Carlton Hotel

shook

Hihi Aquarius 888
I wanna mingle wif my guests. Think it is not quite possible huh. BTW how many tables did u had 4 ur banquet?
I m planning to go Europe. My hubby wanted a free n easy trip. Wanna look ard 2 c if any couple interested to go honeymoon together then can help each other to take photos n more ppl more fun. But seems like no one fm Singaporebrides is interested.

Hihi Passion Fruit Latte
did u read feedback fm Aquarius 888?

aquarius_888

Hi Shook

Europe is nice. But will it better if you and your hubby go on a guided instead of free & easy? At least there will be other tour members and you can ask them to help take pics for you all and I am pretty sure you will be able to meet honeymooners like yourself during the trip cos Europe is a popular honeymoon destination. Not to say there will be a tour guide to take care of you guys. BUt of course disadvantage is that you will not be having a lot of free time
happy.gif

As for my banquet, I only had about 20 tables and thus the space between each table is quite big and spacious.
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Acquarius
My hubby actually wanted to back pack but we got no time to read up info on Europe. So he said free n easy lor. He said can save a lot on tips oso
biggrin.gif
Euro dollar strong, things r x there. Hope our plan materialize
happy.gif

Wz ur banquet held in the ballrm on the 4th level? Jerrie told me min is 30 tables 4 ballrm on the 2nd level.

wiz

Aquarius 888

Yes I also would like to know how many tables you had on your wedding nite. I am only given 20 litres. Dunno enuff or not. Did you have to open another barrel? Can we use hard liquor bought from DFS?

I really felt that the ballroom is a bit small. Wonder if it would be cramp if I have up to about 38 tables

aquarius_888

Hi Shook

I see. Agree with you on the part on saving tips cos on guided tours you are 'forced' to pay tips. :p

My dinner is held on the 2nd floor as we had more tables initially but the number lessen.

Hi Wiz

I had 21 confirmed tables and 2 reserve eventually. I did not open another barrel as I sign up for my package in yr 2001 during their wedding show and it comes with 50 litres beer. I should think that using DFS liquor is not a big issue. Maybe you can just paste something over or tie a nice ribbon over it. Also I realise that their new package next year comes with either potpourri or chocolates for guests but we only had the normal fruit cakes. So I think cannot compare too much cos they may give you something better in exchange for the stuffs that they took out.
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Aquarius 888
Wow lucky u, got 2nd level ballrm 4 21 tables. I gotta confirmed 30 tables in the contract.
So u gotta pay 4 another 8litres of bear huh. Wz tis additional 8litre ordered by glass or??
Did u let ur guests have beer served during cocktail reception?

aquarius_888

Hi Shook

The 8 litres will be paid by per glass cos it will be very costly to pay by the barrel.

Yup, I did serve beer and wine during the reception.

wiz

Hi all,

I may have up to 38 tables and Using the biggest ballrm Carlton has. But it is stil goona be very cramp. The ballroom seems to be very small. Do you all agree? Anyone had about 38 tables in Carlton before? Was it cramp? The stage seems small too

aquarius_888

Hi Wiz

I ever see the ballroom with about 41 tables and it does look abit cramp. But maybe you would like to discuss with them about the layout of the tables? The stage is small compared to alot of hotels but personally I find that it's ok as you will not really walk about on stage. That was my initial thought too but when on the actual dinner, you really dun have the time to notice that it's small. Dun worry
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Aquarius 888
A banquet manager fm another hotel suggested dat we dun serve beer, wine n liquor during cocktail reception coz that is when the beverages were wasted. Actually I intend not to serve beer, wine n liquor during cocktail reception unless upon request. However the reception @ Carlton is so small. Like wat u said u gotta let ur guests into the ballrm as soon as they arrived @ the reception area. Since the waiter/waitress will ask the guests wat beverage they want once they r sitted, then v difficult to control liao
sad.gif

Hihi Wiz
The max capacity 4 the big ballrm is 40 tables. Think it shld b alright 4 u

aquarius_888

Hi Shook

Think you are right on that. For my case is only if the guest request for the beer and wine then they will serve. Apart from that they will only bring out soft drinks.
happy.gif

F

fair person

Passion Fruit Latte,
We have no positioning and no right to judge any one or hotel.Let The Lord Jesus to deal with the people.
We knew that it is always a 2 sided stories, since Aquarius 888 just had the wedding dinner in Carlton. I guess Carlton would not run down by anyone so easily, but the couple who was on paper really have to live with ashame with the rest of their life, due to their one nite wedding dinner , they became famous in Singapore and everyone talk about it !!
* And I also not an employee from Carlton ! That's for sure !

wiz

Hi All,

My wedding is finally over... Can take a breather finally. Well, thought it would be nice to write my feedback so that those brides and groom who signed up with Carlton would get to know more...

