Any Korean drama serial fans here?

merryberrys

aqua u still got the show?? i miss that when they show it...
i heard the staircase to heaven v sad one...
did u all watch last sun channel U movie? korea movie...v interesting movie

dolphin48

aquarius, hee i think i've watched it before in movie.... sometimes cannot remember the title and must see the pic then i can recall..... ya that show quite funnie... still can remember the sandwich with the "egg white"... that's the ultimate!

berry, ya staircase to heaven is very sad one.... i can lend u when we meet up actually if you want. can't bear to sell it away but don't mind lending u.

aquarius_888

berry no dun hv cos my friend took back already.
happy.gif
yup stairway to heaven bery sad one. I din watch the show last sun...what is it...

Daphne...yeah...the sandwich!!!

merryberrys

oh.. ok can lend to me...thanks...
btw i wanna ask...the xia ri xiang qi...tat show hor...
what happen in the end?coz i miss the last episode...any1 knows?
classic is very nice... i cry too while watching..i even cry when i watch sassy girl...hehe

meijia

Hi ladies,

I also addicted to Da Chang jin, i just managed to complete the whole seies in 2 weeks time. The show is too fanstastic, hb is hooked also.

Do your know any other show acted by the male lead. Now my crazed turn to him liao. But I forgot his name liao.

ingenue78

Hi carrie,

that droolsome male lead in da chang jin is Ji Jin-hee. i'm so into the drama as well...in fact, felt kinda of sad when i'm approaching the last 10 episodes...I can't wait to go to go on a korea trip to visit the filming sites soon. Can't seem to get enuff of this show!

hpyue

Hi...

Anybody know and have the Soundtrack of "shooting Star" male lead is Jong In Sung.. just bought his latest drama Spring Day.. cant wait to watch.. hehehe..

dilemmagal

Hi

I am also the korean drama fans. Now watching save the last dance for you.

Hi Blue Genie
Eighteen years old bride is nice. Happy endings with some fun action.

Btw, I have full house by rain and song hui qiao. It is in VCD format, korean speaking with chinese subtitles. Planning to sell at $30 for part 1 and 2. Any1 interest?

Elaine
Hv you finished watching the Spring Day? Knows the story line?

dilemmagal

Hi

I am also the korean drama fans. Now watching save the last dance for you.

Hi Blue Genie
Eighteen years old bride is nice. Happy endings with some fun action.

Btw, I have full house by rain and song hui qiao. It is in VCD format, korean speaking with chinese subtitles. Planning to sell at $30 for part 1 and 2. Any1 interest?

Elaine
Hv you finished watching the Spring Day? Knows the story line?

cheerio

I am watching Da Chang Jin too, now a big fan of Ji Jin Hee
kao_biggrin.gif

Been trying to find out the name of the song and singer of My fair Lady by Jin Xi Shan, anyone got any idea??

cheerio

So Spring Day also by Ji Jin Hee? What's the chinese name of the show? Saw the feedbacks on this show is quite good yah..

cheerio

oh.. not by Ji Jin Hee ah
kao_sad2.gif

heard from my fren that he is the guy in "Bai Wan Xin Niang", anyone watched that before? is it nice?

hpyue

Aquarius...

yeah yeah yeah... by Jo In sung... my fav man.. becos of him thats why I buy...

Cheerio
Roughtly story line is about this two brother Jo In Sung and ji jin hee "Da ching jin" male lead . Ji Jin Hee met with accident and lost his memory, his gf very sad and console by his brother Jo in sung and end up they fell in love. I guess story start when Ji Jin hee regain his memory.. this is the sale gal told me so.. I have yet to watch coz me now still watching "Da Chang Jin"..

cheerio

Harlow elaine, so is Hee the male lead in the show? Have you watched Bai Wan Xin Niang? Think its a more light hearted show
kao_biggrin.gif

I also now very addicted to Da Chang Jin, really a very good production, no wonder its so hot in Hong Kong
kao_cheers.gif

but do you find that Li Ying Ai like a bit too mature looking? seems like all the roles in the show who are suppose to be at her age look younger than she, like Lian Sheng, she looks so fresh and dewy.. er.. no offence to Ying Ai's fans k
kao_embarrassed.gif

feel that Jin Xian Zhu, the younger sis in Po Li Xie (Glass Shoe) will also be very suitable as Chang Jin, she also got that can-take-alot-of-hardship-look
kao_kiss.gif

hpyue

Cheerio..

