Bangkok

skywolf

Oh dear, so gan cheong just now that i forgot to ask...

Ohstrawberry, you were staying @ Bkk City Inn right? Coz in 1 of yr your earlier posts, you were mentioning on the minced meat omelette with rice... Could you let me know the rough location? Thanks.
happy.gif

estben

Hi all just came back from BBK. Berry nice and fruitful trip for me and my friend. Can you imagine buying things is so siok and nothing to worried at BBK, situation normal. Alot of items and stuff are repeated at most of the shopping or night bazzar just the pricing difference. For ppl going to chatuchap do stop for plenty of water, and wear something light eg. camisole with shorts for easlier trying.....
Hi Deadstar, for pregnant clothes i recommend you go to Siam those small lanes we saw many berry beautiful mum2be clothes i think 1 stretch selling these clothes.... Those fashion type not aunty aunty one ya......Its those little shop like those at Bugis street around novetel hotel.
Now looking foward to go BBK again.....There are always reason y woman like to go BBK..... get it???For those who need a BBK map do let me know, I'ved got 2 extra so that you know exactly the location.

ohstrawberry

Hi, skywolf

The minced meat omelette with rice can be find along the roadside outside Big C or outside WTC.
In fact it's a street food which is very common and really cheap.
Worth the try. I remember if without meat, just egg is 15B, with meat is 25B. Try out the other street food like satay sticks, deep fried meat, sotong, lots of delicious food. Miss them so much now, I wanna go back BKK.............

banyan24

Hi all,
Pai seh im 1st time to Bkk so blur. Im staying in Asia hotel... is MBK within walking distance or do I have to take BTS/ taxi? if so roughly how much for taxi fare? Thanks in advance
happy.gif

mum2b

hi Jes,
If you do not mind walking a bit, u can actually walk to MBK. Otherwise, Asia hotel is conveniently located near BTS, so u can take BTS I guess, only 1 station to MBK (sorry not sure about this.. anyone can confirm?)
By taxi should not be expensive coz it's quite near..
Big supermarket that I now in that area is Big C (near WTC). You have to take cab though, coz it's rather far.

skywolf

Hi Racherlle,

I do not have the article any longer... threw it after i faxed over... Maybe you can email the thai embassy in SG and tell them you forgot to fax over that time?
happy.gif

Hi Ohstrawberry (finally got it right
happy.gif
)

Oooh... its common ah? The easier for me to find... Hee... Thanks.
happy.gif
As for gg back, take the tiger airway offer?
happy.gif

skywolf

Oh dear... forgot to ask you gals...

To those who had went to King & I Spa... do we need to make a reservation? If so, how to do it? Call from SG?
uhoh.gif

ling0

Hi Jes

I stayed at Asia Hotel during my Mar trip...u can walk, take BTS or cab to MBK. By BTS, MBK is juz 2 stops away...alight at National Stadium Stn...but got to change BTS at Siam Stn first (juz cross over). Prefer to travel by BTS during my trip...bcos d traffic jam can be quite bad during peak hrs.

As for Supermaket, there's a TOPS (not very big) at MBK...but still prefer to shop at Big C Supermarket (it's like Carrefour). U can take BTS to Big C...alight at Chit Lom Stn...then walk for abt 5 to 10mins.

If u juz wanna buy drinks and tibits...there r 2 7-Eleven outlets near to Asia Hotel. Hope d above info helps...enjoy ur trip!
273196.gif

milo66

skywolf: yup u have to make reservation in advance. i called from spore and made booking for massage. however when i reach there, they insisted that i request for spa and not massage. in the end, i walk off and went to try the "let relax spa"

banyan24

Many thx
happy.gif
to Ling0 and deathstar
happy.gif

Pai seh, need to find out how to go to erawin shrine? is it take BTS to chitlom... than walk towards where? and when pray to the 4-face buddha got certain direction for male amd female rt? i thk i ever read in one of the archives but now cannot find liao
sad.gif

another thg is that got one narayana p.. dunno wat... selling thailand handicraft one.. the price is it reasonable as compared to eg the markets? or cannot find the same thgs outside..
paiseh so many questions.

banyan24

Hi Ling0, did u go to the suan lum night market? By taxi or bts? if by taxi from Asia around how much?
r there good and reasonable price massage around Asia (beside Paradise?)
thanks again.

twink

Deathstar, I got the list aldy. Thanks!

Suan Lum Night Market - Does any1 know roughly what time the market closes?

King & I Spa - Any idea what time the spa closes? So we definitely have to call in advance to reserve for the massage b4 going there?

ling0

Hi Jes

Erawan Shrine
Yep, can take BTS to Erawan Shrine...alight at Chit Lom Stn...walk towards Gayson's direction...but Gayson is on ur right while Erawan Shrine is on ur left. Grab a map when u reach BKK's airport...Erawan Shrine will be indicated in d map...so dun worry! If I'm not wrong...female start fr left (clockwise) while male start fr right (anti-clockwise). Muz buy joss sticks in d temple...20 baht (consist of 12 joss sticks, 4 flowers and 1 candle)...dun buy fr d roadside stalls outside d temple...I kana con b4.
273562.gif
Was told tat d best time to pray is Thu after 8pm.....

Narayana Phan
Sorry...I've never went inside d building b4...juz know tat it's beside Gayson and Arnoma Hotel...paiseh.....

