(2003) Brides of year 2003

meowie

Leo,
last year, my sister use F&N orange juice.

Serene,
Guess i need to get from you another day then. Where you work or where you stay?

leo29

Meow,

You mean the soft drink or syrup orange? F&N have both....
sad.gif

baobei

Hi, Sandy,

thanks...wow..u very fast leh..when is ur wedding..i have not even confirm the guest list and also the invitations cards, I have not collected yet.

Can you advise me on the ang pow lise, how shd i go about doing it??

HI, Cutiechar,
hmm....PS is quite fun and the weather is fine on that day..we went to Sentosa and esplanande...really hope the photos turn out well...

putise

amore!!!
i'm rite ah??!!?? then i saw your ah lau last sunday at the home fair at Singapore Expo... i walked past the booth of IDA interior and saw this guy who looks a lot like your ah lau... i kept looking at him and he also look at me back (prob 'coz he's thinking why this crazy girl in pink keeps looking at him :p)

girls... i know you all have posted this before but can someone just remind me what to ask for for GDL for hokkein brides?? i'm having my food tasting tom nite. thanks!!
happy.gif

amore

putise... hehe yup dat's him!... he's in IDA interior... ooh i forgot... my PS pics in Nova hor.... ya he'll be in the exhibition on some weekdays and this coming weekend too... eh I thot ur place okie liao?... still going exhibition?...

putise

serene (aries)...

is your hotel Sheraton?? i'm with Sheraton and also getting my cards from American Wedding Treasures. Have just re-selected my card... they cannot confirm if they have the cards until you choose and they check the stock... so give yourself more time for the whole process
happy.gif

putise

amore...

yeah we looking for my ah lau's parents place... they are also renovating now...
happy.gif

so qiao hor, i shld have gone up to him and asked if he's your hubby... then he'll prob get scared!! hee hee!!

vivace

hi irene & sept 03 bride

me oso hving the same problem as urs, not get use to the new bed and new environment... did't sleep well in past few days... hopefully will get use to it soon...

now, i m waiting for my wedding day photo and video, can't wait to see them, hopefull turn out to be nice... how abt urs?

amerlinelee

hi ladies

i am back after a long absence from this thread....had been super busy!!!! had my GDL yesterday and a real nitemare as we dun drive, imagine moving ard SG with cakes on public transport during peak hour crowds....

another 11 days to the wedding...*panic* help!!!!

besse

This friday(Sept 26) Gathering Update :

Attendance(16 pax) : Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby, Aloevera, Wedsoon, Amore, Ann, Are, Wenz, Min, Ava, Pris.

Venue : Terra Cafe at Bugis Junction, very near 2 the hotel intercontinental from Bugis Junction.
Time : 7-7.30pm

Reservation under my name, Lena.

Please be punctual hor, they gonna give us a more "private" corner at the outside of the restaurant.. and i tried bargainning 2 get a discount.. cheapo hor? *wink*

Meow, can bring the updated contact list so we can hv the mobile no of the novas on hand?

See ya on Fri folks!!!

meowie

Serene,
Guess i need to get it from you on another day. When you going to city area so i can get it from you?

Besse,
I'll try to bring one copy. My harddisk with my friend. All info is with him. Even my guest list
sad.gif

leo29

Meow,

Me work in paya lebar area also. Want me to collect from Serene and pass to you? Hmm.... you are very very close to your this guy friend hor...

leo29

Are,

Don't know lei... my mum said is Orange syrup.... my auntie told her one. My cousin just married last year so my auntie should be very clear. Ai yah... must be my mum blur blur lah, 2nite ask her to confirm again.

besse

Meow

Same guy you went movie with the last time? ;) keke.. k, k, i try print one copy and put in my bag..

Leo,

we using Orange Syrup
happy.gif

besse

Gals

Anyone need to buy wrist corsages? My auntie is making them and selling one at S$6.00. if keen, i can bring a sample and show you all on Fri
happy.gif

liching

Hi Meow, Besse & the rest,

I hope i'm not too late to join the garthering on 26th Fruday?
Sorry for late reply...i've been MIA for quite a while.

liching

Yve,
Was looking @ the ROM pictures in Novas...
Did anyone ever mention tat U & your hubby got "FU Ci Xiang"?
Both of U look very alike!

sg_oc

Hi All,

I am new here. Who should I send my personal data to and wat is the email add? I need help from you gals. I am hokkien and my FH is cantonese, what are the things to buy and do on GDL and AD? Thanks

kopibean

Hi gals,

ME will report there on time!!
so if i reach there early this friday, i report besse name!!
hee....glad to see you gals again!

kerenelu

Hi Cath,

For my GDL, we did not use any red cloth to return the stuff to IL side. We merely put back the things into the big basket brought over by the groom on that day. Initially that basket carry their stuff to gal side. Now we return the things in this basket to guy side
happy.gif

As to box, my mum used back the original box that comes with the tea set.

meowie

Leo,
If possible you help me get from Serene can? I bought my PC from him mah, so got problem, he should help me solve wah.
happy.gif
But he's still the one Besse is talking about.
wink.gif

Serene,
How much is it?

