(2003) Brides of year 2003

eileen

Hi Abrinas

I do have the contact. From your meeting with them, u think they r gd? Their working hrs are pretty rigid that I cant seem to find a suitable time to go down and see them..hiazz...Anyway, are their customised designs nice? I maybe thinking to customise the cards..and most importantly, are they cheap??

vivace

hi everyone,

juz to update my wedding progress...
proud.gif

I hv juz sign up with Eric, a partner of Alan, for my wedding day photo- and video-grapher. Wooo... such a release...
bounce.gif

regarding to the recent SARS news,
sad.gif
do you worry abt the attendence?

maro

hi 1027,

Can i know where u got the corset? How does it look like? How much is it? Would like to get 1 to push up my bust. :) Is corset better or those low back strapless bra better?
Please advice.

Thanks

T

tealeaf1

hi all, wen and besse,

i am also having my wedding in fullerton on 1st nov 2003..

wen,
it is a good date for 1st nov 2003?

glad to see you all online!! keep me updated!
happy.gif

abrinas

Hi eileen

Ya, agree with u, hrs r rigid. My FH took leave n it's my off day. Don't know if you consider them cheap cos i did not go to any other printers to compare prices. me lazy
lame.gif
Of cos, customized is definitely more ex than the designs given by the hotel. For eg, my church ones r more ex than the dinner ones if you know what i mean. My cards, i printed 250, cost me approx $168 (incl main card - 1 extra metal plate cos i printed a cartoony pic, inserts .. eng/chi standard ivory paper, strings, envelopes .. think this is abt it). My church ones cost me approx $292 which is the metal plate for 300 pcs n 50 envelopes, silver color. Those who print using their photos even more ex but don't know how much more. My mum n PILs do not like the idea of our faces on the cards.

Y

yi

hi flowee,

yap, I have booked for my europe tour for june.
departing on 05 june (if nothing goes wrong).
happy.gif

btw, i have got my little cookie back for more
than a week liao and she is happily roaming our
love nest.
happy.gif

hi taddess,

i'm departing in june too!
happy.gif

hi elaine,

hows your wedding?
now you and me, both are officially Mrs XXX liao.
happy.gif

tats nice u finali booked ur europe trip...
but no departure date yet???
preferabli u r headin 4 ur trip in which mth???

meekoo

hi shook

which staff from WL u had spoken with? remember to show us your photos okie.

my fridge the door opening on the wrong side! got to wait for the people to come down and change it... thus now no fridge no cold drinks and ice-cream!

i been receiving stress from my close relatives about the guo da li and wedding stuff... saying if the SARS is still so bad ask me to consider postponed the dinner and me also afraid it might affect my guests attendence.

when you guo da li? mine on 2/5 and my wedding is 8/5 very rush... so it is true that the bride cannot see the groom a day before the wedding?

wen

Hi tealeaf1,
Welcome! Who is your coordinator? mine is Thomas. So happpy that you are also a fullerton bride. Besse is one day after you on 2 Nov? Besse, am I right?

Not sure if good date. For me, I am not that particular. At first, I wanted 12 Dec Friday but FIL is v particular about such things so he ask shi fu if that is a good day for us. In the end, he came back w three other dates n we have to follow.

Btw, have you decided on your gown and photography?

naturally

Hi tingting,
so did u manage to find that song? If u follow closely at the credits at the end of each episode, u shd be able to see the title of the song. If i do get home early these days (am trying not to stay out too late... SARS phobia lah...), will help to check for u!
happy.gif

Feels good to settle another item, right? Wat abt the bridal package, thot u like Dang a lot? Hmm... Mrs Quake is not very active lately, else she can give u more updates on Dang...

shook

Hihi May
Nothing your company does is worth getting hurt for. Dun let them force u to go. U signed an employment contract, not a mai sheng qi.
My parents wanna go Shanghai n a few places in China ard my honeymoon time. I told them dun. They dun listen. Now dat there r more n more SARs cases in China they got worried.

Hihi Kare
U oso signed up wif Tradewind for your honeymoon?

