(2003) Brides of year 2003

cheers

hi wenz,

according to eric, a normal non-wool suit costs $400. you can find cheaper ones elsewhere, but that's his rate, when i tried to bargain with him for my brother's suit. he's a very nice chap.

hi all,

regarding GDL stuff, you can go to the "guo da li" thread, i'd posted lotsa GDL-related things there..
2 long & 2 feng candles are to be given on GDL day. bride's side keep the 2 long, and return 2 feng to the groom's side. on AD, groom's parents will light up the 2 feng candles b4 he leave the house, and slightly b4 the groom arrives at the bride's place, her parents will light the 2 long candles.

si dian jin will be given on GDL too, other MILs prefer to give on AD tea ceremony, so that can show off to her relatives.
if groom side giving tables to the bride, then the ping jin is only yi4 si4 yi1 si4, mine will be $99 (x2 packets), my mum will return 1 pkt. some pple ask for a few thousands and only keep $88 or a few hundreds, and return the rest.

wendyl

hi mickey

my ps over liao,also went to sentoso,but album will be ready in Sept,still have not received my bs call yet.so in the meantiome,will go n get Jia zhuang.u?

i din have any dinner,cos my parent do not wan ....u leh?

micky_m

Hi Chicory

Thank you..but i feel that i need to work hard on the arms.
Actually i decide for very long then go for the biniki shoot. Lucky turn out to be not bad.

micky_m

Hi Wendyl

Oh so same PS place
happy.gif
remember to share with me your photos when they are ready ok.

Wao good leh.. save all the trouble... no dinner..

I havent do anything yet still waiting for my hotel co-ordinator to call me.
Mine is at Crown Prince.

starmiffmel

hello girls...

cos i will be having my gf as my mcee...
do u all have any speech..she dont know wat to say... took me a long time to persuade her..
any lobang??

leo29

Grace,

You can get it from your hotel, they should have. You just need to amend or add in the speech if you find it too short or too simple

besse

Hi wedsoon

ahaha.. we may even bump into each other in US hor ;) .. not planned itinerary yet, but will fly to LA first.. wanna go to 6 flags. ;)

So you doing PS?? GOOD LUCK, weather will be great, don worry!!! i will oni see my picts next tuesday.. let you know how it turns out..

Wenz..

you should go for the loft suite.. i did my PS there, think there'll be nice unique angles you can capture.. one reason why i booked with fullerton is becos of he suite, so die die must take the pict there .. won regret one!!

Leo

Hmm.. yet decided, don think will go for wood, cos we both love fabric sofa.. still looking ard.. like wat i said, worse case, we custom made. still have 1 pendent light for dining and 2 wall lamps for bedroom not yet settle.. rest of the functional lights bought liaoz. now oni waiting for carpentry to be in..

Meow

Thanks for helping to arrange for indulge.. anyway, glad the paint job went fine.. hehe.. u super fast in your preps le.. i still dilly dallying.. hmm.. sian.. not much mood..

Yve, how come your banquet so giam one.. you squeeze them for more invites la.

besse

Hi Grace

Here's a sample with the china script in as well. your MC should personalise and add to the script .. hope it helps

besse

oops.. the Emcee script is not up.. cos exceeded 50KB.. hmm.. seemed like must post in nova.. get it from there k?

yve

Besse, u think i sell sugar cane juice one uh?? Squeeze my banquet?? hahaha...

Grace, my banquet also got give me sample MC speech.. but only english, i think..

r u brides or hubbies gng to make speech?? i think both hubby and I not gng to make speech.. just scared of the 2 MCs saboing us on stage.. so pai seh

wenz

Hi Yve
70 extra cards. Definitely sufficient. Are you printing on the card or insert?

We booked 30 tables. But think will increase cos FIL wants to invite more relatives. Initially, husband wants to print only what is given but after I told him about reprinting cost, decided to print more. Luckily mine is printing on insert. For those extra copies, use printer paper instead of hotel paper. They charge me $0.10 per piece. Cheaper than hotel as they charge $1.50 for the card.

yve

wenz, I am printing the inserts too. I cannot replaced with own printer paper for the cards lor. Not nice to give different cards to pple. So if 168 is not enough, will buy from hotel..

Hee, i also called up my nail place to reserve on 31 Oct leow.. agar the time to be around 4pm.. what will we be doing the day before?? collect gowns, flowers.. and?

