(2006) Brides of year 2006

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>ROM Date</TD><TD>ROM Venue</TD><TD>Wedding Date</TD><TD>Bridal Boutique</TD><TD>Banquet Venue/ Theme</TD><TD>AD Photographer</TD><TD>Lovenest </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zen</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>Kai</TD><TD>Little Bali ( Balinese)</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snow</TD><TD>6/6/2003</TD><TD></TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>BingBing</TD><TD>6/3/2005</TD><TD>Raffles Cclub</TD><TD>8/6/2006</TD><TD>Mr &amp; Miss Wedding Club</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>keh huier</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>18/6/2006</TD><TD>Precious Moments</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>2/4/2005</TD><TD>Plaza Park Ryl</TD><TD>18/6/2006</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ooshie</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>Changi Musuem</TD><TD>22/6/2006</TD><TD>The Wedding Present </TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>gini09</TD><TD>28/6/2005</TD><TD></TD><TD>23/6/2006</TD><TD>Dang</TD><TD>Intercontinental</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Timminbuzz</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Hilton</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>GingerCat</TD><TD>24/9/2005</TD><TD>Furama</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsSoh</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>Hilton</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>eli</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>The Wedding Present </TD><TD></TD><TD>Beetles (Chor Hui)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chaiyo</TD><TD>25/6/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD>25/6/2006</TD><TD>WhiteLink</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>icebubbles</TD><TD>23/3/2006</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>


gals! does this seem abit too much?
any suggestions what i should take out or add in?
 


hi Gingercat!
you're bAck!!
happy.gif

I only know with TWP, the promotion package with ChrisLing add another $1100 got 20 pics for studio, i dunnoe about AD! hiaks but most likely for AD the price for more hyped photographers its prob around the 1.5 - 2K range for AD
i heard their AD not so good leh *hushhush* not done by Chris himself
videography they just started but they may be good and to each its own ....
 
Hi ladies,
need some advice. Is the trend now giving cakes (what kind? the ones pple give for newborn babies or???) or xi bing?

For the banquet, who will be the pple sitting at the VIP table? do we hv 1 table for parents from both families or separate table?

Hi SK2, I've confirmed my banquet: Dragon Gate on 9 Jan 06.
 
Hello gals.... nice to see u all here.happy to see more dec brides.

Thanks lilic for ur advices U really make me have sec tot on my BS haha.. i muz choose really reconsider..
 
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>ROM Date</TD><TD>ROM Venue</TD><TD>Wedding Date</TD><TD>Bridal Boutique</TD><TD>Banquet Venue/ Theme</TD><TD>AD Photographer</TD><TD>Lovenest </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zen</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>Kai</TD><TD>Little Bali ( Balinese)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snow</TD><TD>6/6/2003</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>BingBing</TD><TD>6/3/2005</TD><TD>Raffles Cclub</TD><TD>8/6/2006</TD><TD>Mr &amp; Miss Wedding Club</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>keh huier</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>18/6/2006</TD><TD>Precious Moments</TD><TD>Marina Mandarin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>2/4/2005</TD><TD>Plaza Park Ryl</TD><TD>18/6/2006</TD><TD>Sophia Wedding Collection</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ooshie</TD><TD>6/6/2006</TD><TD>Changi Musuem</TD><TD>22/6/2006</TD><TD>The Wedding Present </TD><TD>Pan Pacific</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>gini09</TD><TD>28/6/2005</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>23/6/2006</TD><TD>Dang</TD><TD>Intercontinental</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Timminbuzz</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Hilton</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>GingerCat</TD><TD>24/9/2005</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>Yvonne Creative</TD><TD>Meritus Mandarin</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsSoh</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Hilton</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>eli</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>24/6/2006</TD><TD>The Wedding Present </TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Beetles (Chor Hui)</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chaiyo</TD><TD>25/6/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>25/6/2006</TD><TD>WhiteLink</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>icebubbles</TD><TD>23/3/2006</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD> </td></tr></table>

spied in the other thread realised why my chart got hole hahaha
 
tat's a pretty gown, Jean!
happy.gif
are u gonna get the exact design? this is not a local design? i love the ribbon detail.
happy.gif


oh, i better set my budget back to $2K than...cos i intend to buy and keep for god knows what!

hello marnie! where did u get your gown from, may i ask? by the way, Asian Civilisation Museum is a cool place; i attended a wedding there before...very classy and unconventional. So are u gonna haf a tradditional malay wedding?
 
Ya, its not a local design..Its from the US. I liked it because its simple and because of the ribbon too..heheh I have a craze over ribbons..

