Calling all Malaysian brides/grooms

guinguin

ya, nw u knw meh? SOO 'efficient', can still drink kopi while working leh... win liao.

last time i reached ter around 7.50am, bt it open 8am. many ppl already queue ter liao... so gd luck ya!

jaslyn288

mrc, as early as possible.. there are alot of ks pple there queuing b4 they open de..

very limited tickets to give de, if u missed, tats it.. u have to go another day.. troublesome..

marilyn_chh

guinguin/jaslyn,
wah..really ya.. okie..dun want to take leave go there and come back empty handed. ok, better go super early. haiz.. it was a long time ago i visited the HICOM, now still so "efficient". Drink kopi while doing work?? really wanna pengsan man!

marilyn_chh

Btw,if you check back the archive thread, i was the 1st few who started this thread. keke..this thread is still so alive..good good! Now, most of us upgrade to motherhood forum liao..hehe...

marilyn_chh

oh yahor.. last posting before me is Nov..keke..really lucky that you girls check back this thread. thanks for the info hor.. and happy preparing your wedding :p

ixoral

mrc> my hb always try to reach by 7.30am. even then, his Q number is like still ard 10 plus minus. Those ppl are crazy. And if u lack 1 small document, they ask u come another day liao. Cos by the time u go home and come back, their 'quota' for the day is up. Totally sux.

guinguin

i agree.. so better bring all necessary stuffs, including ur birth cert ok!! dun later they suddenly gila wan tis & tat, if u nv bring tats it.. balik rumah come back next day..

i had a very bad experience wif them once in JB when i wanna change my msia license to sg license.. si bei KNS. wen i reached ter, u knw wat they said? the officer in charge ON LEAVE! i hav to go back again another time! idiot rite??? wa lao, as if the whole government onli 'TAT' officer working..so mad leh.

stariez

Hi all!

Are you looking for X'mas gifts for your loved ones? Look no more! Cos we have the lovliest cutie pies for them!

Visit our blog for more details.

Quote 'sgbrides' in your email for special promotions!

www.blingblingnight.blogspot.com

Wedding accessories (Swarovski Crstal) also avaliable!

krystal80

hi all, hoping that can get some help here...
my hubby n i are having our church wedding at the end of the year...in preparing for it, we need a extract of his baptismal cert (he got baptised in msia). Is there any catholic msian couples who can advise as to how to go about arranging this? thanks!

guinguin

andrea,

if ur hb baptist in msia, he has to contact the church he got baptist. ask for the original cert to send back to him if he lost it. the church able to trace ur hb catholic name and parents name. either ask e church fax or send by post.

u wouldnt b able to get a copy of ur hb cert in singapore bcoz they would nt willing to do tat. they will either ask u go back to ur old church wer u got baptist OR re-baptist again wer go thru all courses before can baptist.

krystal80

hi guinguin, thanks for the advice!
I've gotten the contact number of the church already and he has his original with him. Shouldn't take too long to do right?

I know he has to go back to the Msia church to get it done...the main thing was to find out if he needs to go back physically to get it coz that means taking leave and stuff...

thanks for your help!!

guinguin

andrea,

he can ask the church to fax or post to him. no need to go down personally.. ask ur hb talk to the Father personally... shud b ok.. tis was what i done..

ixoral

i went down to KL yesterday to chk out restuarants for my banquet in Nov'09. so many were booked already! SAD
sad.gif
thought only in SG ppl kiasu and book darn early one. Looks like KL too.
sad.gif

Wanna seek advice from u girls. Any recommendations for restaurants in PJ? i'm looking at abt 12 tables only.. TIA!
happy.gif

ixoral

not yet lo... after we book sg side, been procrastinating for KL side. sigh. Actually we've already made a tentative bkg for Marco Polo at KL. They have a separate function room which fits our table no. and got stage too. But our relatives prefer PJ though..cos less traffic on a wkend. Well abit of dilemna.

ixoral

oops i meant marco polo restaurant. I'm looking at restaurants only. Dont want hotel for msia side.
happy.gif
Are u familiar ard PJ area? u have any restaurant recommendations? hee

guinguin

I'll have my banquet in Msia at Cheong Wah Seafood Restaurant located in Puchong Jaya - nearby PJ as well.

