Cats Lovers??

lollipop

Aye Curly,
saw Snowball already! She's so cute! I think all kitties are cute, but yours does have a mischievous look.
biggrin.gif

seeing these photos brings back nostalgic moments. when nanook was this small, he used to climb onto my neck and sleep... It happened when I was sitting on the flr, lying on the couch... cats can be sooooo sweet they can give you diabetics!
rofl.gif

tks for sharing your photos with me. when i have time, i will compile nanook's pic and show it to you as well.

curly

Hi lollipop

It's very true that all kittens are cute. That was why I couldn't resist bring Snowball home when we saw her. If she were an adult cat, I don't think I would have brought her home.

Now, all I want to do after work is go home and spend some time with her. She's has become my first priority in life!!

Looking forward to see Nanook's pics. Meanwhile we are still taking pics of Snowball (with a proper camera). Hope they will turn out well. Will email you when available, however, it'll probably take some time.

lollipop

That's why I said no doubt we have a hard day at work, at least there is still something to look forward to when we go home. Cats can give you such warmth!

No hurry, just take your time to take more pic and lemme know when you have sent them to me.

Tks!

curly

Hey lollipop

Saw Nanook's pics!! He's simply gorgeous and he's just like a tiger. I like the yawning one!! Wished I could take a pic of Snowball like that. I tried to take some more pics of her last night but it was very difficult. There wasn't really a moment when she was still. She's always hopping everywhere. Maybe she thinks she a rabbit!! hahahah......

Sometimes I wished that she'll never grow up so that she's as cute as ever.... but of course she'll grow up and maybe as big as Nanook.

Ok gotta get back to work!!

lollipop

Curly,

Glad you like the pictures. Most of them are taken by FH...he's better with the camera than me!

And yes, my friends had said I do not have a cat at home, but a tiger... he really is huge lor. Not to mention big appetite as well.

I notice Snowball's tail is long also, just like Nanook. Yes, when she grows up, she will be beautiful... all cats are! and women are like cats, so all women are beautiful too!
rofl.gif

The one with him on the cabinet, I have it pasted on my cubicle, to brighten up my day when things go wrong....

curly

Talking about "tiger", my hubby's uncle has a big cat and he's really BIG! Not too sure how heavy he is but I dare not even try to carry him. He's probably 1.5 or 2 times the size of Nanook.

Snowball's partly abused tail has grown some hair! When we first got her, she would scream if we touched her tail but now she's alright. I do hope that she'll grow up to be a graceful lady. Looking at her now I would say NO as she's too mischeivous!!

When I have a nice pic of Snowball, I'll put it on my desk too!! Can't wait for that day to come....

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lollipop,

I want to see the photos of your cat too! Why don't you post them in the forum so that everyone get to see.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

lollipop

Hi Chin Leng,
It's just a few pictures, and pple here show their bridal photos while I show my cat's?!
rofl.gif

Anyways, have sent some to you liao.

cheer

hi pple,

its really nice hearing ur experiences with cats. i am a catlover too, i have been yearning to get a cat since young, but my father hates cats, so this urge has been bottled up ...
luckily there are many strays in my old n present neighbourhood
happy.gif

now i have gotten my new place n really hope to have a cat but my bf is a die-hard doglover (though he doesnt dislike cats, he is skeptical abt having one at home)... any advice how i can turn him into another catlover (who will love to have a cat in the house)?

curly

Hi cheer

Not too sure how you can turn your bf into a catlover. Used to argue with my hubby about cats and dogs. I am (still) very much a dog person but Snowball was so small and cute that I couldn't resist her. I must say that as each day passes and she growing, I just can't stop loving her.

Hey lollipop

Just wonder if Nanook ever scratched you?? I had a few bad scratches last night. She even sunk her nails into my toes and fingers. Worst thing is she loves bitting nothing but human. How can I stop her??

ryn

Hi Everyone!!

Hi Cheer! Nice to see you here! How did you last fitting go? I got my gowns from Elaine's. Will try to find the time to scan the pics, but so bz with work... almost dying...

Lollipop can I see the pics too? Pls send them to [email protected]

Sorry Curly, my cats dun bite, so I dun have any experience with that prob. But Merlin (the Siamese) likes to nibble my fingers on the occasion. On Sat morning, he comes up to my and puts his face into mine as if to say,"Wake up!!!". But he won't be doing that this weekend cos I'm giving him his bath, and he hates that!!!
happy.gif
After that he will ignore me for the rest of the weekend. Does anyone bathe their cats regularly? He cried like a baby each time.

