(2008) Brides of year 2008

jo_vin

Hi pinky81, are u juan juan siau? Accepted ur invite le! Thanks for adding! Btw, ur profile same like mine few days ago. Blank blank one. Haha.. Go add ur photos leh! We want to see!! LOL!!

Ya, girls, keep posting pics! Can't get enuf too!

Oh btw, i'm still doing up my account. So will see more and more pics coming up. Just added some photos in the blog during gown fitting. Will add some more in the photos section later. One by one. Alrdy very bz liao.. Haha.. So Jane, now can see my face liao hor.. Dun say i mysterious liao huh..
happy.gif

Msbean,
It's good leh, shows that your EG is unique!
happy.gif

My EG is dull grey. I'm wondering if the color tone of EG makes my yellowish skin look even more dull? Me bopian have to take OTR after my MTM EG turned out to look like 7th month getai costume LOL! My BS never let me choose the material before they made the EG.

pinkcupcake

wow, jo_vin! you get to choose so many gowns for your pre-wedding shoot! really envy you!
happy.gif
thanks for your kind comments too!
happy.gif
some might find mine too 'kua zhang', ha ha! :p what's your gown like?? don't think you have posted it yet right? So your PS is coming?? must be excited, right? hehe! all the best for your preps and i'm sure your album will turn out beautiful too! you're having animation too, right? do post them up soon! :p

flora_bliss

Gals> FH and I oso split the bills. We discussed the money issue before and both of us are more comfortable with the 50-50 arrangement. But those small small items, we sometimes will juz close 1 eye. But there are things he insisted in paying like the Pin Jin, proposal ring. And luckily a few yrs ago I sort of forced him to save, if not it'll be very jiat lat for him now. He's quite a spendthrift and every now and then I got to curb his saving. (I'm more of the thrifty kind).

I'm not feeling stressed becoz he is not around in Oct & Nov. I'm worried becoz both of us will not be around during this period. So who's gonna settle the invitation card and theme selection, PS photo selection etc... I scared not enough time. All these are last min changes loh, disrupted our schedule and plans.

LSnTYL> Don't stress 1st, I'm sure something can be work out. Is the transport really necessary? Chk out the forum, I'm sure you can get some recommendations for MUA.

lynnqi

Thanks ladies for adding me in multiply.
happy.gif

Happy to see all the pretty brides.

I dont have much to share now except for a glimpse of my EG. Hub prefer a fitting EG, that limits the choices, thus settled for a purple cheongsam with lace gown. Sis managed to secretly take pic. Hehe

lilacbliss07

jo_vin.. keke no la i got it few mths back le.. just dat din noe how to upload to multiply.. so i just upload to photobucket lor.. hehe... okok so now see ur face le.. haha...

so many pple got mutiply.. i also add until i blur.. sorry din got time to see all ur pics yet.. keke will try to do so during this weekend.. =D

Mei ur name is Meiling??

vernwyen

green:
yea... true. Leaving a piece of work hanging is more stressed so is better to clear it fast
happy.gif

ooh, the one on my nose is gone, hopefully it doesnt come back till after my AD :p
My EG is purple
happy.gif

viv:
so fast color your hair oredi ah? can the red last till your AD?

happinessbliss

Spoiltbabe &amp; Ah Net < **Hi 5**
My WG also ivory... i actually insist wanted pure white wan, cos my ROM dress is already off white and near to ivory... but the pure white gown makes me look very "sickly" lei.... haiz...