Hihi Pausini
U r right. My company has firewall. Oso not allowed to download softwares. So I can't download songs as u advised. I forwarded your message to my hubby. Thanks
Below is the advice from my emcee with regards to montage presentation
"if you want to do a montage presentation, two things
you have to watch out for. if your montage is such
that i have to sit the guests down, make an
announcement for it and then after watching it, you
guys march in,then it is very important that the
montage be very inetersting. interesting meaning that
you have nice and cute photos in it. but it must never
be studio shoots photo. the reason is because when i
announce it, the guests will look forward to something
interesting and if its only studio shoots, then it
will be boring for them.

if you want to do studion shoots photos as montage,
then do it by showing it in the ballroom when guests
are coming in. then you can just repeat the montage.
when the guests sit at their table waiting, they can
either chat with friends or just watch the studio
shots montage.

usually if the montage is done with me announcing it,
i always strongly advinse couples to make it very
interesting. of course the most inetersting will be
the video recording of the groom going to fetch the
bride and if the video man can catch a lot of funny
moments, even better."
Dequote
I told my make-up artist who is oso the chief designer of White Link dat my mum doesn't like the gowns. She sort of not happy abt it n asked y din my mum voiced it out on dat day I selected my gown.

meow

Shirlynn,
For the top up, i'm not very sure. Its about that lor. But is that only for the wedding highlights or only the timeline or both? Else what about taking his $1880 package instead?

Could you help me by finding the diff for both laminate and postform before i confirm the material to us for my kitchen cabinates? Thanks!

tingting

hi naturally,

i tried to notice it, but can't seem to see the name of the song..only the singer and composer..will squint my eyes again tonite.. :p

i do like Dang a lot, but J&M's package is so much more attractive price-wise. Somemore my friends who went there recommend the shop to me...so i'm in a dilemma...at $3k, it includes car, suits for parents and more photos which Dang, at $4k, doesn't provide. So there's a price difference of about $2k.

erin

hi naturally,

have u settled on kc from greymatters as ur actual day photographer? Which package did u take?

tingting,
i love that song too but couldn't catch the credits at the end. Glad that u managed to find ur actual day photographer.

maro: if its strictly for push-up effect, the low back strapless bra is better.

if you need to compress the tummy and stomach, the corset is better. The corset looks like a piece of stiff cloth wrapped around your waist and upper hip. It sits directly below your breasts, so the corset does not provide any push up effect.

(Unless of course you buy those corsets that come with bra cups. Those with bra cups all tend to have a higher back ie cannot be worn with low back dress.)

The corset i got was $64 from Wacoal (Robinsons or any other major departmental stores). The low back strapless bra was also the same price (avail from Triumph and Wacoal).

FYI: Marks and spencer do NOT have any corsets nor low back strapless bras.

besse

Shirlynn..

You may wanna check out Triston Yeo as your actual day photographer.. he's the guy i've signed up with.. and he's flexible in helping you prep a simple actual day photo presentation at no additional cost at all !! (one of the reasons why i signed with him too!) If you are keen, you gimme a call, i can pass you his no... (p.s. Triston's portfolio incl Zoe Tay's wedding, and he;ll be doing Andrea de Cruz wedding) And one more good thing.. his pkg includes 300 4r prints, and any subsequent prints will be at S$0.50 each only, instead of the per roll charged by the other photographers... all in all is a v good deal!

wen..

Hihi.. TY is nice too!!
happy.gif
Yeah, i am quite sure i won't regret signing with TWP..
happy.gif
excited and looking forward to doing the designing of my WG and EG this week!!

We signed with Andrew Choi for the studio and outdoor. you?

HPL house is in orchard.. you know where Hard Rock cafe is??? it;s just there!

Tealeaf!
Welc to the thread! hehe.. so i will see you in Fullerton on the 2nd k?! pop down on your 2nd day stay to say hi hor!? ;)

meow

Hi tealeaf1,
Welcome to this happening tread, would you like to sent your details to [email protected]? We have quite a number of brides who's date is on 1st of Nov.
Details:
1)Nickname
2)Real name
3)ROM date
4)Actual date
5)Birthdate(DD/MM/YY)
6)email address
7)Bridal boutique
8)Actual day photographer
9)Photoshoot date
10)Dialect of bride & groom
11)Venue of banquet
12)Contact No.
13)new home add(area)

shook

Hihi Meekoo

I spoke to Irene.

It is human nature dat your relatives r worried of the SARs thing.

