Carlton Hotel

tge25

Hello Elchwong.....

the price realli shoot up leh...

mine held tis year onli 598... urs so fast become 728...the price is weekday package meh?

u go find out whether issit typo or wat lar...

increased so much...they taking out their pillar meh?

faintz

Hi, Bernice

Think they have only two themes,the oriental is a hot favourite with red candles and roses, very nice.. my guests complimented on that. The other theme is more of white which I think some old people dun like. I have deleted my e-mail on the pic. Why not ask the person at carlton to send you? their wedding flavour can also mix two types, as in you can have 50% one wedding flavour and the other 50% another wedding flavour. But one thing is their invitation cards that I find not too up to standard..

elchwong

Hi Chibi,

I haven't sign up wif Carlton thus I dun have a coordinator...I'm still looking around for a venue...I 1st asked for a quotation in Jun but I did not sign up as I tot it was too early n I'm nt rdy to sign up for a venue yet...I was told then tat I have to add $30 to a table if my wedding's in 2007....nw tat I'm rdy to start sourcing for a venue I asked for another quotation n I was taken aback by wat I saw...

elchwong

hi choc,

can't be typo la cos I personally emailed them to ask for quotation one...cnnt be typo for all different menu rite...lol

chibi

Hi Elchwong,

I think it's better to give them a call to verify. As what I know, there's bacquet sales co-ordinator left Carlton and they just get replacement recently. Mind to tell me who is the person sending you the quotation.

starry_nitz

Hi all, the price at Carlton realli shoot up and the pillar still there..notice that the price lists at their website are not updated..tot that Carlton should upload the lastest price lists for the benefit of all.

piinkwendy

Hi all, I think the price @ carlton shoot up rally fast. i went to ask for the 2008 package. they charge me @788. i think for hotel, every year they will increase by a certain percent. btw, me is still considering the package offer by them.

girlosophy

i'm having mine in march 07 @ carlton. my friend who is a florist will be doing the theme for me. apparently this can be done. then my fren will bill carlton, but has to be within their allocated budget

vivbl

oh ya, forgot to mention that there are 2 pricing for weekend. either $788 & $888.

i realise the price for 2007 really shoot up as compared to 2006 wedding package.

i am considering carlton as my wedding venue but have to think twice lor due to the increase in price. will be going down to carlton to meet up with rose tonite.

vivbl

hi hi,

sorry, me typed wrongly in previous post. still in "dreamland"...hehehe.

$728 is for weekday charge (Mon to Thurs, excluding P.H and eve of P.H.)

$788 or $888 is for weekend charge (Fri to Sun, including P.H and eve of P.H.)

i guess most will prefer to hold their wedding in weekend since it's only $60 difference between weekday and weekend.

starry_nitz

Thks viv&bl for sharing
happy.gif

vivbl

hi bernice,

ya hor. now then i realise it. anyway, i intend to hold my wedding on sun.

when do u intend to hold in initially? why not u select other dates on sun which are still available? yours is popular and auspicious date?

gals who are interested in carlton hotel package,see below for more details:
Package 1:
Promise of Love
At S$788.00nett per table of 10 persons
Applicable for Sunday excluding eve of Public Holidays & Public Holidays
Esplanade Room - for a minimum of 13 tables & a maximum of 16 tables
Empress Ballroom - for a minimum of 28 tables & a maximum of 38 tables

Package 2:
Promise of passion
At S$888.00nett per table of 10 persons
Applicable for Friday & Saturday including eve of Public Holidays & Public Holidays
Esplanade Room - for a minimum of 13 tables & a maximum of 16 tables
Empress Ballroom - for a minimum of 28 tables & a maximum of 38 tables

anlinna

hi all. i heard that it is a 5 star hotel. But paying S$888 i think will definitely make a loss... cos usually pple give $80. and $888 exclude +++ right.with this amount and the pillar thingy i could consider hyatt and mayb raffles...But i have to say the food is nice. For the married couple, i dun think they care about the food cos ultimately the couple has to consider the amount of loss to be incurred. Pple give angbao based on the "star" and not the food. If pple look at food then should consider restuarant like dragon gate etc. What you guys think. We are quite interested in Carlton but looking at the price we have to think thrice.

vivbl

hi anlinna,

$888 is nett already (includes GST and service charge). no more hidden cost. if u hold it on sun, will be $788 nett which i think is still reasonable.

that's true...i also think that if want to consider nice food at very attractive price will be dragon gate. i was very attracted to the menu when i went down some time ago to get their wedding package. too bad, for my no. of tables, it will be inside a small longish room. worst is that guests have to pass through the ballroom in order to get into the small room. i don't like this layout so i forgo dragon gate.

for ambience and decor wise, it is nicer in hotels. i guess that is an important part to play for the high cost.

chibi

Can't believe the price of 2007 has been shooted up by so much.... May be the hotel feel their wedding package is in popular demand, so that they can shoot up the price. Frankly, their 2006 package is very comprehensive and affordable...