I'm taking him with me when I get married. But a bit worried cos he is 100% house cat right now. We live in a apartment now. Wonder if he'll get used to it living in a house. Esp when we are on a main road too. Afraid he'll wander onto the main road...

Oh yeah, does anyone feed their cats grass? Mine likes wheat grass, and the vet says that greens are important for their digestive system. But very trouble some to grow the grass, and they dun last too long. Anyone has a solution?

lollipop

Hi Curly,
Nanook does bite. I guess cats bite because
1) they want attention
2) they just want to play with you
3) you could be patting or stroking it too much
it wants you to stop

Nanook does sink his teeth into my hands, my ankles at times, but none too serious. I suggest when Snowball bites you again,
1) Have a toy ready to distract her, a crushed
ball of paper will do the trick
2) Use the spray (Do not spray directly onto her
face)
3) Discipline her (Have to be firm with her)

Hope this helps.

Hi cheer,
My mum used to hate cats and dogs, so when I first brought Nanook in, she was like "stay away from me... dun come near me" I guess cats are smart, they are able to tell who is afraid of them and who hates them. They will work their charm around that person. I dun really know how they do it, but the next thing I know, my mum loves Nanook, she will stroke him, talk to him, play with him, tease him. Cats are manipulative, they are able to make pple like them.

If there are many strays at your pl, you can start by feeding them when your bf is around, let him see how the cats behave and hopefully, one of them will rub himself against your bf's legs... your bf should feel something for them then.

Hi Ryn,
Will send you the pictures later... wait for them!

lollipop

Hi Ryn,
Have already sent the pictures to you in the morning.

I used to bathe Nanook every week until the vet stopped me. Understand from him cats are generally very clean and do not need to be bathed occasionally. He suggested once a month, but for us, we bathe Nanook once every two weeks. He does not hate the water, but he hates getting himself dried after that because he is so big, it takes a longer time for him to lick himself dry..he's afraid of the hairdryer so we can't use that on him... what we do is dry him as much as possible.

I dun feed Nanook grass at all. I dun grow any either, so I can't really advise you on how to grow them. Yes, cats chew grass at times to clear their digestive system, get rid of the hairball and they vomit... but make sure the grass you offer to your cat is not poisonous.

cheer

hi Curly, Ryn & lollipop,

yes i agree cats are so clever in getting attention
happy.gif

the thing about my bf is that, he likes to play with cats (in fact he likes to tease the strays with his awful/seductive "meowing".... its real funny if u catch him doing that ;p) but he thinks cats will scratch and demage our wooden furnitures..... whereas dogs to him are "funiture-safe"....

thanks for the advice really, i will continue to educate my bf about the uniqueness of cats
happy.gif

well, i made a pact with him, if he has a dog eventually, i will have my cat
happy.gif

for the time being, juz have to shelf my "cat" plans a while more then, can i go play with your cats?

lollipop... i wanna see your cat pix
happy.gif

Ryn u have some too?
my email is
[email protected]

cats eat grass too? thats really interesting
happy.gif

lollipop

Hi Cheer,
I have to tell you this, Nanook scratched our sofa and it had to be discarded.

It's important to train a kittie to use a scratching post, just to discourage her from scratching furniture and carpets.... at the pet shops, they sell repellent, but it's kinda oily and doesn't really work.

Play with our cats? Erm, you mean, literally? ;)
Will send you the pic in a min.

curly

Snowball is really naughty!! Nothing can really distract her from bitting us. If you gave her a crashed paper ball, she'll probably play with it for 5 seconds before she returns her attention to us. I made her a scratching post but she wasn't too interested. Really don't know what we can do with her! *Sigh*

Till now we never bathed her. We just used a damp cloth to clean her. She's really scared of water. I always clean her paws after she's been to toilet and she's always screaming....

cheer

hi lollipop,

Nanook is so adorable! he looks juz like a little tiger
happy.gif
and that mischievious look!
he must b a proud cat :> n u guys fed him well...
where did u find him?
i love strays and all kinds of cats
happy.gif

good photography too lollipop, keep us posted with more ya :>

thanks for sharing! how i wish i have a cat..

ryn

Hi Hi!!

