ACKERMAN

foreverhappy

ok, yah i kind of like this feel as well not too soft and not too hard. its pocketed spring. I think this is a good price leh. The other day i was there he never told me i can get it at htis price.

Who did you spoke to? i spoke to jim, he a nice guy.

you can check out on arizona, another formner bought it. I have not personally try it.

if you want to compare price hmm may be diff unless the other shop got carry them maryland not avail outside. as for arizon you can check it out at centrepoint.

foreverhappy

Personally i have not tried on arizona, no comments on that.
Tried alabana, indiana & maryland, I think he 1st 2 kind of soft then maryland its ok not too soft or hard but which one to get still need to discuss with hubby cos he prefer firm one.

chandra_tay

bbb jerome lee why nt u call up best lee to check.and u must try on the mattress urself.for us and platinum plush is okay i also bought ard that price u mentioned .personal preference i can't help u.

underdogs

i spoke to both Be** (at TPY) and Ji* (at Suntec fair). Both are friendly and not pushy though i would think Ji* is technically more sound than Be** (and be**'s phone kept ringing during our conversation). Was pretty impressed he can rattle off the difference between mattresses (coil lenght, width, price b4 after discount etc etc).

bought the Simmons platinum king from Ji* eventually. price now $2699 (just up from last thur!) but he gave an okay discount so was comfortable with the purchase....

so one thing down for my new house! haha

samatha

yes.we asked for a divan as we didn't want a bed frame.

so that is abt all the freebies you've got? hope we were not short-changed. hehe..=P

underdogs

oh yah got a bolster too! but some other brand one cos simmons don't manufacture bolster...

yeah i think good buy for both of us. really like the plush feel of the mattress.

underdogs

nope i haven decided whether I will get a divan or bed frame... still waiting for my ID to finalise the bedroom design.

jerome_lee

Hi there,

We just came back from Kaki Bukit and bought Serta Maryland. The shop name is The Bedshop. Its also from Ackerman.

Bought the king size Maryland at $2500 nett with FOC bedframe + bench, mattress protector, 4 serta pillows and 1 sheep.

Now the thing is that my WTB confused whether the other brand (Serta Louisiana) from Serta Centrepoint is the sane as Serta Maryland. The sales person there, Eugene quoted as $2300 (after bargaining and 5% additional discount) for the king size bed + all the freebies.

Anyone bought Serta Louisiana? Is it the same as Serta Maryland??? If yes, Ackerman then charged us $200 more liao... Think we are going Centrepoint to check..

foreverhappy

HI BBB

Hmm i tot u got a best buy cos that time i check they said $2799 for king size leh incl bedframe
as for the queen size is 2499 incl bedframe

jerome_lee

Hi Apple,

$2799 is the price before discount. All mattress can be further discounted one, about $200-300 cheaper than the listed price.

Btw, we checked liao. Ackerman insist that both mattress are different, Maryland came with a layer of latex. And Louisiana is stopping production soon. Now waiting to resolve the issue with Ackerman.

rainpod

hi, i've posed a similar qn pertaining to serta louisiana to the salesperson in sleep-post at furniture mall and at sleep centre in marina sq. the reply i got from them was that louisiana is similar to elegance except for branding and that elegance provides better support.

wow j+a, u got yrself quite a good package from bedshop. sigh... i'm not that good as a bargainer. i spoke to eugene from serta centrept on 2 diff occasions and i hv to agree that his quoted prices are pretty attractive.

octo79

Hi All,
Have a query..

Anyone bought the Simmons Grendale or Charleston?
What are the prices now?

I saw some June 06 entries saying that they bought the Grendale for less than 3000?!! now Robinson's selling at 3679..is there a price revision since 1 year ago??

thanks in advance for the info!

jerome_lee

Eugene is indeed a very much honest sale-person during our searches for mattress.. too bad we didn't have opportunity to buy from him.

In fact, we very much wanted to cancel our serta maryland from Ackerman, which they of cos refused.

As for bargaining wise, I agar agar know they have a very high profit margin for every mattress they sell. So its our every right to get the best deal. One method u can always use is by telling them your friend bought from them, at $xxx price (not the real price, but the low price u wanna achieve). They usually try to meet that price la. But don't be too greedy and quote them more than $500 lower.

jerome_lee

well, with regards to serta elegance and serta louisiana, in fact both are exactly the same mattress. Except, louisiana is from Serta direct and elegance is sleeppost's house brand.

