Any comments on Sealy Mattress

dear_dear

Hi,

In the first plc, I m thinking of getting a king koil queen size mattress. After yesterday when I went to harvey norman, the salesman recommended me Sealy Mattress. After lying down, I feel its more comfortable than king koil but the price is very expensive.

The one which I like for King Koil is $1500 but Sealy is $1999.

So I am wondering anyone have any comments on Sealy Mattress before I decide coz me & my hubby are worrying whether will it last long as we didn't know much abt Sealy brand.

Pls help

makiyo

Hi Yvonne,

My hubby has backache frequently. So he chose Perfecta memory foam instead of the usual spring mattress when we bought our 1st bed. We stay at my parents' in law house during weekdays & go to our house during weekends. We can't sleep soundly & my hubby always has backache whenever we stay at my parents' in law house.

bashful

Hi Yvonne

My understanding is Sealy is a big brand in US. If we didn't buy our Simmons, we might have gotten Sealy.

Frankly, do not be bothered with the additional few hundreds. Beds are meant to last for long (and very long indeed) so if you divide your 'investment' over the lifespan, that few hundreds is nothing. Why compromise with your health?
happy.gif

Hope this helps and have fun shopping!

von

hi yvonne

Sealy is a gd brand... king koil is not bad too.
other gd brand will be simmons & tink serta is gd too
its gd to invest on a good mattress rather than anything else, since we spend at least abt 6hrs lying there
happy.gif

makiyo

Hi Yvonne,

Nope. Our bed is not Sealy but Perfecta memory foam mattress. It is good for people with back problems. My hubby was looking at King Koil pocketed spring mattress at 1st but later decided on Perfecta. We bought it from Casa Italy during 1 S'pore Expo exhibition.

rihini

Just to share:
There's this Slumberland Crown Jewel which is extremely X, but very very comfortable.

The sales person says that the other day, a woman forced her husband to get that mattress or he will sleep on the floor. yah... he did purchase that mattress for them.
happy.gif

dear_dear

Hmm...thks ladies for ur advice...I agree with JC & dia coz we need to spend at least 6hrs on the bed...I will go aroun & take a look first

phoenix_ho

Hi gals,

I just paid a deposit for a four star brand mattress (queen size) recently.It's call Premier Prestige. Mattress + Divan costs me abt $1200...just wondering if anyone uses this mattress before? Is it good and am I overpaying for it? Pls advise. Thanks

ariel_low

Hi Yvonne,

My husband and I just bought a Sealy mattress from IMM a few Saturdays ago and after trying out a few brands, this is the one we found to be the most comfortable. The one we got is called "Mayfair" which we paid about $1990 for (I think at Robinson it is called "San Marino" but going for a few hundred dollars more). Note that different shops carry the same mattress but under a different name to prevent price competition.

Initially, we were considering between King Koil, Dunlopinno (no too sure of spelling) foam mattress, Edinburgh and Sealy. We found the King Koil to be rather firm for most of their mattresses. The Dunlopinno foam mattress was really really soft and comfortable but foam will trap lotsa heat so the mattress might get a bit warm after awhile. Edinburgh is a brand that we had not heard about until we walked into a Roland shop. We found it to be nice and plush but we were worried as we had not heard much about this brand.

Finally, we went to try out some Sealy mattresses and we found them to be quite plush and at the same time offering enough rigidity for support. The only downside is that these mattresses are rather expensive. So we shopped around for a few weeks comparing prices between shops like Robinsons, Takashimaya and finally the Sealy shop in IMM and we found out that we could bargain the most there!

Sealy is a big brand in the US and the Four Season's Hotel in Singapore uses one of their higher end models. So, if you ask me, I'd say just invest a bit more in a mattress as you'll be using it for a very very long time. Of course, don't pay exhorbitant prices for it too. Shop around (there's another Sealy shop at The Harbourfront). Try to bargain the price down and bring the best price you can get to the next shop. They will surely try to accomodate you. =)

crystal2

Hi Yvonne,

I got one during a sale. I think I paid around $1.3k for a good Sealy mattress and bed at the Sealy counter at Parco Bugis Junction.

angelinetan

Hi Crystal,

How is the name of ur sealy mattress that u bought? I also in the consideration of Simmons and Sealy mattress. Actually between both of them, do anyone have any idea which spring is better? One claim pocketed spring n e other is posture tech coil is better.

crystal2

Hi Angeline,

I think the model of mine is Posturepedic mattress, using a patented design.