Agree with Anlinna, usually ppl give $80, and some give only $60. It'll be incurred a loss (for banquet only) even if having a weekday package in 2007 with a price of $728/table...

Btw, feeling satisfied, in terms of food, service & co-ordination, of having my wedding banquet @ Carlton.

anyone attended wedding dinner recently @ carlton? just some comments here. my sis's friend attended a wedding dinner @ carlton few days ago. said that the food tasted very terrible and heard that their master chef left recently. not sure if it's true lor.

nsg

Hi Guys

Last Saturday I attended my good friend Thomas's wedding dinner at Carlton. My wedding will held on June, so I was looking for the "Carlton Hero" who's name always mention in this forum -- Mr. Augustine to seek for his kind advise. But, bad news guys, our "Hero" is no more working with Carlton. Did asked around during the dinner, some staff told me that "Hero" had resign, some told me he was force to resign due to the quarreled with the temp-staff, but very funny the temp-staff whom he quarredled with still can continue working there.

Er... now I'm wondering shall I throw my wedding dinner at Carlton without the "Hero" or may be you people could give me some advise or may be someone could let me know which hotel is AUGUSTINE working now and I believed not only me like to know his whereabout others who are going to get marry soon also would like to know.

I always believed " PUT THE RIGHT THINGS IN THE RIGHT HAND, EVERYTHING WILL GO RIGHT"

hi david,
i think it does not matter even if augustine has left carlton. impt is the food and service standard on your AD
happy.gif

how did u find the food at your friend's wedding?

nsg

Hi sunflower

That night the food to me is OK, well anyway Carlton is the 4 stars hotel, I believed they will keep their standard. What I more worry is the service, if a subodinate could quarreled with his superior,end up the superior had to leave and he stay, wont u think that he might having a great chance to quarrel with your guests?

i think perhaps most of the service staff are temp/part-time staff, that's y...
my sis's colleague attended a wedding at carlton 2 wks ago and said the food tasted terrible. i felt an award-winning restaurant should not have produced food of such standard lah....

jhanella

hi sunflower

I agree with your sis"s colleague that the food provide by Wah Lok was not up to standard. Same thing happen on my actual day. But overall is because of the service from my operations manager,Augustine ng that balance up everythings and impress me. I still keep in touch with him even after my actual day and i recommended couple of my friends to him for his advise even some of them never use carlton hotel as thier wedding venue.

hi julia,
when was your AD? any idea where augustine is working now?
anyway, the master chef never left carlton.
the impt part is they should have kept their food up to standard for an award-winning restaurant.
however, we cant blame the hotel too. for wedding days, they have to prepare so much food and is hard to ensure all the food taste good. same for other hotels...

jhanella

My actual day was end of may last year,i can"t tell you right here but keep an eye on the website.i believe he will be another "hero" for that hotel he work now.but i think he will make some adjustment after this incident.

jhanella

hi,sunflower!
My wedding was handle by augustine and i know he is really a professional wedding planner but here they call him "hero".i will not be surpise that some of the couple will follow the "hero" to the hotel he work now because of his reputation.i think most of the couple was served by him will agree what i say except junie tian.

ayukie

I just compared 2006 price with 2007 price - increase of 100 nett .. haha (think i can shoot meself ?)

Anyway anyone gt any comments on the venue?
Best anyway got a pix of the ballroom or erm layout ?

Thx a lot!

ayukie, i went down before to view the empress ballroom (if i remmeber the name of the ballroom correctly) actual wedding setup. the ballroom has 4 pillars. there wil definitely be some tables which will be blocked. the ballroom looks a bit cramped with about 28+1 tables but the co-ordinator told me can put up till 35 tables. can't imagine how cramped it can be. the screen at the stage is not mobile which means there will be staff removing and placing the screen each time it is needed.

anyway, i think is best you go down n take a look
happy.gif

tge25

Hi Julia...

You are right ah... all will agree with u except someone called junie tan... LOLX!!! =D

Well...all the best to augustine who had found a new place

ayukie

Oh sunflower thx for the info that was what I was looking for actually ... if the ballroom have pillars cause I'm more keen of ballroom that's pillarless cause of a wedding dinner experience that I've experienced myself ...
I blacklisted that hotel btw lolz ...

ivied

Hi to those who had shortlisted Carlton as their banquet venue. I just had my banquet few days ago. All I can say is: PERFECT!

Carlton has certainly live up to their reputation of being service oriented. From the day that we had our 1st contact with the banquet sales manager (Jason) to the banquet operation manager (Dennis), things have been moving on smoothly and as planned. The AD event was able to proceed with no big hurdles. Thank you to the team of Carlton, especially Dennis and Jason.

Some of my guests did commented that the fish is not that delicious, but overall the food is good. No worry, Wah Lok has maintained their standard and will not disapooint you.