Suan Lum Night Bazaar
I took BTS and MRT there...so dunno abt d taxi fare. Take BTS fr Asia Hotel (Ratchathewi Stn) and alight at Sala Daeng Stn (3 stops). Fare is 20 baht but in between, muz change train at Siam Stn. Then fr Sala Daeng BTS Stn, u hve to walk to Si Lom MRT Stn by using the linkbridge...take d MRT fr Si Lom Stn to Lumphini Stn (1 stop)...fare is 10baht. U can see Suan-Lum Night Bazaar once u get out of Lumphini MRT Stn!

Massage
There r a few small massage shops beside Asia Hotel...but I've never tried them b4.....

I still hve a hardcopy map dated Mar 05 fr my last trip...if u wanna plan ur itinery in advance...I can post it to u!
273563.gif

dolphin48

HI Ling0

When praying, start from which one? Cos it's 4 sided, which is the first one to start? Or it can be any side just move clockwise direction? Some people say it doesn't matter while some say it's the first one from the gate of entrance? Blur....

ling0

Hi Daphne

I always start praying from d buddha facing directly at d entrance gate (it's d first one u see when u enter d temple)!

rainnie

hi sweetheart, I book my air tix thru yahoo-zuji.....air tix only $380 (including tax) for 2....hotel via priceline.....total up for 2 is about $500 plus. I'm going during Labour day period
happy.gif

hweiz

hi sweetheart,

i just booked my airfare with jetstar asia-$251 per pax (the rate changes everyday)think now is $261. Booked 3 nights hotel stay thru asiarooms. Flying on the 20th May to 23rd May (Vesak day)

There is this SQ Flight too going 20th May Morning and back on 23 May 4pm. Check today classified, it's one of the agency promo at $358.

dolphin48

Hey! looks like a lot of pp going over during Vesak Day....me too, i'm going on 19 May and back on 23 May.
Think the flights during vesak day are selling fast. I booked mine two weeks ago with wiht Valueair and now it looks like their saver package is gone.

fan

Hi,

Me going BKK right after Vesak day....Will be there from 23-26 May... I booked air tix from Tiger Airways and Asia hotel from asiaroom...

Hwei,

Which hotel did u booked through Asiarooms? Have they deducted ur credit card already?

Any of u been to Chinatown there? Which stall sells the best sharks fin? BTW, how to go to Chinatown from Asia Hotel? Thanks.

banyan24

Hi Ling0, thanks for the detail explainations. Really appreciate that
happy.gif
I had pm u my mailing add and email, thanks again.

Hi sweetheart, same as rannie, I book my air tix thru yahoo-zuji. Cathay pacific air tix around $370+ (including tax) for 2. hotel via priceline. asia hotel only at $51/room/nite. dunno wat type of room though, only stated twin room. keeping my finger X not cabin room loh.

Hi all,
happy.gif
will like to find out how's Narayana Phan? thgs x or not?

banyan24

Another question, I heard my bro say got one largest or tallest shopping center with a big theme park (got the rides, merry -go-round, etc) in the complex.. anyone know the name of the complex? my bro say wan to go but i dunno where leh...
thanks

Thanks rannie and hweiz!
happy.gif

me intend to go during Vesay day weekend too but heard that Valuair flight back on 23rd is alrdy full. Will try the various suggestions!

nnyl

hi

i'm going to bkk too, last min decison (last nite!) and managed to book via agent valuair, stay at either Novotel Siam or Pathumwan Princess @ $459 nett (4D3N)over the Labour day wkend. Not sure whether it's cheaper to book separately or not but time constraint, no time to do research. Price differ a lot due to long wkend! now trying to plan wat to do in bkk. Read through recent post for guide. tks gals.

deathstar
can u send your list to me as well?

btw, for those who are planning to stay at novotel, do u know that they r doing refurnishing of their rooms, till Aug 05? Same thing w Princess, they r renovating their ground flr. I m now deciding which is the better of two to choose from.

Also beside the King n I spa, another spa u gals recommend? We would like to do some sightseeing other than temples, any place to recommend?

getting excited.. just 2 wks away.
happy.gif

hweiz

Hi Fan,

I booked Arnoma as its near to the Erawan Shrine. My 3 previous trip all at Asia so try out there. They will charged only when the room is confirmed..

dilemmagal

Hi

This is the 1st time that I will be going to bangkok in May05. Thus do not know how to plan my itninterary. It will be 5 days 4 nights.

Can advise me what are the places to visit and the food veneue. I will be staying at Novetal Siam Square,

Deathstar
Saw you have the list, May I have a copy? My email: [email protected]

Thanks

sysa

Hi,

Just came back from BKK. Can try Chang Foot Massage. It's directly opp Notovel Siam Sq. Was there every evening during my trip. 2 foot massages (300B)& 1 aromatherapy massage (750B). Thai Massage at 250B. The place stands out because it's has a cosy environment.

Thai makan at Ma Khun Mae Rstnt opp Novotel is absolutely delicious. Nam Sing in Chinatown serves chep seafood & sharksfins.

Chatuchak is alright for shopping for knick knacks. Bought aromatic soaps from a shop that was closing down at Chatuchak. Wow, really smelled great. Regret not buying more though.

The shopping malls are great though
happy.gif
Rather nice shopping, impressive & no big crowds. Bought some casuals there.

chloef

hi lynn,

may i know which travel agent u book ur tixs? decided to go BK last nite too...reckon most places are fully booked by now... ;(

Going to drop by chinatown area later in the aftern..

droopy_eyes

Hellooo...
kao_biggrin.gif
I just booked a trip to BKK wif my hubby too $344 per pax 4D3N, departing on 6th May Morning. By ThaiAirways, Asia Hotel , rates include include trf, breakfast, taxes.

Not my 1st time there but the last time was a biz trip, no time to go anywhere...

Deathstar can u kindly PM me the list? Thks!