(2006) Brides of year 2006

Thanks Summerala

Date doesn't mean a lot - just can't wait any longer the moment we start to plan our wedding (too excited!) Though it is still 20 months to go! Probably will try and inform friends earlier so they can block out that day...
 


Hi tanel,

Not to worry, If u want a copy of my spreadsheet which includes budgeting, guest seatings, rsvp format, agenda etc...I can email a blank copy to u...I am lost initially too cos my frens are not very helpful in providing me with details. They always say:' Like that lor" so in the end, i better do everything myself..
happy.gif
So i am more than happy to help u if u needs it cos i understand that kinda of feeling...hehhe
happy.gif
As for the hotels, I have quite alot of hotels prices, so if u need it, i can send to u too
happy.gif


As for the BS visit, just bring yourself and spend some time thinking the questions u wanna ask and jot down on a paper. Else, u will tend to forget when u reach there. Yes, some BS allow trying of gown. Actually if u dun have a budget, I think SATine at Tanjong PAgar is quite nice. Their gowns are nice and the photographer, YEN, his works are nice too but it exceed my budget so i did not opt for it.
happy.gif


Anything else u wanna ask?
happy.gif
 
Tanel: I totally agree with Jean. She is the most well-prepared one amongst us(!). I am initially as clueless as you but as I talk to Meraj about the wedding, I got to thinking about what I want for our wedding. And in turn, what I want in my dresses ..etc.

I think venue is most important. And since you've decided on a tea reception and only on a gown, you can make your dress a lil' less dramatic (no long tulle train?) as the event is in the afternoon. It's up to you of course. Browse through mags - they'll help out a lot!

Why don't you go to the Outdoor Bridal Fair at Fort Canning and get a feel of what other BS are offering. That way, you know what works in the industry.

Jean: *clap clap* I salute you girl! Very efficient.
 
Hehehe, thanks marnie for ur compliment
happy.gif
No need to salute me la...Maybe I am the type who like to plan in advance..Besides, as i mentioned eariler,its something I enjoyed and look forward to...Do u know I waited 7 years for that day to come? hehehhe So naturally, I want everything to be in order. Also, I have seem cases whereby the helpers complain abt how disorganised the bride is, so I would never want to be that way..SOooo, That is why I so "hardworking" ahhaha
happy.gif
 
i take my hat off you Jean. You are my bride IDOL! WHOOO HOO! hehehee. Yes! YEs! email me ur template, please. its [email protected]
thanks much much!!
happy.gif
happy.gif


so i must get ready the questions ah? I was hoping the BS staff would guide me along. Heh. wats the budget like at Satine? I shortlisted Margaret Brides, Irene's creation, Yvonne creative, Bridal Veil (cos heard it ties wif chris ling?). This weekend am going to meet margaret.

WAAAAAH u waited for 7 years??!! WAAA WAAA WAAAH
U must be overjoyed when he proposed to u.
happy.gif
I have a fren who did her wedding research waaaaay before she even had a bf....so she has very old bridal collections since sec skool days..she got married last yr. So she knew exactly what she wanted for her wedding. Me, different. never tot of it, never had any dream wedding etc... so now haf to start from scratch.
 
Jean: Wahhh......7 years. You are one patient girl! I only waited 3 years.

Exactly my sentiments about being disorganised. I am by nature rather organised so naturally my wedding will not be any different. So, I want to make it as smooth a transition as possible.

Tanel: 3 of my friends engaged Irene's Creation. The dresses are gorgeous...but my friends all had problems in that there was a lot of hidden costs and they were not upfront about the additions at the meetings. Just for your information.

Personally, if I were to engage a non-malay BS, I will go for Bridal Veil. Their dresses are simple yet structured and they have minute details which I love. A bit like Vera Wang bridal dresses.
 
hi Eli,
have been telling the gals that i have been doing so much reading from the mags and internet that i have 101 ideas for my gowns. haha if only i could implement all the ideas into one haha
but most importantly i must start losing weight and working out man .......
 
hi linda,

i am going for my first appointment this saturday.. a bit nervous.. haven;t lose weight yet..

dunno how to start lose weight.. and i got quite flabby arms.. so worried cannot get a gown i like..

anyone got tips to exercise and lose weight fast??
 