The only deficiency is the low ceiling and the 4 pillars. But generally, I would say that guests are more concerned with the food and service being served. So it all boils down to individual couples what you want.
happy.gif

dfish

Hi iViED

Good to hear from you and that all has went well on your wedding day! How was your schedule like.. from the solemnisation to the wedding dinner?

kimifin

iVied & all,

cos my coordinator left & my AD is on May, so have not heard from them when to taste food or get cards. I wonder if the banquet manager should contact me or I should look for them. Any1 can post the preparation events? Like how many mths b4 taste food, take cards etc...

ednamode

i read through the threads and some comment that the food portion is small. true??? Ivied can also help to advise this? thanks alot!~

damsel

Hi kimi, it's best that you follow up with them especially since your coordinator left cause I had the same situation when I was planning for my wedding at the carlton. Their turn over very high, if you dun call them to give them a heads up by the time they call you it will be too late. It's best to collect the cards 2 months in advance cause you need time for printing, writing it out and distributing. As for food tasting you can do it a month or 2 weeks before your AD. And one month before you have to confirm your favours, deco, etc. By the way when you sign the contract with them they would have given you a schedule of things to follow up with the time line.

ivied

Hi Dfish,

My solemnisation at Conaught Room started at 630pm, followed by reception at Empress Ballrom foyer at 7pm. I went on to mingle with my guests till the 1st march in. And subsequently it is changing of EG at the 2nd dish followed by 2nd march in by the 5th dish. Dennis is very efficient in seeing the whole program running smoothly. So no worry about it.

Hi kimi,

Yes, I agreed with damsel. My coordinator left too and Jason took over. You can call up Carlton to find out who is your newly assigned coordinator and follow up with him/her from there. I followed as per the schedule given by Carlton when we signed the contract and here's what I did.

8 weeks before
1) Collect invitation cards
2) Send cards for printing

6 weeks before
1) Book appointment for food tasting
2) Select food menu

4 weeks before
1) Food tasting
2) Contact printing co for printing of complimentary poster
3) Order wine and hard liquor

3 weeks before
1) Final meet up with Banquet Sales manager to decide on favors, banquet deco, AD program, selected food menu, guaranteed number of tables, special dietary requirements, beverage arrangements
2) Collect banquet floor plan
3) Book appointment to test the photo montage and/or music for the banquet

2 weeks before
1) Testing of photo montage and/or music for the banquet

3 days before
1) Banquet operation manager will give you a call to self-introduce and at the same time, you can brief him on any special service instructions for your banquet
2) Provide the seating arrangement layout as well as the names and contact numbers of your assigned main coordinator and emcees to the banquet operation manager

I hope this helps.
happy.gif

Hi yaya,

My guests did not complain about the food portion though. Only dishes like prawns and mango duck are served for 10 pax exactly, else the rest are sufficient for up to 11 pax.

I would suggest that you make appointment with Carlton to view their ballrooms. Pictures will not give you a clearer idea and feel of the layout.

ednamode

hi ivled, we have just made a trip down this afternoon and Jason told us that the price likely to increase 30 to 50bucks for year 08. we told him that we will take the current offer ($888)on for sunday wedding banquet if he stay the price. so wait till tomolo for ROse to get back to us. hope is good news.

after toking to Jason, i still find Carlton hotel is not really into renovation (whatever u all can think off..even to adding a plasma tv )etc to upkeep its image. correct me if i am wrong....this is what i feel lor.
their invitation card cannot make it le. only 3 pattern. any news for more,anybody?

ivied

Hi yaya,
hmm... it boils down to what you prefer and places higher emphasis on. If the deco and layout of the ballroom is a higher priority, perhaps you would like to try Four Seasons, Intercontinental or Regent? I believe you still have some time to make your decision since your AD is in year 08.

Personally, guests are not that bothered with the design of the invites. Else you can select a printing co to create a new design?

ednamode

hi Ivied, maybe because the hotels i so far went to take a look, all said they going renovation or upgrade here and there etc. so when we also ask carlton but they said they have no plan. we are okay with the venue but most important, the food must be nice! if nt, i dun bother to approach carlton.

by the way , Jason promised me Rose get back to me by today.but no calls from Rose yet.i think she still MC le. jialat ...3 days MC including yesterdae..hope she get back to me by today..

for the wedding card ....if i signed with them, i then see how. right now, is my comment about them after i viewed them. nt much a issue for this. the wedding favours are not bad even though got 3.lol...

haha..seriously i got thought of 4 season , regent hotels..but they are too high end. i do wish for my wedding to be in 1 of those 5 star hotels..but then its best to be practical abit since my SO and i havent buy house yet.

we rejected hilton as we realise that we got only 28 tables at most but theirs min is 30 which mean i have to invite 20 more pple to fill it up. meanwhile, i am still see see look look...

sallz

Hi all,

Im new to this treat. I would like to share my experience with u all. =)

Last week I went to Carlton to view the ballroom. I viewed Esplanade Ballroom. Not bad but a bit weird with one pillar at the side which actually will block one table (cannot c the stage). The cocktail area was good as it go outdoor with waterfall (provided no rain lah).

Have not view the bridal suite. Heard from my frd said that the bridal suite not really very nice. Anyone can share?

Btw, the wedding coodinator told me that they actully renovated the ballroom & bridal suit. Is it true?