Most probably will have it made close to the design..but maybe like to add sleeves cos i quite chubby..hheheh...

You can check out this website for designs idea...
happy.gif
http://www.davidsbridal.com/index.jsp
 
Hi summerala, guys and gers,

been very busy lately so never manage to check posting here hehehe

For everbliss, coz i heard of those neg comments, i got scared and back off myself. Lost $388 as deposit but stated in my invoice that it can be exchange for some family photos...

As for whitelink, i used their rom service, so far so good...
my rom photos for sharing
happy.gif


http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gentasg24/my_photos

i will be going for club chinos wedding fair this sun... keep u ladies posted then
happy.gif


my hubby's sis going to have her wedding at shangri la this yr end too ... expensive banquet ...
happy.gif
 
Jean: You have great taste! Ribbons are very feminine - I'm into it myself (!) Try looking at Monique Lhuillier's designs - I went bonkers when I went to NYC a couple of months ago - she is such a girly girl - most of her dresses have ribbons..

Tanel: Classy and unconventional - I would like to think that I am that...*ahem* (HAHAHAHA) But seriously, Meraj (my fiance) and I just saw it and thought that it was THE perfect place to have our wedding. We're going to have a mix-cultural wedding seeing how Meraj is Bangladeshi brought up in England - so a lil' of Indian/Malay and western bits in there. Perfect combination for us, I suppose. I'll be going to a malay bridal shop (boy! Was that the most difficult task I had ever encountered as they are not as forward thinking in their designs for western traditional wedding dresses). One more round of talking to the malay bridal shops and I will be able to make up my mind and make payments in a month or so...*fingers crossed*
 
Hi Linda... did receive ur email.. but with no attachment... it's ok if u dun have the attachment with u anymore... thank you so much ..

hey nice photos.. but u should really share your BS photos with us... is our gown from white link too.. looks nice
 
any recommendation for cheap and yet "bao ka liao" package... I mean somewhere with a better reputation as compared to everbliss.. mine is $ 3.3k with cars.. 2mtm gown ... and etc... but quite worried end up have a very unhappy experience
 
hi hi... joanna,
my pc jus recover, no MS office yet.. will update for u later.. in case i forgot remind me again ok... =)
are u referring to cake for GDL or AD dinner?
u shd have 2 VIP tables.. one for ur family and one for ur husband.. u shd be sitting with ur husband family.. normally is immediate family..
i knw sum couples practice both parents n the couple on one table.. nt very right but i guess is indv...but rightfully it shd be u with ur fh's family n the other VIP is for ur parents n immediate


ladies,
btw, tis thread very quiet hor.. anyone home???
who has done up ur fitting n fix ps?? or any update to share???
 
ha ha marnie, u DO sound like a classy and unconventional gal!
happy.gif
Cool!! A mix-cultural wedding-hey not every girl gets that!! Ooo, are there many malay bridal shops around? Do they tailor-make your preferred designs? Both you and jean seem to have pretty much prepared for the wedding eh?
 
Hi SK2,
Appreciate your help to make this thread lively and enjoyable. Seems like a lot of the ladies posted previously have MIA.
happy.gif


I going for my selection of the gowns soon in May. Anyone planned to share the design of their WG and EG? Kinda of excited. Seems like I have put on weight. Anyone care to share how you are/have been/planning to lose weight? I currently going of joggine like twice a week. But diffcult to committed on weekday bcoz of work.
 
Hi Tanel,

There are malay bridal shops around. But the ones who are forward thinking in their designs are few and far between. Have to really go around to shop, feel and try! If you pay more, they will be most glad to have the dresses tailor-made for us.

I think Jean and I may have that thought that if we do slowly everything, it'll get eventually get done and we don't have to fuss over small details later towards THE day. Plus, planning ahead does save us (me at least) quite a bit of money. How Jean - my explanation? Does it apply to you or not? *nudge nudge*
 
HI SK2,

but what if we have very few immediately family? Like for me, i'm the only child while for my FH, it's only him and his sis and brother in law and mum. To have 2 VIP tables a bit difficult for us in this case?
 
Hi Camy,

I'm using a freelance photographer recommended by my colleague.looked at his portfolio already...not bad , and price is very reasonable!

what about you?

how much did your BS charge you? and what does it include?
 
hi summerala, have you paid a lot for deposit already? if so, perhaps you want to stick with it.. but be more forceful when you demand your rights?? cant help you on the BS thingi coz i havent started looking... then again, my frens and i may have been too critical of the bs... perhaps, there are success stories behind it as well?
 
