(2005) Brides of year 2005

postpet2

Hi all,

Glad to belong to this thread cos i'm thinking of having my customary in early Jan05'

Since we are all on the topic of hotel, i know we must be KS enuff to book the hotel of our choice a year in advance..
Anyone has booked already? How's the response for 05's banquet...I heard Dec 04, most of the hotel gone alr leh....wow...
so i think early jan should be snapping up fast too....

ane

Hi Leong and postpet2,

i think i'm the typical singaporean,,, i hv booked the hotel and BS liao,,
blush.gif

ane

Hi Leong,
crazy.gif
pai sei pai sei,,,,

i booked the dinner at Pan Pac and BS at Irene's creation!! all gog on smoothly!!! now i can relax liao,,,,

biba8169

hi cutiebear,

Ur BS is Irene's creation ya? When is ur AD?

hi ladies,
I am also planning to have my customary in Dec 2005,kinda early to book any hotels now. My ROM will be coming 25th, preparation almost complete. But recently come down with flu and yet to recover...sigh..

I'll be consolidating hotel packages for recently charges. btw, when will be appropriate to book for banquet since i am holding it on Dec 2005?

sneezybum

Hi, Biba

i think you are very, very, very early. The last time I enquired back in Oct, some of the hotels haven't released their rates for 2005 yet as their accounts closing is on the 31st Dec. Still promoting their packages for 2004.

You can wait till after the new year for all the rates to be released before making a better choice. Or if you have a few hotels in mind, maybe you can ask for opinions over here. I also did my homework over here before confirming with Pan Pac, same as cutiebear.

ane

hi biba,

i agree with Sean. Just keep reading this forum, all the posting here help me alot on my decision.

And also u may want to keep track on promotions, some hotels give real good promotion stuff.

bibien

Hi Ladies..

Me planned to have my customary in Sept '05 which will be Lunar 8th Mth which is confirmed a super hot date.

See from the postings that some of you had already booked the Banquet venue, a bit stressed, coz I was still thinking it's still early to look for Venue.. :p

Notice most of you all will be holding the Banquet in a Hotel?? Is there anyone who will be having it in restaurant? Due to limited budget, I can only hold the wedding in restaurant..anyone can share some info with me
happy.gif

postpet2

Hi all,

think i'm the most bo chap out of all thebrides who is marrying in 05...hahaha..

i mean...my customary is suppose to be in Jan05 and i've not book hotel, have not seen anyone for BS leh...

vivien: actually besides restaurant, you may wanna think of a outdoor wedding....think the price should not work out too much too...have you checked our prices with burkill hall??

starlet

Hi all,

I also intend to hold my wedding either end Dec 04 or early Jan 05. Can i check with u guys how do u go about asking to view the hotels ballroom?
We do not necessary need to confirm once we view the ballroom right??
Having big headache for choosing the "ideal" date..zzzzzzz...

Thanks.

bibien

Hi Postpet2,

Actually I have not checked out on any venues yet..still in the process of shortlisting..
happy.gif
But as I had mentiond, most probably will have it in a restaurant coz we had only budget $500-550(for weekend)per table for the banquet... Dun think there are nay hotels with such low rate rite??

The venue : Burkhill hall is it at Botanic garden?? It will be nice to have it Outdoor..very romantic
happy.gif
but with the tentage and the catering.. think the amount spent will be quite huge also rite...
sad.gif

And somemore. the guests will mostly be old folks.. think they are still quite conservative on the idea that a wedding banquet must be held at least in restaurant with sit-down dinner of 9 courses meal...
Oh.. ur wedding in Jan'05 and u have booked any Venue??Thnk u must act fast already..coz my friend who is having wedding in Dec'04 said that most of the Hotels in Orchard are already fully booked...and she is having a hard time looking and sourcing for other venue for her wedding...

as for the bridal package, u can still take ur time to look around..coz think photoshoots will take place 3 months before ur wedding, and selection of gowns another 3 months before photoshoots, but if u wanted MTM gown, then of coz have to get it done earlier...