Hee should be the male lead too.. who is the lead actor by Bai Wan Xin Nian ?? never heard before.. hehehe..
Yeah I do find Ying Ai a little mature, I like Lian Sheng .. anyway I think I will be finish it off tonight with the Last DVD so that I can start watching "Spring Day".. what other drama will you recommend ??

cheerio

Harlow,
heard from my fren that Bai Wan Xin Niang is by Ji Jin Hee and Jin Xian Zhu..

Yah, I think Lian Sheng is soo pretty, Xin Fei also.. Xin Fei is the girl who play the younger Song Hui Qiao in All In if you notice, she is also very pretty..

actually I don't really watch that many korean shows lah, I prefer HongKong serials, but now with Da Chang Jin, I will start to watch more
kao_biggrin.gif

I stop halfway Paris Lovers, its a nice show too but the story not as gripping as Da Chang Jin, but the comments are quite good so if you haven't watch that maybe can try.. btw, you rent or buy? I usually will rent a few disc to test test first before investing in the whole set..

reismion

hihi

new to tis forum. absolutely loves "da chang jin" to bits. watched it twice.

"lovers in paris" was ok. liked the lead. stubborn mcp. :p but then again, i like stubborn guys. ha ha...

meijia

Hi ino and Elaine,

Yes, I hooked to the male lead liao. I saw Spring day, but i still prefer him in traditional costume.

Is Spring Day nice.

I feel lost after finishing da chang jin. I waiting for my friends to return me the disc to watch 2nd round.

I also want to go Korea although i been there twice liao. That time i watch a taiwan variety show, it shows the da chang jin village, it is so nice. You can wear the clothes also. And there is a big tv showing da chang jin all day.

hpyue

Carrie...

Yeah I feel Jin Hee looks better in his traditional costume.. hahahaha.. I am not sure if spring day nice coz I buy is becoz of Insung.. so to me sure nice one la.... hahahaha..

Cheerio...
I haven watch lover in Paris, still waiting for my friend to lent me lei.. actually I didnt watch alot korean drama.. sometimes they are danm long winded and draggy .. I was very suprise that "da chang jin" wasnt a slow and draggy drama and yet so many exp... hehehe but I dont quite like towards to the ending part.. not very interesting lei.. anybody any comments about this ?? wanna share?

reismione...
What other drama nice to recommend ??

reismion

hi Elaine Yue (hpyue)

i've oni seen less than 10 dramas le. some v old 1s liao. a gd 1 is "beautiful days" if u've not seen it yet.
happy.gif

not a big fan though. i juz watch as n when i feel like it. :p

cheerio

elaine - yah!yah! agreed that some korean serials very long winded, they also tend to have lots of 'flash backs' in the last few episodes
kao_dizzy.gif

carrie - wah.. you been to korea twice liao, I haven't even been there once.. is the place nice? heard that the people not very frenly though
kao_confused.gif

reismione - my fren also STRONGLY rec Beautiful Days.. before she rec it I rent and returned after I finish one disc.. buay tahan leh.. story like so sianzz.. then after she rec I tot give it another shot.. this time I return after .. think watching 3 discs.. still sianzz leh
kao_sleep.gif

kangeroo_gal

hi all, since everyone has a different preference for each drama, shall we have a rating system here? e.g. tell us how you will rate your favourite korean dramas ... Let's recommend those that scored higher than 3.

Ratings:
5 - MUST Watch and forget about sleeping!
3 - Should watch but can sleep.
1 - forget about it!

Here are my own list. Please feel free to add in any new recommendation, as well as any nice korean movies along the way.

Rated 4-5
Winter Sonata,
Successful story of bright gal,
My Love Patzzi
Autumn Story
Stairway to heaven
Da Chang Jin
Lovers in Paris
All About Eve

Ratings 3-4
Loving You
Romance
Attic Cat
Full House
'Chun cui shi dai' - by Go Su, Park Jung Chul

hpyue

Mindy..

I only watch a few not as many as you.. I try yeah hehe..