I got the pics, and Nanook is sooo adorable!!!! I have some pics, but Merlin looks like a gremlin, so I'm going to try again. I bathe him abt every 2 weeks too. He likes being in the bath, but hates everything else. Forget the dryer too. If that fatty can run, that's the fastest I've ever seen him disappear!
happy.gif

lollipop

Hi Curly,

Dunno whether cats go through teething stage... but there was this period where he loved to bite us, kicked our ankles.... I guess Snowball must be going through that as well... give her time, continue to be patient with her. Cat's attention span is very very short.... they are so temperamental they can play with you one minute and bite you another.

Give her a stuffed toy or sock. Hopefully her attention will be channelled to the new toy.

You clean her paws after she visits the toilet?! Not all cats likes water... guess you have to train Snowball. Or have you been bathing her with cold water? They like warm water.

Hi Cheer,
Glad you like the pictures. Found him under my block 4 years ago! Never regretted bringing him up. It must have been the fates, because even though I love cats and played with strays prior Nanook's existence, he was the first and only cat which made it to my house!

FH took the pictures of Nanook.
proud.gif

Hi Ryn,
Would love to see how Merlin looks like. But why did you associate him with a Gremlin?! Do you mean Gizmo?
biggrin.gif

My sweet bozo also run away, with water dripping everywhere, whenever we tried to use the hairdryer on him.

curly

Hi lollipop

Yes, she's at her teething stage and I hope she'll get over this very soon. She loves straws and we got her so many bubble tea straws.

I had never bathed her. I only clean her with a damp cloth. Maybe I should use warm water to clean her paws from now on. Just like to know if you shampoo Nanook. Thinking of asking my hubby to bath her.

lollipop

Hi Curly,

Giving her straws may be dangerous, esp the sharp ends. Afraid she might be so "hiong" until the straws poke her eye. May want to reconsider.

Yes, we do shampoo Nanook. These shampoos can be found at petshops. Think it costs about $8+, but ordinary shampoos are good enough, dun give her those with flea protection. This was what the owner told me... if we aren't sure if the cat has got fleas, then better dun use this kind of shampoo on her because it might be too strong.
My mum and I bathe him. My mum will hold on to Nanook, while I use the faucet to wash off all the sud from him. He likes it though. ;)

It's better to get another person to help you when it comes to bathing Snowball. The cat might be too hyper or too scared you need the other to reassure her, to hold on to her firmly.

curly

Hi lollipop

Thanks for your advice. In that case, we might have to find an alternative. I suppose I can help in bathing Snowball too. It would be interesting to see how she'll react. Thanks again.

lollipop

Hi Curly,
No problem lah...

Last night, FH and I saw 5 strays at Hougang Mall. We played with 2. Stroked their chins and patted their heads. One of them has got very nice "pattern" Swirly bands and brown in colour. I've decided to "christen" her "Chocolate Malt"
lame.gif

And if you stay near the East Side, there are lots of strays in Eunos, and there's this particular white cat, think she's pregnant, she's white and has blue eyes, and has a light brown patch for her nose. I call her "Bak Chok" meaning porridge in Cantonese.

So silly hor?

curly

Wow lollipop, you even give names to the strays!! Do they recognise you?? Do you stay at Hougang?? My parents stay there.

lollipop

Dunno whether they recognise me, but when I made the "tse tse" sounds, they will come to me...maybe they recognise my voice, or maybe I look like a big fish!
rofl.gif

I stay in Hougang. Which area's your parents staying?

curly

You look like a fish?! What type? Goldfish? hahaha.......

My parents stay near Monfort School. Actually I am here now.

lollipop

I think I look like a stingray.
rofl.gif

Will be on course on Wed and Thur, and on leave, Friday. There won't be any chance for me to post or read msg during that period.

Dun miss me ah
lame.gif

Will write next Monday. *sob*

jazz

Hello!

Anybody interested in keeping a cat? My colleague had to give it away and he's looking for owner.

Name: B-girl
Sex: female
Breed: Asian short hair (I think...)
Colour: White base with yellow patches
Character: very timid but tamed, can't live without human's care, has already been neutered.

Please contact me if you're interested. The email address is [email protected]. Thanks!