Pocketed spring everywhere also have, King Koil also using pocketed spring. The disadvantage of pocketed spring is that you have to flip your mattress every year to lengthen the lifespan, so to even distribute the pressure applied on the spring.

Simmons, I believe, is much much more expensive. Another trick, buy a average mattress and get a mattress pad from Ikea, it will make it very comfy.

angelinetan

Hi Crystal,

Do Parco charged for delivery? Now trying to compare the price but heard that different sealy outlets having different names for e mattress.

I thought nowadays the simmons advertised that no need of flip for their mattress.

crystal2

Angeline,

I think Posturepedic is the standard model name, but I can't be sure. I bought it quite some time back during the offer period, at the Sealy counter at Parco. Nope, they did not charge me for delivery.

I believe Simmons is much better than King Koil, just that King Koil does a lot of advertising hence it's very popular. For the price you are paying for Simmons, I believe they have some sort of 'technology' in the mattress so you don't have to flip, otherwise it's not worth the money.

I went to Simmons showroom, walked out in a few minutes because the prices frightened me. But the sales people were very nice.

angelinetan

Hi Crystal,

I thought Sealy price is more expensive than simmons but i can said both sales people is friendly. Actually e price for both brands is competitive so dunno which is better to take.

Ya, Posturepedic is the standard name as i have saw some models as Paris Plush & Manchester Plush.

cawaii

hi angeline,
juz went tot he simmons showroom, the sales person told me that need to flip the mattress to distribute the pressure.

sealy mattress is really comfortable. tried the royal monarch and really like it but itz 14 inch. so may consider san marino.

crystal2

Hi Angeline,

Perhaps Sealy and Simmons are priced at the same range, but since I bought my Sealy mattress during a sale, I have this perception that it is cheaper, haha.

Hi Cawaii,

I think the royal moarch is comfortable, but if I recall correctly, it's expensive, right?

I intend to purchase a mattress pad at Ikea ($200+) to put on top of my Sealy mattress so there's a 'cushion-effect' to it. That's what several salesmen have recommended me to do.

cawaii

hi crystal,
royal monarch costs $2799 for a king size mattress if i remember correctly. husband really like this but i feel that 14inch is bit high. and may afraid that have problem looking for bedsheet.
mayfair is 12inch but not as comfortable as royal monarch. so may go for a between these two models which is san marino 13inch.

crystal2

Hi Cawaii,

I bought a Queen size bed and a bedframe for $1,299. Not complaining.
happy.gif

For a high King size bed, it is indeed difficult to get a bedsheet.

I always have this thinking, since we spend so much time on the bed, we should get one we are totally comfortable in. I will envy your bed, hee hee.

angelinetan

Hi Cawaii & Crystal,

Ya, 14 inch is a bit high, i also afraid some bedsheet cant fit. Yesterday i tried e san marino, it is really comfortable. Right now, robinson having disc on it. It is 30%+ addt'l 10% & if u have robinson card, another 5%. So original price for queen size is $3099 aft disc is $1854.75. Is it cheap? or shd i go to e main shop like IMM or harbourfront to get a cheaper price?

sneezybum

Hi, Cawaii

You also thinking of getting royal monarch? Me too. Was also concerned like you abt availability of bed sheets. But after recceing at robinsons, i realised that there are quite a few brands which can fit 14" mattress. high end includes hallmark, perri, martex. For lower end ones, can use king koil, santa barbara and another brand by hallmark. When will you be getting your mattress? I also scouting around. Most probably will get in june.

Hi, Angeline

I compared already. If you're buying the frame together with the mattress, the Home Store at IMM still offers the best price compared to Robinsons.

This is the info I got from Sealy sales manager

Home Store Royal Monarch - Robinsons Manchester
Home Store Mayfair - Robinsons San Marino Plush

angelinetan

Hi Sean,

So concident, u also came to tis topics. U also interested in sealy mattress? I also like manchester but a bit x, tat why thgt of getting San Marino. How abt Sealy store at harbourfront? Is it abt e same price as imm?

Today i went over to Parco Bugis Junction n sealy another called Limited also same as manchester. Sales assistant said tis is better value than manchester. Now offer $2559 with headset.

sneezybum

Hi, Angeline Tan

Me aiming the Royal Monarch King Size. Selling at IMM Home Store for $2990 wif bedframe. Most likely will get this in June or July.

