Any Recommendation for Printers?

mehmeh_lim

hi flowerbabe,

U've got mail
happy.gif

mehmeh_lim

hi Tatty,

My cards as requested by the earlier BTBs are my church invites, not the banqquet ones. But for banquet invites I did direct-print on the cards I got fr my hotel's supplier. Hotstamping is apparently 'out-dated', but tt's just what i heard
happy.gif

I shall send u the sample of my banquet invite, instead of the church one yah?

jodareth

Mehmeh,

thanks for the sample.. ya, i needed the banquet one..
I oso doing direct print on cards too.. so sourcing for printer contact. can i hv the contact too?

sandsand

Hi all.. i'm in the midst of looking for printers to print my church invites and dinner inserts too..

I've gotten so many recommendations from this thread alone man..

Before i go approaching any printers, is there anything i need to know first?

I.e: Are there any specific questions that i need to ask? My church invites, i plan to do it like a bookmark size (3 of them make up one A4 paper), nothing fanciful, max 2 colours, no pictures. Other than ask for price of printing, any other thing i should ask for, like any other services that i may need, pick up time? anything?

stupeed

hey ribbons, i seen a bookmark invite like that on cardblanche website...go see! its a green cherry blossoms one with pink ribbon...not bad, can put a lot of info hor? think 2 colours will be a bit more expensive though...usually 1 colour is more cost effective and still look nice.

sandsand

hi verie..

I'm sure Cardblanche's cards are nice but i never go there cos they are way above my budget. I only intend to spend $0.30 per card. will add on other things like ribbons later.. but i dont think i want to spend so much money on cards... i wish i can, but budget doesnt allow.

mifster

Hi,
Just like to share this with everyone,
I was able to get my wedding inserts printed at a cheaper rate & gd quality print. I did not have to go to my printer, it was all by email & in few days they were delivered to me. I am very satisfied with this printer, heard they also do graphic design. Anyone interested, pls leave me a pm cos im not sure if i can post the printer's contacts here.

stupeed

hi ribbons, did you manage to find a printer that matches your budget? share with us ok? =)

hi xx, its amazing that you managed to liase with the printers via email...it seems like most people prefer to go down to the shops and see it for themselves because they fussy about certain things. That's very nice of you! =)

For me, i have to go down and see one...but see one time can already, then i don't mind dealing through email too.

silentelf

Hi gals.. does anyone know that the mould for hotstamping is chargeable? I have some contradictions at TDragon..

when i called them, a lady said it was $20 (mould) and $0.20 per pc, and then when I went down to the shop, another lady said it was $40 (mould) and $0.40 per pc. The 3rd time I went (as I decided to let them print my invites becoz they are pretty near my place, didnt want the hassle to source around), another lady served me and she told us it was $30 (mould) and $0.20 per pc. So i ended up paying $30 for the mould & $0.20 per pc for hotstamping.

The normal printing of inserts were charge at $100 for the first 200pcs & subsequent $0.20 per pc. An icon charge $10 but this can be waived if u tried to ask.

Anyway i'm just sharing my experiences with u.. as i wonder why they dont tell ppl their standard price. or perhaps it is charge differently for different hotels? Service so far, I think quite ok as they are pretty friendly. Just make sure u paid for the standard & not kena 'kar tor'.. ;p just my 2 cents..

mehmeh_lim

hi eltgal,

what sort of card are u printing? i've got 2.. one who did my full-colour postcard invites for church & another who did a direct-print onto my banquet cards (card supplied via hotel)

sandsand

verie: fh and i found one... T&T printing, JB, city square... they quoted me less than $0.30 for a post card sized invite, one size unlimited colours, the other side black, with envelope (good quality kind, the kind you can buy by weight at popular)... this is definitely a blessing... the inserts they charging about S$34 for 100 pieces, add in icon no extra charge, but is normal printing. Suppose to be matt gold, but it looks a bit brownish (we're fine with it, dont really bother.), they dont do hotstamping..

will update again when i'm back from my trip to T&T...

sandsand

hi all.... i just got my post card invitations and inserts from T&T on saturday.... good, no complains... everything turned out the way we wanted... we havent triedn to see if the inserts do fit the actual hotel cards, but T&T says if cannot, to bring back all the inserts to them.. but from what we see, shouldnt be a problem... they did our save the dates cards too..

thumbs up for the service we received from T&T...

scobido

hi ribbons

any other printers that do printing for hotstamping? cos i initially also wanted to use t & t and even plan to go there 2mlw but then i realised they use matt gold which doesn't match our wedding cards.

earl_grey

Hi Jasmine,

I used AXXA too after reading Mehmeh and Minssy's recommendations and was very happy with my invitations. You can contact AXXA at 6282 9269 (ask for Ms Mary Huang, the sales manager), their address is at 605A Macpherson Road, #05-01 Citimac Industrial Complex.

mehmeh_lim

hi jasmine,

gosh, i just rem to check this thread.. do u still require assistance?

hi earlgrey,

glad tt i was of help
happy.gif
Mary's really patient
happy.gif

hi veron,

i think printers wun mind.. though prices wld be higher, coz qty is kind low

stupeed

hi esther, i wont suggest inserts and to get your own cards instead, but about 3 months before your wedding should be fine, giving yourself time to post out 1 and a half months before your wedding.

wilest

verie
my hotel will be providing the invites but got to get insert done.. just scratch head when to confirm the no. of capacity and collect my invites from hotel.. hmm kinda need alot time management

stupeed

hi esther, oh what i did was to exchange my hotel cards for an extra day-room and they let me! That way i can do my own invitations to reflect me and my husband's personalities lor...more unique then the usual designs the hotel provides.

shakira

HI all,

I need to find a good printer (does hotstamping) that can help me to design my invitation card which i already have the design in my mind. I need ard 350 copies and my budget is ard $400.

My invitation card will be of postcard size (Front and Back). Front: White bkgrd with 4 colors, black, gold (shiny type), chrome/silver and metalic red. Back: Grey bkgrd with white wordings.

Please help as time is getting shorter...

loveangel

Verie: that's a great idea but i think my FH & i will stick to printing inserts.

Can anyone recommend me a printing company for inserts? Roughly, what is the rate? I'm totally at a loss! I'm looking at 400 pcs. What info do i need to provide the company?

Also, sorry for being so suaku but what is hotstamping?

stupeed

yeah lor...we should try whatever we can. like for example, we had to have the usual big ballroom dinner banquet cos our parents did not allow otherwise...so the only thing for me to do what i want is to pay attention to the other details like cards, favours, etc... =)

april89

i know there's a printer who does post-card invitations but not in large quantity. maybe around 200 cards at one time.. she charges 60cents for coloured invitation back and front i think. if anyone is interested u can PM me for her contact! :D hope it helps! my sister got her wedding cards printed with this printer. and it looked good! i think i'll get mine from her too!

rinnie

Hi April,you dun accept PM lei.. can I have the contact? BTW, do they do the designing as well? Or I'll have to get the design done isit? Paiseh ar..am a little blur..just started researching about invitation cards....any sample to show? Can I have a look at how your sis's cards look like?Thanks gal!

[email protected]

april89

hello there! i've already emailed u! =D hope the information helps! if u didn't get my mail tell me k? i send to u again..

rinnie: sorry! i forgot to activate my PM. haha. but i emailed u already!

monkie

hi MnM
can go together to city square to print, and maybe can get a cheaper price?
just my naive thinking only.
happy.gif