Do you want contact?
happy.gif
is my sister restaurant actually... this is the photo of her restaurant..

899442.jpg

ixoral

wow looks nice. but do they have a separate function hall for 10-12 tables and with stage? i realise a no. of the restaurants i recee do have.
happy.gif

guinguin

hehe, i tink u hav to contact my sis for further info.. coz i myself also nt sure.. :p for mine, i will have separate bcoz mine onli have 10 tables.. which is wif stage, then will do normal biz also for another section..

u wan the restaurant contact?

ixoral

Hi girls! i need some urgent advice from u all. I dont know how is it like in msia, but do ppl bargain for additional perks for banquet at Restaurants? Like for the ones i've seen, they list down the price and menu and then pretty std perks like no corkage, invitation card is 5pc per table, free-flow chn tea/softdrink, etc. Do u know if there is other things extra which ppl will commonly bargain for at restuarant? TIA!
happy.gif

eternity321

Hi!

Can anyone advise me the rates for engaging a MUA and a PG for a wedding in Segamat?

Better still, has anyone held a wedding in Segamat before? Hope to get some advice.

guinguin

hey ladies, any1 knw how much for actual day MUA for jiemei/mum for 1 session? RM150, do you think expensive? KL area... kindly advice..

xiaocai

Hi,
does anyone know where can i buy helium gas from JB?? (i wan to pump balloons la)..

but i guess can bring in to malaysia from spore..so got to find a shop that sell tis in JB...

phuayling

Hi, if my hubby and I ROM in Singapore, he needs to inform Malaysia that he is married already right? Does anyone knows the full procedure of what to do, who to inform etc?

Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

guinguin

hi ling, juz go to Sg Msia Embassy. bring along ur marriage cert, ur hubby msia NRIC, birth cert then inform them, they will register in their system.

jaslyn288

Hi ling, one more thg.. u have to go early early morning to the embassy de.. to collect q numbers for submission documents... they only give out to a limit of q numbers.. so if u missed, den u have to go there again.. =D

phuayling

Wow thanks so much for the prompt response! Does anyone knows if the embassy is open on weekends? If not, means my husband has to take leave just to settle this? so troublesome!~~ hee

jaslyn288

of cos NO!!! they are on 5-days nia.. even they open on sat, it's only for collection nia.. yayayayyaya.. they are super super slowwwwwww de lor... wait for the q to come hor, really will faint de.. lol

phuayling

Wah...*faints* lol...can I do the registration on his behalf or does he has to do it himself? Does anyone here has the website or address of the embassy? Wanna check its opening hours..TIA!
happy.gif

jaslyn288

No.. dun faint.. both of u have to be there de.. u have to take a set of forms to fill up den u will get your q numbers de.. u have to make sure all the necessary documents are with u.. if u miss out one, u jiu oh no le.. u hv to go again..

rem, both of u must b there de.. cos at the end of the day, u will get the malaysia marriage cert oso de.. nid ur signature.. haiz.. no choice have to take leave de.. =D

jaslyn288

ger, better dun joke.. if kena caught, heavy fine wor.. this is wat i heard lor.. agreed will be super troublesome but rather than suay at the end of the day rite.. =D

jaslyn288

lol.. tis is wat i heard lah.. depend hw long since u married n havent declare start calculate... hahahaha.. if suay, aft 10yrs den kena, will be heavy penalty le lor.. lol

jaslyn288

ermmm.. no wor.. so long still malaysia citizen hor.. they gOt their stupit ways to find out de.. really gOt pple kena b4 de.. somemore, is after long long time den find out de.. really suay man.. unless convert to sg citizenship den ok lah.. =p

phuayling

does anyone knows what is the deadline they give to register at the embassy after our ROM? for eg. within 3 months of our ROM? What are all the documents that we have to bring? Thanks in advance for helping!~~ Feeling lost here.. =p

jaslyn288

hi ger, hopefully asap after ur ROM..
wat to bring ah.. aiyooo.. I nid to go back n chk.. let you noe again.. =D

when is ur ROM?? congrats wor.. hehe.. =)

phuayling

Hee thanks for the well wishes! My ROM was on the 6th Feb 09..over le..thanks for helping..haha..it has been quite some time since my ROM..hopefully still in time to register!
happy.gif