The only difference is the top layer quilted pillow top. Louisiana one is much softer (c/w star star design). Elegance's one just plain square square. Price wise, its almost the same. But Joel of Serta Marina Square didn't give customer much opportunity to bargain on the price..

rainpod

hi j+a, i did not buy from eugene too. ended up buying from joel. in fact i do not mind buying from eugene but after all the walking and travelling, marina sq was the last stop n my hubby and i prefer the feel of elegance. yes, it's quite diff to get joel to quote a better price but he's willing to do so only after i asked him to match the price quoted from eugene. still, i feel that eugene is easier to talk to and is more accomodating esp in terms of price and additional freebies.

rainpod

hi kelvin, i do not rem the exact prices for grendale and charleston but do check out ackerman @ tp (though i dropped this shop out of my list cos did not receive good service frm the staff and found the staff not being very honest). he suggested getting either grendale or lakeview and pay additional $1000 plus to upgrade to charleston which i rem it was quite an attractive deal.

octo79

Hi rainpod,

you say ackerman's service no good but still ask me to go to them?

i thought Grendale and Charleston pricing quite similar? how come qouted extra 1000?

octo79

Hi Jerome, Rainpod,

Would Charleston and Grendale be of better quaity than elegance or night vision?

Thus explaining the high price?

jerome_lee

Hi Kelvin,

I've limited knowledge on Simmons as I felt those Simmons mattress priced between $2k - $3k are all very hard and firm but not comfy. Thats why I chose Serta for the comfort. If I am buying Simmons, I'll spend $3k above to get a nice good one.

I've tried Night Vision b4. Seems really hard. Good for back care ba. As for Charleston and Grendale, can't comment becos never try..

Hope that helps.

octo79

Hi Jerome,
Thanks so much!
happy.gif
really appreciate it!

jerome_lee

Hello! Just to update our findings so far.. We previously got mentioned about the difference between Serta Maryland and Serta Louisiana.

Was amazed by the 360 degree change in Ackerman's explanation about the difference between the 2 models. Was initally told that the difference is the layer of latex. Then it was the spring. Then they insisted thats its the latex.

Finally, yesterday we were told that the difference is that Maryland's pillow top includes convoluted foam whereas Louisiana's one is normal type. In fact, there were no LATEX on Serta Maryland. And Maryland is similar to Elegance but sold at a higher price.

Doubt the honesty, integrity and professionalism of the shop. They insisted no refund because they didn't mis-represent! In the end, we chose to change it to Serta Louisiana.

This taught us a lesson that we shouldn't blindly trust the salesperson. Make your own researches and trust your own instinct!

rainpod

hi kelvin, most forummers commented tat ackerman's pre-sales service is quite good. tat's y i popped by. maybe i was the 'sway' one? din really get to experience the service and know-how on mattresses as mentioned by them. cos the salesperson kept asking wat's yr budget, y dun u pay deposit first, wat's stopping u from buying now, my offer to u is only for today etc etc. was quite put off even when i replied many times tat i wd like to try more mattresses before deciding. maybe u will hv better experience. o... i din do much research on simmons, so really can't help much. i tried charleston and the feeling was superb.

rainpod

hi j+a, yes, it's near 2280. it's ard 2300. cos the discount is on the mattress. bed frame is still priced at 300. usual freebies but forgot to ask for more pillows haha. just kidding. managed to ask for 2 sheeps though. there was another customer in the shop then. she's even better. commented loudly y joel is onli giving her 1 sheep cos her fren got 2.

ackerman really has a problem. at least u managed to secure yr freebies. when i asked at ackerman, the salesperson din even mentioned abt the freebies except for the bed frame. it's like we all knw the price quoted include freebies like pillows, mattress protector from serta and yet he's keeping quiet. i din wan to ask a second time. really very dishonest salesperson i met compared to the rest.

jerome_lee

Yup, agreed that the discount is on the mattress itself only. usually they will give between 5% to 8%, sometimes up to 10%.

So, for your elegance, usual price is $2499 (inc bedframe). 8% discount is $2299, whereas 10% discount is $2249.

So you agar agar know how much u can bargain. As for the freebies, Serta usually gives at least 2 pillows, 1 mattress protector (non-fitted) and 1 sheep. Usually they might throw in 2 non-serta latex pillow with 2 non-serta pillow.

