tat time i bring so many thing end up also nv use... hahaaa

- few long sleeve
- shoes and heels
- socks
- ring
- mini fan (if u scare hot)
- loose powder, lip gloss (touch up)
- straw (easier for u to drink)
- stuff u wan to shoot (eg: soft toy, balloon)

taime81

Hi, got a qurey, do anyone use old tea set? My colleague say she give me her wedding tea set. But i'm not sure if it is ok to use.

Btw, anyone now where got sell this cheap? I saw the wedding full bowl set selling @ $80+ in sg.
765087.jpg

765088.jpg

765089.jpg

765090.jpg

Do you think it is better to get 1 full set appx $80-90 or 2 bowl set appx $30 for 2 Set? The tea set 2 cup is it sufficient? Or is it a must need 4 cups?

Am i right that we neet 2 bowl set and 2 tea set one at each home for the ceremony? Do we need the plates and chopstick etc?

jazzy_chimes

hi cutie, actually it depends on where your OD location is, if it's near to your BS, they will bring you back to BS to change, if not, u will have to change in the public toilets.

When I did my OD PS, I didn't use any of those stuff that we brought along cuz there wasn't a need to touch up after applying the ampoule, and cuz the weather wasn't too hot, even the fan was obsolete.

jengcc

charmaine,
tea set is part of ur dowry n its better to either get a new set for urself or ur mum pass down to u..
i used my MIL's old set for tea ceremony at Hb's place n mine was a new set as part of my dowry.

as for the bowls n all u posted.
i got the bowl+spoon and saucer which i used to eat the "sweet soup"
if u getting the oriental teaset then no need anymore else u can get this matching teaset for ur tea ceremony.

u don need 2 sets of teaset n bowl set for both hse.
it more appropriate for the bride side cos all these r part of the bride's dowry.
for mine, only my side got new teaset+ new bowls.
but then again its up to individual
happy.gif

hope it helps..

jengcc

cutiephinphin, for my PS i brought
- WG/ EG heels
- wedding band
- a pair of bears as props (but nv use)
- Hb's shoes (1 black n 1 white)+ socks (also 1 black n 1 white)
- Hb's uniform
- a few shirts
- make up remover
- moisturiser
- 1 set OD outfit
p/s: bring slippers in case u not wearing them to BS

cutiephinphin

but how to change in the public toilets when my FH can't be in to help me with the change?

Also what happens if the public toilets are dirty?

I'm not so worried abt the make up etc as my MUA will be with me. More worried abt how I could change into my gowns.

jengcc

i went sentosa..
usually OD gowns R meant to b dirtied tat why most BS don allow u to wear ur AD WG/ EG out for PS :x
n don worry u can change out urself at least for me i did successfully at sentosa's small dirty toilet.
my PG help to remove all the hair accessories foe me then i remove all the additional accesories n last is ask my hb to release the hook for my gown b4 i change but then again i change from OD gown to bikini lah..
also if u say u have MUA with u i think ur MUA can help u cos mine no MUA follow me thru out but i still manage..
don worry gal!

cutiephinphin

hi jl

thanks but mine isn't OD gown. It's my actual gown that i will be using. And my gowns are all buttons. My MUA is a guy so can't get him to help either in the female toilet. Anyway yep i do know things will work out but just like to be prepared. Thanks...

taime81

Hi Jeng,

Thanx for yr advise.

Sorry a bit blur, dowry means from my mum side or hubby side? Where to get the oriental tea set? How much it cost usually.

I was thinking to get a match tea set for the sweet soup. But i like the first tea set only 2 cup, doesn't seems approriate.

Just check, at hubby side also need 1 tea set and bowl right? Or only drink the sweet soup at bride place. Super confused.

piyo21

Charmaine,

what i know is the tea set is a gift from the bride side to be used in groom place for TC.
If bride mum still left her tea pot set, you can use hers for TC. If not, I think got to bring back the tea pot to the bride place for TC. (This is what I was told by my MIL).
2 cup is definitly not enough cos you need to interchange and wash it b4 serving to the next person.

I got my lamp and tea set from batam city square. I think it cost me abt SGD12. Singapore also selling abt 15-25. I think.

As for the sweet soup, i'm not so sure. By right, the bowl set is also part of the dowry.

myfavchoco

the procedure tat ling ling mention for the tea ceromony is correct... unless u don wan bring over then prepare 1 set each at both side.. for mine i using my mom one for my side... new set at hubby side...

myfavchoco

Congratz to MAK MAK......
*drum rolls* *red carpet*

who is up next....

Eunicelau - 20 Sep 2008 (13 days)
Missyling - 14th Oct 2008 (ROM)
Chimes - 09 Nov 2008 (63 days)
Myfavchoco - 09 Nov 2008 (63 days)
charmayne - 22 Nov 2008 (76 days)
Royal - 05 Dec 2008 (89 days)
LingLing - 07 Dec 2008 (91 days)
Yuan - 08 Dec 2008 (92 days)

Lingsmitten- 28 May 2009
Lorraine - 30 May 2009
Jen_C - 24 Sept 2009
Charmaine - 25 Dec 2009

jengcc

cutiephinphin, ur BS so risky let u bring ur AD gown out ah?
so u cfm will be changing outside to another gown?
cos my BS don allow me to bring out else torn/ dirtied cry no tears :x