My EG is bluish purple...kekeke

lilacbliss07

oh ya went to order my invitation cards today.. keke.. so will be getting the artwork by next week.. after confirmation of artwork.. need another 10 days den can collect... =D

vernwyen

green:
we dun really have a color theme for car deco, juz select wat the BS can provide... keke... Everytime i told my fellow BS brides our money very easy to earn
happy.gif

jo_vin

Hi Mei, actually most of my things are done alrdy. My PS all taken alrdy. Just that because i just set up my Multiply account, so i'm thinking back and back tracking. So posting whatever i can think of, whatever i have done alrdy only now. Erm... nvr read my intro about me.. Haha.. Ya, have not posted my AD gown yet. Cos mine is MTM, havent go until that part yet. Must slowly post. Still got lots to post before that part comes in. Haha.. Blame me for starting the account so late.
Yes, I have an animation too! But don't think it'll be ready so soon. By the time its ready, should be Nov liao. But i will post it up! By then, will nid u gals' comments!

Jane, so u went to print alrdy? Whr u gg for printing for ur cards? One more thing off ur mind. Shiok!

pinky81

jo_vin (jo_vin): Yup! That is me! I have just figured out how to upload the pictures into the webby and have put up only 3 pictures.

mei (pinkcupcake): Can you add me as well? my id is sonice. Thanks!

To all: Hmmm.. I am not doing animation. Only montage of my photo montage and videos only. Any idea of any person who can edit all the soft copies photos (close to 1k pictures) nicely so that I can show them as slideshow before dinner starts? Thanks

pinkcupcake

hey, jo_vin! pai seh! infomation overload from reading too many multiply sites at one go! ha ha! what to do? too eager to check out everyone's site! :p ya, after posting that, i went back to your site and re-read then found out my boo-boo. heheh! pai seh! :p

hey pinky81! i have invited you already! my ID is soliloquy7. Please add me!
happy.gif
not very sure who can edit soft copies at that price...me interested to find out too!

ooohh...got to sleep liao! less than 5 hours before i have to wake up! :p

lilacbliss07

Mei... den wat's ur nick in multiply?? sorry abit confused.. haha...

jo_vin.. yeah man went to print le.. my hotel provides me with the cards including printing.. they appointed Tdragon.. so went to them lor...

gals.. any idea how many cards to print if i got abt 300 guests.. also how many guests should i confirm with the hotel.. coz i scared got last min MIAs... which happened during my ROM.. and i paid extra for nothing...

pinkcupcake

one more post before i sleep. heh heh.
happy.gif

thank you, chimes, for your kind comments...
happy.gif
i love your gowns too! and i can see why those pictures you posted up are your favourites! Love the mood and feel of those pictures - very natural, romantic and can just feel the sweetness between you and your husband!
happy.gif

praisey

nehoc: how's penalty like? i met at the 1st wedding show i went in 07 amara. Joho more expensive supposely, manage to get 07 rate. Just lucky.

lilacbliss07

wow mei u so pretty and slim!! so envious... haiz i so sad le.. i tin my photos not so nice lehz.. haiz...

btw i tin someone shud do a list of our multiplys id as well.. hahaha... im so confused!!

jo_vin

Hi pinky81, saw ur 3 photos. Haha.. Faster go upload more!
happy.gif

Mei, its ok.. Haha.. Ok, gd nite to u! I still have loads to do!

Jane, I'm with T.Dragon too! For me, i have about 360 guests. I print 300 cards. Just a rough guage for u ba.. Actually for exact number of guests, no need to confirm so quickly rite? Think mine allows me to confirm with them near to the AD. I think they will understand la. Whr got ppl confirm so fast.

lilacbliss07

jo_vin.. icic.. but if later part den confirm more guests.. den the cards how?? not enuff le... coz i confirmed with them 25 tables and print 200 cards...

keke so good we got same printing co.. so u go choose already?? urs got include printing??

jo_vin

Ok, here goes for the link between Multiply ID and Nov brides nick. I'll post whatever i can rem. Gals, pls copy and add in yours if i left out.

Nov Bride's nick - Multiply ID

jo_vin - marigold81
Jane Lim - lilacbliss07
bubu - le4ever
Mei - soliloguy7
pinky81 - sonice (Juan Juan Siau)

jo_vin

Actually i also don't know if not enough cards how.. Haha.. But i think should be enough ba.. Cos some of them are couples, so only need to send 1.