Hi ladies,
I have some idea wat I wan for WG .. like those princess style kind but not sure if most design shld be at the back or the front. FH say pple design usually at the back one. Anyway his taste n mine always differ. So he may not like wat i fancy.

Yeah! Me also on dieting plan. Need to lose a few kgs to look real great. Need to tone up my flabby arms. U gals tink yoga got use anot? Last time got go gym but not really effective and no more kakis go work out wif me so go alone very sian.
 
hi taregal,
wow... going to start busy already... hee..
dun worry too much, a lot of my friend loss weight during the mist of preparing for the big day.. so i think you sure lost a bit. also you can start with some light exercise like climbing up and stairs and crunches.
as for your arms, no time to go gym carry weights, then fill up 2 mineral bottle with water and used it as weight.
Hope this tips can help you a bit... kee..
 
talk abt diet. i am soooo guilty. i am munching tidbits all day in the office. how tall and heavy are you gals anyway?

ooshie
haha. i am going to rely on pat to help me narrow. for now only 1 thing i am quite sure abt is i dun think i will go for duchess satin.

chaiyo
whats a princess style? i dun quite understand.
 
Hi Chaiyo!
whatis princess style? i also dunnoe look like princess one right *giggles* straight card one or what?
me too man, me also must tone up my arms ... i already bought the weights ... but not effected yet haha i thnk i might take pilates coz yoga liek very sleepy leh altho i havent tried. might take up end of this month at one of the pa cc like only 80 for 10 lessons
i think gym is the most effective leh .... about 5 yrs back when i was still gyming i tawt i was quite slim hahahah now that i have stopped for 5 yrs ... i have seriously put on 5 bloody KG so i mighht also just go back to gyming

eli,
must top up for duchess satin right? i dun really mind anything as long as its nice ... but already decided that one of my evening gowns must be full lace. i think sure have to top u for full lace.
 
ooshie
no for normal duchess satin. pat said that if we want the silk satin then must top up. i think goober used that. i dun like the stiffness of satin prefer softer and sweeter look.

yes you definitely hv to top up for full lace. i asked abt that. and i am told that chantilly lace is the most exp. german lace is more affordable. luckily i dun like full lace either. so can safe a bit.

5kg... hmm. i am not very proactive in weight loss thought that there is still time? hope to be an unacheivable 40kg for wedding. i am 43 now. dun think i will make the target.
 
Hi Agnes,

sent!

Hi Camy,

he has 2 packages , think $580 and $680. will pm you his contact, but don't think he will be able to do your AD as he is doing mine...you can chk out Natural shots though..heard they quite reasonable too..

Yup, my BS package is with Flaminge, cost be $4388...mine does not come with bridal car though.. but with the groom's suit
 
yeah
top up for another evening gown. hehe i was thinking since its only once, i wanna get as many outfits as i can hehe
i will not be wearing my WG on my ROM neither will i be using the teadress in my package (will be giving my sis as BM outfit) hence on AD, give everybody surprise surprise
 
Hi Ladies
happy.gif



Eli > Yah, We will go and take a look at their work... some ppl say tht their AD pics not very good... is it true?? My FH did tell me that most likely we are using Chris Ling...


Ooshie > So your FH also willing to call the JP? Heehee... My FH is the one who volunteer to call... he said he wanna participate in the preparation too.. What is the difference between Duchess Satin and silk satin?

Chaiyo > Yup, you will have to confirm the venue first. What is princess style?
 
hi jellybean,

oh ya! hehehe.. Flamingo's gowns are nice. I hope my WG will be nice too!

hi summer,
so have u decided on the date? R u more particular about the date or the venue? i think that may help u to make the decision. hehe..
 
hi ginger,
this is something i picked out from another website

The Fabric Hot List

Batiste: A lightweight, soft, transparent fabric.

Brocade: A Jacquard-woven fabric with raised designs; traditionally popular for fall and winter, now also worn in warmer weather.

Charmeuse: A lightweight, semi-lustrous soft fabric, that is satin-like to the touch.

Chiffon: Delicate, sheer, and transparent -- made from silk or rayon, with a soft finish; often layered because of its transparency, making it popular for overskirts, sheer sleeves, and wraps.

Crepe: A light, soft, and thin fabric with a crinkled surface.