MUA also male..
like that u have to consider where u go for PS n think of locations to change...
my fren went to changi broadway n she change in a sarong *if u understand* like last time opera ppl or u chk with ur PG n MUA how the other brides change think they may b better able to advise u
happy.gif

jengcc

charmaine, jia zhuang part is suppose to b ur parents prepare for u..
the other half is like part of GDL which is the groom side give u one..

teaset - is ur mum prepare for u one.
either she pass u her old set or she buy u a brand new set.
then groom side will prep themself one set or my case my MIL use her old set for me.

bowls for my case is part of the jia zhuang my side prep for me so my side all new while hb side all my MIL use her old set + non new bowls...

the place i went to get all the stuff got the set u like n also the oriental set.. i think i got my set for 20+ but different size/ pattern diff price..
or better still if u so unsure abt all these customs rite u can go to the shop n the ppl will tell u EVERYTHING.
but the prepare to spend at least 500..
mine full set cost close to S$350..
includes all the an chuang stuff like lian zi etc etc, then got the sewing kit/ scissors/ slippers/ PJs/ charcoal..
alot of stuff liao.. basically i jus go there tell them my dialect grp. Pay! *faint*

jazzy_chimes

jengcc: cutiephinphin's BS is not one-stop BS like ours ... hers is designer BS which usually MTM gowns and they will take PS with their AD gown outdoors too ... their system work quite differently as they emphasize on the quality of their gowns

royal

think the bowl is use to drink the whatever sweet soup on the AD.. Tang Yuan or something... not neccessary to use new bowl..old bowl also can lah

myfavchoco

Eunicelau - 20 Sep 2008 (4 days)
Missyling - 14th Oct 2008 (ROM)
Chimes - 09 Nov 2008 (54 days)
Myfavchoco - 09 Nov 2008 (54 days)
charmayne - 22 Nov 2008 (67 days)
Royal - 05 Dec 2008 (80 days)
LingLing - 07 Dec 2008 (82 days)
Yuan - 08 Dec 2008 (83 days)

Lingsmitten- 28 May 2009
Lorraine - 30 May 2009
Jen_C - 24 Sept 2009
Charmaine - 25 Dec 2009

mlh

Hey Girls...
i am back...my wedding finally over,
its a smooth & touching events.
Lot of good comments from friends & relatives about the hotel management, food, emcee, deco, time management, my scrapbook album etc, very happy neh!!

Thanks Ranger!!

Cutiephinphin,
i went to Hort Park to change, there is baby changing room allowed me & my hubby change in the room, he is helping me as my MUA never follow us for PS. very clean & spacious, highly recommended if you are going to Hort Park or Alexander Hill for PS.

Chinatown hawker second storey have three shops selling wedding stuffs, i think two shops from the same boss, another shop is another sole proprietor.

I went to JB to buy those wedding stuffs, afterall, almost the same price as Spore, you may wish to get it in Spore.

I am no pantang, so we have cut down lot of thingys, the next day after my wedding, MIL comments that "also good to be simple, easier" *phew* luckily she see the beauty of simplicity.

Ok, enjoy your preparation.

myfavchoco

MLH,

i m jus being helpful ok.. hahahav =P
tell ur hubby, yes i m really veri free.. hahaa
at home nothing to do mah, then calulate lor.. also not more then 5min, spare 5min to help friend.. ok lah... =)

lalalalaa.. *whistle* =PPP

mlh

Ranger...
easy easy...hahahha.
Yes, helping all of us to update the status.
My hubby find it very amazing for you to keep track of the records which he will never manage to do it
happy.gif

myfavchoco

bleahhh.. =PPPP

so few years... if everyone still active in this forum... i update how many days to the arrival of little princess and prince.... =@

royal

Good Morning Ladies!

Phew!!Finally, officially hse is ours! after 5 days of sleeping in new hse, body aching all over, arm problem gotten "badder" again! too much packing n unpacking and results of sleeping in thin mattress.See, royal family must sleep bed one!! haha

Having PS nxt week! scare scare..so fat, poor photographer sure have alot of edit!

MLH - Glad your day went well!! yippie! Finally over right? How abt Malaysia side? when will it be?
hmmm Ranger.thanks for all the updates! after afew years, you probably me updating the motherhood forum lah! or maybe busy chasing your kids up and down the hallways..no time for internet liao! haha

jencc, when is your due?

mlh

Royal,
thanks thanks...tonight going back to my hometown, buffet served tomorrow and the dinner will hold on Sunday....*xiong ah* eat so much....

Ranger,
hahaha...i think your child will as cute as you leh, agree with Royal that i will be busy chasing your childs neh...hee hee...

royal

Ranger,

U cannot let ur kids read books 24/7 lah! no chilhood leh! poor kid! creative learning is the "in thing" now..read too much become book worm how?
i think ah, be like u better, "patrol" here n there! haha..i suddenly hv this vision...3 of us Mommies.. eating at my hse, the kids all running all over the place!! haha

myfavchoco

bookworm good mah... not so noisy...

we 3 mommies eating at ur house... my kid reading and turn around and look at us... pointing... u 3 aunties stop eating... according to th book, eat all these are healthy.. hahah

royal

healthy or unhealthy? haha..then I can see the mommy ranger shout back at her kid! go read ur book n shut up! hahaha

royal

ranger, u forget to add something.. "sshh..dun tell daddy what i eat today!!"

Ling - Neo Garden not bad, can try u can check under the link for wedding banquets.. some forumers recommend many other caterer also...

bbbs

hey
im looking for Jacky Cheung - Your Name, Your Surname for my first march in. Anyone knows where can i get the orchestra concert version? :D