Hi Ladies!!

Ooshie > Oh... I dunno... my FH wanna Chris Ling to cover videography and photography if the promotion package is attractive. Will be attending their open house on 7 may 2005. The problem is till now cannot find any good AD photographer... Videography currently is either Emotion Pixs or Chris Ling.. Just hoping that we can find one studio which covers everything.

Chaiyo > My JP is also David Loh!! He is a funny guy.
 
Yo Ladies!
FH say we got the booking wif David Loh liao. Jus wanna check there wont be a written confirmation from him? Wat if he forgot abt us then last min go where find JP to solminise our ROM??? So wat u gals did? He say our date still so far away so no need submit the consert form now. 4mths before can liao. But i jus dun feel tat secured leh ... Ya .. me another kiasu SINGAPOREAN!!!
 
hi gals,
I already faxed the form to him yesterday. He has not faxed it back altho he has verbally agreed. prob wait a while more maybe next week then call him again.
i think he is very busy out of every ten brides, prob 5 use him as their Jp, he doesnt need a day job liao hahahaha

ginger if the package attractive why not, im sure you will get to see the videography first before you should decide
 
Hi StarryNight,
i am thinking of going to reselect my EG. Have not call my co-ordinator yet. Hmm to lose weight, me too quite plump but no time to exercise so i only make sure i eat healthy.
 
ooshie
thks for updating the chart. i see our chart is taking shape now.. more details
biggrin.gif

what chart hole? i dun quite get it..

gals
very stressed at work today. so much stuff to do. what keeps you gals all going at work? for me i think its part interest in the job and on bad days its really just the thought that working will better fh and my life... wonder if you all feel the same way?

i see the topic tdy is jps. i am not getting one so can't contribute. cos i am using a pastor.
 
Chaiyo,
What I did is I sent the consent form to him with my handphone number &amp; fax number...then called him saying I had sent...
that ime is I contact him in Feb, &amp; my ROM in Apr...so, 2mths b4 I sent to him..dun worry, he would write down on his diary I think...cos he would put a note on that day...maybe U called him in Jan.
2wks before, called again, 1wk b4 to reconfirm, 3days b4, reminder, 1 nite b4, SMS him, on that day, SMS him the exact location and how to go there.
 
Hi eli,
Wat keep me going at work? Must be the performance bonus and nothing else!!!
Me too. Today kanna thrown a big bomb on my desk tis morning. Urgent stuff need to finish my next week. I hate last min stuff when i was so free for the past few days.

Hi Hazel,
U mail as in u snail mail the form to him izzit? I read somewhere we cant fax cos need original or something.
U only booked him 2mths b4 ah? He still avail in such 'short' notice meh?
 
Hi ladies,

Missing for awhile leow..back now...
How's everyone doing.. seem to have missed out quite a lot of things.. hee..

Btw, i have one S$100 Paradox Voucher?
Valid till 10 Oct 2005, selling at S$80 (neg).
Anyone interested?
 
Hi Chaiyo,
i also read somewhere that cant fax but i think it meant cant fax the completed form to ROM must bring it down personally to them
You just fax the form to him and he will fax back his consent. there is a checklist outside ROM(pdf file) from Rom website that you can check out file too big to upload here
 
Hi Ooshie,
No worries. Will check the pdf file later when I have time. Suddenly got so much work to do. Planned to surf abt ROM-ing outside info today one but recv a big 'present' tis morning
sad.gif
 
Whahaha ... give the present back ah? Tell her I need to surf net on wedding stuff no free do work leh .... Hehehe. Tat time she was sounding me up whether I am getting married cos one of the big boss heard me talking abt hotels on the phone (So angry cos obviously he is eveasdropping my convensation). I still denied until so 'clean' like tat.
 
chaiyo
the performance bonus? hmm. provided its big enough. but then it comes only once a yr right? hard to stay motivated if i rely on it esp if its 12 months before it comes.
unless of course it is very large. like 6 mths. haha.
 
Hi eli,
If u happen to noe where is offering 6mths, first thing must tell me. I submit resume right away! Hahaha. Our co give bonus twice a yr. So only wait half a yr for each one. But its not big lor. Jus a minor comfort from time to time setbacks in office.
 
Hi Linda

I am also a WL bride to be!!!! Wore their gown for my rom too..hee..

May I know which venues have you shortlisted for banquet? I am still in a lost!