Damask: Similar to brocade with raised designs, but woven in a much lighter weight.

Duchesse Satin: A lightweight hybrid of silk and rayon (or polyester) woven into a satin finish.

Dupioni: A finish similar to shantung, but with thicker, coarser fibers, and a slight sheen.

Faille: A structured, ribbed finish like grosgrain ribbon; usually quite substantial.

Gabardine: A tightly-woven, firm and durable finish, with single diagonal lines on the face.

Georgette: A sheer, lightweight fabric often made of polyester or silk with a crepe surface.

Illusion: A fine, sheer net fabric, generally used on sleeves or necklines.

Jersey: A very elastic knit fabric; the face has lengthwise ribs and the underside has crosswise ribs.

Moire: A heavy silk taffeta with a subtle, wavy design.

Organdy: A stiff transparent fabric.

Organza: Crisp and sheer like chiffon, with a stiffer texture similar in effect to tulle, but more flowing; popular for skirts, sleeves, backs, and overlays.

Peau de Soie: A soft satin-faced, high-quality cloth with a dull luster, fine ribs, and a grainy appearance.

Pique: A lengthwise rib weave in medium to heavy weights; wrinkles badly unless given a wrinkle-free finish.

Satin: A heavy, smooth fabric with a high sheen on one side; very common in bridal gowns.

Silk Gazar: A four-ply silk organza.

Silk Mikado: A brand of blended silk, usually heavier than 100-percent silk.

Silk-faced Satin: A smooth silk satin, with a glossy front and matte back.

Shantung: Similar to a raw silk, shantung is characterized by its slubbed texture.

Taffeta: Crisp and smooth, with a slight rib; not frequently used.

Tulle: Netting made of silk, nylon, or rayon; used primarily for skirts and veils (think ballerina tutus).

Velvet: A soft, thick fabric with a felted face and plain underside.
 
hi Chaiyo,
hehe
orrrhhhh you wanna look like princess.....
but if i not wrong there is such thing as princess cut check out the pic - princess cut
 
Hi camy,

Actually i am more on the date however, if the venue i wan its available i dun mind chose.
Since both dates are hot dates.I will cfm my date after seeing the wedding dinner @ crown prince.

So by 15/5/05, i will know my AD date


Hey jellybean,

Can i ask who is yr AD photographer? if u cant post it here, dun mind sent to my email:[email protected]
Cos i got a feeling we both using the same photographer base on the pkg tat u mention.

cheers
 
Wow Ooshie,
U really impressed me wif that list of materials available. My 'dictonary' only contains organza and probably duchesse satin. Whahah. Must bring tat list down so tat BS wont be able to cheat me. Else everytime first appt blur blur go there then 'nose kanna led ard' ...
 
hey ginger,
where is your ROM venue, did i miss it somewhere?

hey chaiyo,
dun worry you are not alone. i also only noe chiffon, duchess satin and silk satin hehe
maybe even the designer also never come across some of the materials ;)
 
gingercat
i am not sure abt their ad pics. actually i din really even take a gd look at their ps pics. but fh says is ok so i guess shld be ok. you can try benny ang for ad pics. we visited and its well taken.

ooshie
wow! so many dresses gal! i am just sticking to wat my bs gives me. nothing extra. dun really wan to splurge on this and its just as well since i am not really very into fashions or dress.
 
Hi SK2,
I have a friend who sign up with Everbliss and end up also sign up with Ted collection for her gowns. Seem like she is very please and funny with their service.

I have no idea what type of gowns to choose. Maybe on my appt, I will try on the different design, colours and let you know okie?
 
Hi tanel,
hehhe yeah....It's a LONGGGGGGGGGGG Wait, so naturally, I look forward to that day. I Have email u the template.
happy.gif


Satine cost ard 5-6k...But really, I love their photos but have to stick with my budget ;p

Hope my template can help u in some ways..heheh

As for the hotel's quotation, I have traders hotel, M-hotel, rasa sentosa, pan pacific, marina mandrain, amara hotel,Grand plaza parkroyal, crown hotel. But they are all dinner pricing. So which one r u interested?
 