My guo da li is 1st May, my wedding on 11th May. I oreadi find it too close, wow yours even closer to your big day. Ya my mum told me not to meet my hubby the day b4 our wedding. My cousin wz wif her hubby till 2am on her big day. All depends on both side parents whether they insist on tis or not

pausini

Shook: Quite true for the 1st part but imagine those who are late and not able to see ur album in time. it would be good to review it again but a little will do, not the whole album. video is definite an good idea but it is very time consuming to intergrate it into the montage. U have to get someone to take digital video like in AVI format and u may need time to do editing of the video and insert it into the montage.
Montage need timing for the song and have to coordinate the song and the slides and video well to give the best effect. Infact, Powerpt will not be that great for that. sometime the timing will run a bit. if can used Flash better. anyway, it is really up to u. just my 1 cent of advise.

Why WL like that! i also keep change my EG but they say nothing. Cos i dun look nice on the EG that i took for my PS and i took them i wanna change and they agree. Have u made all ur payment?

T

tealeaf1

hi meow and everyone!

thanks for the warm welcome@!!

meow,
will sent my details to you soon
happy.gif
!!

maro

hi 1027,

I don't need to compress much.. but if possible also like to compress any tummy or stomach.
Wacoal ones better or triumph?
I think my gowns not very low back.. so u think corset better or low back bra?

J

jan2003

All: Very upset. I got problem with guests now. Quite a number of them from HK and Aussie not turning up because of SARS.

Jazz: I also very sian with all these things happening now. i want to go on honeymoon.
sad.gif
you mean you planning to abort honeymoon? i thought you already paid for your tickets??? alternative for dinner? i cannot, i still have to go ahead with it and just pray that people turn up after all. already spend too much money. oh no. don't like the fact that your bed is out. wedding not even over yet why like that...... i know how you feel. my sis waiting to get the double decker bed out. in fact, sunday when the garang guni man came, she waited just to ask him want to buy or not. so sian. then my brother and sis argueing to swop rooms. so sian. i am really tired.

May: if can don't go but sometimes i also know no choice. got to think of rice bowl. i got so many instalment plans to service, i really cannot afford to lose job. sigh. worry about turnout for dinner too. sigh. think morale very low. since now so near to our wedding then this stupid SARS still on then got war, got to worry about honeymoon. sian.

flowee

gd mon evenin ladies

yi

u muz b lookin 4ward 2 ur HM @ europe...
hope tat the war wld hv ended then...
the war n the SARS is makin the world all in a mess...

u mean u took u back 4 gd???
reali???
coool!!!!
so happi 4 u n her...
next time if possible can brin her 2 play with summer n onyx liao...
happy.gif

2nd apr is onyx's 2nd bdaz...

popples

congrates 4 becomin mrs xxx...
happy.gif

enjoy ur HM...

naturally

Tingting,
okie, but more imptly do u like the gowns and photos at J&M? Cos if u don't, then it's no use no matter how cheap the package is... just my personal opinions lah... But if u feel that the gowns and photos are alrite, then go ahead and take it up, it's quite a bargain!
happy.gif
Though i personally feel that for a working couple, $2K can be saved in just a matter of a few months, but of cos u must also work out your sums carefully, and got to budget enuf for the new house too!
happy.gif

erin,
If i really engage KC, i will opt for the $800 package, the one with the small non-laminated photobook. How abt u? See how lah, if we still have spare cash after our reno, will consider him! Meanwhile have booked him tentatively (he says no need deposit, such a nice guy eh?) Btw, u know he's getting married in Jun? Just some "bagua" news, heehee!
happy.gif

meekoo

hi jan

can c u really sian. me too. do all newly couples is tied up with all instalment plan? i felt very uncomfortable but no choice. who ask my hubby not from rich family...

me also have relative from HK... starting to get worry too... hope the SARS will be gone soon.

hi shook

try me have your good news after changing the WG!

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Jus want to check if you guys get any MCs on your actual day or use your hotel MCs...?? Please advise as well as wht i am missing out!???

Meow,
Can i know why u guys going to Arab st for?
U have prepared your ang pow box??? Wow... really fast leh... I long time didnt see clyne in the forum.. any ideas??

chicory

Hi Tingting,

In one of the episodes where Candy's dad dedicated the song to her, i heard the dj said the song title is "Hua Yang Nian Hua" but i am not sure if that is the real title. You might want to check if there is this title track in her albums. So good, you have settled yet one more item, for me, so far all are tentative bookings. Sigh, me too in dilemma over the bridal package between Dang and Jawn. J&M uses in-house photographers? It is really a bargain which bridal shops such as Dang and Jawn can't give. You took the digital package with sample prints and CD-Rom return from Sok Eng?

cat

Hi gals,

Ya, me also very xian. Am also afraid that dinner attendance no good. Hope the SARS thing will be over really really soon.
Can you imagine we are all actually looking forward to our wedding in May and all these things (War & SARS)come along.
Was thinking of going to Europe for long holiday, but my boss did not approve our leave (me & FH are colleage)Otherwise we would have booked our honeymoon. Looks like we have to postpone till???