Where is the Sealy at Bugis? Is it inside Seiyu? Which level? Maybe I will drop by on Sat to take a look

rasphael

just bought a queen size kingkoil chiro posture mattress recently @1.1k (with bed-protector + 2 pillows foc).

choose a bed that u really feel most comfortable with, it a long terms investment for our back.

meowie

Some news to share. Robinsons is having a sale on next tues. If you are their member, good for you.
happy.gif
If you purchase sealy mattress on tues, you'll receive 35% disc and additional $200 off if mattress is above $1000 after that 35% disc. And if you receive the mailer sent from them, there's a $20 disc for purchases above $100. Beside that, you'll get some free bedings think pillows and mattress protector from them too. Why not check out with them and deicide what are the freebies from them and during the sale on that day, compare the diff and make a decision? Oh if you dun have the card, ask a friend who has to bring you in lor.

I purchase my sealy mattress from Robinsons in May last yr. So far not negative comments on the mattress. Before my purchase, i was considering Simmons too. But that's too ex and we wanted something good for the back hence we bought the posturepedic venice mattress. Not sure now still got carry this model or not. That time i got free mattress protector and 2 pillows. Usual price was $1799 but got 25% off and $100 disc too and of course the rebate for members card. Then robinsons also have a policy not sure if it applies to other outlets. If you find that before the mattress is sent to your house, and they have better discount, you can go back to them to get a rebate. Not sure if you gals understand what i mean.

crystal2

Hi Sean,

Yes, Sealy Bugis is inside Seiyu, I think it's on the 3rd floor. It's at the bedsheet/kitchenery section.

Go to Robinson, as recommended by Meow, too. I think it's a good deal. Sealy is good, and with the discounts offered, makes it affordable.

Hi Meow,

Yes, I received a free matress protector and 2 pillows too. I think it's a 'free gift' package the sales people are allowed to give to entice customers. Good for us consumers
happy.gif

meowie

Hi Crystal, jus wondering. Yours is also the posturepedic series too right.You mention you'll get the mattress protector from Ikea. Will it still work for your back with the cushioning of the mattress protector?? Well have you start using it? Can share with me? Thanks.

Anyway i got another news to share for those who are still considering the Simmons mattress and beds. Robinsons is offering 35% off from usual price and on tues night, they have additional $200 off for the following 3 models: Finezza, Royalty pillow top and Roosevelt

crystal2

Hi Meow,

I have not get the mattress pad from Ikea yet, hence I am unable to comment. I like those mattress that comes with a pad attached at the top because I like my bed to be soft and comfy. So the salesguy suggested that I could simply get the pad seperately from Ikea, it will give the same effect and support. For now, I just have to take his word for it.

meowie

crystal, one point to note is that those bedsheet sets you've get must be able to fit into the mattress and the mattress protector leh. Else it'll be a waste of money liao. After washing my bedsheet, it seems like one of my bedsheet can't fit into the mattress. Supposingly it fits ok lor. So pls make sure those bedsheet you bought can fit into your mattress. I think Simmons will have this problem since its 14" if it those padding on both sides.

blurblurblur28

wonder if anyone knows the contact numbers of the sealy stores in IMM (Homemaker) and harbourfront? did anyone buy the san marino? wonder if it is really good?

angelinetan

Hi Blurblurblur,

I have e contact no but i left it at home so posted it tomorrow. I have just placed the deposit for Mayfair at harbourfront (San Marino at robinson). My FH & i like the comfort when we slept on it. Manchester also comfort but a bit x.

Hi Sean,
I just saw ur posting. Crystal has answered it. Have you checked it out at seiyu? Actually i can felt any difference between these three, Manchester, Royal monarch & limited.

cawaii

hi Angeline,
hve checked at both home store at IMM & HarbourFront, the price for royal monarch king size is $2799. didnt check if they give discount or not.
note that robinsons and home store carry different range.

hi Sean,
the royal monarch king size with bed frame costs only $2990. then itz more worth to get the bed frame as well.
btw, san marino is comfortable than mayfair coz san marino got more padding. havent tried the manchester yet.
will prob go down robinsons tmw or wed to check that out. recd a call from robinsons salesperson that they will have better offer tmw and wed.

cawaii

Hi Sean,

GDL is ard end may so end to buy the mattress by end of this mth.
any idea whether aussino bedsheets can fit the 14" mattress?
ai ya actually bought my bedsheet aldy, and then realised can only fir abt 10" mattress. looks like got to give away my bedsheet. heart pain.
sad.gif

meowie

Hi Cawaii, do refer to my earlier posting. It's true Robinsons will have a better offer tomorrow. But it'll be open to members only. If your colleague or friend have one, simply ask her/him to bring you in. You'll need to produce the card or letter inorder to go in.
happy.gif

Did you confirm if yours is 14"?? maybe you can ask the staffs before purchasing. Or you know they do display those beds right. Check if they're 14" or not.

crystal2

Hi Meow,

Mine is a Queen. The biggest mattress pad Ikea is selling is a Queen. I was wondering, maybe can get a King size bedsheet, sure big enough to fit one right?
happy.gif

angelinetan

Hi Cawaii,

Is it true that san marino has more padding than mayfair? Oh no, i also have bought e aussino bedsheet but i have asked the robinson staff n they said shdnt have problem to fit it in.

