(2003) Brides of year 2003

chicory

hi tingting,

What are the rest of the places you considering? As Changi is in the East, the rest must not be too far to save travelling time
happy.gif

The promo is for classic (normal) mani & pedi. You would need to top up abit if you want french. I also prefer french mani but my nails can't have it. Actually, you can go for nuetral/ light colours if you are not having french mani. The last time i did a really sweet and nuetral kind of pink tone, i think it can go with all colour gowns
happy.gif

sweetie

Hi gals!
Its been such a long time since I log in.
Busy busy with work.
I booked my honeymoon liao at Natas yesterday. Going to Koh Samui...
happy.gif

I will try to meet you gals on friday. Will confirm on friday.

are

min... terra cafe is on level 1, opp tangs studio, outside the hotel. as it is in a corner, juz walk towards bossini/giodano, and it will be on your left.

they dun hv rooms, but shd be able to give us a corner since there is so many of us.
happy.gif

cubie

In the end, I took up Tradewinds NZ 8 Day (South) package. Cost $2138. Happy that honeymoon is settled and now i can concentrate on my weddin preparation. Haven't buy those props yet.

10q to Feb and leo for sharing.

cody

matka: the hen party is usually organised by the chief bridesmaid. In the absence of one, it should be your good friends (i supposed your ah yees in this case).

I haven't come across anyone who initiated their own hen night. It's supposed to a night where all your good friends are supposed to have wild fun with you. I feel that the "fun" is lost when you have to organise it yourself, coz half the element of fun lies in the fact that you dun know what they have planned!

My hen party is this sat night.

aries

hi Cynthia,

Would you be able to share with me your package to NZ? I am choosing between trade winds, chan bros and SA UIC. Can't make up my mind. May I know why you chose trade winds eventually...

tks.

feb

Leo

Wow...finally you booked your tour liao..
Not me lucky lah..Is only that I bo bian mah...Wedding is beginning of Nov so my trip will be during off peak period lor..Like tat also good lah...can save $$...

But think they said that the 13 days trip more comprehensive ..But anyway can travel very happy liao
happy.gif
But think Dec 03 NZ is summer rite?

tingting

hi chicory,

hmm, not sure what happened to my last posting..anyway, I'm also thinkin of Marina South n Sentosa..I shld only be going to 1 of these locations and take shots along the way..

chicory

hi tingting,

In my opinion, i think Sentosa is the best cuz' so many places to take photos in one location. But my photographer maybe tired of going there all the time, so will try other places instead
happy.gif
. You will be going for the mani & pedi tomorrow right? Have you booked appt yet? If you are going to serene, you must tell her you are going for the Singaporebrides promotion if you are and ask her how much you need to top up for french mani.

tingting

yup, i've already booked my mani & pedi for tomorrow, but may not get serene cos the girl who answered the phone is not sure whether serene will be there at that time..oh well, guess shld be able to trust the others there..
lame.gif

will let you know where i went for PS..still got 1 1/2 days to change my mind
happy.gif

jolin

hi all

i'm back .... hmmm everything turn out fine for me (wedding day)...but it did rain when i m going to my in-laws place but luckily when i got there the rain became smaller liao n oso the HK trip was okie, only the 1st 2 days was raining then a bit hard to shop but i still shop la .... (sinic there liao then dun waste $$$ mah)... so how's your peparation liao ??? kekeee me finally over then can relax liao ....

Hi sept'03
hmmm y dun u try the japanese song (1st love) .. really beri nice n touching leh ... i choosed that for my 1st march in then when i heard the song and with soo many pple standing/clapping hands i nearly cried out leh ....

sept03bride

Hi Jolin,
orr... cos both me and my hubbie wanted some songs that ppl can understand.. u c if i choose a Jap song, i tink my guest will not be able to understand.. so that's y we choose a cantonese song instead
I like the song esp the starting...

Did u go for any outdoor PS on the actual dae?

sept03bride

yah,i 4get to add that the red wine that we choose was nice.
remember we buy 36 bottles, in the end we consumed 33 bottles so in the end, i din return .. kip for my own consumption heehee

aries

hi all Nov brides,

Pls help..
May i know when is the time to make arrangements for the following:

1. Food-tasting
2. Printing of invite cards
3. Selection of wedding favours
4. Selection of wedding decor/centre piece
5. Confirm dinner menu

Apparently, my hotel does not have a lot of initiatives and I have to keep bugging them for the above.

