Any advise on selecting a suitable mattress ?

kfkbmel

I love the mattresses provided at Hilton and Marriott hotels. After sleeping for just 2 hours, you feel totally refreshed, felt as if you had slept for 8 hours. Does anyone know what brand of mattress they are using?

terter26

anybody heard of EDEN mattress?? they selling at $799 for King size with FOC 2 pillows, 1 bolster and 1 mattress protector... Good deal?

bladers

I personally liked Simmons and Max Coil, tried them at Furniture Mall, but am interested to find out more about Slumberland (heard quite a few gd reviews here) and Sealy.

Simmons is so ex, is there any other places that offer a better price?

Like something with a memory foam and spring coil below, so soft on top, firm at the bottom.

wtpoh

Hi Fifi, Min and Ongfamy,

May i know which are the kingkoil models you have bought and how much they cost? I recently came across Med Care from Kingkoil and not too sure if it is good. can u advise?
thanks
Alamak

cutie_gal

Hi Alamak,

I dun hv the specific model leh. But mine is the natural latex model, european top with back support. I bought 2.3k king size w Divan
happy.gif

squashy

Hi,
I recently paid a deposit on a viscoelastic foam orthorest plush. Sales lady said its model of Dunlopillo, its very comfortable when we tried on it and only cost $1.9k incl bedframe very affordable too
happy.gif

wtpoh

Hi Summer,

There is a sale going on at robinson centerpoint from 16th - 18th Aug 07.

But can anyone advise if it is cheaper to purchase King Koil mattresses during robinson's sale? cheaper? Thanks.

Alamak

serrich

Hi Victor,

U keen in Orthorest/Dunlopillo mattress? I bgt a Orthorest mattress for my bro a few wks ago at quite a good deal compared to the retail stores..

If u are keen, u can email your enquiry to [email protected]. You can email them your preference, the brands and models u are interested in and they will give you advice and a quote. Hope this helps! Cheers.

troides

I tried a Spring Air mattress Monet series, liked the plush feeling.

It is new to Singapore, I can't find any reviews. Any comments on this brand?

gracey54

I think it is best to go to different shops and try as many as you can. That is the only way you find out what you like best -- spring, latex, memory foam; firm, soft or in-the-middle.

I would definitely try IKEA, but also compare it with some expensive brands and you will know whether you want to spend a fortune on a bed or not.

The thing is that you also have to combine the mattress with the appropriate base because even the best, most comfortable mattress will be uncomfortable if you put it on the floor or a base that does not go with it.

Krishnakumar

I have just bought Sunday latex mattress recently. It gives good back support and feeling fresh when I wake up in the morning. This mattress suits my individual sleeping style and my restless sleep gone away. You can try out this mattress.

MissyAu_95

Hi all, my partner has been experiencing stuffy/irritated nose whenever he wakes up in the morning. He said it's probably due to the mattress getting old and dusty, and recommends origin mattress due to prevention against dust mites and the 120 days of sleep trial or something. Any opinions?