Carlton Hotel

aniger

Hi Summer,

How's your meet up with Joanna? Was the perks good? Did you sign up for the package at Carlton? I'm interested to know more, would appreciate if you can email me at [email protected].

Thanks & Regards.

canary

Hi all,

Just to share that we recently visited the carlton new wing ballroom, look quite good! the ceiling is high (which is important to us), and the light fixtures are quite unique compared to other hotel ballrooms. The new wing is definitely better than the old ballrooms which has much lower ceiling...

The packages looks ok too, think not too expensive when compared to other hotels.

canary

Hey Gin,

You can look for Bonnie at [email protected]. She is very friendly and energetic, and responds to email quite promptly.
happy.gif

accyt1978

oh you lucky BTB...

i wished i had mine in the new ballroom then.. they delayed the reno and i had to settle mine in the super old.. but what the hack.. i broke even for my 34 tables then... price then was a mere 8XX+ nett...

This days its tough to break even.. unless the ang baos starts from $120... hehee..

My take on the food is, it's great.. no bad reviews from my friends and relatives..

take the PI PA DUCK, STEAM PRAWN... sure a delight for most guests..

maggie13

Hi Ellen, my hubby & 1 went down last Fri.. the old ballroom is still touching up.. they refurnished it.. the new ballroom v nice with high ceilings.. i didn't take pics of the old one.. i got pics for the new one though..

May I know when is your big day?

wentan81

Hi Maggie,

I'm one of the BTB in Oct/Dec period and is looking at Carlton too. Understand they undergo reno. Any bad reviews about their food and service so far? Can you share with me your pictures too on the new ballroom? MY email is [email protected]

Thanks

claud

Hi All,

I'm a BTB in 2011 and have shortlisted Carlton as one of my choice for a small gp of ppl of 140pax.

Can anyone share their package as well as the pics of the ballroom?

My email add is [email protected]

udee

Hi,

I've seen the new ballroom. It's very zen style. Not with the usual crystal chandeliers. I think there's a pic in the latest style weddings mag. You might want to take a peek.

wentan81

Hi all,

I've selected the below hotels for my wedding next year in Dec.

1) Carlton
2) Novotel Clarke Quay
3) Sheraton
4) Pan Pac- Ocean Ballroom

Can anyone share with me urgently on the good/bad reviews on the above hotels? Particulary on food, service and ballroom decor.

Thank you

piggypig04

Dear All,

Had my wedding dinner held at Carlton Hotel last month. Sad to say, it is very disappointing in term of food, service and the bridal suite.

The 2 main plus points are the new ballroom and hotel location.

piggypig04

Hi,

This is your 1st post. not sure you are Carlton Staff a not. Anyway i will report according to our experiences even if they are viewing this forum. Apart from small matters,

1. Food tasting was below expectation given their award winning reputation. Comparisons with recent food tasting at Grand Copthrone and M Hotel(not well known for food and services) where the chefs even came out to greet and introduce dishes (is a bonus). Overall the food itself is inferior compared to both Hotels mentioned, my family members agreed as well. Highlighted to them, hope they will improve.

2. Actual day, worm was found in broccoli and Banquet Manager did not informed us at all. Until next day, we rx text from our friend. BM shld at least inform us of this incident cos how to we know whether the rest of the broccoli condition and also we are paying for the banquet. Our guest is our top priority.

3. When asked for explanation, F&B Management replied sarcastically with numerous of spelling mistakes and using '' on Professional Service Provider and contaminated. Lack of sincerity and good service shown in both emails replied. Their investigation is non-conclusive where in actual fact, a worm was found in the vege. Totally pi**ed off by their attitude via emails.

4. Bridal room is old and small bath hub. Anyway is for one night so is still alright.

Anyway ball room is cosy and location is ideal. But given a choice, i will choice other hotel because of the poor services and food. this is just our opinion. You might not encounter all these since they are warned base on out incident but we are truly disappointed.

Good luck and happy wedding!

wintumnsky

Thanks for sharing..

I m a nxt yr BTB and have made a booking at there but haven gone down to discuss on d terms n paid deposit. But aft reading the posts here, I m quite doubtful on whether to confirm but then many other venues have been taken already.. So seem like not much choice.. Only can learn what to highlight to coordinator...

Anw I went on sat to see d ballroom n dere was a wedding going on n we actually peeped in n saw a waitress dropped the whole plate on floor when clearing.. But bf say this is normal n can't be prevent as banquets always hire part timers one... =(