Calling all Malaysian brides/grooms

blackcat

Hi, I really need some advise on this. Have looked through the thread but I'm confsed.

My HTB is Malaysian (Singapore PR) and I am Singaporean. We are planning to ROM in Singapore.

1. Is it a MUST to register our marriage with Malaysian Embassy in Singapore?

2. If we don't register, does it mean we will get penalty if we travel to M'sia next time, or if we move to live in M'sia in future?

3. Do we need to ROM again in Malaysia itself?

Hope someone can help us with these queries... will be so grateful!

candycandy001

blackcat (blackcat) > pls refer to ans below:-
1.By right is a MUST

2.Can travel to Msia (if nobody specially check you) but cannot live in Malaysia. As you have no reason to stay there, cannot work too. Your husband will be "Single" status in Msia. So if you have child next time and wan to declare in Msia, no birth cert will be issued to your child until you make declaration and pay penalty.

3.Per officer from ROM singapore told me, cannot ROM again in Msia, it is considered "chong hun". Just go Malaysian Embassy to submit form (relevant doc) and $10 will do (3days later then come back to collect the Msia cert). Pls make sure it will be done within 6mths of ROM in singapore. If not penalty will apply.

blackcat

Woah... thanks Candy, for the help and advice! That's very impt and useful info.
happy.gif

hi girls. really need you guys help as it's been a really big headache for me and my FH. some of the procedures we are still very blur.

1)im a singaporean BTB and my FH is from msia , kuching sarawak. we have decided to have our ROM and wedding dinner in msia kuching. can someone advise where should my chu jia location , tea ceremony be at ?

2) if we decide to have gate crashing , does it means that we can only have it in msia?

2)we will be having 2 dinner , one at msia another one will be at sg. As my family/relatives are not much , plus my friends , we don't really need up to 10 tables so much. i'm thinking to have a buffet in a nice ambience place or wedding dinner at hotel . any nice ambience place in singapore to recommand.

thanks girls. really need u guys help! thanks

meow5

Hi Linda,

It depends on your budget as well.

1) usually there is 2 tea ceremony, 1 at your house, 1 at his house. if you decide to chu jia in Kuching, then i suggest you rent a serviced apartment or hotel there for you to chu jia to his house in Kuching.

2) Depends where your jiemeis or his brothers are. can also depend on whether you both agree. there is no rules on this...

3) For us, we had 120 guests in Sg and so we picked Wild Oats bar where guests can order drinks and also advantage is that Wild Rocket has good buffet to offer (next building to Wild Oats). Disadvantage : mainly outdoor setup although with limited aircon tables inside the pub. their website is http://www.wildrocket.com.sg/WO-the%20place.htm

Hope this helps and congratulations!

meow5 : Hi meow5 , thanks for the help ! for sg i only have about less than 80 pax of guests . headache for me. haha . as most hotels need a maximum of 10 tables.

can i check with you if my chu jia location fixed at singapore . so that means my FH have to book a hotel in sg , so that i chu jia to the hotel?

meow5

if both of you have bought your new house, then that new house will be where you "chu jia" to.

Otherwise, hotel is also ok if both of you agree.
Again, there is no rules...as long as both parties and parents agree.

for me, I chu jia from a rented service apartment in singapore to my husband's rented unit. :)

Hope this helps.

honeykitty

hihi...im a malaysian Bride to Be..Hubby is Singaporean....wonder do your hubby go over to Malaysia to Ti Qin ( æ亲)..??we reali clueless....hubby go alone can...???or hubby parent must go together...

candycandy001

Linda> I m msian while my hubby is Singaporean. We have 8 tables in Singapore Marriott hotel. The Legacy suite capacity min 5tables, max 8tables. Carlton have a room for 10-14tables.

(honeykitty)> Is Ti Qin ( æ亲)compulsory for your parent? I didnt do it at all. I think no necessary for his parent to come over, my mum told me last time my dad bring a "mei po" go with him.

honeykitty

Candy> icic...maybe i shud ask my parent if they required my htb to ti qin...but i think my future in laws would wan to do it....

BTW, do you have any recommendation for small banquet venue..???im oso looking at 8-10 tables...tried the food at Carlton b4...not nice at all..

candycandy001

Hi, if any of you need a MUA from JB, I have recommendation... My JB MUA - Kylie (KaiLi) is superb, she is charging RM 350 for dinner, to stay for 2nd hairdo will charge additional RM80. I love her makeup, even better compared to my SG MUA. She also goes extra mile, lend me hair accessory, hair extension etc which I nv enquire b4 (FOC). I dont have her email address, if you need her contact number, pls PM me or email me at [email protected]