My experience with them is quite good.... I was lucky, I must say... Nothing went wrong during the dinner. Must say that my co-ordinator on that day is very nice and efficient. He kept smiling and assuring us that everything would be fine. He even gave us advice how we should march in... He gave us all his attention... I had 35 tables and thought it was just right. I think the ballroom is not that big ... so should not have too many tables...

After dinner they even sent food to us and our helpers who stayed behind to sabo us... hee.

All the best to all of you!!! Well, just make sure that your co-ordinator (as in your relative or friend) has communicated well to the banquet mgr, then should not have any problem...

shook

Hihi Wiz Lim

U mean they sent food to u automatically? Do u have to pay 4 it? I thot of asking them to pack some food fm the banquet 4 me since I won't have the chance to taste the food 4 my banquet.

Thx 4 the feedback. It enhance my confidence n trust 4 Carlton.

raetan

hi ladies, jus attended hubby's cousin's wedding at Carlton dd 30 nov. No hipcups or whatsoever, service quite prompted, food a bit saltish bt overall quite alrite, cn see tat the part-timers were trying their best to serve their guests quickly. total abt 35/6 tables.

wiz

Hi Shook,

Yes, when I spoke to Peggy about the packing of food, she seemed unwilling but on the actual day, the co-ordinator, Andy asked me if I wanted the banquet food to be sent to our room. They even put it in the warmer so as to keep them warm. However, in the end... it was pretty late and we really didn't want those banquet food so they brought us club sandwiches, fries and orange juice instead... of cos' F.O.C. Must say that the suite was good. Kinda big and near to the ballroom.

Carlton was so accomodating that when we requested for a Helpers' room, they gave it to us FOC too but from 4pm to 10 pm for our helpers to change and get ready... Hee. we have a lot of Ah Yees and Brothers...

Try to talk to Peggy. She is real nice.. and of cos' try to ask for Andy to be there on your actual day.

Even as I am writing this, can;t help but feel so glad that everything went on smoothly and wonderfully for my wedding... Yu know lah... after what had happened.. was kinda worried..

shook

Hihi Raetan
Thx 4 the feedback

Hihi Wiz Lim
Is the banquet mgr dat u contact Peggy? Mine is Jerrie. So it won't b nice 4 me to ask 4 Peggy. Is Andy the operation manager? How nice of him. Tis is really customer service.
How many ah yees n brothers did u have? How many helpers' rm did they give u?
BTW do u have unconsumed table?
How much beer wz consumed during ur banquet?
Did u stayed in the rm or mingle wif ur guests during the cocktail reception?
Did u bring duty free or duty paid hard liquor n wine?
Sorry 4 asking so many questions.

aquarius_888

Hi Wiz Lim

Congrats! Glad your wedding went smoothly too
happy.gif

My Operations Manager is also Andy and Banquet Sales is Jerrie. Yup, Andy also brought us food before the dinner and after the dinner. In fact we wrote a letter of commendation to the hotel too.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi Shook

Dun worry Jerrie is a very nice lady
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Aquarius

The 1st time my hubby n me met Jerrie, she wz a NO man. We actually dropped Carlton fm our list. When we met her the 2nd time during their bridal show (she invited us), she wz flexible n friendly. Dat made us put Carlton back on our list, top of our list
happy.gif

BTW how did u bring in duty free hard liquor n wine on ur wedding??

Saw ur posting in other thread. U gonna stay in Sengkang huh. Me 2 after my customary. U wanna join us in Sengkang area ... place of gathering thread?

Selamat Harri Raya Puasa
happy.gif
happy.gif

wiz

Hi Shook,

To answer your questions,

I have 5 Ah Yees and 4 uncles. Some were helping me as photographer and videographer. Since they were also helping me for dinner, I got a room for them to get ready for the dinner... Peggy was real nice to give me a room. You can try if you need. THink it does not really cost them.