Da chang jin - 5
Successful story of bright gal - 4
memories of bali - 5
18 years old bride - 4
"zhend Zhi" - 5
"Oh! bi shen shung yin" - 2

this is what I watch..

kangeroo_gal

hi Elaine
18 yrs old bride is movie or drama? and 'zhen zhi' is which wan? i saw got one show call 'zhen shi' by CJW...is this the one?

cheerio

I only watched a few and most are old shows liao..

The Hotelier : 5*
Da Chang Jin : 5
Winter Sonata : 4
Bright Girl's Success Story : 4
Hong Dou Nu Zhi Lian : 4
All In : 3
Autumn Story : 3
Summer Scent : 3
My Fair Lady : 3-

Although I haven't finish watching PAris Lover, but from the quality of the production and the shooting in Paris, I rate it as 4

reismion

hi cheerio

for "beautiful days", initially i find it v slow 2 then managed to "survive" the 1st few episodes then the show became interesting to me. give it 1 more try. u wont regret it. ;)

cheers.

reismion

"Sad Sonata" - read the reviews le. not v appealing. any feedbacks after watching it?
happy.gif
)

but the lead's v handsome... *drooling*

cheerio

aquarius - heard about Full House, its very hot in Taiwan now right? is the story originally from comic? there is a comic called "lang man man wu"

reismione - like that 3rd try liao leh..
kao_dizzy.gif
my fren also say initially quite sian but will pick up but I no patient for the story to 'resurrect'.. hahaha.. but Li Bing Xian quite handsome in the show..

what is Sad Sonata in Chinese?

reismion

hi cheerio

okie. mayb pick a time when u r not so easily bored then watch again. ya, Lee Byun Hyun's a hulk in tat show. eye candy but dun like "Liu shi yuan". his lips r a bit 2 thick for my liking. :p

fyi "sad sonata" = "bei shang lian ge"

cheerio

harlow reismion - my fren who rec me the show also dun like Liu Shi Yuan, say his character in the show very sickening
kao_frustrated.gif

oh.. Bei Shang Lian Ge .. think I saw the VCD selling in TS.. what is the story line and who are the leads?

btw, anyone start to learn Korean after getting hooked on Korean drama?

meijia

cheerio,

ya, been to Korea twice, ppl so far still ok. I prefer my second trip with Chan brothers. The local tour guide is very good.

Me is after seeing DCJ, feels like going back again, hb also gian. But say say oni, won't go back so soon.

I oni watch a few show also

The Hotelier : 5
Da Chang Jin : 5
Winter Sonata :5
Hong Dou Nu Zhi Lian:3
Autumn Story : 4
My Fair Lady :3
Lovers in Paris:4
Romance :3
18 yrs old bride:4
Mermaid (mei ren yu):2

Any new shows to recommend, i went TS yty, saw Spring days and Sad Sonata, dun know want to buy or not.

keann

"Full house" is very nice show....watching it now...definately funnie and very different from typical korean type of love stories!!!

little_a

i just bought Spring day...watching it now.. shld be a very nice show..
Just finish watching Stained Glass ...generally not too bad...

Heehee, i prefer the typical korean love stories...

aquarius_888

hey little ger...you also watching spring day now? me too...I think not too bad but most important cos Jo In Sung is in the show. kekeke

aquarius_888

hey little ger...you also watching spring day now? me too...I think not too bad but most important cos Jo In Sung is in the show. kekeke

reismion

hi aquaris_888

is "spring day" those slow moving tear-jerkers?
how do u find the plot so far? typical korean drama style?

reismion

hi cheerio

've not watched "sad sonata" yet but my fren's been asking me 2. :p no mood 4 korean shows le after "dae jang geum" n "lovers in paris".
happy.gif

cheerio

me now also very lost after finished watching Da Chang Jin, still cannot get over Ji Jin Hee
kao_blush.gif
now I started to find single eyelid guys attractive.. hahaha...

tonight channel U start showing Stairways to Heaven, very tempted to watch but afraid everyday go to work with swollen eyes
kao_cry.gif

hey, nobody learning Korean now ah?? I wanted to learn so trying to source for a school leh
kao_kiss.gif

why everybody want to watch Jo In Sung in Spring Day, nobody suppport Ji Jin Hee ah
kao_frustrated.gif