Gng to be ah yi for my gf on 19 Sep.. but booked mani and pedi at nailworks. They have promotion. Collect 3 HL milk coupons, get 10 off the mani or pedi.

feb

Meow

Really meh...Must choose 5 songs for those who engage Daniel service. I already got headache hunting for the three songs liao - 2 march in and 1 food presentation. Now still want to hunt two more..But hor my oriental hotel the aisle already so short...is there a need to play so many songs?? Think by the time reach the stage liao, my first song still have not finish the first sentence..
sad.gif

bibip

helo serene... so how's your preparations coming along... our weddings next month liao!! very fast!! hehehe...

helo kor.. actually it's some experience passed on by my friends.. for my case, m hotel ballrm can only cater 32 tables, but i'm inviting 330 guests.. i'm sure those that dun turn up wun be more than 30 but def more than 10 rite? if i'm rite and the rest of the 20 guests din turn up, then i just dun hv to open up the reserve tables loh... simple as that... hubby confident of attendance on his side, mum confident too.. for me, not too confident, so of the 4 tables i have, i invited 44 persons, 2 already tell me they can't make it, so the other 2, if they do turn up.. squeeze a bit loh... now i'm not so worried about ppl not turning up, i'm more worried bout too many ppl turn up, no pl to sit... hubby kept getting me to write invites to ppl he sure not attending... but what if?! haiz, if it really happens, then i may hv to gif up my own seats liao.. hahahah... hope it wun happen..

you mean to say that you have a total of 26 tables inclusive of 2 reserve? but how many ppl you inviting? RSVP liao?? you have already confirm 24+2 tables, so you can't confirm lesser.. for your case, it's rather fixed liao, including the invitation list.. so now, it's better to pray that those who say will come will turn up loh...

and for the seatings.. get a good usher who will be able to arrange seatings for you... i'm sure you have a list of who's sitting where liao rite? so in case any of the tables only got few ppl, up till the point where dinner gg to start soon, get your usher to quickly squeeze them to other seats... try not to open up your reserve tables too soon... esp not for 2 or 3 guests... quite wasted leh... try to get 10 in a table... but make sure your usher is someone who is decisive and quick to act... before the wedding, get all your helpers out and delegate your duties well... so on the day itself, rest, relax and look pretty can liao... let the others do the job!!

meowie

Feb, that's what i heard from Shirlynn. She warn me to prepare 5 songs as what Daniel told her 5days before her actual day. Well you don't have to play the music right from the start. From the middle also can

Besse,
Today they finally finish install the lights. Now will need to touch a little here and there. Tomorrow if everything goes on smoothly, we'll have the foyer floor up.
happy.gif

Grace, you finally got your nick liao. Yipee.... Eh, i think i have copy a copy of speech from Daniel's. I try to sent it to you tomorrow or latest by end of this week k??

meowie

Leo, yeah they can provide you. But my one only have Kitaro, so i'll choose them myself. Kitaro leh, was once famous 10yrs back but not now.

leo29

Meow,

Yayaya.... Kitaro was the song that the hotel I used to work used when I was working part time 10 years back. Your restaurant allow you to change? Some of them don't allow becos they afraid their staffs will Ga Lang Ga Bo. For me, I will just choose 2 songs.

feb

Hi Meow n Leo

Tat time Daniel told me is ok if I only got two songs leh..so i never even bother to find anymore...

Yap..My hotel also allow us to choose our food presentation song..

kopibean

leo,
i have collected my cards but not yet send for printing....
and got enquire abt T-dragon costs, cos i hiao lah ...wan to print photo as the backgrd for insert...hee...so total ard $290 plus...i'm printing ard 257 cards....a lot siah...

yve,
btw, did jasvy print photo on backgrd?
they r also one of the printers provided by my hotel...

meow n feb,
wow...must choose the dish song also har??thut provided by hotel unless the couple dun wan the song by hotel then we let them koe our song for the presentation dish???

sweetie

Hi gals!
I started my new job on Monday and I am so so busy! And I will be flying to Guang Zhou next Wednesday. Probably will bring my cards to print this sat. Scared no time! Alamak! no idea with songs yet. Both parents met last saturday, happy session...phew! One load off.

meowie

kopibean, i think you better check with your hotel the songs they use and see if you like them or not lor. If dun like, still have time to choose

Feb, i think its up to you. If Daniel say needs 5 songs, then it'll still depends on whether you still want to stick with your own choice.

liching

Si Dian Jing is given on the GDL day...from the FIL to the bride but it is only for the Teochews traditionally. Brides' Mom will give her daughter "Jia Chuang"...

AS for the AD tea cremony, the MIL usually will given the DIL a bangle or bracelet...(symbolise -locking her or something)...The groom will get a ring or chain form the brides' Mom (also symbolise something like ...cannot run away...)

Ayyah! All this is really waste of $$$$. Your might end up getting those "Long Feng Zhow" or those big coin pandent with a gold chain..Hee!
I praying hard tat my FIL dun get it....They are in the 70s & 80s so high chances of recieving such things during Yam Cha.

liching

Oh! Be careful not the break the "Long & Feng" Red candles....They are pretty long so rather hard to hard.
Big trouble it there're broken..

liching

Wen,
The red lamp is for you to groom hse or your hse...."Dang" sounds like "Ding" so your must "Tian Ding"...(symbolise giving birth to a boy = ding)

Long Feng Zhu .....i think the grrom will bring the 2 "Long Zhu" to your side & you got the return the 2 "Feng Zhu"
(Symbolise = "Fang Long...Fang Feng")

are

hi all... in case you dun already noe...