May-Your company don't have the rite to force you to go China now. Knowing this is something very serious they should understand and further more your wedding is round the corner.

shirlynn

Meow,

For the $1500 package... is Nick going to help you to prepare a projector show presentation during your wedding dinner?? I think its very special and nice to be able to let your friends and relatives to see ( those not available in the day time ) what they missed out..

Check out the difference in pricing which your contractor is offering to you...If postform ( laminate material being pressed to the planks using machine, l do not exceed your budget and you like it.. then just have it. If budget constraint, then choose laminate and trimings.. it will prevent the end from peeling off easily. ( laminate being glue to the planks ).

BTW, if you want, you can give what this contractor is quoting you to other contractors w/o of the pricing and compare the offers..

Besse,

Can you e-mail me his quotation?? Thanks!!

erin

hi ting ting,
about to book kc as my actual day photographer.

hi naturally,
din know can book him tentatively. really like his photo book. if i book him, most prob will get the same package as what u planned. me now looking for resale flat so with reno everything, budget's gonna be very tight.

D

dk

Wen & Besse,
Sori to reply so late....
Yeap, HPL house is in the same building as Hard Rock Cafe. It's near the Forum Shopping centre behind Orchard Parade.
Shanghai Tang took up the space which was previously the G.Armani boutique.

tingting

thanks gals! tried to look out for the song name at the end of the show today, but din see it.

naturally: that's what my bf says too!
happy.gif
guess i got to relook at the budget. I already like most of the OTR gowns at Dang, so I'm assured that the gowns will be nice. but at J&M the gowns i saw had something lacking, e.g. like embroidery but not neckline etc...so must admit that the risk is there...

chicory: yup, i took the $1000 package from sok eng, which is the digital package with prints, highlight album and CD-rom. Chose her over Yew Kwang bcos I find that i can communicate better with her. Her package seems more expensive than KC, which is $800? but i like sok eng's easy going attitude..she doesn't mind going to my house earlier at no extra charge, and she is also easy with the number of hours she has to put in on the day. I'll be having tea ceremony, church and dinner, so it's easily 15 hours that she has to put in.. I also like her highlights album..simple and sweet, yet with a special touch. (Yew Kwang only has the normal album.) If you haven't confirmed ur actual day photographer, you may want to consider her.

Does anyone know if Photospace returns all proof prints and digital negatives in CD-ROM? I know he does that for his tie-up with Le Galleria, but not sure if it's the same with Dang. How about Robin Photography and The Edge?

meow

Shirlynn,
you mean the highlights that happen on the day? I can if i want to. Jus top up $50 for express service, cos mine got rebate since i took his ROM package.
Thanks!

Serene,
My emcee is Daniel from the forum here. I ask him for help.
happy.gif

Oh Arab st huh?? See lah, you miss our secrect mission while we discuss that night...aiya, i try to organise an outing for those who want to buy material for their wrist corsage. Then find another day to make them. I've already prepare mine liao. But haven't start yet, they have seen it already, not nicely done thou
blush.gif

Ang bao box i bought in Thai from my previous trip, same as my wrist corsage flowers.
happy.gif

Believe you can find her through email if it's urgent
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi flowee,

yap, i'm really looking forward to my HM.
my package includes visit to cities like italy, monaco, france, switzerland, germany, netherlands, belgium and united kingdom.
happy.gif

agree with u 100% on the war and sars matter!
sad.gif

yap, took my little cookie back for good liao.
shez really well-behaved, never barks since the day she returns home.
happy.gif

she has grew a bit liao and after her vaccination next week, she can finally go out liao. keke
my in-laws and sil came to see her just now.
she is overjoyed and comfortable with guests.
my FIL likes her alot too.
happy.gif

sure, can let her meet summer and onxy.
happy.gif

Cookie is a nov baby like mike and I, her birthday is 18 nov.
happy.gif

besse

Shirlynn

Ok.. will forward to you his quote later...

Tealeaf1

See, told you they are a nice bunch.. this thread is wonderfully happening ;)

DK

No prob.. so how's the bridal shopping?

