Bishan Area

lizzy9981

hi jersha
Which renovator did u take? cos my fiance and i r now plannin which contractor to choose? do u mind sharin ur quote with me?
happy.gif

jersha

hi liz,

we got contractor to do it.. coz mostly carpentry for our resale flat. I did not change tiles, floorings etc.

basically only re-do kitchen and masterbed rm. costs of reno is less than $14K w/o any fixtures.

if u want, then mayb u email me.. not so good to give out the details here lar.

jersha

hi hi tupper mum..

yeap.. sounds fun.. but must wait a while.. my furniture coming in this sat... let me settle my things 1st then we arrange.. but i sure happy to open my doors if u dont mind come in sit on floor n nothing to eat lar... coz my gas pipes havent connect back..

jersha

hm... we only intend to shift in after our AD which is on 1 Oct.

Mayb we hold this thought till mid Oct? by tat tm, i mre settle dw n oso once i get to know mre ppl can invite mre ov.

Wat say u?

jersha

not so much as excitment leh.. mre like kan cheong-ness... oh my... like so many things left to do n c to n to do leh.

tupper_mum

Jersha, I think I vaguely know who you are liao, since you view my place before (when I selling)...

Anyway, my place went thru 3 weeks of reno and its now quite different!

Come over when you pop by your place.

marchbride

Hi ladies,

Me a newbie in this thread. My new place will be at st 24.. planning to move in next year Apr, after our wedding and honeymoon. Anyone has any good and reliable contractors to recommend? Thanks
happy.gif

dreamdoll

hi,

i'm new in this thread. currently looking at a unit for sale in blk 236
happy.gif

tupper_mum, same blk? wondering if anyone got any good, reasonable and reliable contractors to recommend for MBR toilet in 4A?...can PM me? thanks!!

cherylim

Hi I'm staying in Bishan Street 13 Blk 196 - currently renovating my house.. a 5I unit.

Anyone near me?

I'm actually looking for someone who has the same flat layout as me and has hacked the wall between the kitchen and hall.. Please revert if you have. My email is [email protected].

My contractor tell me that there is a beam that cannot hack one.. we only discovered it after the hackers left. But I don't trust him.. So I want to see if anyone in my area has done the same thing or not leh.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif
My floorplan
Floor Plan (Enlarged).tif (20.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

amy03

hi dreamdoll, i know of a unit at blk 213 for sale, it's a 4 room flat, cornet unit. dunno if you are interested?

padi

Hi all, I do hope to be able to join u people in Bishan soon. I've been having some difficulties securing a flat in Bishan. Seems like everyone is asking quite a fair bit above valuation.

*sigh*

yodee

Most of them is asking for above valuation. I paid 15k more than the valuation for a 4A corner. Still have to do major renovation works. But no choice, cos we r paying for the location. i think so far the minimum profit is 5k.

padi

My friends who got theirs last year or end of last year managed to get pretty good flats at valuation. Think it really went up. So sad.
sad.gif

otak

Hi all,though waiting for WIS but I am oso looking out for a 4rm in Bishan cos near my parents hse..did went to view once but its $276K selling @ valuation..its oni on #3 &amp; its a walkup so nv choose it afterall..understand tat flats in bishan are all those price..sigh..if anyone got lobang for a 4rms selling @ valuation,mid floor &amp; corner(noe its abit hard) can inform me..thks,dun wan go thru agts unless really bo pian cos hubby &amp; I quite tight,wanted to use e $$ for renovation instead..by e way I am staying in shunfu..stil consider near parents right???

marchbride

hi tunagirl,
ours is also a 4A at St24... but yet to start reno cos waiting for hubby to be back... when you targeting to move in?

tunagirl

Hi Marchbride.. tat's cool.. we're hoping to shift in by May, tho no hurry lah.. u've confirmed ur id yet? which blk is urs?

tunagirl

hey marchbride.. we're at 270! neighbours! hehe.. ya, we redid everything except living and bedroom tiles. What abt you? When u gonna start ur reno?

marchbride

hi tunagirl,
we are also thinking abt redoing everything except the living room and tiles.. How much you spend on it? Like that we can take yours as a benchmark when we start scouting for contractors...

hmm, i am waiting for my hubby to be back to spore before we start the reno.. and that will be end apr... hai.. still long way to go...

padi

Hi Currahee, I'm also in the midst of looking for a 5rm in Bishan. What do you mean by sharing good experience? Do you mean our experience in searching for a flat or our experience with our agents?

tunagirl

Hi marchbride.. i spent 33K for everything.. u hvn't found ID yet? The price my ID quote is e most reasonable among all e other contractors we went to. Most others quoted us 38k up.

hehe can't reno can shop ard for furniture and ideas first..

Last wkend we met tis other couple who's also living in your block.. hee.. apparently they were considering my flat but chose theirs in the end. we visited each other's hse..was fun.