Mine is alrdy in the process of printing lo. Nope, hotel nvr include printing. Printing is at own cost. They only provide cards lor..

*Going to cook nuggets for my deardear now. BRB to chat!*

happinessbliss

I actually love those pure white gowns, but then i guess they are more suitable for fairer skin...

My car deco also, we just choose whatever the BS give us lor. My BS lady say we very funny, everythng also "chin chai"... hahaha... no la, to me, I leave it to the pro better la...close one eye better, if not very stress...

lilacbliss07

wow jo_vin u got good memory ar.. keke... thanks for the effort...

haha ya hor.. and family can all give 1 card too.. keke... i tin shud be ok le.. den u print inserts or hot stamping?? which design u choose?? post in multiply too le.. hahaha..

ok gals im going to slp too le.. so sleepy.. nitez nitez... =D

rayrachel

jrgal>wah..dun be depressed la.. nothing can be worse than me la..
happy.gif
cheer up k??
hey gal... if u need someone to talk to... just call us... or vent here okay??

Mmmm. its good to cry sometimes.. vent out ur frustrations.. but dun be dismayed k??

we are all here for you to share.. do come in to share more often..and u'll realised its not that bad la...

I also come here.. talk talk talk liaoz then i feel much better..and life moves on...
happy.gif

You still have a big day to look forward to.. even if u resign.. am sure u can get another job? it wont be totally empty la...
Both me and HB have $0 savings loh.. and we are still.....surviving... hehehe... so.. it'll turn out well.. dun think too much k??

Ah Net> MMMm... i dunno leh... hope for people to give bigger AP loh..
happy.gif

If really really big loss. think my parents will return or give us some of their collections ba..but i hope not la...
at least they should keep soemthing.. for raising me up... i do hope i dun have to take from them if possible...

wah... u have fann's symptoms ah... hehhee.. dun be too stressed la.. she got more stress to think of.. we chicken feet only.. hahah....

ooh.. okay... now u have both loh..
happy.gif

huh? morning also need MUA?? no need la.. morning most mums are like ah soh only.. waste money leh....
who see?? hahaha....

its in the fine dining column loh.. at the SB forum main page.. haha.. u can list according to capacity or pricing de.. haha. u dunno??
hehehe.. only come in forum rite?? this site got more than forum leh.. hehehe.. :p

dor> yah loh...tmr i still contemplating to go office or not... else i should be home... make sure i'm fully okay... haha..
Still breathless le... my BIL says I'm sick due to pre marital stress.. hahaha...

Mmmmmmmmmmm..... yah.. maybe... suddenly i rem my parents should be able to give us some AP to dong.. but i really hope not la.. sigh....

spoiltbabe> yeah... 16 more days... hahaa... cant believe i'll fall sicj at this time... 2 weeks no touch bird nest liaoz...can feel my face rougher..
and pimples pop out all over man.. even HB ask why another pimple.. sigh.....

viv> wah.. i was thinkin to highlight my hair or not.. but decided not to spend that money.. so just leave with my dry wisp hair.... will chop off after AD.. so dun waste the $$ highlighting it. hehee...

Stefine> heheh... had our 1st preview of our animation.. very nice.. hahaha... better than expectation la.. it send both HB and me laughing over it..so its really nice and cartoony.. hehe. happy.. at least something done.. but we didnt pay anything today.. phew!!

jo_vin

Hehe.. I printed on the card itself. Yeah.. I will upload them later. Cos cards are printing and havent got them yet. Will post up the finished pdt. Meanwhile, i will continue to post all those that have been done.

Good nite to u! Guess I'm the last one standing. Haha..

Rach,
I think you better rest at home if you are still feeling unwell. You are a filial daughter leh, always trying to filfull your parents wishes as much as possible.