Cheers, Jazz

lollipop

Hi Curly,

Saw the pictures of Snowball liao! She's adorable! I like the black patch on her nose ;)
Thanks for sharing them with mua. I esp like the fifth picture! My Nanook always does this also! Very obsene at times ;)

Just to let you know, I have already selected my flat. It will only be ready next April, and it is near the LRT station, very windy, no afternoon sun, no direct blockage, can see the sea and high flr somemore... *sheepish grin*

You know, Snowball is slowly "transforming". Take more pictures of her before you realised how big she has become. Do you weigh her?

curly

Hi lollipop

I like her black patch too!! She's definitely growing. I really missed the 6 to 7 weeks old Snowball..... We'll definitely try to take as many pictures as we can. We haven't weigh her yet since she's still small. You know, she loves to attack my food when I'm eating. But I'm not too sure what exactly that she can't be fed. The vet told us not to feed her chocolate and onion.

Oh yes, I'm wondering if it's safe to send her to a pet hotel. Do you have any idea?

Wow, can see the sea!! Where's your new flat?

lollipop

Why do you want to send her to a pet hotel? Are you going away? When I went for a 3-day cruise, I had to put her in a boarding house, and I was soo sad. I remembered I cried right after putting her there...it's silly, but this is how attached I am to Nanook. I used Cathy Cats Svcs at Joo Chiat, but I think they have either closed down or relocated. Why dun you check the Yellow Pages?

Cats aer so greedy they eat anything. But my Nanook is fussy. He only eats fish. No fishballs or fish cakes. He eats cheese and salmon, scrambled eggs as well. Oh, and ikan bilis crackers! As long as the food you are giving her is not salty and sweet, it should be ok. I know of someone who gives her cats fruits.

My flat will be in P21.

curly

I am not going away yet. It's just that I'll be having 2 2-week holiday in Europe this year. My last resort is my brother. A boarding house? Never heard of..... very sua ku!! I'll look into yellow pages.

So far, we restrict Snowball to her kind of food. But every time she sees me eating, she'll give me a pity look..... Cats fruits?? What's that?

lollipop

Hi Jazz,

Would love to have another cat but Nanook is a very jealous cat and doesn't react well to other cats. Hope you can find a catlover soon.

Hi Curly,
A boarding hse is one when the owner goes away and leave their pets under their care. Cathy Cats Svcs has many catteries, and they segregate them but they are still able to see one another. They are fed with dry food (only) and have a toy to play with. Not to mention a sleeping area and scratching post as well.

Not cats fruits lah... my friend gave her cats, fruits. chopped into tiny pcs, but I won't encourage that lor. cats they eat sooo fast they may choke on these huge pcs.

talk to you again. meanwhile, keep those pic coming!

E

eunicetan

halo gals,

we picked up a stray kitten yesternite n wonder how to take care of it. is there any cheap n good pet clinic tat i can bring her to for checkup n cleaning?
currently she's in a big cage n we put her in a box with a towel to sleep in. we dunno wat to feed her with n can she eat dog food?
wat other essentials do i need? how do i fatten her up?
junior is very curious abt her n wanted to get close to her but she gets a bit defensive n snarls at him sometimes when he gets real close to her.

all advice greatly appreciated!

lollipop

Hi Eunice,
I think the price for vaccinations are generally the same.. you can bring it to any vet. The vet will give it its first vacinnation, and you can request for the vet to clean its ears and nose, clip its claws, and yes, ask to deworm it.

Do not give the kittie any milk. In fact, I dun feed Nanook milk also. Milk and cats do not go together. Give her some dry food for the time being. Dun worry about fattening it up, it'll keep asking you for food
happy.gif

I think it is wary of Junior. Defensive, that is why it snarls. Give them ample time to get used to each other. BTW, how small is it?

Curly just adopted a kittie. You can ask her for advise too ;)

curly

I'm not too sure if I can give the right advices!! It'll be her 5th week with us this coming Sunday! Time really flies.

I gave her some smashed egg (hard boiled) last night. She was quite suspicious at first but had some. Hopefully she won't get stomach upset today!!

She scared the hell out of me last night as well. I went into the shower and when I came out, she was no where to be found. But I could hear her. Guess what?? She was sitting at the window grill and the window was opened! I shut all the windows immediately in case she jumped out of the window.....