Please help me...I feel that I'm rather behind..and my wed is late november this year.

jolin

hi sept'03

aiya sorry 4get to ask how's ur wedding ??? everything okie?? wow u all consumed 33 bottles har, me only 24 bottles,... can see ur photos ??? which canto song u choose ???

sept03bride

wah u din go for outdoor shoot ahh... good hor...
u know ahh, i din even slp after i checked into the hotel cos i arrange to mit the co-ordinator at 3pm and my helpers at abt 4+

wah u are fast leh...
i haven managed to find time to scan the pics.
wah both u and ur hubbie are so petite leh
so good
happy.gif

u are pretty leh... ur smile is contagious... nice
how abt ur PS pics?did u upload them?

aigee

HI sept'03,

how's ur wedding? actually both of us quite lucky hor.. 17th that day didn't rain during daytime.. subsequently seems like everthing also rain very haevily hor..
happy.gif

mine was ok.. everything went smoothly..
happy.gif

lkf

hi serene (aries)

r u new to this thread? perhaps u wld like to send your details to meow for compilation. hrmm... meow r u around?

not too sure if i can help, but this is wat i understand from my hotel:

1. food tasting - mine will be in Oct (any weekday) if i want it, by giving the hotel a wk's notice in adv. (mine is not FOC, got to pay 50%)

2. Printing of invite cards - hv u collected your cards? think most of us hv already collected our cards n doing the printing at the moment, so i suppose u can start early too.

3. Selection of wedding favours
4. Selection of wedding decor/centrepiece
5. Confirm dinner menu

for item 3 to 5, perhaps u can check with your hotel when they want u to get back to them? mine does but i can't remember the timeframe. my list is at home...paiseh

n dun worry too much. me also not too ahead either
happy.gif

chicory

tingting,

Actually that time i went, serene wasn't the one who attended to me, it was another girl, the youngest looking one. She is quite good too. Don't worry
happy.gif

Ok, do share with me after you have finish your PS
happy.gif
. Pray that you will have good weather on wednesday
happy.gif

jolin

hi sept'03

Kekeee actaully the photos not done by me leh ... my frenz did it for me ... i havent pass the her PS photos .. later okie... remember to let me see ur photos okie...

sept03bride

Hi Jolin,
it went ok well.. but abit rush... imagine we din even managed to take finish the table photos so some tables, we din take pics at all... so rush. Abit pai seh that we din manage to take pics but bo pian loh....
During the morning it was sunnie... so we went to Mt Faber for some morning pics.. then we met some tourist there.. then they took some pics wif us.. interesting and memorable
The canto song that we choose is by Jacky Chung,something name and surname... i duno how to spell out...

Hi irene,
yah boy we were still toking abt how lucky we are all man... the rest of the wk was rainy.... except ours... heehee must thanks our lucky stars.

My AD pics are still wif the photographers... he says he need abt 1wk plus to process
Btw, i'm tinking of how to scan the photo album.. the album pics are big, can they fit into the scanner? or shud i use the small album instead?

putise

wah!! some many of us have booked our honeymoon oredi!!
me too... but mine not for honeymoon, just a short trip after wedding... going to Mauritius for 8D/6N
happy.gif
also booked at Natas travel... for $1850+ per pax
me still determined to go to Europe next Spring... that will be my true HM

hey amore... your hubby works for IDA interior izzit??
happy.gif

sept03bride

need to correct my previous msg cos i tink abit blur
Wat i mean was, the dinner was beri rush. We din hv enuf time to cover all the table shots.

piper

hi tingting,

are there any places which holds very special meaning to you & ur hubby? maybe you'd want to take ur photos there...

also, you may want to bring along any items which are very dear to both of you which u want to include in the album.

For me, we took a photo of my husband's car & ourselves in the car coz the car has lots of sentimental value to us...especially now that he has sold the car away, we are really glad tat we had taken the photo & included it in our album.

Think if u read thru the posting, you'll know tat water is the life saver during PS...& if ur PS is gonna be a whole day affair, better bring some snacks along so tat u won't feel hungry along the way.