Take care.

crayonv

ALL ladies
<font color="ff0000">viva only did an overall hair coloring to cover the black areas (outgrow since CNY period...), no hi-lights as wanna have a clean, neat look...See pix...heres the pic of my hair color as per nw...i only have abt 3weeks to go...my off days are limited and reserved to do Other stuff, have bought shampoo n conditioner meant for redheads...haaa...Hopefully can last thru til AD 090908...then USA!! i dun really wana spent $$ on hair, etc de, but suddenly have the Urge to do it, JUZ DO IT! then after my hubby felt i kana 'tock', haaa...but the handsome hairstylists, nvm la..hooo..felt like an old spinster drooling w young men...LOL</font>
739400.jpg

REDHEAD vivian as per 14/08/08

spoiltbabe (vernwyen)
<font color="0000ff">i also wonder n worries abt tt, but i guess have to depends on my hair condition n pdts tt i use liao...Hopefully can lasts Until 090908...heeee....</font>

green (green_tranquility)
<font color="aa00aa">ya...i usually prefer Browns, copper tones..but i tried those kinda striking reds on CNY...went to Work like "ah lian" officer sial....but lucky my boss din say much, jz added comment tt wah, CNY need REDs to "wang", lol. so i choose this more subtle red lo...else i wanna have pink, purple, blue streaks lo!! i used to have those ash colors de lo...as in poly times, like hamsters' hair...LOL...Reds will eventually fades to Browns, haaa...ya, mine was lidat lo...the strong red juz GONE....see pix...tt was for CNY, red base w red hi-lights...hohoohoo</font>

739401.jpg

<font color="ff0000">redhead viva as per 19/01/2008</font>

crayonv

<font color="119911">green</font>
<font color="0000ff">haaa.....ya lor...my boss very humble n friendly de, quite fortunate to have her as Our Bossy. =)
this time the red chosen is More subtle,shld b OK lo...although i really wanna add more purple, blues...haaaa..i gg siao liao...</font>

<font color="ff0000">all i desire n hope is, all plans carried as per pre-plan..smoothly carried out...SHUN SHUN LI LI TIO HO!</font>

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

crayonv

<font color="ff0000">Found this Song really nice sial....wanna share the link to see the MV and listen to it....Dun mind ah...relax relax....</font> - <font color="0000ff">infact i m gg gaga liao....gila sial</font>

LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUCGwiuV1x8&amp;NR=1
(can be v soft...u might wanan click on this to hav a louder one...)
Louder : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSuo4cv-9Ms&amp;feature=related

<font color="119911">the beautiful Lyrics....i fell in love with the tune, vocals, lyrics ...ALL of this song...maybe shall get my man to sing this as entertainment on AD sial... HAA</font>

Shayne Ward - Breathless

<font color="119911">If our love was a fairy tale
I would charge in and rescue you
On a yacht baby we would sail
To an island where we’d say I do </font>

And if we had babies they would look like you
It’d be so beautiful if that came true
You don’t even know how very special you are

Chorus

You leave me breathless
You’re everything good in my life
You leave me breathless
I still can’t believe that you’re mine
You just walked out of one of my dreams
So beautiful you’re leaving me
Breathless

And if our love was a story book
We would meet on the very first page
The last chapter would be about
How I’m thankful for the life we’ve made

<font color="0000ff">And if we had babies they would have your eyes
I would fall deeper watching you give life
You don’t even know how very special you are </font>

You leave me breathless
You leave me breathless

<font color="ff6000">You must have been sent from heaven to earth to change me
You’re like an angel
The thing that I feel is stronger than love believe me
You’re something special
I only hope that I’ll one day deserve what you’ve given me
But all I can do is try
Every day of my life </font>

You leave me breathless
You leave me breathless
Breathless

<font color="ff0000">You leave me breathless
You leave me breathless
Breathless</font>

Yeah Breathless has very romantic lyrics! I like Shayne Ward's No Promises. I bet you'll melt when your FH sang it for you at banquet ^^

Haha my bf cannot sing one, the keys sang by him were out of pitch :p Later the guests throw eggs &amp; bottles at him lor.

