!!! The waiter had disappeared!! There was NO waiter - the champagne bottle was unopened and uncorked - how to pour???!!! My SO immediately took up his wine glass from the table and used that to toast our guests instead.

6. LOUSY FOOD. One of the worst wedding dinners I'd ever been to. And it was mine.

-----

Honestly, I didn't post my experience here because I've avoided thinking too much about my wedding. The entire affair was such a complete and utter fiasco that I'm STILL deeply ashamed that it was my event.

rubberducky

I think I'm considered quite an easy-going bride by normal standards. I don't sweat the small stuff, and I was prepared myself for eventual screw-ups. (Esp. after reading some of the posts about CVH here).

But the crap we were put through by CVH is REALLY completely unacceptable. The hotel gave us a token discount at the end; but can they turn back time to allow us to redo our wedding???

We SO regret choosing CVH - that was the BIGGEST mistake we made in planning our wedding. The ambience was fabulous - but unless you're prepared to bring in your own planner, food, staff and logistics, forget it.

Brides, please beware. I hate to think of anyone else having to go through the same crap we did.

BTW, our dinner was held by the poolside. I'm not sure how their regular dinners at the ballrooms are.

pannie

Hi JYTan.
I think mine was a blessing as compared to the ordeal that Quack had to gone thru.

I had my solemnisation by the top floor pool. Everything was great that day. Weather was good.

I was supposed to reach the hotel at 2pm but till 3pm i was not there yet. The hotel coordinator even called me to check if i am ok and arriving soon.

When I took the lift to the rooftop, the hotel coordinator and their sales manager was already there to greet me as soon as I step out of the lift. I was surprised to see them there. They even tell me that the previous coordinator, Huiling, also send her rgds. I was even more shocked cos Huiling left not long after I sign my package with her and yet she still remember.

The captain and his team that were assigned to me were good. The captain was excellent. He always make sure my guests were being attended to. He even asked me and my hubby whether we would like some food to be served in the room after the own thing end. But we were on the point of puking after so much drink that we decline his offer.

No cock up on PA system. Everything was fine. I even have guests telling me it's a good place to have a solemnisation. I also have some unknown guests who came out from the italian restaurants and asked to see the bride cos they wanna tell me what a lovely solemnisation i have.

Food was too much.. there was so much left overs. But food is ok... not fantastic.

But overall, the money is well spend for us. We have a memorable day.

huhu

Hi ANN!

Glad to see your posting again! Remember me? So fast your ROM over le and now my turn is approaching! And happy to hear that your ROM at CVH was a wonderful memory for you
happy.gif

I remembered you mentioned b4 that you did a standing reception rite? How did you organise it? My fiance and I are thinking of doing a standing reception too with only one round table for family members (mums and dads will use the opportunity to talk about our AD matters). Will there be enough seats for the other guests? did you arrange for cocktail tables to be placed around for guests to mingle?

Sorry for the many questions :p

pannie

Hi elsie.

You can go to www.annannp.multiply.com to view the photos. But I have not upload all cause my cd is with my grandparents now. They wanna see.

As for CVH package, mine was for 2007. So I think it's better to ask them directly. Yes, i took the buffet dinner at the rooftop poolside.

Hi hui.
Of course I remember you.

Yes, I have a standing reception. I arranged for 3 cocktail tables but I think I have more than 3 cocktail tables given. The seats at the solemnisation area is enough for guests to use. Most of my guests just moved around. They loved to stand by the side which overlook the sea.

I would not have a round table on the rooftop pool cos really too small area.

It's ok. Any question just ask. I am glad to be of service. hehe!!

huhu

hi Ann,

Thanks for replying and happy to hear that standing reception is possible cos we wan our guests to mingle ard, not stay seated at the round tables! I will sound this idea to the coordinator when I meet him/her nearer to the date and see what they say.

I haven been doing much prepartaion for the upcoming rom. Now headache with AD venue hehe.

elsie0707

Hi Ann,

Thanks for sharing the photo. You are from Westie club also? not sure whether we met before. I am milky's mama... haha.
btw, how many guests invited on your ROM?

pannie

Hi hui.
Same thing happen to me too. I arrange alot of things till I wanna die liao.. especially the 2 weeks before solemnisation. My emotion was disastrous cos my hubby was outstationed and will only be back the day before our solemnisation. Haha!

My AD also fixed liao. At Novotel Clarke Quay.

Hi elsie.
You are welcome. Yes.. I am from the westie club too. But i don't think we have met yet cos I am still trying my best to find time to go for the gathering. Everytime i got to work during weekend. Hai!!