Serene

Should get a good fren to be your MC. Me have not planned to that stage yet. If your fren has no experience, you can contact Epsilon/Daniel from the free MC thread for him to offer some tips to your fren. I was asked by two of my frens to host their weddings for them end last yr and met up with Daniel for some professional Advice.. he has been great!!

As for Ang Bao box, me getting it from my hotel. they do provide a simple one.. just have not seen it yet!

naturally

Tingting,

He does?? I thot photospace will return all proof prints but only selected digital pics in cd-rom?

U mean your bf does not object to u taking a more expensive package like Dang?
happy.gif
Or alternatively, u could choose a MTM package at J&M, since u couldn't find your perfect gown? Is that still cheaper than Dang's OTR?
happy.gif

Think the female photographers have good points too... usually their pics turn out soft and sweet, like Mabel Lee and Sok Eng. Somehow they can add that feminine touch to the pics!
happy.gif
Hmm.. i think KC may be charging a bit higher, if u really want to compare, cos the $800 package that erin and I are considering, comes with only a small 19x13cm, 60-page, non-laminated magazine book, whereas i presume Sok Eng's highlights album is bigger?

Chicory,
hi!
happy.gif
I like Jawn's gowns a lot too! So romantic and diff from other bridals... but hubby don't seem to like leh, so no choice, since he is the one i'm wearing the gown for, i better choose something he likes lor!
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Pausini
Wow, u really expert in IT. I ask my hubby if he has Flash. He juz pick up PowerPoint last sun
crazy.gif

Think White Link staff r impatient n bz oriented. But there r a few who r v professional n customer service oriented. Dat's y I v envy of u gals get to try on so many gowns, took such a long time per fitting n allowed to take pictures of your gowns.

Hihi Jan
Actually it is better dat your HK guests dun want to come for your wedding. Then your other guests won't feel scared.
Hopefully SARs will b under control by May. There is no new case yesterday despite 1 death reported.

Hihi Meekoo
Ya right. We dun have a rich husband so gotta work lor. My hubby said he love to let me stay @ home if he is rich enough. Well now the economy is so bad, it is better to have both parties working.

Hihi Cat
My boss oso doesn't allow me to take long holiday. Initially he said I can go as long as I like. Bull shit!! Then he served the ball to my court n said dat bcoz I din train a back up. Find dat very difficult since my back up is oso doing mgt reporting. Both runs concurrently. And, if one is really not ard, how do the other one runs both function?
I took up a 12 day package in the n. U go for a shorter honeymoon lor.

erin

hi ting ting,
what do u mean by the highlights album? Is it something like the storybook (photo collage with some quotations)?

Do u have sok eng's package details with u? if yes, can email me at [email protected]? would appreciate it.

shirlynn

Hi Meow,

Good hor.. So bad that I never think of engaging a photographer for my ROM.

If it is just $50.. then you should take it up... I saw the way he present the day pics in the form video clips together with music.. looks so nice and sweet...I like it immediately when I see it ...if not...then I check with Nick whether is it transferable..***hahaha***

Hi Besse,

Thanks!!

jady

hi gals,

gd morng!

yi, this wk start painting & carpentry. nxt wk install lights & accessories...so fast suddenly cos my flooring took abt 1 mth...cos amos & i always ask them to take their time as long as they do a gd job. we only go bk to see on wkends, but so far so gd! no miscomm, no sloppy wkmanship, etc..

bought all lights liao except for living rm lights which is out of stock now. got to wait till beginning may. my contractor will hv to cm bk nxt mth to install these 2 lights. i din get designer lights, all quite simple.

envy u, so many places to visit for HM....if can, we only planning for NZ trip. if banquet loses too much, we'll only go M'sia 1 of the beach resort:p

tingting

Hi naturally,

oops, yah, he only returns the selected negatives in CD-rom..
happy.gif

Even with MTM, J&M is cheaper, but just comparing bet the OTR, already I prefer Dang. Thing is, not sure if J&M can produce nice MTM gowns...my bf feels that money shld not influence decision making, cos it's a one-in-a-lifetime affair, but too bad I can be too practical for my own good sometimes!
happy.gif

Sok Eng's highlight album is actually a 28-page 4R photo book, so it's not big, but the album is supposed to condense the events of the day. Sometime she'll do inserts of small photos within one 4R, so it's not just simply put photos in the album. Sometime she'll also be inspired to do more artwork for certain photos..
happy.gif

Erin,

have forwarded you the package details. But I think she has sort of increased her price a bit, although she has increased the number of photos, so depending how u see it...