Hi summerala

If you have already signed up with everbliss then perhaps you might want to stick with it. If not, you will lose your deposit..Perhaps you can visit the thread and ask the ex brides to recommend some good coordinators, designers and photographers. I am sure they have 1-2 good ones around..

: )
 
Hi Gals,


My ROM is in Sept 2005 and he had already faxed the consent form over with his licence chop and signature... He is quite prompt I will say but anyway, maybe its because my FH called him and he is surprise that a guy will call... heehhehe!!!

Ooshie > Will check out Chris Ling videography... if okay , we will engage them for the photo and video service.
 
Hi Marnie,

Absolutely agreed! As the chinese saying goes "
Bitter first sweet later" ehhehe..And yes planning helps to save alot of $$ and troubles later...I dun mind planning cos i sort of enjoy it...I even has my RSVP list and seating arrangements done already...hahaha...:p
 
Jean: What do you mean you have your RSVP List ready? You mean you've sent out your invites already and seating arrangements? I am having a headache with the invites cos' of the logistics involved for our overseas guests. Have not even sent out our Save The Date....*sigh*

But yeah...like our dear Jean, I am thoroughly enjoying the whole process of planning for the wedding. Like going around hunting down for ribbons to match exactly our wedding colours and theme. ;-) (Meraj though thinks otherwise that I am obsessed with it...*hehheheheheh*)
 
Hi Jellybean,

i've not confirmed any photographer for my AD yet.. still shopping around for more afforable package. How much is the freelance photographer charging u for the service? Does he have a link where we can check out his works?

My BS package with ZWD is S$3,388 inclusive of 1 MTM WG, 1 EG &amp; 1 tea dress/kua. And also the usual studio photos, corsages, 2 hand bouquets, 4 make-up sessions &amp; bridal car. Have u booked ur BS?
 
Dear Marnie,

What I mean is I have the format of the RSVP list ready..
happy.gif
It includes all my guest names, the tables they are in, contact nos etc...in order for me to keep track next time when I RSVP with them...erh...u get wat i mean..:p

As for the seating arrangements, I have also done out a file in excel format to arrange the seats...So i can have a good feel of how the attendance will be like...Of cos, you must always have a "reserve" list also...
 
gingercat
we did pop by chris ling once. you should go take a look at the place. its kind of well done up.

chaiyo
oh well. i nvr look forward to it cos its once a yr and too long away most times. anyway most times i am so bz i dun hv time to think. by end of day i am usually exhausted. recently its been so bad i hv lost my dinner appetite on wk days.
 
thanks greekgal


Hi jaylee...
i think wat u say is quite true... there r ppl goin holiday that time...

why take the risk if u are worried... but if dat date meant a lot to u... by all means, go for it
 
hi ginger,
i also make my FH call him coz i told him :give you something to do" hahahah otherwise its the gal who is always excited to get married hahahah
hey eli,
did you see goober's photos? (TWP thread) its from Chris Ling
 
starry
ya lor ya lor.. all mia.. dun knw where they go...actually my fitting is oso may.. but i'm not gg to my bs, i tried my bs's gown, think i dun like the workmanship, so i have remove the gowns from the package and i signed up with ted collection for my 2 gowns+ tea dress....so cant share much design.. wat u plan to have? cutting? colours? wat is ur preference? as for weight, my designer ask me to maintain n i oso din specially lose or maintain lah... bcos i'm a pretty active person, so all these while i will have blade, yoga and starting my netball training again...

Daphne,
my doing is...for my side, my father has a brother, therefore i slot my uncle (father's bro) family as they are immediate family to me. so i have my parents, my 2 sis + 1 bf, grandma, my auntie and her son n dil. (her 2 daughters i did not include on the table bcos they are married, so i have them on another table next to my VIP, n i'm inviting their in-law)
 


whoooooAAA Jean u are really fast, wats left for you to do man?
happy.gif
Not sure if i enjoy planning as much u girls. I find that i have to do alot of 'research' cos i really have no idea wat kind of wedding i want, gown etc. I am totally clueless abt these things. Plus, am not atypical ger who likes shopping :P. like my venue searching, i didn't view alot of hotels, i just pick the one i liked and refuse to see any other hotels-pure laziness. I wish i dun haf to go from one BS to another just to find the right fit. Arrrgggh. To me, its just a hassle!!! man, i sound such a lazy bride!!
sad.gif


anyway, may i seek your advice pls. I am going for my first appt wif a BS this weekend. Any idea what the heck am i suppose to do? bring? wat do i say? will i get to try the gowns already on the first meeting? Ah, shld i bring my ideal gown designs? arrrrggggg.....
 

Back
Top