Btw, the price difference between fitted and non-fitted mattress protector is around $100++. Usually for those lower range mattress (>$3000), they give non-fitted. Heard that all Simmons mattress comes with free fitted mattress protector.

jerome_lee

Fitted mattress protector means that the mattress protector covers the side of the mattress. non-fitted one only protects the mattress top.

Btw, want to make a correction, the price difference not that much, checked from various places, the price difference about $10-20.

elchwong

Do Ackerman sells bedsheets? I've paid a deposit of $200 for a Simmons mattress but it hasn't been delivered...can I opt to use the deposit to buy something else from them instead?

missblue18

ACKERMAN & SMITH

Please beware of this company and i strongly suggest u think twice before buying anything from them

My fiance and I went to the home decor fair at Expo in July where we put a deposit on charleston plush top and with that we were given a free bed frame in a promo package. The salesman said we can take our time to decide whether we want the charleston or glendale so it was written in our invoice that we can change to other models of simmons mattress at the promo package price.The salesman keeps saying that the deposit is to 'lock in' the price as simmons mattress increases in price all the time.

After trying glendale and charleston, we decided to change to glendale. The salesman tried to delay the process by telling us to visit the kaki bukit branch to choose a new model(Alington) but when we insisted on glendale, thats when the salesman tell us no bed frame is included for glendale and we have to top up $800 for the bed frame.

We are settling this matter with CASE (consumer association) seriously i would rather forfeit my deposit than to patronise this company. This salesperson lied to us and tried all ways to avoid our calls. This is definitely the most dishonest retailer i have ever encountered.

sleeplion

Hi Missblue18,

I also bought a platinum simmons mattress from them during the expo fair in July. The saleman also told me that we can change to other models at later stage. But my package does not include the bedframe. How much did you pay for your package? Do you mind telling us the salesman's name?

jule

I have friends who bought from them and it was fine. For myself, I have ordered a mattress which doesn't include a bedframe.

missblue18

salesman is best lee..price i paid is close to 3K coz after checking in market i know price of glendale is more than 3K went to CASE on monday now waiting for Ackerman to reply to CASE
I'm truly disappointed with this company this is certainly not the way to decieve customers.

missblue18

additional information

i believe there are some inhouse models like charleston plush which are exclusive to Ackerman which they would try harder to sell as maybe profit margin is higher as for glendale (heavenly bed) where all dealers and distributors have in stores hence price restriction on these famous models are imposed.

what i'm saying is that best lee should not promise what he cannot deliver in the 1st place now it just seems like the company wants to earn our deposit than to complete the transaction

berries5588

OH dear... i also recently went to the kaki bukit shop there and placed a deposit on a sofa and served by Best Lee. Has anyone brought other than beds from them?

apple_88

berries, dun wori my frd just bought a sofa from them. The delivery was smooth.

missblue u may wan to contact jim n c whether he can help u out. dunno he is still in ackerman anot. bought from him a year ago, quite flexible.

spidyqueen

oh dear, i bght a mattress from them during the fair too. was served by Jim, he seemed nice, threw in 2 mattress protector, 2 pillows and 2 bolsters.

now i'm worried.

missypms

anyone heard abt the max posturecare III mattess?? JUst got today from the nedshop (ackerman)......Did not know the review on them is so bad.....now i m worry....they told me this mattress is similar to those of Simmon and I am paying 3.2k for a q bed.

underdogs

i was served by B*** too but bought my bed with J**.

its funny cos B*** told us he is not doing sales yet he apparently took orders from a few people.

anyway, we will be getting our mattress and bed delivered end this month, so hopefully it wont be a disappointing experience...

berries5588

Hi Ashtray,

U're served by him at kaki bukit there?
The other time when i went there, he also said the same thing. Yet to finalize my delivery as my hse just starting to reno. Hope everything smooth for u ya,...

underdogs

i actually met B*** at their Toa Payoh outlet, but bought my bed from J** at a suntec exhibition...

they will be delivering my bed on 29 sep. i will update everyone if something screws up... good luck to me!

underdogs

hmmm they called to say the shipment is delayed so getting my bed in mid oct... luckily i dont need the bed urgently!

novice055

Hi all, I have a S$120 voucher from Ackerman & Smith, willing to let go at S$50. (need to make
minimum purchase of a Queen Sized Mattress).
If interested, please drop me an email at [email protected], and we can discuss further. thks