I invited about 45pax.

huhu

hi ann! You will also be holding your AD at NCQ?? Me too! We jus confirm with Huiling and now trying to find time to go down and place our deposit. So coincident!

pannie

Hi hui.

Yup. Mine is on 27th Dec 08. If you look at the list, u can see me as the last bride on the list. Hehe!

It's a good place right? Most imptly the food is good. Haha!1

creamyz

i planning to have my ROM at CVH for high-tea buffet...wonder will it hot or not?
any comment or review for the service or food there?

pannie

Hi creamyz.

It really depend on where u are holding your solemnisation.

If at the rooftop or outdoor, then i personally think might be too hot.

I was intending to do hi-tea too but mine was at the rooftop so in the end, i choose dinner which is more cooling and romantic.

Food there is so so only.. not fantastic but quantity is alot. I got alot of food leftover which could allow another 10 to 15 more pple to eat. And i undercater for the number of pax turning up too.

Service as u had read above, each of us has different experience. So for me, maybe i was lucky or I got married on the same day as the mediacorp artiste, i got a good team of service staff. But for Quack, she didn't get a good team of service staff thus all the ordeal she had to went through.

pannie

I think mine was Dan.. I got my coordinator changed 4 times that i couldn't remember who is who liao. Cos their turnover within a year really too fast for me.

creamyz

hi annie, thanks for the info. I would love to have dinner too, but dinner is very ex, and is out of my budget liao..so no choice have to go for high tea...and the high tea is start from 2pm...and i arrange my JP at 3pm...so wonder will it be hot..if solem under the sun is ok, coz the ceremony is awhile only, but eat under the sun will be kiiling me and my guest...haha..i think my make-up will melt and sweat..oh dear!...now very dilema, i went to see Amara too, and like the pavilion there, and the dining area got shelter...but compare this 2, i would love CVH more as is near the sea....sigh..
now very confused lor.

pannie

Hmmm... i won't advise u to eat outside.. it's really very very hot at that timing.. I would suggest u to consider indoor.

But if u really like the seaview, why not ask the top floor italian restaurant to see if they can let u hold your solemnisation there and see what's their charges like. Maybe they could work something out to suit your budget and the interior of the restaurant also very nice.

I sort of regretted in a way that I never ask La Catrina, the italian restaurant, about it cos they have a 2nd floor that I think only open up for function on. Nice view. Go take a look and u know what i mean.

creamyz

ya i also worried it will be hot if the dining tables placed at the void deck...guest will be sweating and melting...
thanks for suggesting the italian restaurant will take a look when i go there this friday.
=)

creamyz

I was thinking can i rent the poolsite with CVH then proceed to Saltwater to have lunch /dinner...dono can or not..haha

pannie

Yes you may. I think that's what the mediacorp artiste did.

Anyway, Saltwater belong to CVH so shouldn't be an issue.

creamyz

i went on Friday and ask is it possible to have it SOlem at Poolside, but lunch at Saltwater, they said the poolside rental will be $1000++ for 1 hr usage only....so ex

huhu

Hi creamyz,
wah rental of the poolside so ex ah... if divide out then per pax is really ex....

Hi Ann,
I will be going down to NCQ next sat to place deposit. We choose them because they offer the most comprehensive package at an affordable price. However, even though we book 1.5 yr in advance, our date is taken already so we are forced to hold the banquet the next day on a mon instead... hope turn out is ok...

pannie

Hi creamyz.
Yah.. I agreed that it's really an exorbitant price to pay for pool rental. Better consider properly.

Hi hui.
Yah.. pple nowadays are more KS. They booked rather early. I was lucky to get a Saturday in Dec. Actually I more or less force a couple to give up the date cause I told Huiling I am willing to pay the deposit immediately if the couple is willing to release the date. Hehe!!

huhu

hi ann,

Ya! And I tot I was super KS. You are lucky to get the date you wanted
happy.gif

Erm... a bit like not very appropriate to talk about NCQ in CVH thread hor hehe

momoqq

having my solemnisation cum dinner buffet at the their ground floor outdoor poolside. top floor fully booked... sob! but anyway the ground floor one also real cosy n romantic during the evening/night time.

dan touw's my coordinator, meeting him this evening to sign the contract... what things i should ask or take note of before signing?

Actually met up with him last week to view the venue, and discuss over the complimentary requests... he everything also cannot one... thought of changing another coordinator. haha!

momoqq

*faint*

ann... saw your lovely photos in multiply, CVH gave you such a nice room... with petals all over, so romantic wor. and as for the favors, did you pay extra for it?