I like Emilia's Big Big World but its lyrics are not suitable for wedding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUKq7DLo6Ko

Straitstime article

$100 wedding gift no longer enough

BY: VICTORIA BARKER

VENUE is the most important factor in deciding an appropriate amount to give in a red packet when attending a wedding dinner.

Three wedding planners my paper spoke to agreed that where the wedding dinner is held plays a big part, as does the relationship the giver has with the bridal couple. And guests should take into account the rising costs when deciding how much to give.

Mr Jonathan Goh, executive wedding consultant at Wedding Acts, said he gets enquiries from wedding guests about what constitutes an "appropriate" red-packet amount.

"There are some guests who check beforehand. So we advise them on the basic going rate of about $100," he said.

But with hotel-banquet prices rising, even $100 is sometimes not enough to pay for even the wedding dinner itself, said a recent media report. A check by my paper found that many hotel packages go for more than $1,000 per table, after taking into consideration taxes and other add-ons such as wine.

Still, not all guests have increased their hongbao amount. Mr Elf Seah, 29, has been to six weddings this year and has not increased his usual rate of between $80 and $100 per celebration.

"If the wedding is held now, chances are that they booked the venue pre-inflation and would have paid pre-inflation
prices," the post-graduate student reasoned.

For pharmacist See Chor Kian, 29, who got married in March at the Orchard Parade Hotel, his banquet for 290 people set him and his wife back by about $25,000.

Mr See declined to reveal how much he had received in total, but said the average amount in each red packet was about $90.

"Venue, your relationship with the person, how much they gave you when they attended your wedding and their monthly income play a part," he said.

For Rasa Sentosa Resort's assistant director of events management, Mr Perry Tan, who is getting married himself this year, red packets from guests are just a bonus.

He said: "Personally, I'd rather have a guest who turns up with his heartfelt wishes without a red packet than a guest
who doesn't turn up but sends a red packet as a means of congratulation."

charma97

Woww.. This thread is getting very active especially in the night.

Kristine, I just send u a PM.

I also got my wedding cards but not the insert. My hubby will be doing it.

By the way, normally how long do you wait for the layout of your pre wedding photos after the selection? Pretty excited to look forward.

After seeing most of your pre wedding photos, I find mine very plain and common.

charma97

Nov Bride's nick - Multiply ID

jo_vin - marigold81
Jane Lim - lilacbliss07
bubu - le4ever
Mei - soliloguy7
pinky81 - sonice (Juan Juan Siau)
charma97 - doggieparadise

Added mine. Heehee

pinky81

jo_vin (jo_vin): WIll upload somemore when I have time. TOo many pictures le! lol.

Thanks for compiling the Multiply IDs. Very Helpful.

Jane: Did you print inserts from Tdragon? HOw much is it?

~sblbee~

mary poppins,
same here, although i've been wking for many yrs but havent been saving much cos i spent more than 1/2 of my pay on shopping every mth....den i like going to makan n pamper myself wif hotel stays once in a while....esp for d wedding, i've alrdy spent $11+K out of my own pocket even b4 my AD :p it's not any better when my fh oso adores similar lifestyle as me....
wah, euro dropped? omg, dat's gd news....do let me knwo if it dropped to below 2.1, den i can start to change $ for my trip le....

lsntyl,
dun b frustrated.....need any help in sourcing for bus transport or MUA? juz let us know, we'll try our best to help u....

florabliss,
if dat's d case, u may wish to settle all these things in sep, juz let ur hotel coordinator know so dat u can prepare all these things in advance....go n print ur invites 1st, select ur theme n distribute ur invites in end nov....as for d PS photo selection, there may b a little prob unless ur BS can rush out for u....