E

eunicetan

halo lollipop n curly,

me juz bought kitty litter, scoop, whiskas food, vitamins n toys for my kitty. btw, my hubby named her 'Orange'
proud.gif

u warned me abt the milk thing but it was too late. my sis in law oredi gave her some milk. i fed her with whiskas chicken for kittens (dry food mixed with a bit of water) as advised by the petshop owner. she ate it all up n while she's eating, i set up an empty tissue box as her litter tray n put some kitty litter inside. after a while, i put her in the cage n watched for her reaction. she started scratchin the cloth n the tissue box n oso played with the sand. soon, she actually pooed into the sand box!
proud.gif
she covered it back but becos the box was too small, some of the sand fell out n she actually tried to put it back
lol.gif
she doesnt like to be in the cage tho' but i cant help it cos she's soooo small n im afraid junior would attack her.

btw, she doesnt really enjoy the toys i got for her. so i took ur advice n gave her crushed paper tied to a string. she enjoyed it a lot
proud.gif
should've save my money instead
lame.gif

another thing, she likes to bite. is this normal? i mean now she's little, so her bite isnt painful but wat if she continues biting when she grows bigger?? btw, she's real small, maybe abt palm sized. will try n show u her pics tomorrow
happy.gif

curly

Hey Eunice

You are quick to get everything for her! For us we delayed like half a week and she was peeing and pooing outside the litter tray.

So, is Orange ginger colour? She's abt a palm size!! She must be really cute then.

Snowball is about 11 to 12 weeks old now. She still loves to bite. My arms and legs are full of scars.... Really don't know how to discipline her!

lollipop

Hi Curly and Eunice,
Nanook did a naughty thing 2 nights ago. I was reading LOTR storybook and I left it opened for awhile to go to the kitchen. When I came back to my room, he was sitting on my book and had a rather guilty face upon seeing me. Turned out he bit the pages and there was a hole right in the middle of the page, and I haven't got to reading that part yet. I was angry, and I smacked him (not hard, no worries) and told him he was naughty, and that he shouldn't have done it. I told him not to sleep with me that night also. After that he ran out from my rm, and stayed outside my dr, still bearing the guilty, "oh-i'm-sorry" look. I felt bad and went out, talked to him, while still smacking his butt (very fleshy, very nice to pat!
biggrin.gif
) and told him not to do it again. That night he slept with me. Last night, he slept with me too, but this time round, he cuddled by my side...
happy.gif

Whoa Eunice, I agree with Curly, got so many things ready... it's good Orange knows how to use the "litter tray"... Orange is one name I christened one of the strays. he's beautiful, his eyes are amber in colour and has a white belly patch like Nanook. I call them tuxedo cats
biggrin.gif

Cats love to bite, and yes, that's normal!
biggrin.gif
but as they get older, you have to discipline them. Sprinkle water on them when they do it again. You may use the spray, but dun aim it on its face. Alternatively, throw a ball of paper to quickly divert its attention.

Is Orange a tabby too?

E

eunicetan

halo curly n lollipop,

ive attached a pic of orange here
happy.gif
i think my hubby loves her more than i do! junior keeps wantin to be with orange n i think maybe he wans to play with her but becos he's so big n she's so small so naturally his play is too rough on her. he even tried to put his paw on her but orange began to get nervous. junior is oso gettin very possessive of us n always prevent us from gettin near orange. he even eats her food!
lame.gif

3499.jpg

E

eunicetan

here's another pic of orange with junior. a rare moment
proud.gif
junior licks her n growls at her alternately
lame.gif

3500.jpg

curly

Hey Eunice

Both Junior and Orange are beautiful!! Orange is so........ cute! I'm sure both of them will become very good friends.

E

eunicetan

Halo Curly,

thanks for ur lovely comments
happy.gif

yesternite we juz bought a scratchin post from pet symphony which costs $30+. we oso tried to get a collar for her but none of the collars were small eno'. anyway, we brought the post home n she scratched a bit then she decided playin with the paper bag's nylon handles were much more fun
lame.gif

she's gettin more aggressive lately. she scratches n bites alot
sad.gif
we brought her to the vet yesterday for her vaccination n the vet asked if we wanted to declaw her. im quite ok with the idea but hubby n sis-in-law rejected strongly. wat do u gals think?

currently orange's eyes are blue but i believe most kittens have blue eyes which will change later when they grow up. does anyone hav any idea when tat should happen? the vet judged tat orange is 6 weeks old n he said tat she should be born either last week of dec or 1st week of jan. so we decided to set 31 dec as her date of birth. initially i thot of having her bday on 28 dec which is the same as mine but then not fair to hubby since he really loves her a lot now
proud.gif

junior is gettin along well with orange n likes to lick her which leaves her fur all wet n sticky
lame.gif
but sometimes he's too rough n she'll get angry. now when we wan to look for orange, we'll simply ask junior, "where's orange?" n he'll start lookin for her
proud.gif
if only we could teach him to pick her up by her neck
uhoh.gif