Singaporebrides | Inspirations
13 Things Bored Wedding Guests Wish You Would Do at Your Wedding
Showcase your personalities and give your wedding guests an all-new experience with these fun and unique wedding ideas!
When wedding guests reach that age when everyone seems to be getting married at the same time and attending four weddings a year becomes the norm, they don’t want the same experience over and over again. Your wedding is a celebration of you and your unique personalities and love journey! Take the opportunity to be creative when telling your story at your wedding, and keep your wedding guests entertained as a bonus.
We’ve rounded up some unique wedding ideas that guests would love to see at your big day, such as choosing a venue that is really you, injecting some personality into your wedding theme and décor, and raising the bar at your wedding with interactive stations your guests will love.
1. Choose a Wedding Venue that’s YouGucci and Jacky’s Fun and Laid-Back Wedding at The Summerhouse by thegaleria Ariel and Johan’s Gorgeous Industrial Wedding at The Ahava by Andri Tei Photography
After attending countless hotel ballroom weddings, your guests would love it if you threw a celebration somewhere they’ve never been. Better yet, make it an intimate reception where they can actually talk to you instead of just admire your sparkly dress from afar. Have fun with a unique wedding like Gucci and Jacky did at The Summerhouse and Ariel and Johan at The Ahava, or check out our list of alternative wedding venues and their rates for inspiration.
2. Tell Your StoryLyn and Ming Xian’s Exquisite Wedding at The Ritz-Carlton and Capella Singapore by Darren and Jade Photography Tina and Jacen’s Intimate Wedding at Emily Hill by 520 Library
Cookie-cutter weddings begone! These days, there are more and more opportunities for couples to tell their story and add personal touches to their weddings. Guests will be delighted to learn more about you and will enjoy interesting themes. Have fun with themes that reflect your personalities, such as Lyn and Ming Xian’s Old Shanghai and Roaring Twenties wedding, or Tina and Jacen did with their colourful outdoor wedding at Emily Hill.
3. Celebrate cultureAndrea and Samuel’s Mixed Culture Void Deck Wedding in Clementi by Just Like Magic Co. Ying Yi and Sebastian’s Cosy Wedding at The Gallery at Grand Hyatt Singapore by Tinydot Photography
Come from two different cultures? Celebrate your cultures and share them with your families and friends, as Andrea and Samuel did with their void deck wedding, with unique wedding ideas such as a lion dance, an ice cream uncle, and a chuppah to represent both Singaporean and Jewish cultures! You can also put a modern spin on Oriental style by pairing your traditional kun qua with retro round shades, or light up your wedding with a neon double happiness sign like Ying Yi and Sebastian did at their celebration.
4. Inject Some ColourMoody Tropical Little Island Brewing Co Wedding Styled Shoot by Andri Tei Photography Zesty Modern Romance Styled Shoot at The Dempsey Cookhouse & Bar by Natalie Wong Photography
Forget blush and white weddings; inject some colour into your wedding guests’ experience with a bright and unusual colour palette. Take a leaf from our >oody Tropical Styled Shoot with dark jewelled tones, or go for bright yellow and greens like our Zesty Modern Romance Styled Shoot.
5. Install Edible DecorTing Ping and Edward’s Gorgeous Wedding in Capella Singapore by Antelope Studios
If there’s one thing your guests want, it’s for you to feed them! Dessert bars are a great way to inject colour and style to the whole wedding experience too. Set up a beautiful popcorn bar like Ting Ping and Edward did, so guests can snack during cocktail hour. Better yet, add a pretty donut wall with customised donuts in your wedding colours!
6. Get an Ice Cream CartCara and Andy’s Ethereal, Blue-Hued Wedding at The St. Regis Singapore by Antelope Studios
Delight wedding guests young and old with an ice cream cart serving your favourite flavours like Cara and Andy did at their beautiful wedding!
7. Give Wedding Favours Guests Can Actually UseJocelyn and Marcus’ Gorgeous Succulent Wedding at The Rabbit Hole by Click! Photography Ting Ping and Edward’s Gorgeous Wedding in Capella Singapore by Antelope Studios
How many times have you gone to a traditional wedding and left the wedding favours behind? Nobody needs three sets of dove-shaped salt and pepper shakers! Do your guests and yourselves a favour by giving them something they’ll actually want, like these cute succulent pots at Jocelyn and Marcus’ wedding. They create a lovely display at your wedding too! Another great hit with guests is a DIY favour bar where they can create their own favours, such as a DIY floral tea bar, as Ting Ping and Edward had at their wedding.
8. Include Your PetsEllen and Andre’s Fun, Animal-Themed Wedding at The White Rabbit by Colossal Weddings
Cue the “Awww”s! If you’ve got a furry friend or three, and they’ve been part of your relationship almost as long as you have, it would be special indeed to involve them in your wedding, as Ellen and Andre did at their animal-themed celebration. You can be sure it will put a smile on your guests’ faces too!
9. March In to an Unusual SongJacqueleen and Roy’s Intimate Wedding at Sinfonia Ristorante by Andri Tei Photography
A few years ago, all guests heard at wedding march-ins was “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perii. Now, if it’s not Ed Sheeren’s “Perfect” or “Thinking Out Loud”, couples are playing “Beautiful in White” by Shane Filan. Get a little more creative and choose a song that represents the both of you! Check out our Spotify playlist for some inspiration.
10. Set Up a DIY Cocktail BarMichelle and William’s Beautiful and Intimate Botanico Wedding by The Beautiful Moment Photography
Get the party started with a DIY cocktail bar! Everybody loves alcohol at weddings, and a themed cocktail bar where guests can mix their own drinks adds a fun, interactive element. To share their love for Pimms, Michelle and William set up a Pimp Your Pimms bar so guests could garnish their cocktails with the fruits and herbs of their choice!
11. Host a Flower BarShermaine and Kelvin’s Wild, Botanical Wedding at Chijmes by Nicolethen Studio
Who doesn’t love a good flower bar? It’s great entertainment, and looks so pretty as part of your wedding styling. Let your guests get creative at a floral bar at your wedding, which can double up as wedding favours! For inspiration, here are 13 flower bar providers in Singapore.
12. Be Eco-ConsciousMarina Bay Sands Launches New Harmony Package for the Eco-Conscious Couple
It’s not just your eco-conscious guests who will appreciate your efforts for sustainability, but also the earth! These days, it’s easier to cut down on wastage as more wedding vendors jump on board the green wagon. Start with simple things like cutting shark’s fin from your wedding menu, or repurposing your wedding solemnisation flowers and bridesmaid posies for your reception décor.
13. Run Out Under a Sparkler ExitJacqueleen and Roy’s Intimate Wedding at Sinfonia Ristorante by Andri Tei Photography
If there’s one thing wedding guests enjoy, it’s a unique experience. End the night on a celebratory note with a fun sparkler exit! Bonus, they make for incredible photos!
Feature image from Colours of Spring, A Romantically Vibrant Styled Shoot at The Summerhouse by La Belle Couture and Rosette Designs Co, by Multifolds Photography