HI Starlet,

Maybe u can try calling the banquet managers and fixed an appointment with them. Dun think they will force u to sign the contract with them..but sure they will try to promote abit ..if u really dun like.. just be firm to ur decision
happy.gif

nanshee

dearest all
I'm new to this thread .. mine is in 2005 .. after consultation with a feng shui shi .. ;p i have not done anything cos I thought still early ... kekeke .. but now .. seeing that you gals have started planning ... i think must talking to FH liao ....
talker.gif

my FH & myself like Rasa alot and are thinking of having dinner there.. but i dunno how's the feedback there .. any problems with parking?

biba8169

hi sean,cutiebear,ladies here,

I also thot dat its kinda early to make any move now. Maybe can source ard, heh, I've constantly reading BS threads and really find it useful.

Btw, who jus ROM recently and care to share their photos? I am engaging Sandy Ho as my makeup artist for ROM. Any comment on her recent work? or pls share pix of her work too if convenient ya.

applel

Hi Vivien,
How do u get to choose the date??.I had a big problem choosing gd dates in 2005 cos tong shu is not ut yet.
sad.gif
.any suggestions where can i get the dates????????

bibien

Hi Leong...

hehe.. I had reply u under the Banquet Qianxi thread... as i mentioned in that thread.. I didn't get any Fengshui master to 'calculate' the dates..

My MIL said that 1st/15th of Lunar 8th mth confirm good date to get married.. so we will be taking either day lor...
happy.gif

See the posting by Nanshee, she mentioned that she had consulted Fengshui master.. maybe she can help??

Hi Nanshee.. can help advise Leong as to where she can go to have the dates done??
happy.gif

bibien

oh forgot..Biba.. I got ROM in Sept this year.. if u consider that recently. :p

My makeup artist is Daniel..if u want I can sent my photos to u..
happy.gif

nanshee

Hello vivien
No probs ..
bounce.gif

Hai Leong
We went to Master Lee (he is from HK)at Fu Lu Shou .. charges wise quite reasonable and he is good, ... if you are interested .. drop me an email .. i will give you his contact and address ...
happy.gif

gals .. how do i get those cute cute icons on the web except for those emoticons??
uhoh.gif

ane

Hi vivien, if u looking for restaurant, u might want to consider Dragon Gate at World Trade Centre. Food is fantastic, ambience and service is good too!!
wink.gif

Hi starlet, let me share wif u wat i hv done in terms of hotel, i just pop by the hotels during weekends, and tell the captain that i am interested to hold my wedding there and request to look at their ballroom which is already fully decorated for wedding dinners. then u will get a clearer picture.
proud.gif

Hi nanshee, parking at rasa is not a problem, my gf just hold her dinner there. entrance to the island is free for those presenting the wedding cards. the reception is very beautiful, but the food i find it so so only.
lame.gif

nanshee

Halo cutiebear, so the food is not as fanastic lah ..any place where they have good food and good ambience? food taste is quite impt cos of elderly ..
sad.gif

hai gals .. just wanna check .. when must i confirm the booking? a year in adv?

ane

hi nanshee,

personally i dont like the food lor! maybe u can try Orchard Parade Hotel - Club Chinois!! They can do it at the restaurant itself, but the main hall only can cater to 18 tables, and the rest will have to "hide" inside the VIP rooms
lol.gif

or u can hv it at their ballroom, no pillar but ceiling abit low.

If u are looking into "hot" dates, then is better to book a year in advance!!

andreal

Hi everyone, wah din know this thread moving on again...
happy.gif

Leong,
i heard Furama just renovated issit? and the ballroom loks great..futuristic. But then again i read fr Furama thread that the food and svc not dat gd :p but then again it always varies for everyone.
If not wrong i still got the 2004 banquet list wif mi. The perks etc sound gd.

Sean,
so meaning most hotels/restaurants will released 2005 rates after CNY lar?

nanshee!
Can mail mi details of Master Lee at [email protected] TQ!
So even now, Master Lee oready able 2 calculate the gd dates for us in 2005 liao?

vivien!
my budget same as you, I hv elders who are particular abt food so loking into hving my banquet at Noble Hse.

biba,
My banquet shd be in Nov/Dec too. So planning to book my banquet fr nxt yr aug onwards. Now just keep myself update on the BS.

biba8169

Hi vivien,
congrats! may i share ur ROM photos? Pls send it to [email protected]. I m looking forward to see 'em.