Wow Ooshie,
yr material finding is more than what's printed in the magazine...think the most commonly heard is Chiffon, Organza & Duchesse Satin...
I also dunno them...even though BS had introduced what is the material..but I never seem to remember..I just ok ok...& look at the mirror..see how I look
 
starry
is ur fren on thread oso... i think they is quite number of eb bride having the same problem..but so far, eb svc to me is gd...jus tat their wkmanship has to improve
 
Hey Gals,

sorry cant really remember where i found the materials info, but came across a really cool website, its got everything you need , and whats best they got thousand and one WG/EG pics i see until i cock eye liaos.
www.theknot.com
 
thanks Jean! I have yet to check my email, will let u know.

Satine sounds expensive man, way beyond my budget. I visited two BS yesterday, Yvonne Creative and Mr&Mrs wedding club. staff at YC are real friendly and personal. While the latter, let's just say that will be my last visit there!

Oh, i already booked my date with Conrad, so no more hotel hunting for me. thanks anyway!
happy.gif


Marnie, thanks for the tip! i asked my friend abt irene's creation, she said wat u shared is true.
happy.gif
 
Hi SK2,
Ya she on SB too. Her wedding is over already but she still rather active in SB forum.

EB often have roadshow at marina sq last time when they are still located there. They were a bit pushy and the words are quite hurting which made my FH dun want to sign up with them.

So how is Ted Collection? Is their package expensive?
 
Hi Starrynight

You can consider trying out the cambridge diet.... I've been on it for the past 1.5 weeks (Substituting 2 meals daily). Managed to lose 2kg so far... am doing yoga as well... It is quite effective, but a bit pricey - S$120 for 21 complete meals....
 
hi linda,

thanks for the tips.. will try it out..
just went for my first appoinment today.. manage to find 2 WG i like and shortlisted them.. but for the EG, it is difficult.. their selection quite limited.. then for me my size they say not much choice and cannot alter anymore.. so the designs which is suitable for my sizes are quite few..

didn't manage to choose one EG i like, they ask me to consider MTM...
happy.gif


will be going down again to choose again...
 
You're welcome Tanel. I think we all still have time to talk to a few more BS - it helps if you know what you want or like. And did I say superb choice with Conrad? I think the service there is excellent!
 
starry
hurting???? hmmm... like wat? i agree they r very pushy but so far so gd for me except i cant find gowns...so abit upset tat got to spend extra

taregal,
actually EG is the difficult one.. so i sppt u to mtm eg than to mtm wg
 
Thanks for your advice, SK2. really torn in btwn parents and in-laws. wldn't they feel "unimportant" cos the couple is nt sitting with them? my family is big cos with my siblings partners and children, have 12. think i'll probably have 3 VIP tables. 2 sets of parents to sit with us with grandma and another 2 tables to sit siblings and and partners.

How about Xi Ping (the teochew cake) or wedding cake for relatives when parents deliver the cards? anyone still practising tt?
 
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>ROM Date</TD><TD>ROM Venue</TD><TD>Wedding Date</TD><TD>Bridal Boutique</TD><TD>Banquet Venue/ Theme</TD><TD>AD Photographer</TD><TD>Lovenest </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zen</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>Kai</TD><TD>Little Bali ( Balinese)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snow</TD><TD>6/6/2003</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>BingBing</TD><TD>6/3/2005</TD><TD>Raffles Cclub</TD><TD>8/6/2006</TD><TD>Mr &amp; Miss Wedding Club</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>keh huier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>18/6/2006</TD><TD>Precious Moments</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>2/4/2005</TD><TD>Plaza Park Ryl</TD><TD>18/6/2006</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ooshie</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>Changi Musuem</TD><TD>22/6/2006</TD><TD>The Wedding Present </TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>gini09</TD><TD>28/6/2005</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>23/6/2006</TD><TD>Dang</TD><TD>Intercontinental</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Timminbuzz</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Hilton</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>GingerCat</TD><TD>24/9/2005</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsSoh</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Hilton</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>eli</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>The Wedding Present </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Beetles (Chor Hui)</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chaiyo</TD><TD>25/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>25/6/2006</TD><TD>WhiteLink</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>icebubbles</TD><TD>23/3/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>The Fullerton</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>
 
Hi all...
I am planning my AD on Jan too... Now seeking for banquet first...
am i too late to find banquet now? i'm so afraid i cant book any...
 



Back
Top