I have 34 + 1 reserve tables. Attendance was good for my wedding banquet so no uncomsumed tables. The key is really to RSVP properly. SOme of my friends even called or SMS their friends to remind them. Well, I didn;t. 2 of my friends forgot about the dinner. But never mind lah, right?

I served beer, red wine, white wine and hard liqour during the dinner. I was given 1 30 litre barrel but not enuff leh.... opened 2 more barrels which cost me about $1100. We used up 3 bottles of XO, 21 bottles of red wine and 2 bottles of white wine. THink red wine more popular. Actually didn't want to serve wine or liquor... but my parents insisted so...

My in-laws had XO which were non duty-free so no prob for us. Well, if yours are duty-free can always transfer bottles. They should allow. If not, serve red wine.. in-thing nowadays and much cheaper.

I stayed in the room till most of my guests were in the ballroom. My own co-ordinator called at about 8.15pm to get me to go down. Once I was there, I was to get ready for the march in liao. Must say that my own coordinator is very efficient and communicated well with Andy.

Hope that I have answered all your qns.

shook

Hihi Wiz Lim

9 helpers to a helper rm?? Is it enuff?

Like ur advise how u did RSVP 4 relatives. Think friends n colleague no problem, but relatives, especially the senior ones r not happy when u ask them how many coming. My aunt said 1 of my uncle asked how many people fm her family going to attend his daughter's wedding. She said if he can afford to throw a dinner, y bother 2 check how many going? She said can go back 4 the unconsumed table next time. I told her hotel dun allow dat. She said asked me u holding banquet in a 3 star hotel is it? She oso commented hotel's food taste terrible.

I intend to mingle wif the guests during the cocktail reception. Found dat the reception area in Carlton hotel is v small. So, wondering how bride who mingle wif guests do.

BTW did u go back to the bridal suite 2 change ur evening gown or there is a room near the ballrm 4 u to change ur gown?

wiz

Hi Shook,

Sorry, just came back from honeymoon. Well, as for me, I* didn't really mingle with my guests. I went down at about 8.15pm when most of guests were seated. I thought, when I march in , then more impact. Dunoo.... up to you. But agree that the area for cocktail is indeed small.

I went back to my room to change. No worries about that cos' it is pretty near. In fact, I have 3 changes of gowns so should not have any problem.

As for the rooms.... the guys took one room and the gals took one room... I thought it was fun and also convenient.

shook

Hihi Wiz

Where did u go for honeymoon?

Which level is ur rm?

U mean u were given 2 day use rms 4 the helpers?

Wish u n ur family a verry happy X'mas

tingting

hallo..not sure if this forum here is still alive..I'll be signing up Carlton for wedding dinner end of this year, and would like to know what sort of bargains I can negotiate with the hotel. Do all have to be stated in the confirmation contract? Let me know if you have any tips! Thanks!

shook

Tingting

I bargained on the 1st appt but the banquet manager juz smiled and gave a fade negative answer. Actually dropped Carlton off my list. It happened dat we were invited to their bridal show. We talked to the same banquet manager the 2nd time after seeing the package which is fairly comprehensive. We juz exchanged 4 certain items. We were given some suprises when we signed the contract.

wiz

Hi Shook,

Sorry.... was real busy and after I got married, seldom come into this forum. Well, I went to Cairns and Gold Coast for honeymoon. Loved it. A lot of fun things to do as a couple. Eg. Diving, hot air ballooning, free flying, go-karting, hee. shopping!!!

Hmm, I can't remember the level. But remember it is quite high up. think it is 26th floor but not sure. It is the few bridal suites that the hotel has. It is in the old wing. PRetty big I must say. For the helpers'room, i mangaged to get to use it from about 4 pm - 10 pm that day. Thought it is good enuff...
My co-ordinator is Peggy. How about yours? When are you having your wedding celebration? Did you get free flow of beer? I didn't and end up, I have to open three more barrels and they cost me $1000 over dollars cos' one barrel is $550+++.

All the best

shook

Hihi Wiz Lim

Not a problem. Can understand dat life is busier after marriage since u gotta do everything on your own.

Were u given 1 or more than 1 helpers' rm?

My co-ordinator is Jerrie. She penned it in the contract dat we will b given helpers' rm. Din mention how many.

My wedding is May this year.