Andreal,
hey,u plan to hv banquet near end 2005 too! that's close to ours, so happy. I dunno when shd i start scouttin for weddin stuff, maybe a year ahead for BS and banquet earlier. will keep u update.

nanshee

Hello Andreal
Tonight will get the contact from FH. Will email you over the weekend.
Yeap, he did .. we were surprise too! Think he has a website too, will keep you posted!
biggrin.gif

sneezybum

Hi, andreal

That's what some of the coordinators told me the last time I enquired in Oct. They told me that the rates will only be out on 1st Jan. Some of these hotels include Meritus Mandarin, Marina Mandarin, HIPV, Hilton & OPH.

I think you might want to call them up to enquire. Maybe things have changed since then.

But since yr wedding is in Nov/Dec 05, you still got lots of time. Take your time and choose one which fits your budget and is to both u & yr hubby's liking.

For auspicious dates, you might want to try these two sites. I also had my date chosen by a shifu. For my AD, coincides with that given by the website. But I have heard others saying that it is off by 1 day. For reference only

http://mindcity.sina.com/MC-lunar/search/index.html

http://verywed.com/lunar/index.php

biba8169

hi vivien,
yap, received the link to ur photos. U look so fresh & a simply like ur hairdo and natural makeup. Whose ur makeup artist?

I saw alot of guests at the reception. Where's this place, who's the guy who did the solemnization for both of u?

bibien

Halo Biba,

My makeup artist is Daniel.. one of the 'expert' in Sporebride.

I had my solemnisation outside ROM premises. We had it at The Oaks at Tanglin Mall. And the JP who do our solemnisation is Mr David Loh, a popular JP highly recommended by alot of the ladies here..
happy.gif

applel

Hi Nanshee,
was on course last few days couldnt din check the mails over here.Could u eemail to me at [email protected] regarding the details of Master Lee.thks.
happy.gif
)

Andreal,

Yap the Furama juz renovated. the exterior might not be that grand but when u went to their grand ballrm, its quite different from outside......nice n no pillars........1 plus pt.regarding the fd.i also not 2 sure.so hope asking around here might get some suggestions lor......
happy.gif
)

nanshee

Hai Leong,
Will do .. keep a look out over the weekend
happy.gif

Hai Vivien,
agreed. Mr David Loh is very friendly, he even did yum seng with us during one of my gf's ROM recently. Very helpful man, he even showed pics of those 'stars' couples that he had solemnised .. but he is really 'hot' always booked

Hey gals ... anyone planning to do the ROM, customary all on the same day?
biggrin.gif

applel

Nanshee,
Thks. will b looking 4ward to your email.

Andreal,
U plan to hve ur dinner at Noble House? I did consider that but not sure abt the price n food there.
sad.gif
(.How's is it huh?

biba8169

hi vivien & nanshee

I din know that the JP in ur ROM pix is actually David Loh. In fact, he's my solemnizer for my ROM on 25th this month. Never see him in person, wonder how he looks like. Must show my fiance the photo, else he blur blur, dunno which one.hahaha..

I heard he likes to joke around and very friendly. So Vivien,how much did u give him as Ang-Bao? Any gift for him also? I saw some comment here that JP dun accept ang-bao but will ask u to donate the $ instead. Is it true? I dunno if he'll be staying for buffet lunch as I heard he is booked for a couple of solemnization in the afternoon, very rushing.

Is David's marriage vows similar to ROM's. or different JP has different vows? My fiance very nervous, wanted to practice it now. but i m not used to speak wif mike,is it necessary? Our sitting is such a way that we'll be facing the guest instead of our back facing ppl. This is what my hotel wedding planner suggest, I thot it's a good idea!!!!(can see my pretty face
blush.gif
...)