Hi Curahee.. my cousin was my agent, to me she's e best lah. She's taught us alot when choosing of flats, in terms of area, price and selling of the flat in future. She also gv us lots of advice in every aspect, like our finances and all. Personally i think e most impt is a responsible and experienced agent who explains all e details, and helps you see thru the whole transaction, including trouble fr seller. cos buying a resale has many processes and can be quite confusing. Hope tis helps..

currahee

well hui, i hope to hear your flat searchin ones as well as the service from your agent.. how did you search for the agent? by word of mouth?

so hows your flat search so far?

padi

My agent is my mom's friend. Very reliable. Can intro her to you if you want.

My search has been quite disappointing. Cos prices went up and everyone is asking for above valuation. A bit tough since for 5room need quite a bit of renovations too.

But my agent is very nice always try to fit out budget and give us her opinions regarding the flats. Like tunagirl said, its impt that you trust the agent and that he/she is a responsible and experienced agent.

marchbride

hi currahee,

our agent is our friend so generally I find him good and trustworthy. he will do his homework like asking the agent how long the owner has been staying, reason for the owner to move, taught us what to lookout for when viewing the flats etc etc.

he done up all the neccessary arrangements for us, including with lawyers, the bank, the owner's agent. he even call up the Town council to help us clear some bulky items left by the owner etc.

one thing is must find a agent whom you are comfortable with and can rely on... not someone who just wanted to earn your money only...

marchbride

hi tunagirl,

33k is alot leh, considering you never hack the titles and replace them with new ones. do you have alot of build-ins?

we are only thinking of spending 20k. now that i know you spend so much, i think our inital plan of 20k can throw out of the window liao..

no, have find our ID yet. waiting for my hubby to be back from reservist before we start. now i just help up in browsing magazines and setting some ideas.. haha but hope my hubby will agree to my ideas..

wow, you two view each other's hse! can i view yours too before i confirm on a ID? ^_-

tunagirl

Marchbride.. hehe... caaaaaann.. we shld b there almost every wkend. juz let me know when.

Actually we were like u, we only planned to spend 22k but after speaking to all e IDs and research abit, 33k is considered reasonable cos we changed EVERYTHING, except living and bedrm tiles..we re-did window and grilles, and re-plaster e whole hse, pipes and all..most of the cost goes to the wetwork.. old hse is like tat one.. hehe..

mayb u come over b4 u search ur ID so u can hv an idea wat we did.. can also intro my ID to u..

i ask tat couple in ur block to come into e forum so we can all chat.. ehhe

dreamdoll

hey ladies,

happened to read this thread. we've also recently bought our place at bishan st 22...anyone with any reno tips to share?
happy.gif

currahee

ic.. seems all of you have agent recommendations..
how long did the search went? now what is the market price for a 5rm in bishan? agent fees is 1% of buying price?

padi

Mine has been going on for 2 months. Still going on.
Market value (at valuation) is about $330k to $360k depending on where it is and the state of the house.
Quite a few houses have been asking for above valuation though.
sad.gif

Agent fee is 1%

marchbride

hi hui, thanks leh! I would love to view your house!!
hehe, now I can tell my hubby when he is back
happy.gif

hmmm, then I think we will spend abt the same $ as you liao since we are also thinking of doing the same thing as yours... but then heart pain leh... spent so much $ on banquet liao and before we can recover, another bomb sets in... hmmm..

hi currahee,
I heard my agent says 5rm now increase to abt 330-380k already... not forgetting that the cash payment has also increase to 5%.

freebluesky

tunagirl, I just joined after u tell me. get to know this girl cos i kpo, go to see her house and i dunno her... haha =)

marchbride, i also staying same block as you too. u haven't start renovating yet ah? which floor u staying?

bought my 4A at st22 about $6k above valuation
sad.gif

we did some reno too spend app $18k to $20k. i think. just finish reno last month. we hack the existing toilets, totally, fix the cornices, change the direction of the MBR door to the other side, redo the electrical wirings cos existing one doesnt' support the lights we want,redid the airconditioning piping, change the kitchen sink and change the sink top as well.

ya heard the price of bishan flats went up too. take time to buy. kind of regret paying for above valuation as those monies could be used for reno. bargain and do not show too much interest in flats too soon for those who intend to buy bishan flats. got to be patient cos i spend one month looking ard before i saw my current house... gook luck and all the best

padi

Hi marchbride I think that message was for tunagirl?
happy.gif

Though I'm sure I would love to show you my home too if I have one now. Haha.
happy.gif

anoif

hi all!
happy.gif

we've juz moved in at point blk 103 st. 12 just before CNY this year . we've bought this 5I at 7k below valuation and got the grant as well.
yup the resale prices seem to be increasing again...

hi alynn,
yours is 106? so near to u ya..
happy.gif