Most importantly, relax & enjoy urself & you'll look good in ur photos...
happy.gif

aigee

Hi Sept03 Bride,

wat time u reach hotel? hmmm.. u still go all the way to Mount Faber for photo shots.. is it near your place? the scenery must be very nice...
happy.gif

My AD photographer also say need 1 week plus to 2 weeks to develop the photos...

cubie

I signed up during natas fair and among the 3 it was the lowest price for 8-day NZ South. After deduct $200, price becomes 2138.The itinerary is not wif me. Off-hand, I can rem that it covers Christchurch, Queenstown and Dunedin. It includes 1 night farmstay with a NZ family. Covers Mt Cook too. Optional tour is Milford Sound.

leo29

Feb,

Ya lor... finally! Ai yoh... why said bo bian... should said you smart. Choose wedding date early Nov so honeymoon won't fall on peak period. Clever gal.. really Pei Fu Pei Fu. Yah.. end dec is summer liao but not that hot.

Hi Serene(Aries),
My wedding is on 23rd Nov, below is my my scheduel for your reference.

1. Food-tasting -> Oct 30
2. Printing of invite cards -> In the process of printing. Should be able to collect this week.
3. Selection of wedding favours -> 2-3 weeks b4 wedding.
4. Selection of wedding decor/centre piece -> Had went down to look at their ballroom deco but don't like it. This sat will go down and look at their 3rd deco.
5. Confirm dinner menu-2 weeks b4 my food tasting

sept03bride

Hi Irene,
I reached the hotel abt 1+
cos i wanted to have greenary pics.. so my photographer decided on Mt Faber. it's not realli near my place cos i'm staying at the extreme west... but i tink it shud be worth it. heehee

boo_boo

hihi...
was very bz so din really come in n talk. me also very kan cheong abt the wedding but sigh.... must keep calm so tat i'll be able to finish watever needs to be done rite?
jus settled my printer will be taking the cards to them on sat. need some advice here.. do u gals think it's better to have red or gold wordings on a cream colour card? think will go take a look b4 making the decision.
as for GDL stuff still dunno wat to buy so will do tat later. izzit true tat after the GDL thing we'll have to go distribute the cakes n invitation cards? is GDL same as ti qing? if it is, then me die cos i think i'll only be doing GDL 2 weeks b4 my AD so does tat mean i can only distribute my cakes n cards to relatives 2 weeks b4 AD? or can i distribute first then do GDL? sigh..... so blur...
so nice u gals can meet up cos i cant make it on both days... sigh.... enjoy urselves n dun forget those who can't go k?
now the guest list is another headache. cos me teaching so dunno who i should invite n if i dun invite some of them will they mind if they knw? n the admin clerks dunno if i need to invite all of them. n if i give all of them invitation cards even those who r not tat close, it'll look like i want them to give me ang baos cos once u receive the card u must give ang bao whether or not u r going rite? sigh...... so many things to decide. u gals have any prob here?
sorry for such a long post.. jus need to grumble haha....

bibip

helo matka, wah... got pics to show your nice work or not? hehehe...

i din really organize a hen's nite, cos din hv many gals frens.. just asked my frens for a night's out loh.. went devil's last friday.. had a great time! went to night spots quite a no. of times liao, but nv got guys coming to chat me up... and finally there's one, it happened on my hen's night... kekekeke.... they asked me what industry i'm in.. and i told them i'm a housewife.. and they kept their distance fm then... hahahaha...

helo cath.. i have a contact for you if you dun wish to make one yourself.... let me know if you need it.. okie?

my GDL is last friday.. but i dun have any of the stuff you mention.. as for the tea set, i'm using the set my mum used for her wedding... hehehe... and for my hubby, he using his cousin's one.. so both no box loh...

helo cody aka 1027... wah, so many nicks ah?? so where you having your hen party? i might hv another round this friday...

pris

Hi Leo,
Yap the timing and venue is fine with me.
So we are meeting at the cafe itself, right?

Boo_boo,
NO stress, me also at first very stress but soon everything goes well, but the most tiring part will be going around giving out cards n cakes cos very troublesome have to go up n down to every relatives house.
Normally GDL is done 2 weeks before the AD, and as for cream colour card I think Gold colour wording is nicer and more trendy rather then using red colour cos seems abit out.

meowie

Halo gals, I'm here only think is my PC is down, so i can only post in office. Pardon me till my PC is back okay. If anyone needs to contact me, jus sms me okay?

