$20k for Jurong West Executive possible?

naivesg

Hey Cynthia, me and hubby went Boon Lay Shopping Centre on Sunday, at abt 1-3pm....dinno u having ur engagement that day. =)

COngrads.

nai_cha

Hi Andro,

My new house also at Jurong West.
Huh! So nice now we are stay in our love nest..ha..

Realised that its important to engaged good designer, mainly co-ordination for the reno project. My designer has did a good job & give us full supports & advises during the renovation period. so that my husband and I can focus on the others stuffs.

No harm to find out more from few designer company, can try
GREEN BUTTON, [email protected]

fitty

To Residents of Block 656,

Need your help please....
Has anyone subscribe to starhub cable/online?

I understand that our block has no starhub connection thus requiring a technician to help install the appropiate connection.

My question is- Does this installation require laying of wire from TV box (outside the flat) to the TV point (inside the flat)? Or they just need to complete the installation with the TV box?

If it is the former, I would be very upset... cos my renovation is completed and to lay wire on top of my new reno would definitely be an eyesore.

Please kindly advise.

delusion

hi CK, where did you get the info that 656 has no starhub connection? jus the other day i called HDB to complain abt the tv reception, they mention can ask starhub to come to 'switch' to using starhub lines for better reception(outside the flat). unless hdb bluff me..

fitty

I went down to starhub over the weekend to ask for cable tv/broadband plan and they asked me for my postal code... then they told me that the area is not 'starhub ready'. They would need to send a technician down to look at the situation and in the worse case scenario, they may need to connect wire from the TV box( outside the flat) to the TV point (inside the flat)... faintz

olengjuz

I dun think it's the former, CK. THough Im staying near Pioneer Mall I reckon our flat structure design are pretty much the same. The starhub technician just went "outside" to do something to the TV box and we could watch the Cable TV already. All done within 30mins (cos he's doing the setting up of Maxonline and digital voice too).

swatdila

hi, i find that the starhub helpdesk sometimes gvs misleading info or worst is the wrong info. One time i checked, they say as long as u can get the starhub test pattern, then its cable ready, another time i called they say the area is not ready.. actually all the homes built after a certain period are all cable ready. but it is true, HDB may only connect to their antenna, so u may need to get starhub to come and connect the cables to their starhub line (i thk). for me, some of my rooms can receive the test pattern, while some cannot.. so i asked HDB, hdb said ask starhub.. i called starhub, starhub said not cable ready (then how come i can receive the test pattern???).. so in the end i just called my contractor and she sent her electrician to do the connection at the riser.. then all my points can receive starhub signal already... the reason i dun believe when they said that the place is not cable ready is bcos i am already plugging in a set top box and enjoying cabletv (using the box form my old home) in one of my rooms, but the other rooms + living room is not able to receive the signal...

monkie

can i chekc with you..wat plan you get from starhub?

i am looking at starhub SCV plus intenert brodaband..any such plans avilable? how much is it?

fitty

Thank you Sk and swatdila for the prompt responses. The technician from starhub will be coming down this saturday... pray hard.

Cynthia, I will be getting the premium plan for the cable which cost 65.06/mth with free desktop/ notebook (top up $299). check out this website for further details.
https://secure.starhub.com/shop/jfn?entry=PROMODETAIL&promotionId=68878

As for the SCV, they are giving free 20inch samsung LCD TV monitor for new sign-up...
https://secure.starhub.com/shop/jfn?cfunc=184&mfunc=29&octx=4c.a8.4c&jfnRC=2&currentPDTLine=CABLE_TV&promotionId=70202

swatdila

last mth was 21" slim tv (2 yr contract, min subcsription abt $34 per mth). This mth, they giving away 20" lcd tv (2yr contract, abt $44 min subscription per mth). so currently hv both these offers, u can choose either one. the min subscription does not include the rental of the set top box, etc...

fitty

Dear all,

usually starhub gives very good promo during year end and so dun miss these good deals if you are thinking of signing up or renewing your contract.

Cheers

hi hi,

long time no post liao... finally my flat jus started reno...

wondering if anyone made curtains for the full ht window?

Anyone here knows the rough cost to have all bedroom windows to be installed with timber blinds, Balcony window - roman blinds, full ht window - 2 layer type of curtain?

annesepnew

Hi tannabee,

I did mine all curtains (full height - 2 layers) and balcony window and study room area with roman blind. Did nothing for balcony door... it all costed abt 2.5k. i find it expensive.

annesepnew

yes, full height for all the room except for study room which is a roman blind... i think my material also a bit expensive type as that time is new arrival...

starmed

hey anyone of u guys got alot of cracks on your walls? mine is so bad that the plaster is coming off!! Very fed up cos it's a recurrent prob...wan to ignore also can't cos the cracks just become worse!!

monkie

plaster coming off? mine is paint start peeling in mircons..haiz..dunno will my wall fall off?

also, the window handle also got broken. at least 3 have broke so far!

starmed

cynthia
ya..mine initially just fine cracks...then over time, become bigger and now, the plaster coming off.
sad.gif
So sianz... HDB rectified liao still like that.