Hi Blurblurblur,
The home store at imm no is 65668233 and harbourfront is 62788035.

artoo

hi,

Besides an excellent mattress, note that only Sealy mattress gives 10 yrs guaranteed. All other brands of mattress only offers warranty. u can find out wat is the difference bet these 2 words.

meowie

Morning Crystal, its not true that the king size bedsheet can fit nicely on the queen size mattress. The corners and edges will look "ugly" right??

Angeline, as for the thickness, best to ask aussino staffs. They should know their product better than anyone else right? Maybe can call them to ask lor.
happy.gif

sneezybum

Hi, Cawaii

Sorry for not replying yesterday cos was very sick yeaterday. Manchester (aka Royal Monarch) is definitely plusher than San Marino (aka Mayfair). I called up Robinsons to ask for the prices. For a Manchester with bedframe, it is $3500 after all th discounts if you buy it today or tomorrow. So the Home Store at IMM or Harbourfront still offers the best price.

Another thing, if your budget is around 2k+ to 3k for a bed with bed frame, you can also consider Simmmons. They are having a promotion for their Canadian Beautyrest series. For the King Size Belair, it costs $3299 and comes together with a bedframe and Peri cotton sateen bedsheets, quilt cover and pillow cases. Went to Robinsons to see the prices. Price of the Peri items comes up to 500+. Definitely a good deal. Maybe I will get the Simmons one cos it's comparable to the Sealy price but I think better cos Simmons is using individual pocketed coils which minisise body movements. You may want to take a look.

pinocchio

Hi Artoo, I think you have to understand what they mean my guarantee. From what I know.. if the mattress gives problems on the third year, they are only responsible for the 70% (ie rest of the 7 years) as you have used 3 years already.

One reason they provide guarantee instead of warranty because they don't have any service centre in Singapore. They cannot provide any service warranrty even if they want to.

cawaii

hi sean,
bought the manchester mattress today at robinsons. the price after disc abt $2700+. didnt check simmons coz husband seams to prefer sealy.
was checking the bedsheets, wow perri and martex so ex. so bought the brand called cozy (i think), more ex then king coil but more comfortable. will check out aussino and see if they have deep fitted bedsheets. definetly have to buy more bedsheets coz got to give/throw the current ones.

sneezybum

Hi, Cawaii

Is the bedframe inclusive of the $2700? If yes, then it's a good buy. Yes, peri, martex and hallmark are all top of the line bedsheets, easily costing above $400 for a set. You might want to consider santa barbara (look under jean perry) and john curtis (under hallmark). Feel that their bedsheets are also very soft and luxurious. At least better than King Coil. I touched their Eypgtian cotton range and frankly speaking, it felt so coarse and sewing quality looked quite bad. Definitely won't consider even though it's dirt cheap.

I gave Robinsons a miss cos my wife and I have come to the conclusion of buying the Simmons Belair mattress instead. Cos I tend to toss around in bed quite a fair bit and she's a light sleeper, I also want her to have a good rest at night and not be disturbed by my tossing and turning

angelinetan

Hi Sean,

How about Mayfair compare to San Marino? Is there any difference? My case is e same as ur as im a light sleeper whereas my FH tend to toss. At first we also consider Simmons but ended up felt like Sealy is more comfortable.

bennysmurf

Hi,
I agree with JC that spending a few hundred or even a thousand more on a good mattress is worth it. Nothing beats a restful and comfortable sleep.

Me and my wife have found that Sealy mattress are more comfy compared to Simmons or Slumberland. The Sealy Posturepaedic Bridlington with its memory foam was truly wonderful! We eventually got the Park Lane model (king), similar to Bridlington, from Sealy Sleep Gallery for about $3600 in November 2003, cos it was slightly cheaper than Robinsons. In addition, we got a free bedframe as part of the Sealy promotion then.

I advise those thinking of buying Sealy to wait for promotions at Robinsons, then go and bargain for freebies like more matress protectors at the Sealy Sleep Galleries at IMM or Harbourfront. Btw, XZQT, Harvey Norman, Taka also sell Sealy mattresses, might want to take a look.