There is no free flow of beer in the package. Wonder if I can buy beer fm APB n bring in without corkage.

tingting

Hi Shook,

I've signed the confirmation with Carlton already (i'm with Jerrie too). It did not mention about the number of helpers that would be provided..oh no..think I left out several things that are important..i thought it would be a standard contract...although i did get her to include waiver of corkage for wine (not in std package). Suppose you attended the bridal show last year? I heard that the deal was quite good. I've got a friend who's getting married there in apr this yr, n her co-ord is also Jerrie. She said Jerrie's quite flexible in accommodating her wants..guess as a december bride my bargaining power is much less.

wiz

Hi Shook,

I have got 1 helpers' room. Think it is more than enuff cos' they will not be staying inside for long. It is more for them to get ready before the dinner. At about 6.30 - 7.00 pm, they will have to start work liao. Not sure about the beer. I am sure the way you mentioned would definitely be much cheaper.

shook

Hihi Wiz_Lim
I thot of letting my helpers take a rest in the helpers' rm after the customary . So 1 rm won't b enuff. Anyway, see how it goes.
Thank you for answering so much of my queries.
Gong Xi Fa Cai.
16055.gif

Hihi Tingting
Helpers' rm was offered by Jerrie. I din ask for it. She penned it dwn in the contract. It came as a surprise to us. Waiver of corkage for wine is for certain no of bottles (can't remember how many liao). This is oso included in the contract.
Yep, I attended the bridal show last yr, the package is fairly attractive, n Jerrie was indeed v accomodating n friendly during the bridal show (she was v rigid during our 1st meeting) dat's y we selected Carlton tho we dropped it off fm our shortlisted hotels.

wiz

Hi Shook,

Thanks!!! Gong Xi Fa Cai too!!!

Just wondering how much you people are paying per table

tingting

well, i've basically no complaints about Jerrie..she seems nice enough n my fren also recommended it. as for the other perks that are not stated in contract, well i'll just have to keep my fingers crossed (for 9 months till preparations start!) that she'll do what she's verbally promised...

wiz

Wow... Price Increased liao. I paid $698 nett last year. Maybe you have some freebies that I don't. Do you get a nite stay at the hotel on your 1st year anniversary?

Well, some of my firends got it at other hotels eg. Concorde Hotel. But I didn;t get it from Carlton. Are you entitled ?

M

mc

Hi Shook,

So your dinner is in May. Me too! which date is yours?

Cheers!

MC

shook

Hihi MC

So happy to come across a May Carlton bride. My wedding is on 11th May. How abt u?

Who is your coordinator?

Have u received the invitation cards?

wiz

Hi Shook,

I had only one night stay. But was alright with it. I am more than eager to go back to my new house. All the best to your wedding preps as it draws nearer

meimei

I just called up Carlton this afternoon and was told that they're doing a wedding promotion at Taka this weekend, but they refuse to review any extra freebies given for this promotion, anyone got any lobang what freebiess are giving ? = (

babyvon

Hi all!

I wld like to chk with any Carlton brides who had their wedd'g held in Carlton recently...Hrd Carlton's been awarded the 4Stars last year & the mgmt has since been chged after the ugly incident last yr (regrd'g the hold'g bk of guests).

Any of u cld kindly share ur experiences regrd'g ur wedd'g? Was the svc up to ur expectations? Hw was the food catered? Were they accomodat'g to last mins requests..if we need on actual day? Thks!

tingting

hi babyvon,

I've attended a wedding there recently, and will be holding my own there at the end of the year. I find the food pretty good, and my fren also had a good experience with the staff there. one thing is that the presentation of the food,etc is closer to restaurant style rather than a ballroom kind..if you don't mind..

babyvon

Hi Tingting,

Thks!
happy.gif
I'll b hold'g my wedd'g there too, in Nov...wanted to find out mre abt the flavors they provide cos' wasn't reali please with the pillars & carpet of the ballrm.