Philips Carnival Sale
13-14 Sep 03, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm at Philips Electronics Singapore 620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh

Don't miss this chance to grab superior products at incredible prices. You will be spoilt for choice from a wide variety of quality products from TVs, Audio Systems, DVD Players, VCRs, Radio Cassette Recorders, Multi Media Projectors, PC Monitors, PC Speakers, Light Bulbs, Shavers, Hairdryers, Iron, Vacuum Cleaners, Toasters, Juicers, Kettles, Blenders, Mobile Phones,
Long Range Digital Cordless(DECT) Phones, Cordless Phone Accessories...

What's more, we have a 0% interest free installment plan.

leo29

Kopi,

How come you never let your card supplier print for you? When we are at T dragon, those cards that had photos on caught our eyes. Hubby want to make this type of cards but when I know the price, I stop him…. Not cheap lei, one cost $6(Color) and the other one cost $1.5(Brown), some more haven’t included printing. Xia Si Ren lei! We need to print around 300pcs, it will cost us a bomb. But… if we still can’t find the card we like, I think this will be our last choice. Will be going to Jasvy and have a look.

Meow,

My mum said the Long Feng Zhu is from guy's side and to be given to us on GDL. We will keep the Long Zhu and return the Feng Zhu.

Haiz...., have to buy another bedsheet. My mum insist me to buy a red/pink color bedsheet. Me lah backside itchy, tot as long the quilt cover is red is ok but who's know the bedsheet must be red also, my is grey color.

sept03bride

Hi Nicloe,
thanks for the wine supplier advise.
I blew my budget, i got my wine priced at $22 cos i tink it tasted good....
initially was oni planning to get something for $15 haiz.... bo pian

meowie

Morning gals,

Leo, i think so. Cos i see the guys bring 2 pairs of candles over, so we jus light up the long and return the feng then.

meowie

DK,
your gowns are very beautiful especially the WG. The accessories suit you well too. Sorry, can't see your bouquet very well, may i know what flower is that? How come so fast can see the outlook of the AD bouquet already huh?

leo29

Meow... you still haven't wake up har! Afternoon liao lei not morning. You are wrong on the candles issue again. Procedure is... Groom will bring the 2 pairs of candles to bride house during GDL/Xia Ping. Bride side will return the Feng candles to groom side. We suppose to keep the candles until our AD. During AD groom side will light up the candles before he left home and bride side will light up the candle before/when groom arrive. Ai yoh.... really still sleeping lei

DK...., I like the embriodary on your gowns. Really very nice, especially the WG tail.

starmiffmel

hello...

leo, mine is a restaurant..they dont provide the script.

besse, thanks so much.. really appreciate.

meow.. yah yah finally got my nick so that i can post..heheheh

are, i want to go buy cordless phone..thanks for the info on philips sale.. are u going?

meowie

Leo, dun like that lah. Me was on night shift yesterday. So you can see my posting can go all the way to 1am. Yesterday sleep only at 230am then wakeup again at 6am. Well disturb by phone call mah. Then after briefing the guys, rush back home to bath, then rush down to my new place to look at them lay my foyer tiles. Pebble wash will be done on tomorrow or saturday. So to me, its still morning mah.
blush.gif

Okay think i still haven't wakeup, mind still very sleepy, will shake my brain to absorb the things in.

Grace, you want to buy that Philips dect phone right?? But is the signal strength really reliable or not? What if like what others say, signal can't pass thru walls??

starmiffmel

besse, let me know when you post it up in nova... me just check,din see it.. thanks alot ..

meow..send to my yahoo email. the one at yorkieplace no more.
thanks thanks...

meowie

Grace, Oh shit, i've jus sent it to the yorkieplace. But hor, i dun have the yahoo email leh. Not in Database nor in my bride list. You let me know then i sent to you again.

leo29

Meow,

I see... You sleep so little no wonder you so skinny. So your house going to complete soon huh... happy rite.

jolin

hi sept'03 bride..

Hi nicole here (i changed my user name liao)... Wow ur wine soo exp har ??? how many bottles u order ??? is it from that supplier or others ??

kopibean

leo,
i am goin to let either T-dragon or jasvy print my cards as they r the suppliers provided..alamak..me toking abt the inserts..think u misunderstand me?hee

yve,
no prob. I will call them up n ask!thanks a lot!

meow,
thanks for ur advise!!will call up my coordinator soon and chk wif her!

DK,
wow!!ur gowns r realli gd esp the embrodiery..so detailed!!!looking forward to ur ps photos!!!

leo29

Are you gals going for mani/pedi the day before our wedding? Just wonder.... will we be busy on the day before.

sept03bride

Hi Nicloe,
yalor i oso tink
but during the wine tasting, i tot it tasted good so thats y i decided to splurge abit lor.
I bought a total of 36 bottles... on consignment basis. Nope not from the supplier that u have given me.