It's a recurrent problem so it's old porblem but the stupid HDB staff came n say it's a new problem. duh?? and best she still say only plaster came off so it's ok..structure wise it's still safe. wah!! I feel like telling her if this kind of thing happen to her house, she better dun complain n live wif it! So pissed wif her attitude. Gosh!
window handle...dun know how many I've changed liao.. lost count.

monkie

i dun wan to see the wall liao, sianz

those handles, i am thinking to buy in bulk and change for the whole house. so troublesome that i need to get my FIL down to fix those handles.

really..lousy quality leh. last time those old HDB flats, handles can last like 20 years..now..only 5 years. GOSH!

swatdila

i am having cracks on my walls too.. my previous hse no such problem. this one i plaster already, then crack again... haiz...

now i got another prob. there is a blardy strong urine smell coming from the pipe in my balcony. i dunno it come from where. everyday i come home, my whole hse smell like a public toilet.... anyone got this problem?

monkie

could it be people upstair got dogs that pee in their balcony and the smell travel down?

we change all window handles ...

swatdila

i hv no idea. but if i pour water down the pipe, the smell goes away.. so it could rule out the smell coming from upstairs. its really bad, i hang my clothes there to dry, when i come back at nite, my clothes smells of urine...

swatdila

its the smell of urine.... when i pour water down, it dissapears.. if i dun do anything, it will come and go, i.e. at certain time of the day, the smell will be very strong, later it goes away, then a few hrs later, it comes back...

u know the kind of smell u get when u visit those coffee shop or bus interchange toilets way back in the 80s.. ah thats what i am getting in my balcony now..

fallingflakes

wah that bad are swatdila wad floor u stay? can complain?

by the way u all knw the park they built opp the interchange right? there is another building leh, nw in progress. any idea wad is it?

lavendar_lover

swatdila
ha!! I'm having the same exact problem as u! urine smell coming from the balcony drain... I'm staying the top floor so it's either dun know which units below have their dogs pee in the balcony or someone is peeing in the balcony. I sort of remove the balcony to become part of the living room...the smell is so bad that my whole house smell of urine!! Somemore still got my 8mth plus boy at home...so decided to buy some padding and place it over the cover and put a heavy lamp over it. Now, the smell doesn't come into the unit anymore.

the cracks wise... so frustrating. Hubby went to see MP about it n the stupid HDB no reply..planning to get a petition or write direct to the CEO or something. So piss wif them! My parent's flat also ard here but not so much problem!
sad.gif

ooooo

my walls oso have some recurring cracks after hdb did some rectifications on the cracks b4 we painted the whole unit

Lavendar & Swatilda,

are yours very bad???

swatdila

hi lavender_lover, you also hv this problem har? bad right the smell? my wife also complaining like want to puke... somehow it seems this problem like started only recently hor.. for you ok la, can cover the hole, for me, i considered that but sometime if want to wash the balcony, then a bit troublesome.

So i seriously dunno what is causing the smell.. there dun seem to hv any units under reno below, so dun thk contractors urinating at the balcony. As for dogs, i notice that when i pour water down the pipe, there will be a dog barking quite far below.. so far i only see that there is a dog roaming in the balcony in a unit in one of the lower floors.. strange is that even if tat dog pee-ed in the balcony, the smell can go up so high and so strong meh... my other suspect is that those contractors currently painting the block is urinating into the pipe from the rooftop, but then again, they are not there everyday...

mine not so bad yet, just hairline cracks, but the walls are cracking la.. my prev hse in the same lot, dun hv such prob leh..

lavendar_lover

tannabee
ha..my cracks in the wall is not so bad at first..then over time, the cracks gets thicker n thicker n then eventually plaster start to fall off... last year i was preggie that's y i didn't ask the hdb to rectify due to some elders dun like work to be done at a pregnant lady's place. waited till this year then call them up n teh stupid lady who came still got the cheek to say it's ok..structural is safe. Only plaster so it's ok n normal... wah..felt like slapping her. shoudl have ask her if she's willing to stay in such a place... so pissed wif her attitude! HDB somemore what ISO lah...quality class...duh!??? this kind of attitude can get ?? kelong one...

just went to see MP the 3rd time..if this time nothing is done... we plan to go to the HDB's ex CEO... also minister. really got attitude one. the branch suck big time!

swatdilla
which blk u staying? isit 656A? me too!! think i'm your top most neighbour! can't be the painters cos the end of teh pipe is at my balcony. it doesn't go all teh way up to the roof like those in kitchen n toilets.
happy.gif

ya..me also pour bleach, water spray disinfectant... all can't remove the smell. yup..it's very horrid smelling. now ok liao cos i placed this board over the cover n a heavy floor lamp over it. haha...

the cracks in your house u better watch it.. cos mine also start as fine lines..then slowly upgrade to thick ones n then plaster falling out. Even the air con men who came to service my air con also commented that's very bad state.

the hdb rectification work NO USE one..cos I've been asking them to come over to rectify the SAME thing ever since I shifted in 2005! keep recurring.