When's ur wedd'g? Hv u gone for ur food-tast'g? Who's ur coordinator?
happy.gif

tingting

my coordinator's Jerrie...think there's only one is it? my fren was also attended to by her. my wedding's in dec, so food tasting's only about 1 mth before the wedding date...

on hindsight, maybe i should have asked for more things to be included in the contract...mine's quite basic without much freebies thrown in..but then maybe it's bcos mine's a weekend so the date is more in demand. Agree that the setting and all not really comparable to the orchard road hotels, but guess this is more for relatives so we placed emphasis on food. it also fits our budget better..
happy.gif

aquarius_888

Hi ting ting & babyvon

I held my wedding dinner there in Oct 2002. It is a 4 star hotel and we were very pleased with the food and service. The service staff and banquet operations manager are all helpful and friendly. I got a couple of good feedbacks from my guest too. My coordinator is also Jerrie and we find her very accomodating.
happy.gif
I too find that the food is nice and also they are quite generous with the portion.
happy.gif
Location wise is also good cos near to MRT. Hope you gals will have an enjoyable wedding there.
happy.gif

shook

I had my wedding banquet in Carlton hotel 2 weeks ago. My coordinator is Jerrie. The banquet supervisor on my wedding day is Raymond. My experience is need to check n double check wif Jerrie. She missed out things which she promised to provide. Raymond is v v gd n professional. He took initiative in many things n cater to customers' needs.

Feedback fm my guests, the food is v delicious but service is super slow. Guess they r v short handed coz my wedding is on Mother's day. Jerrie assured me dat they can handle as I foresee this problem b4 my wedding. Reality proves dat she is v wrong.

Not 2 worry, on the whole, my guests r v happy n we r happy 2. I still wanna say Carlton is a gd choice.

babyvon

Hi Aquarius,

Thks for the reassuarance! I talked to Jerrie instead of Peggy 'cos when i called up aft the wedd'g fair in March, Peggy wasn't ard.

I chose Carlton 'cos it fits my budget & the food's good by word-of-mouth...Nw with ur reassurance, i'm mre confident! Thks agn!
happy.gif

So, u mus b enjoy'g ur married life...wish'g ya a blessed & blissful marriage in the com'g yrs! Cheers!
happy.gif

Hello Shook,

Thks for ur reassurance too!
happy.gif
U held ur wedd'g on the 11th of May? Isit ur actual ROM day 2? I ROM'ed last yr on the 11th so it was my 1st yr anniversary tt day!
wink.gif

Did u request for a helper's room frm Jerrie? Wat wedd'g flavor did u ask frm them? Wat flowers did they decorate the ballrm with? Did they hv candles in bowls, filled with h2o? I hven't discussed with Jerrie yet as mine's in Nov.

With ur advice, i tink i better remind her shld she promises smthg, jus in case she 4gets.

Btw, were u the 1 who had Daniel/Epsilon as ur emcee? I mged to book him for mine but yet to discuss with him...Betcha u must hv had lotsa fun tt nite!

Did u take the temperature for ur guests? Was it troublesome?
sad.gif
I reali do hope the Sars situation will improve real soon!

Here's wish'g u a blessed & blissful marriage life!
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Babyvon

I ROMed last yr in Oct. U have your big day on your 1st anniversary. Dat's nice.

We din ask 4 a helpers' rm. Jerrie offered it in our contract.

We chose the chopstick as wedding flavor. Our guests love it. Too bad my hubby 4got to keep a pair 4 ourselves
sad.gif

Roses was used for decorating the ballrm. They hv candles in bowls, filled with h2o. We met Jerrie to collect invitation cards. All other communications were done thru emails.

I had Daniel/Epsilon as my emcee. He wz excellent but our banquet wld b more interesting n fun if my hubby wz not nervous. There were many hiccups b4 my banquet commenced. My hubby had to handle everything all by himself till he wz sooooo....... nervous during the 1st march in. So Daniel withdrew many things dat he planned to do. Daniel is v v gd. Dun have to worry. Juz enjoy your wedding.

Carlton provided a scanner to take temperature for our guests. I dunno if they will do it or is it upon our request. Well, hopefully by Nov, SARs is OUT of Singapore.

elaine77

Hi everyone,

Im having my ROm solemnisation at Carlton on september. Seems that thier ROM package is quite popular, hopefully everythings goes well. Because mine is at poolside, hopefully it dun rains if not i will have to use the smaller ballroom for the solemnisation. For wedding dinner u need the scanner,what about ROM, do our guests need to measure temperatures? Hope that by sept, everything is ok.

shook

Hihi elaine77

It is v nice to have your solemnisation @ the poolside. Carlton has a very nice pool n the environment there is pretty.
U might consider if u need scanner closer to the date. Situation might turn better since it is getting better each day
happy.gif