Booboo,
The cakes are nomally distributed during GDL, mine is also 2weeks before AD.

Min,
At least those minor stuffs can be fixed lah. I wonder if got house warming, will such things happen again to me?

Sweetie,
You sms me on your attendance on friday lor.

baobei

Hi, Sandy,

thank you very much, at least have your here to help and advise me really make me not so "gan cheong"....thanks...

I just finished my PS, hope the result is good...

how abt u? how ur preparations?

aries

Dear all,

Thanks for helping me..ok maybe it's time for me to choose my invite cards also. Mine is tied up with American wedding treasures..any comments on their selection of cards.

By the way. I have not even taken my outdoor photography..ha..ha..I'm real slack..

Thanks..and keep chatting!

serene_sng

Hi gals,

Im sorry... i have to cancel the appt this friday cos forgot got food tasting sianzz... SORRY...

Meow,
I cant pass the flowers to you this friday..how..?

sandgirl72

Hi Girl
u r welcome.. not just me, the rest of the girls will also help U too...

i've already done with PS, now waiting to see the proof. like you, hope that the result will be OK la..

so far, we're in the midst of printing our invitation cards, going for food tasting next Wed, guest list and ang pow list done liao.. how abt you?

tingting

Hi piper,

we used to go Marina, but have grown to be lazy couch potatos..
happy.gif
think i'll check with photographer and see what he suggests. We're fine so long as it's a natural setting.

will stock up on water and snacks!
happy.gif

Hi chicory,

yah, i think will just trust them. Really need your prayers for good weather!
happy.gif

I've got some zits on my face...really shldn't have gone for facial last sunday. Any immediate remedies??

cutiechar

Hi Sandgirl!

Mine was a disaster! it rained whole day!!!!!
sad.gif

my god! we oli managed to go Tanjong Pagar and Millenia which there are places with shelter but enjoy myself and having fun!
But one good thing is that I did not sweat at all and I din even use one piece of tissue paper, so I din bring along any comsetics at all, makeup stays all day long. Din went to the mani/pedi coz mi and my sis share the cost of a package elsewhere so din go there...keekee
I have got my CD rom of the shots liaozz, will send you all the link later back home coz now in office...heez

Hi GIRL!

hows ur PS? issit raining as well? I think I am the unlucky one..
sad.gif

which places you went to?

Hi Chicory!

yeah, Robin not bad oso, he quite friendly and nice I heard.keezz

cheers!

aigee

Sept 03 Bride,

hmmm.. yah.. i thk your photos will turn out v nice..
happy.gif
must remember to share your photots when it's ready ok..
happy.gif

HI vivace, glad to knw that your eys recover in time.. actually few days b4 my wedding, my left eye also red red.. me so worried and stop wearing contact lenses for few days.. the nit's also recover in time...;P

well.. actually some of the changes i still need time to get over is the new bed.. i am not use to sleeping in my new bed.. so have not been able to sleep well
sad.gif
... other things will be trying to establish a new routine loh.. such as when wash clothes,do what after reach home, even my morning routine of washing hair, choosig clothes to wear, drinking coffee, is slightly disrupted.. but i guess will get use to it eventually lah... ;)

chicory

Hi tingting,

sure, will pray for good weather tomorrow
happy.gif

zits ah, i am not very good with cosmetics and facial stuffs, to me, the best is to drink lots of water or herbal tea. how about the rest of the girls, any solutions to cure zits immediately?
happy.gif

Don't worry, i am sure Kelly Chavel will know how to conceal them for you
happy.gif

sept03bride

Hi Vivace,
great to hear dat ur eye recovered liao
happy.gif

Still trying to adjust to married life.Both our life style is slightly different and we are learning to adjust.

Hi Irene,
okie I will..

leo29

This friday(Sept 26) Gathering Update :

Attendance(16 pax) : Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby, Aloevera, Wedsoon, Amore, Ann, Are, Wenz, Min, Ava, Pris.

Venue : Terra Cafe at Bugis Junction

Time : 7-7.30pm

leo29

Gals,

Like to check with you all, during GDL the orange juice that we are going to exchange with the hard liquor is those bottle Soft Drink Orange or Orange Juice syrup(To be mix with water)? Last nite, my mum told me is the Orange Juice syrup but i remember it shld be soft drink orange.