This friday(Sept 26) Gathering Update :

Attendance(16 pax) : Leo, Meow, Besse, Kopibean, Yve, Akira, Putise baby, Aloevera, Wedsoon, Amore, Ann, Are, Wenz, Min, Ava, Pris, DK

Venue : Terra Cafe at Bugis Junction, very near 2 the hotel intercontinental from Bugis Junction.
Time : 7-7.30pm

Reservation under Lena.

Welcome SG,
You can sent your details to me [email protected]
Details include:
Nickname :
2)Real Name :
3)Birthday :
4)ROM date :
5)Actual day :
6)Venue of banquet :
7)Email address :
8)Contact No. :
9)New home location(area) :
10)Name of bridal :
11)Actual Day photographer :
12)Dialet(bride+groom) :

I'm reverse of yours. I'm Canton and he's Hokkien. From what i know, if you need the long feng candles, need to get those with 'legs' rather than those without.

yve

dk, u really MIA for so long leh.. Yeah lah, my hubby and me both got round round face.. ha.. see u this Fri..

Besse, I will print a copy of the list too.. Hmm, the last gathering also on a Fri leh..

are

leo29... then think its ok lah. anyway, its juz for 'returning', guess s long s ur mum is comfortable with watever she was told, then its ok lor.

btw gers, my mum was telling me oso las nite tat need to give ang bao for all young kids (unmarried too), so confirmed wat was previously said lor.

plus, my parents & PIL both said need to give each other angbao on AD, & since my BIL not married, my parents hv to give him one as well. but mum said since AD will be quite messy, shall do tis on GDL.

cath

Hi kk,
thanks for the advice.
happy.gif
As for the ang bao box, it's not necessary to have it. We intend to put one so that guests can easily put the ang bao into the box rather than looking for us to pass it to. Cos the bride may not be around (still in the suite preparing) and only the groom is there during reception.

Hi bibip,
I'll take a look outside and see if I can find the materials to make the corsages. If not, I would probably drop you a mail. thanks so much
happy.gif
happy.gif

serene_sng

hi gals,

leo jie,
where you working?? We see where we can meet.

Meow,
Is ok...not expensive.. and also dun knw buy the right one or not...

Gals,
Check with you guys, that time we say after GDL we cannot go into our bedroom har..?? please advise..? Who is going to food tasting today..?? Can tell me wht to take note...?? Thank you.

sandgirl72

Hi Girl & Piper
My guest list & ang pow list are saved at my hubby's pc. Will ask him to send the file to me tonight then i will try to forward to both of U.

putise

me me!!
i'm going for food tasting today and to talk abt the items for GDL...
PLEASE give me advice on what to ask for from the guy side... me hokkein
happy.gif

THANKS!!!

serene_sng

putise baby,

me also hokkien... but my parents are very easy.. we also dont knw wht to ask...me tml then GDL..
You must let me knw wht to take note abt the food tasting hor...

are

serene... we did hear tat not suppose to go into the rm aft an chuang, but my mum wants me to hang up my new clothes, & display the GDL things. since my an chuang is on the same day as GDL, my MIL hv allowed us to still go in & arrange things, but cannot touch the bed.

as for food tasting, juz see if u like the dishes lor. for me, we felt tat there weren't any deep fried item, so we changed the herbal chicken to deep fried chicken.

leo29

Besse,

So I'm not the odd one out... i mean the orange syrup.

Serene,

My work place is at Tai Seng Ave. How about you? Can SMS me your address? I can just pop by your work place to get the things from you since i drive.

Not after GDL cannot enter our room but after An Chuang. That time shirlynn make a mistake becos her GDL and An Chuang fall on the same day.

leo29

Putise,

You can refer to my early posting i think on Sept 15, I did list out a list of GDL items after our parents meet up on Sept 14. The list is not with me now...

Are,

Who is the 'each other' that you are refering to? How come the AB to your brother is from your mum? Suppose to be from you mah. It symbolise that you are adult now so can give your brother AB. Your parents & PIL just need to give AB to the brothers and Ah Yees.

jolin

hi vivace

yayayay i did a lot of shopping .. kekeeee although 1st 2 days raining, we still shop lor (dun care!!!) .... ... then luckily the last 3 days the weather was good ... so how's ur wedding ???

are

leo29... they discussed during ti qing tat the parents need to give each other ang baos - i.e. my parents giv 2 to my PILs, and vice versa. but my parents oso need to giv my BIL cos he unmarried.

abt the ABs for ah yees + drivers, we will be giving our own, my mum giv hers, not sure abt my MIL tho.

serene/leo29... i'm working at SPC, need my help?