Quite nervous & stressful to plan for outside ROM, as mine seem like AD prep! Watsmore, it's festive on dat very day, & wanted all my guest to leave the place with sweet memories after the event. Any ladies here plan for any games/activities during their ROM cum reception.Kinda boring wif ur guests were to sit there & eating, take photos & nothing else. any witty suggestions?
rofl.gif

I'ne booked Sandy as my makeup artist that day, I hope my event will turn out smoothly, no
nono.gif
hiccups!

laluna

Hi biba,

I engaged Sandy as my makeup artist for my ROM (just over on 10 Dec). She's a sweet lady and did up my face and hair in about 45 mins. The effect was natural and everyone loved it. I haven't got many photos yet as my friends have yet to develop them. Only one friend emailed me some of the pics...can email you a pic if you would like to see her work.
happy.gif

bibien

Hi Biba,

We did gave Mr Loh an Angbao and a tie for the gift. Angbao think we gave around $28, can't really remember..

Mr Loh is very organise.. dun think u will need to practise in advance.. just relax..
happy.gif
He had a little stand with wordings: I will // I do, so on his hints(he will tap his fingers on the table) U just reply base on the wordings on the stand..
happy.gif

err..me dunno what is the registry vow leh.. so dunno if Mr Loh vow is about the same. Think so be somewhere there ..
happy.gif

U planned to have games for the guests?? So most probably U will be the one who is going to be Sabotage by ur guests..
happy.gif

biba8169

hi laluna,

I am so pleased that u can share the photos. Pls email to me [email protected]

Do u choose the hair style or she did it based on her judgement? & makeup? I saw a hairdo in herworld bride mag and is really nice, maybe I can show her so that she can comment if that suits me? What if I dun like her initial hairdo, can i request that she redo?Simply hope once & for all....

biba8169

vivien,

haha..at least now i prepare myself to take note that David will tap on the table. that's cute. Oh so i simply juz answer i will/ i do..., oki then I'll be fine. Phew...

Ya hor, play games will be sabotage by frienz, better not. Nah givin ppl chance to do that, hehe. Sigh...maybe juz eat & photos session lor. No idea now.
sad.gif

nanshee

hi biba, ya .. the vow is the same in ROM centre and outside cos i have seen both solomnization (in and out of ROM) by David. He is funny and make my frens relaxed.

Well, games normally dun have .. cos some elders dun like lor, so what we did is to play on individual tables .. yap .. we did one video clip of a fren's ROM and capture interviews with the PIL, kekeke .. we intend to use it during the AD next year ... sure a memory wake up call .. *wink*

my gf teared when she saw the clips of her mummy .. so sweet ..

biba8169

laluna,

Received ur pix already & PM u too.Dun forget to share photos ya.

nanshee,
ur gf so fortunate to have frienz so creative! so sweet of u guys...she won't forget for the rest of her life.

applel

nanshee, ya remember 2 email the address of Master Lee ar..mi anxious to get a gd date in 2005 lah.hehhehehe.
happy.gif
)

Hi Celestine, so hve u source 4 any BS & where do u intend to hold ur wedding??

il_mare

Hi Leong,
I have my BS liao, next sunday i will b meeting my coord to sign up contract. i will b holding my wedding at pan pac. How abt u?

nanshee

hai leong and Andreal ..

sent .. pls check
happy.gif

hi biba ... hehehe ... just happened that she got a group of frens with lots of idea ...
happy.gif
actually alot of times it's the people around us that make the wedding special ...

clarewoo

Hi nanshee,

Can I have the contact of Master Lee too? Have been trying to find someone to pick an auspicious date in 2005 but seems like it's very difficult for them to do so. Would appreciate it if you could email to me at [email protected] Thanks.

elaine77

Hi Ladies,

Im actually planning to have my wedding on Jan 05, do you think its too early to make booking for banquet? I called a few hotels but they told me that price for 05 banquet is not out and cannot make booking. We actually wanted next yr end but looks like most hotels are fully-booked for the end of next yr. I thought i was KS but not exactly.. ehhee.. any of you have chosen your banquet venue and bridal Studio?

ane

Hi elaine77,

I think i'm the most kiasu one. I have booked the banquet venue as well as the bridal studio. i'm totally relax now!!