2019 BTB

melongyt

Hi! I am planning to get married on 6 July 2019! Havent done anything yet though!

Except, got my white bridal gown cos wanna bring overseas for photoshoot.
And planned for overseas pre-wedding shoot! The rest all not done. Hahaha!! Long way to get everything done!!

coldjade

Hi! I am planning to get married on 6 July 2019! Havent done anything yet though!

And planned for overseas pre-wedding shoot! The rest all not done. Hahaha!! Long way to get everything done!!

Welcome~ I'm a June 2019 BTB. :)

As long as you have an idea what you want, think can get things done quite fast dont worry. Jiayou!

snowingapple

Where are you going for your prewed? You bought the gown?

eang18

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I m Nov 2019. Just paid my deposit for wedding venue at Bows yesterday.

I m going for PWS in europe, looking to engage local photographer there but would like to rent gown in Singapore. Can anyone recommend me afforadable places just for gown rental fpr oversea trip? Only manage to talk to whitelink at Bows.

Last April, We booked my Wife’s gowns from Rico a Mona and took them to interlaken and Venice for our Prewed :) they were very helpful and even help us packed them into the luggage . Oh yes, do remember to get a handheld travel steam iron ... gonna be very useful for the gowns :) most Airbnb and hotels does not have steamer to straighten your gowns and suits

eang18

Thank you coldjade & mschong for the recommendation! Seems like the gown warehouse is highly recommended. Will definitely go and take a look!

Anyone here engaging local photographer at the locations itself instead of going on a package from singapore for overseas prewed?

Our PG was from SG - John Lim Photography I think engaging here is easier as rapport and chemistry with your PG makes the whole Photography experience easier and fun :)

Not to mention you still have to engage photo/ canvas printing and editing separately too, those are also costs :)

melongyt

Where are you going for your prewed? You bought the gown?

I am heading to Europe! Thinking of either Paris, Switzerland! I will only choose 1, too ex and also dont wanna waste too much of my holiday taking pre-wedding shoot. In fact I was just thinking whether want to lug the gown all the way throughout Europe or not also. Thinking of doing pre-wedding shoot in SG.

For those considering pre-wedding shoot overseas, I have considered the price. It is cheaper to engage a photographer there and then print the photos/album here in SG. I find it way tooo expensive to pay for a SG photographer to fly over. We'll have to pay for their flight, accommodation and some of them even include in meals and expenses! I much rather bring my parents/family members instead. So engage a local photographer and make-up artist would be better!

And yes! I already bought my own bridal gown and then did alternations on it. It is much cheaper and I am also free to use it whenever I want like shoots, wedding etc! I paid about $600 for the gown. Off-shoulder, sweetheart neckline, A-line ball gown. I calculated, even if I were to buy 2 gown, plus flowers, make-up artist plus PG, still cheaper than packages, unless you are comparing JB package.

melongyt

Last April, We booked my Wife’s gowns from Rico a Mona and took them to interlaken and Venice for our Prewed :) they were very helpful and even help us packed them into the luggage . Oh yes, do remember to get a handheld travel steam iron ... gonna be very useful for the gowns :) most Airbnb and hotels does not have steamer to straighten your gowns and suits

handheld travel steam iron! Good tip there! Any suggestion on which brand/model to buy? Also, where did you take in Interlaken? Heading there in dec but have not decided which part to take yet.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Hazywen

Hi! I'm btb in June. :)
I'm thinking of doing a-la -carte for PWS and AD gown because I'm thinking of doing my PWS in normal clothes instead of bridal gowns.

However from all these convo it seems that bridal package are much more cost-saving. Wondering if any one has any idea if bridal studio gives discount if I engage their package but do not need to rent their gown for the PWS?

Or has anyone just rent gown for AD only. What's the cost range like?

kismetz

haha same here! only planned for korea PWS! and planned on AD venue, but have yet to consult our fengshui master for dates. everything not done yet too!

akemi0sihui

My is 7th! I’ve just done my PWS last Sep at Santorini, AD gown, venue, JP, photographer, event stylist confirmed... I’m kiasu...

coldjade

Hi! I'm btb in June. :)
I'm thinking of doing a-la -carte for PWS and AD gown because I'm thinking of doing my PWS in normal clothes instead of bridal gowns.

However from all these convo it seems that bridal package are much more cost-saving. Wondering if any one has any idea if bridal studio gives discount if I engage their package but do not need to rent their gown for the PWS?

Or has anyone just rent gown for AD only. What's the cost range like?

You can check out The Gown Warehouse for full yet cheap packages (mine is with them) or The Gown Connoisseur if you just need gown.

My package includes PWS (with gowns + suits + makeup), AD gowns + suits, AD MUA, AD photographer, AD florist, AD bridal car blah blah, really is Bao Kah Liao, for around 6.5k,

The Gown Connoisseur has price list on their website. You can check it out!

TinyDoll

Hi all, how many months before the AD wedding would you advise the pws to be scheduled? I’m looking to plan an overseas pws.

Loveinstills

Loveinstills Photography
Hi all, how many months before the AD wedding would you advise the pws to be scheduled? I’m looking to plan an overseas pws.

Best is to have it done 6 months in advance in view of the peak wedding season, hence editing and printing of album may be delayed if there is insufficient time.

Oink1234

Hi! Im a new Nov BTB. Is there a group chat i can join too?

I signed immediately with Arlene Wedding at ******** last month without even getting to compare with other boutiques. Felt very uneasy afterwards as they are new and not much reviews. Am super worried now that i dont see anyone talking about them here too :(

Seems like quite a few package I've seen for TW prewed offers complimentary hotel stay? Issit common?

Hi! Im a new Nov BTB. Is there a group chat i can join too?

I signed immediately with Arlene Wedding at ******** last month without even getting to compare with other boutiques. Felt very uneasy afterwards as they are new and not much reviews. Am super worried now that i dont see anyone talking about them here too :(

Seems like quite a few package I've seen for TW prewed offers complimentary hotel stay? Issit common?

PM sent!

elfgal

Hi I am Dec BTB and am looking around for venues. Doing a lunch. Anyone has review of Marriott Tangs plaza Hotel or MBS ? They having showcase soon.

JennCWang

hiyee all,

I am a 2019 June BTB here.

Just started on my ROM Ceremony planning and gosh there is so much that i need to do!

Is there a group chat for 2019 BTB, can i join in too?

ViviDancer

Hi guys! I'm a March 2019 HTB here.

Just booked the venue and planning like o.o, like planning for war like that.

By the way, anyone got suggestions for bridal gown? We're actually considering JB, not sure whether it's a good idea or not..

Also, just curious, any of you BTB doing first dances for your wedding?

For us, we went for some private wedding dance classes, quite fun eh :)

starrie58

Its never too late! Our date for our wedding next year is 15th Dec 2019. My dream location has already been booked! So now we can only look for alternatives.. Our prewedding and AD packaged was already booked two days ago!

coldjade

By the way, anyone got suggestions for bridal gown? We're actually considering JB, not sure whether it's a good idea or not..

I signed a package with The Gown Warehouse. Cheap and bao kah liao. Btw they also give a free first dance class. Haha.

starrie58

I just booked my bridal package with Castalia wedding in JB! Very nice and friendly staffs inside. Know what they are doing and gives very good suggestions. Price is very good too! Pm me if you would like to know more about the package!